[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Outlast Trinity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Outlast_Trinity_box_art.jpg (236KB, 497x604px) Image search: [Google]
Outlast_Trinity_box_art.jpg
236KB, 497x604px
Just got this. What am I in for?
>>
Shit.
>>
Why don't you just fucking play it instead of asking other people what to expect of things?
>>
The first game and the DLC are both great. Second one is kind of meh. It has a good start but then turns into a "run away" simulator.
>>
File: 0a1.jpg (27KB, 428x410px) Image search: [Google]
0a1.jpg
27KB, 428x410px
>>386464178
>Whistleblower is considered a separate game and not a DLC of the first one
>>
>>386464178
You like first person crouching simulators?

The you're in luck because those games are 90% that.
>>
OP here... Fuck, I was hoping for a decent survival horror.
>>
>>386465314
Play the first one for an hour and then see what you think.
>>
>>386464816
>It has a good start but then turns into a "run away" simulator.
You mean exactly like the first game? Fucking moron. Hide and seek simulators appeal to the lowest common denominator. Both Outlasts are for meme kiddies.
>>
>>386466345
Running away is not the same thing as hide and seek. The second game has many sequences where you need to run and can't hide at all. Some of these runs are pretty hard, so there is a lot of trial and error involved.
>>
>>386466792
There were a few times where you had no choice but to run in the original game. Hide and seek simulators railroad you into either running or hiding. Not exactly game design that appeals to high IQ players. It appeals to the lowest common denominator.

For a game to be scary it has to have combat otherwise it's too predictable. Every time you see an enemy in Outlast you either look for a locker to hide in or run. You immediately know the process and how to react to every "scary" (lel) situation in the game. With something like Silent Hill or Resident Evil, when you see a horrible abomination it's scary because you know you may have no choice but to fight it, you may have to actually engage that thing in combat. The invincible enemy shit in RE or SH is an incredibly rare occurrence but keeps you on your toes so you never know what to truly expect from the monsters.

With meme trash for kiddies like Amnesia or Outlast it's search for a closet / side room to crouch down in or run away. Such exciting, engaging gameplay, only high IQ players such as myself will appreciate such top notch game design. Implementing a combat system into a horror game takes talent. Something the Outlast developers are lacking. Alien Isolation is the only good hide and seek simulator in existence. Have not played Penumbra.
>>
>>386464241
fpbp
>>
>>386467143
>only high IQ players such as myself will appreciate such top notch game design.

I was going to give you a real reply but then I saw that. Good one. You had me fooled.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.