[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/podcast/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 7

File: maxresdefault.jpg (206KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
206KB, 1280x720px
What games do you play while listening to a comfy podcast/audiobook? for me it's pic related
>>
Terraria, Mount & Blade, any ARPG like Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2.
>>
Typically a grindy MMO or ARPG.
Been playing Warframe and more recently Path of Exile.
>>
Anno 1404, continuous game with large islands and resources on high, an easy opponent or two to trade with. Pirates and disasters optional.
>>
Yokai watch wibble wobble or puni puni
just found a new podcast to listen to so its been going pretty well
>>
I can't. Even shit like Stadew Valley occasionally steals my full attention and I miss whatever I am trying to listen to.
>>
Euro Truck Simulator 2 was made for this.
>>
>>386479923

This only happens occasionally for me. Granted I do a lot of dungeon exploring and manual farming and it eventually becomes automated enough that I can tune into the podcast.

But yeah there's no true multi-tasking. You're just doing two things both with lowered levels of attentiveness.
>>
>>386478932
Usually a grindy rpg or one with no voice acting. Or a sandbox game like SV. Others:

>Terraria
>Enter the Gungeon
>Doom/Doom 2 wads
>NuDoom Arcade mode
>old games on emulators
>Diablo 2
>>
>>386478932
Borderlands 2 so I don't have to listen to the dialogue, Risk of Rain because at this point it's muscle memory, Terraria if I'm doing boring shit,
>>
>>386479942

No kidding, especially since you can tune into real live radio stations.
>>
>>386479814
Are battles of all kinds optional? I love settlement building and gathering games but I can't be fucked with the fighting stuff.
>>
File: euro_truck_simulator_2-2115893.jpg (97KB, 580x841px) Image search: [Google]
euro_truck_simulator_2-2115893.jpg
97KB, 580x841px
>>386478932
>>
>>386478932
Easy stuff like Stardew Valley
Civ V
Some Fire Emblem titles
Europa Universalis IV
Pokemanz
>>
>>386478932
Rimworld
Conquest of Elysium
Long Dark
>>
Euro Truck Simulator 2
forever & always
I already own all garages & full upgraded/manned, have like 99.5% of the map explored and 600 mil $ in the bank.
>>
>>386480361
Whenever someone says "I play Rimworld" all I hear is "I'm too dumb and/or lazy and/or vapid for Dwarf Fortress".
>>
>>386478932
Starbound or any grindy RPGs is pretty good. Stardew Valley was a good choice, back when I was playing it. Mount and Blade is also a really great one.

Listening to a good podcast while playing a "comfy" game is one of the purest pleasure I have.
>>
File: .jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>386480176

You can turn of opponents altogether.
>>
>>386480538
Nobody summoned you, dorf autist.
>>
>>386480091
Doom 2 wads are one of the go-to choices for me when I just want to play something and not think too much, too.
Sometimes they end up being better than modern FPS campaigns though and I want to give them my full attention.
>>
File: Folder.jpg (43KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
43KB, 200x200px
>playing stardew valley
>listening to pic related

is there anything more comfy in the world?
>>
>>386480664
You mentioned Rimworld. That's literally all it takes.
>>
Spelunky
>>
>>386480827
Don't respond to me and my (You)s ever again.
>>
I hate to admit it, but WoW is excellent for listening to podcasts
>>
File: man-of-culture.jpg (51KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
man-of-culture.jpg
51KB, 1024x576px
>>386479942
>>386480195
>>386480414
>>
>>386480538
Having like 50+ hours of Dorf and 50+ hours of Rimworld, I can honestly say the latter is better.

"DF is hard as balls"
No it's not, set up a squad, have them actually train, give them decent equipment and you'll be gaining more dwarves than you lose.
>>
>>386481206
Dorf isn't hard. Only tryhards and little kids say that (as if taking the ~2 hours necessary to get past the UI is some sort of achievement). It's just hard to learn, which is something completely different. Dorf shines in its sheer breadth and depth, which is something Rimworld still doesn't begin approach.
>>
On that note, what are some cool and relatively unknown podcasts you'd like to share?

Here's mine:

• Scientific Odyssey: Really insightful history of science. The presenter is an actual professor of physics. He has some technical difficulties, and the latter episodes in every series get somehwat hard to follow (too many names & technical details), but you really do get a very strong sense of how we got to where we are, scientifically/technologically. I strong recommend starting with the astronomy series (still in progress).

• History in the Bible: This may be just me, but I really love scholarly approaches to and analysis of Bible, especially the Old Testament. The guy really digs into it, and he presents everything absolutely beautifully. No faux-"objectivity", no skimming over stuff, all the scholarly work is cited and a health mix of traditional, modern and near-contemporary work. He never doubts your intelligence and never explains the well-known or well-understood for retards in the audience. The lowest bullshit-to-information ratio I've ever seen in a podcast. Really high production quality, too.

• History of the Twentieth Century: Some guy takes on the daunting task of creating a narrative history of the entire 20th century, and doesn't cut corners. He's around ep 80 (@ ~30-50 minutes per episode) and he only just reached WW1. Political, military, scientific, cultural and economic history is all included.
>>
Sleepycast, the one and only.

Jeff = Stamper > Cory > Chris > Mick > Zach > Niall
>>
>>386481206

I've played both extensively and DF absolutely outshines Rimworld in depth and complexity. That being said all the games that DF ended up inspiring into being are still fun and enjoyable. I especially liked Timber and Stone.

Also you're not really fully experiencing DF until you're going retiring forts with multiple legendary weapons and pieces of armor, documenting in Legends Mode the events that transpired after your retirement, and then Adventurer Mode to explore the derelict ruins of your fortresses to retrieve your artifacts.

>give them decent equipment and you'll be gaining more dwarves than you lose.

That's just giving you more problems to deal with. More dwarves = higher chance of tantrum spirals. More deadly to a fort than forgotten beasts.
>>
>>386481206
i like playing rimworld when i want to be entertained by the game and dorf when i want to be creative and entertain myself
>>
>>386482074
I'm gonna check out that Twentieth Century one, seems great.
>>
Throw up Harvest Moon 64 on an emulator, and you're set. PJ64 even comes with most, if not all of the existing action replay/gameshark codes so you can make it as easy or difficult as you want.
>>
>>386482074
Sound cool.
>>
Best vidya games to play while watching YouTube/Netflix?

I like having games to play that require almost no attention but I'm also too autistic to settle with videos being the only stimulation.
>>
>not listening to ASMR vids while gaming instead

step up
>>
I usually just listen to the Bombcast in the hopes the Jeff shares a story about his fucked up life

Otherwise I just listen to the Beastcast because it has Dan and Vinny
>>
File: Ghandi Civ 5.jpg (61KB, 819x756px) Image search: [Google]
Ghandi Civ 5.jpg
61KB, 819x756px
>>386478932

CIV 5 or Galactic Civilizations 3.

Generally turned based strategy of some sort.
>>
>>386484491

I feel like playing this and then I remember that Ghandi behaves like a stage 5 thundercunt and fuck dealing with him again.
>>
Cities: Skylines or Rimworld.
>>
>>386484985

But it's actually so easy to steamroll A.I in Civ5.

Especially if you actually make use of OP civs that have bonuses to Science (Sweden) or both Science and Growth (China). Not to mention Chinese domination victories are easy as fuck since their Range units can fire two times in a turn.
>>
>>386484287

>I usually just listen to the Bombcast in the hopes the Jeff shares a story about his fucked up life

After having listened to some of their recent podcasts (right after re-listening to their 2008-2011 stuff) it is a severe dip in quality and personality from their old shit.

That company really died with Ryan. Patrick left a huge shitstain and there was some hope when he left, and then Ryan croaked. RIP GB.
>>
File: Screenshot_108.png (119KB, 243x268px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_108.png
119KB, 243x268px
>>386478932
FTL or XCOM
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.