[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we actually talk about this game for once? Even if we are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 54616451451545141.jpg (320KB, 1920x600px) Image search: [Google]
54616451451545141.jpg
320KB, 1920x600px
Can we actually talk about this game for once? Even if we are shitting on it since almost every Origins thread degrades into terrible threads.
>>
it looks like fucking shit

the leveled weapons were already an issue when they were first introduced so doubling down is stupid, and making the character able to control arrows is retarded

so is the hawk vision thing, that's also retarded and takes the fun out of it (a lot like keeping marked soldiers in MGSV across deaths/mission failures did)

looking to be a pretty mediocre game overall with the only thing going for it being its setting; why they can't get back to the style of brotherhood and AC2 is beyond me
>>
>>386471393
Actually looks fun and will be better than Syndicate and the protagonist might be better.
>>
>>386471567
But they did you stupid "muh old AC" nigger they did it with Unity
>>
>>386471567
What did Ac2 and brotherhood do so well? The only new AC that actually went back to the roots was Unity but every hates unity
>>
Desmond's story was shit

Ezio is overrated

Kenway saga is better than Ezio trilogy

Unity is actually a good game and Syndicate degraded the series more than 3
>>
>>386471739
Are they doing it with their most current game you dumb sack of shit? Did you even think about what you were posting? I don't care about any of their halfassed attempts to emulate their previous successes, I want an actual effort to either make something different that works or an actual effort to make something that captures the good parts of what was previously there. Black Flag was good because it actually deviated and took full responsibility for its deviation. Unity is hollow.

>>386471842
A combination of gameplay and presentation. The upgrades you got in AC2/Brotherhood were enough to make you able to handle most situations but there was a lot of challenge in a lot of missions. Revelations was fairly good but still missed out in the presentation — it never felt like it was actually going anywhere, and the story just kind of existed. Assassin's Creed was always a combination of story and gameplay, and while the gameplay keeps getting polished in various ways they also forgo a lot of what made the earlier entries fun. The story has become a retarded clusterfuck so it's better to just focus on the historical aspects but even then I don't know that they can even handle those anymore. Egypt looks to be a decent setting but it also doesn't have much going for it.
>>
>>386472089
By your reasoning Origins will be good since it definitely deviates more than black flag
>>
>>386472354
If it handles itself well, sure, but I see all these supposed "gameplay upgrades" like the loot system, arrow control, and literal hawk vision and don't see them making for an enjoyable experience. If the level design is great, then sure, that's wonderful. The way it stands is that it looks way too easy to break the game wide open. I'm no purist, AC1 was a shit game, but AC2 and Brotherhood both had balance in them, something that's been missing. In some recent games Ubisoft went and made it impossible to just chain down enemies in large groups, which is a good step, but then they add in all this other shit that just does not mesh. Hopefully Origins is good but I don't have a lot of hope for it.
>>
>>386472571
It will be better than Syndicate
>>
>>386472872
ASSASSINS
>>
>>386472696
It wouldn't take much to be better than Syndicate.
>>
Assassin's Creed was never good, and it has only gone downhill. This will be garbage just like all of the others.
>>
>>386472992
Most fans know but it's like fast food you knows it's bad but you can't help but to play it once in a while
>>
>>386472992
It's more of a guilty pleasure thing for me.
>>
>>386472921
N
>>
I liked the first two games because of free roaming gameplay. Just running over buildings cat pouncing on fuckers and shit. Was great fun. I enjoyed the earlier editions a lot. 1, 2, BH, Rev, and even 3 were good fun. 3 had a shit story but something about the fighting was highly enjoyable...probably the hatchet. Just felt brutal to use.

I particularly liked 1 and 2 because of the historical aspects. Seeing the medicis and shit like that, and feeling like your character witnessed events in history but didn't make it into the history books was cool, imho.

They appealed the history buff in me.
The newer ones felt like you were just in a historical theme park. The stories just didn't seem to work. Looking at you Black Flag. That game was hot garbage and it got a pass because "much boats". Unity was an attempted return to form, but it was a mess. Down right broken with a story that felt like it was ad-libbed together. Haven't touched the series since and won't again.
>>
>>386473492

Oranges
>>
File: Joshua_Render_(2).png (638KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Joshua_Render_(2).png
638KB, 1024x768px
>>386471393
>Can we actually talk about this game for once? Even if we are shitting on it since almost every Origins thread degrades into terrible threads.

Some things are improvements, others are not.

For example the changes to eagle vision is good, while adding loot and level based enemies are not.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.