[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me /v/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
A couple of days ago my uncle asked me to find him some video games to play. Specifically "entry level video games", so something simple. He wants to get into vidya but I am stumped on what to try him on. The only video game he ever completed was the original Diablo back in 96.

I tried him on Half-Life but he gave up on it when the tutorial asked him to duck jump. He also couldn't grasp the idea of moving the mouse to look at stuff too well. He also thought Civ5 was too complicated.
>>
>>386472338
Diablo 3
>>
>>386472338
Portal 2
>>
>>386472338
Diablo 3
>>
>>386472338
Any old platformer will do.
Super mario world or something like that
>>
>>386472338
>>386472771
>>386473268
Diablo 2 stepped up the mechanics of the original, while 3 reimagined them. Assuming your uncle enjoyed his experience with Diablo 1, I would say go for that. Plus, you can get the whole game + expansion for something like $20 through the Blizzard web store [/spoiler]or pirate it with little to no effort[/spoiler]
>>
>>386472338
Final Fantasy wouldn't be a bad start.

FF8 or 10, as I think they hold the most strength on their own, and have more refined mechanics than you'll find in 7, and don't require as much franchise knowledge as 9.

Along with that, Portal, or even Half-Life 2 would be a better option than the first of the series, as it's more refined and has a good quality of life adjustments for modern gaming that Half Life on gldsource doesn't.

Of course there's World at War, and it's zombie mod which opens a bunch of doors towards more modern gaming and complexities.

Super Mario 64 is a great time killer, and you could get him Smash Bros on the same system which has a bunch of single player unlockables that help you learn the game, and can really refine your technique on your own.
>>
>>386472338
If your uncle likes isometric games try Brigador, you wont regret it
>>
>>386474048
>[/spoiler]or pirate it with little to no effort[/spoiler]
Hey anon, I'll tell you a secret.
Highlight text, then CTRL + S in the quick reply window
>>
>>386474489
gotta try this out
>>
>>386472338
Stay away from camera controls. Any. It's the most difficult thing to learn for non-gamers. So 2D games or ones with static backgrounds.

You can still find tons of good ones like that. Then ease in. Games where you look but aren't in real danger. Whichever Myst had full camera. Things like that.

It'll come but nobody wants to jump in at level 90 from 0 with no skill in mouse or controller use. If you really think about it that's pretty difficult.
>>
>>386472338
the sly series. maybe hell end up wacking it to carmelita even
>>
anything that doesn't need to camera controls.
people that don't play games can't grasp controlling a character and moving the camera at the same time right away and all it will do is scare them away because it's intimidating and overwhelming.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.