[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best GTA game ever and you know it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

>Enjoyable characters
>Great graphics for its time
>Good physics even superior to its sequel
>Realistic main characters
>Amazing story mode

While GTA 5 felt like a Hollywood movie,GTA 4 felt like true Kino. Will GTA 6 finally top it?
>>
>>386471772
Nah, GTA VI will be primarily Online trash for the micro transactions money.
>>
>A series where one of the games in the series is nothing like the rest of the entire series
>BEST GAME
That's not how that works.
>>
I hope GTA 6 is set in the 70s. I don't want to be reminded of the tranny era.
>>
That's not San Andreas.
>>
>>386473370
>game is different therefore it can't be the best

What sort of retard logic is that?
>>
File: 1475881341754.png (235KB, 383x352px) Image search: [Google]
1475881341754.png
235KB, 383x352px
>>386473330
Oh fuck I hope not.
>>
Fuck yes GTA IV thread.

Imagine a new edition with the character switching system of GTA V.
10th anniversary next year
>>
>>386471772
>>Great graphics for its time
It looked like absolute ass when it came out.
>>
>>386473370
>A series where one of the games in the series is nothing like the rest of the entire series
The gameplay itself was practically a remake of GTA3.
>>
GTAuto4 is garbage. Is boring as fuck and it's too easy. Either snipe or don't play fr. GTAuto was the GOAT and don't you ever disrespect that shit by saying it was bad because it was glitchy name a game to this day that isn't glitchy af at some moments in time? Yeah you cant because all games glitch out
>>
>>386471772

The driving and accident physics are really fun.

You know what would be great? If the next one planned the city to be fun, instead of realistic, just like SA or Vice City. A city like that with 4 physics would be the best GTA ever made.
>>
>>386471772
>GTA 5 felt like a Hollywood movie
*modern hollywood movie, goddamn that game was trash and I will never not be mad I bought it
>>
File: gta iv pop in.gif (3MB, 390x222px) Image search: [Google]
gta iv pop in.gif
3MB, 390x222px
I appreciate IV a lot more after having played V, but the downright shit performance kills all enjoyment for me

>last gen consoles experience drops into the single digits when in heavy traffic or explosions occur
>PC port is an absolute abomination that drops frames on machines that far exceed the recommended specs
>>
>>386475173

Of course is easy, it is a direct port of a console shooter without any rebalance in dificulty.

The player was suposed to be handicaped by a joystick and use autoaim, instead of headshot people while in cover with a mouse. When you use a mouse you break the game, and the only way for you to be shot at, is if they land a bullet in your arm while you headshot people without even looking like you had an eye in your hand.
>>
>hurr GTA4 is amazing
>hurr GTA5 is awful

GTA4 fags are the worst. I swear I wish I could kock all your little asses.
>>
>>386475561

The PS3 version feels like playing a shitty gif or something. 20 frames per second average I would guess
>>
>>386475909
You are gonna do what to my ass?
>>
>>386476149

He's going to cock it. Dick it. Put his penis inside of it.
>>
>>386471772
IV had so many little details that made the world feel truly alive. The gunplay sucked, but the story was more gritty and real.

V was just "muh graphics" with all the little details of life downgraded to pre-IV levels. Great gunplay, but a shit story with a shit ending.

Not to mention how they abondoned single player to focus on selling shark cards to the ghetto trash who play online.
>>
>>386474861
That gameplay mechanic was almost useless. They should have made a game with one protag.
>>
>>386474917
Underage, go and stay go
>>
>>386475909
Great argument
>>
>>386471772
>Enjoyable character's
>Great graphics
>Amazing story mode
Nice meme anon.
>>
>cars control like boats
> children who've never driven a vehicle in their lives all praise the "realism" of this fact

Fuck this game. The core controls are shit. I think the story is overrated trash too, but the fact is this is a game primarily about driving and the vehicles control like shit.
>>
>>386477216
Not an argument.
>>
>>386477097
Nah, I think the multi-protagonist system worked fine but it has to be refined.
>>
Playing through it right now for the first time.
What is the main mechanic of this game? What is there to get good at? What here takes skill? The game fucking plays itself and every mission is bland shite
Every new mechanic is frustrating to learn and thrown away 5 minutes after it is introduced because rockstar cares more about muh immersion and muh satire than making an actual video game
>>
>>386471772

GTA IV was the best GTA and one of the best games ever made

100% agreed
>>
>>386474828
Not even a single piece of single-player DLC for GTA 5, i'm mad as fuck. Look at what GTA IV got. Microtransactions are good for Rockstar's wallet and they're not looking back.
>>
File: gta_driving_suv_roundabout.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
gta_driving_suv_roundabout.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>386471772
>Good physics even superior to its sequel
>>
Is Vice City worth it? Not that far into San Andreas but I've been having a lot of fun with it. Been blasting some crack dealers for easy cash and bought out almost every house for sale at the starting town, and already maxed out CJ's bicycle skill and muscle
>>
File: 1489901138912.jpg (28KB, 609x609px) Image search: [Google]
1489901138912.jpg
28KB, 609x609px
>>386478090
>What is there to get good at? What here takes skill?
>Every new mechanic is frustrating to learn
>The game fucking plays itself
>>
>>386478312
What fucking car have you ever driven that had that much sway? It have you never driven?
>>
>>386478090
The same could be said about literally every GTA game
>>
>>386479096
Im talking about the one note """mechanics""" that rockstar is infamous for, which are jank. The rest of the game is walking, driving, and shooting
>>
>>386473370
what's different about it? I know people hated it because it didn't have a lot of stuff San Andreas had, but people forget that San Andreas was the only game in the series that was "nothing like the rest of the entire series."
>>
>mfw Red Dead 2 is 8hrs long
>mfw Rockstar puts all effort into online play
>don't forget to buy horsecards so you can buy an aprtmen...I mean cowboy house.
>>
>>386479503
Nigger it's going to be gold bags or something
>>
>>386478146
>>>386471772 (OP)
>GTA IV was the best GTA and one of the best games ever made
>100% agreed

Gay Tony was great too!
>>
>>386474086
YOUR OWN
PERSONAL
JESUS
>>
>>386479565
>I really want that Buffalo Rifle, too bad it's 10,000,000 goldbags

just fucking kill me now
>>
Vice City is still the best.
>>
>>386479251
>Im talking about the one note """mechanics""" that rockstar is infamous for, which are jank.
Like what? Try actually elaborating your points. What mechanics are you finding "difficult to learn?" If the game is as simple and braindead ("It fucking plays itself!") as you're making it out to be, doesn't that make you really retarded?
>The rest of the game is walking, driving, and shooting
>le simplify a game to its absolute most basic components to make it seem bad meme
What GTA IV does better than any other game in the series is letting you use the open world aspect to your advantage in the missions. A lot of them can be completed in very creative and fun ways if you just use your head and improvise.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.