[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how and why was this game so fucking good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: SouthParkTheStickOfTruth.jpg (83KB, 256x324px) Image search: [Google]
SouthParkTheStickOfTruth.jpg
83KB, 256x324px
how and why was this game so fucking good?
>>
>>386478035
It's Obsidian man.
>>
>how
Because it was like an extended episode of South Park, keeping the charm that makes the show so fun.
>why
Because you're not an uptight soccer mom who can enjoy toilet humor. You have the capacity to enjoy blunt humor that covers various topics without being offended, so you can tolerate the type of humor that is prevalent in the game.
>>
real question is if the 2nd game is going to be good, it looks fun but judging by the past season i'm not too sure
>>
>>386478529
The PC Principal nonsense? Yeah, I hope they don't go in that direction. After all, we're getting Cartman in his Coon outfit; you can't censor that without totally ruining the obvious joke. Unless they just totally fuck up, the second game should be fine.
>>
>>386478035
It was kinda like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAK5AP-zbW8#t=23m55s
>>
>>386478529
i mean, you can give an old drunk guy a lap dance, looks great to me

>>386478665
call me stupid but i never got the coon joke, can you explain?
>>
>>386479010
Coon is derogatory for black people in the old days, maybe for others as well. Cartman is a racist person dressing up as a raccoon. It's not BLINDINGLY evident, but considering Cartman's nature, it's totally a racist joke mixed in with a simple pun. An example of the term in use; "That coon best get away from my daughter."
>>
>>386478035

Obsidian
>>
File: 1502043361182.gif (3MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1502043361182.gif
3MB, 600x338px
>>386478035
Great world, conversations, quests and cutscenes. Maybe a bit cliche but it was literally like playing an episode of South Park, everything felt incredibly right

The Paper Mario style combat was fun as well, it was simple enough that fights weren't a massive grind but also engaging enough to enjoy

Fractured But Whole is being made by a different studio though, it's Ubisoft San Francisco whose past titles are only made up of
>Tetris Ultimate
>Rocksmith 2014
>Just Dance Kids 2014
>Smurfs 2
>>
>>386478529

The 2nd isn't going to be good because Obsidian isn't developing it.
>>
>>386480276
>Fractured But Whole is being made by a different studio though, it's Ubisoft San Francisco

holy shit and I almost preordered the fucking second part?!?!?!
>>
File: 1477776369307.gif (3MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477776369307.gif
3MB, 320x240px
>>386480404
They trick you by making the first game really good, then give the second game a shoestring budget and studio and make it UPlay only so you can't buy cheap Steam keys
>>
>>386478665
you know pc principal is making fun of PC people right? why the fuck would they censor the coon because of him you thin skinned poltard
>>
>>386481041
It'll probably be censored in the EU

Again
>>
>>386480276
Rocksmith 2014 + CDLC is good shit though and with the remaster update most of the complaints people had for it are invalid now. Tetris Ultimate was aight.
>>
>>386478035
It's Paper Mario.
>>
>>386481610
this
closest thing we have to a 3rd paper mario after ttyd
>>
>>386478035
because trey and matt actually gave a fuck about it, its their baby. they turned down many games before agreeing to this one because a bunch of faggots wanted to milk the franchise for money with phone games and shit like that
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.