[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

American McGee's Alice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 7

File: 645862676_preview_ama.jpg (147KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
645862676_preview_ama.jpg
147KB, 640x480px
I've had this game for years and decided to play it again. It's the retail, 2 CD version. GOt the game running on Win10 and find out there's two HD versions to choose from. Which, if any, should I use? Alice HD upgrade or the American McGee’s Alice – Madly Enhanced upgrade? Anyone tried one, the other or both? Help me decide, /v/.
>>
>>386465480
i recently bought a copy, too, along with onimusha 3
>>
>>386465604
You ever play any Alice before?
>>
I got Madness Returns the other day and was wondering if it is necessary to play American McGee's first in order to understand the other.
>>
>>386465801
From a quick look at wikipedia, MR is a sequel of Alice. Since not that many people probably played the first one, I'd guess that it's not gonna be a big deal to skip to MR. Then again, I haven't played MR.
>>
I think this is from the HD upgrade.
>>
File: Comparison3.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Comparison3.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
Its hard finding a comparison between the two upgrades. Stuff like this is mostly what I can find.
>>
>>386465801
Not at all.
>>
File: 1728100-the_great_hall.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1728100-the_great_hall.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
From play-old-pc-games
"The American McGee’s Alice HD texture pack can be downloaded here. This is a complete high resolution re-texturing/revamp of the game, the HUD and the menus. It also includes a cheat menu, new enemies, widescreen fixes and much more.

The Madly Enhanced upgrade can be downloaded here. This upgrade includes enhanced textures and also tweaks certain weapons to make them more balanced. When downloading this mod, be sure to download both parts and install the V1 part first. This pack also includes the updated textures that were included with the 2011 re-release of the game (which came bundled with certain versions of the sequel, Alice – Madness Returns)."

From this image alone, I'd like to play Madness Returns. Looks great. Perhaps I'll choose that one. Still, slapping textures on low-poly objects sometimes doesn't look right.
>>
I played both. The first one was legit creepy, and the way you needed to power your weapons made it a unique experience. The second one was more platformey, way less creepy. But its gameplay was more fluid. All in all, id say dont skip the first, its graphics may be autdated as fuck, but still its the better one experience wise
>>
File: e1faa715d26135941ceeef06bb769240.jpg (160KB, 1300x1037px) Image search: [Google]
e1faa715d26135941ceeef06bb769240.jpg
160KB, 1300x1037px
I got a version of Madness Returns that came with an HD release of the first game. I personally like the first one more, though the second plays better. You could do some crazy shit in the first after you got enough weapons. Hotkeys for the win!
>>
File: Alice.jpg (152KB, 850x600px) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
152KB, 850x600px
Just finished installing & tweaking American McGee's Alice and suddenly there is an Alice thread on /v/. Blasted Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon!
>>
>>386468572
Agreed. After you're done with the first game, even the last couple of levels in the second seem super soft. Then again, one could argue that the sequel would be more disturbing to the average player due to its late game content.
>>
Just finished a few levels on hard and the flying enemies are fisting my ass, should I drop it down to medium or just roll with the punches? Any tips on how to beat those flying fucks?
>>
>>386469228
git gud
>>
>>386465480
Check PCGamingwiki.
>>
>>386469036
>references Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon
>/v/
>good on you, friend
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.