[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 34

File: chrono-cross[1].jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
chrono-cross[1].jpg
93KB, 640x480px
Was it really that bad?
>>
>>386463960
no but it wasn't better than trigger. It was a pretty good game.
>>
It wasn't good
>>
It was alright
>>
>>386463960
The pacing was shit, but the graphics and the music almost made up for it.

Having 50 characters is... weird, but I liked the variety you could have in teams. Too bad many of them were just filler.
>>
It was a good game but a bad sequel
>>
>>386463960
No. It was a really good game held back by a few major fuck ups on a progression level, and one major fuck up on a systems level (why exactly did they do a huge cast with only 3 party slots?).
>>
It was an alright game, requires effort to understand and I can respect what they were going for.

Still one of my favorites of all time even though I can acknowledge the flaws of the game.
>>
>kills all the main characters from Trigger offscreen
Has there ever been a bigger "fuck you" in vidya?
>>
>>386464350
It's implied that they had a contingency plan.
>>
>>386463960
It was "a good game but a bad chrono game meme"
>>
It wasn't bad at all in fact I think it's better than trigger
>>
>>386463960
As a sequel to CT? It was criminally bad.
>>
>>386464350
You remember a guy pops up and immediately tells you that isn't a dead Crono, right?
>>
>>386464432
Actually, it's not an implication, if you go back into Kids' nightmare (I think, it's been a while), you later get Lucca's letter, which tells you outright that they had backups, so even if things look grim, they shouldn't give up.
>>
>>386463960
It was better than Trigger in everything really.
Unfortunately, it still suffered from most of the problems Trigger had, non existent difficulty, tons of badly implemented ideas in the battle system and a pretty convoluted, often nonsensical story, but at least dimensional travel makes more sense than time travel.
I'm also one of the few who like how it ties back to Trigger, it did a good job in staying connected to it but also being its own thing.
>>
>>386464842
That's definitely not the case.
>>
>>386464064
This.

>>386464350
Lunar 2. Originally they wanted the cast of the first game to play roles, but decided to ax them all and make 2 way in the future, but you still meet Nall who barely makes any mention of the Lunar 1 crew.
>>
File: 1481421255186.jpg (692KB, 553x936px) Image search: [Google]
1481421255186.jpg
692KB, 553x936px
This thread is motivating me to play it.
Ive been looking for a PS1 RPG after finishing FF7 a few days ago.
>>
>tfw you will never inseminate a planet
>>
>>386465219
Go play Xenogears.
>>
>>386465027
>dimensional travel makes more sense than time travel

Explain?
>>
>>386465465
What about disk 2?
>>
It's a good game but has too many flaws and has to live in the almost perfect previous game's shadow.
>>
>>386465537
disk 2 is fucking cancer and I have no idea how is it possible that there are people out there who defend it
>>
>>386465219

Play FF9
>>
>implement lots of interesting characters
>don't develop any of them
>instead focus on the cunty aussie bitch who is bland as fuck
>>
>>386465537
Endure it.
>>
File: 250px-BoFIVBox.png (157KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-BoFIVBox.png
157KB, 250x250px
>>386465219
Do yourself a favor and play this, best rpg on the system.
>>
>>386464350
Probably MGS2 if you really hated Raiden. I liked him so no issues but I can definitely understand the butthurt.
>>
>>386465219
Play the two SaGa Frontier games.
>>386465531
Travelling to a different dimension makes much more sense than travelling to the past, which breaks basic cause and effect norms(You can't go back to the past to fix the present or future since the past already happened).
Technically speaking, the only plausible direction you can go to in time travel is forward, the only way you can make time travel to the past logically plausible is by having timelines being effectively separate dimensions, each with its own separate timeline of events.
Then again, this is all science fiction, but dimension travelling is still logically more sound than time travelling.
>>
>>386464163
Quantity over quality is not a good thing, and it was especially handled poorly here.
Random NPCs in a random town in Trails in the Sky, who have nothing to do with the main story, have more work and development put into them than our party members in Chrono Cross.
>>
>>386466342
>Random NPCs in a random town in Trails in the Sky, who have nothing to do with the main story, have more work and development put into them than our party members in Chrono Cross.

I disagree. About half of them got good characterization, imo. It's just that, as I've said, the other half was filler.

Also, the old man team was badass.
>>
>>386465952
>Who is Leenah?
>Who is Karsh?
>Who is Glenn?
>Who is Razzly?
>Who is Riddel?
>Who is Viper?
>Who Harle?
>Who is Nikki?
>Who is Fargo?
>Who is Radius?
>>
>>386466342
>Random NPCs in a random town in Trails in the Sky
They are TES tier infodump NPCs, you're literally advocating for quantity over quality.

Cross characters aren't meant to have any general relevance to the main story, they all have their little self contained stories in the world and that's it, there's no "higher" meaning, they're just there to show you how alive the world is, if anything Cross is quality over quantity since hardly anyone infodumps you walls of texts for every little thing like in Kiseki.
>>
>>386466342
>trailsfag
Alright, good to know your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
>>386466445
Half of them is probably stretching it by a large margin. Very few of them received passable characterization compared to how many of them are there.
>>
>>386466223
None of that shit matters if we're talking about a video game plot though

Chrono Trigger handles its time travel mechanics consistently enough for me not to care, with maybe the exception of Marle blinking out of existence at the start
>>
>>386463960
Is basically shits in all what Chrono trigger did, making you game pointless and nobody likes when their hard work is made pointless. Just look that stupid FFX book, Japan hates it so hard for running everything that now SE acts like it didn't exists.
>>
>>386463960
Yes, if one considers it a follow-up to Chrono Trigger... Which given the name and plot details, one must. It had a shitload of characters, but space limitations mean that outside of character-specific sidequests and introductions, all the characters say the exact same fucking thing. The combat was slow, the pacing was slow, and it was a grimdark fantasy following up on one of the most lighthearted JRPGs in existence. If it hadn't been a Chrono title it'd have been okay (pretty much all JRPGs coming out at the time had pacing issues thanks to developers drunk on the lack of space limitations compared to previous titles) but all the ways it pales in comparison to Trigger make the flaws stand out even more.

>>386464350
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter, for people who were a fan of 2, 3, and 4's design choices. Like it or hate it, it's a more drastically different game than Cross is from Trigger.
>>
>>386463960
It's a bit of a mess, but has cool ideas and great music.

Biggest problem was that it was called "Chrono" and people thought it would be a proper sequel to Trigger.
>>
LISTEN TO THIS OST /V/

LISTEN TO IT PULLING YOUR HEARTSTRINGS YOU MISERABLE FUCKS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67bJSn4GQlA&index=13&list=PLe49bTB1MEI2UcYl9lzqn5MeUH5aaGhdu
>>
File: 4795446_p0.jpg (1MB, 2109x2100px) Image search: [Google]
4795446_p0.jpg
1MB, 2109x2100px
>>386467120
>not posting the most beautiful song ever created for a game
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oG7fr4CYer8
>>
>>386465070
>but you still meet Nall who barely makes any mention of the Lunar 1 crew.
Bullshit. There's a whole emotional scene at the end of the game where Nall is in tears as he remembers the old party. They save the remembering until then because Luna being a normal human was a huge twist back then
>>
>>386466223

Just by playing CT it always gave me the idea that changing past, a previous past and previousprevious past and a previouspreviousprevious past would create different dimensions or another timeline, sort like DB with Trunks. And at an extreme point, a fucking paradox, like a Robo staying back in 600 working in the forest while you got back "another" Robo in 1000

The only things that seemed beyond time was Lavos and those who were in End of Time.
>>
File: 1345144387353.jpg (458KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1345144387353.jpg
458KB, 700x700px
>>386467030
>Is basically shits in all what Chrono trigger did, making you game pointless

When will Triggerniggers stop repeating this blatantly wrong garbage? Fucking retards, literally too dumb to understand multiple universes with diverging storylines.
>>
>>386466801
>They are TES tier infodump NPCs, you're literally advocating for quantity over quality.
No, not really. I don't understand why you would say they are infodump NPCs, most NPC conversations are about the characters themselves and their current problems/objectives. When you talk to them you learn more about the characters and their little storyarcs progress as well, developing them. They do reveal more about the world, but they are not just infodumps. If anything, it's quality and quantity.
>>386466819
No idea what your problem is, but rest assured the feeling is mutual.
>>
>>386467120
>>386467267
YOU ARE BOTH INCOMPETENT RUBES.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoEMaWrQBQM
>>
File: doubt.jpg (34KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.jpg
34KB, 640x360px
>>386466801
>50 Characters (most of who contribute little to nothing to the overall plot) vs 7 characters who have arcs all throughout the game
>Most characters use the exact same dialogue except for the few who have accents, which the game will automatically add to the generic dialogue without changing anything
>Chrono Cross is Quality over Quantity.

Mate.
>>
File: Tir.McDohl.full.1323610.jpg (330KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tir.McDohl.full.1323610.jpg
330KB, 600x600px
>>386466037
>Do yourself a favor and play this, best rpg on the system.

It's not even better than 3, so no.
1 dragon form, non-stop trash minigames that mess up the pacing, dumbed down overworld from 3, baby easy, etc.

Suikoden 1, Suikoden 2, Breath of Fire 3, Xenogears, Alundra, Brave Fencer Musashi, Wild Arms, etc. are all better.
>>
>>386467030
No it didn't.
>>
File: 232345786.jpg (114KB, 573x584px) Image search: [Google]
232345786.jpg
114KB, 573x584px
>>386465952
Them's fighting words, anon.
>>
>>386464350
Lucca at least got to play a somewhat important role in the story. Crono and Marle are just dead for no fucking reason. The Porre sub-plot is so fucking irrelevant.
>>
>>386467267
>>386467479
FUCK YOU BOTH, NOW I'M ALL TEARY EYED

100 CCS OF HEORISM ASAP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuwK6vn6lBA
>>
>>386467335
Okay, so they brought back the characters not only to kill them off, but to make killing them off pointless on top of all of it.
>>
>>386466881
>Very few of them received passable characterization
What is characterization for you?
Longass, drama ridden character arcs and longass scripts like Kiseki? Where all the characters are as flat and stereotyped as possible but for some reason the games throws you tons and tons of inane text in order to "characterize" them?
I much prefer Cross' characters' they are concise, fun and all unique in their own way, all with their little story and place in the world, and I especially like that so many characters join you, in most other RPGs you're a group of chosen ones who are somehow cheered by others but none actually has the balls to get their hands dirty and fight for themselves, Cross, together with other games like Suikoden or SaGa is one of the very rare franchises where playable characters actually have balls and are proactive.
>>386466981
>Chrono Trigger handles its time travel mechanics consistently enough for me not to care
Except CT stops making sense the moment you step in the time travelling machine during the fair, because that's time travel's problem, once you go to the past things stop making sense.
>>386467382
>I don't understand why you would say they are infodump NPCs
Because they have no other purpose than infodumping you on world's lore that could have been shown on screen or passively adding "characterization" on the main cast by virtue of Estelle &Co. having forced mini episodes for most of the sidequests you do, which also don't add anything to their characters outside of repeating the same nauseating stereotypes every time, and frankly, I don't care about any of the NPCs in Trails because the games are linear anyway, they're one of the games where NPCs feel the most robotic, because everything they say is drawn out for tons of meaningless words that don't really add anything to the main experience.
Some people like that kind of stuff, but not me, Cross had the decency of being concise and also have a good world.
>>
>>386467682
YOU CAN'T EVEN GET BLOOD PUMPING MEGA JAMS RIGHT YOU FAILURE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J46RY4PU8a8
>>
>>386467876
>Except CT stops making sense the moment you step in the time travelling machine during the fair, because that's time travel's problem, once you go to the past things stop making sense.

Not really, you just keep creating alternate timelines.

In reality they didn't change the fucked timelines, they just created non-fucked ones.
>>
>>386467881
FUCK YOU, THAT'S THE OPENING, THAT'S CHEATING, EVERYONE KNOWS IT'S THE GREATEST THING EVER.

GO FIGHT SOME FUCKING DRAGONS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFiSb9SBOW0
>>
File: 1499614788085.jpg (97KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1499614788085.jpg
97KB, 720x720px
>>386467668
>Dalton wins lol
>>
Nah, CC is great.
The only real problem the game had was loading times and somewhat obscure mechanics.
>>
>>386467876
You complain about shallow stereotyped characters, AND too much information about them, then go ahead and prefer Cross where the majority of the playable characters are so empty they can't even fill in a stereotype, basically 0,5D characters in some cases.
Basically you don't like Kiseki because it had too much text for you. I get it, but it clouded your judgement on this aspect we are discussing and not being objective at all.
>>
>>386463960
it's a good but flawed game with too many (shitty) characters and other questionable design choices
it would have been more popular if it didn't have any connections to chrono trigger and would live on as one of those cult classic square games like xenogears or legend of dragoon instead of being remembered as something that shit on chrono trigger's legacy
>>
>>386468312
>it wasn't enough for them to pull this retarded shit that serves no purpose in Cross
>they retconned it into Trigger with the PS1 re-release
There's nothing wrong with having a simple happy ending in a light-hearted game like Chrono Trigger. Why put in so much effort, making entire expensive FMVs, when the plot point has absolutely no relevance to anything in Cross. The Porre army could have been ANY invading force and it wouldn't have changed anything.
>>
File: chronoball.png (16KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
chronoball.png
16KB, 333x333px
>>386467724
Their deaths matters at Home. The survival of Another is why project Kid is even possible (but wouldn't be necessary, if the Trigger cast didn't just go LOL FUCK SCHALA).
>>
File: SpaceGhostCoffee.jpg (10KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
SpaceGhostCoffee.jpg
10KB, 320x240px
>>386463960
It was the single best game on the PlayStation 1, possibly the single best JRPG ever made.
>>
File: 1499736035252.gif (6KB, 446x361px) Image search: [Google]
1499736035252.gif
6KB, 446x361px
>>386467668
Crono and Marle are both alive. There are crayon drawings from after the war of both of them. So unless the got Joel Osment on decoration duty, they're fine. Also Lucca is on good terms with the Poore government. Also, Lucca's death is undone by the ending. Probably. Time Traveler's Immunity is weird.

Another important point is that the Fall of Guardia was introduced in PSX rerelease of Chrono Trigger. Cross actually went out of it's way to show that the cast survived.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>386468784
>light-hearted game like Chrono Trigger

What
>>
>>386467876
>shitting on Trigger and Kiseki for character development while praising Cross
That is some impressive contrarianism

>for some reason the games throws you tons and tons of inane text
I always hear people say this about Kiseki, have you actually played it? Most of the text in the game is optional. The actual main plot is only slightly wordier than average RPGs, the massive script comes from the detail put into NPCs you can choose not to talk to. But I don't think it's really relevant to compare Kiseki and Chrono, they're very different series.

Anyway, Cross's cast goes nowhere. More than half of the party members in the game are completely static and worthless, the rest of the party members have two or three scenes tops where they actually have anything interesting to say and the rest of the time the entirety of their "character" is just some sort of accent. The massive cast is great for the battle system but fucking awful for the story.
>>
>>386469087
>the Fall of Guardia was introduced in PSX rerelease of Chrono Trigger. Cross actually went out of it's way to show that the cast survived
You do realize the fall of guardia and the scene of Lucca finding the baby were added specifically to tie into Cross? They weren't added because they thought they would improve Trigger.

That scene takes place after the war, that doesn't mean the crayon drawings in the scene are post-war.
>>
>>386469128

And that was the start of the Great Timetravel Age
>>
>>386469270
It's not relevant at all to compare them. I only made an observation that random meaningless optional NPCs in Kiseki have more personality and development than your average team member in Cross, which I think is 100% true but it triggered the anon hard for some reason. I had no intention of turning this into a Kiseki vs Cross.
>>
>>386469582
>You do realize the fall of guardia and the scene of Lucca finding the baby were added specifically to tie into Cross? They weren't added because they thought they would improve Trigger.
Tose developed the port, there's zero indication that Kato was involved in it's development at all. It's problems are it's own.

>That scene takes place after the war, that doesn't mean the crayon drawings in the scene are post-war.
Lucca started the orphanage after finding Kidd. And besides, it's like 10 years after the war ended. What the hell kind of crayon drawing in a public space at an orphanage would manage to avoid not only any sign of age, but not get replaced by the huge influx of other shitty child drawings, for OVER A DECADE?

Regardless, what possible reason would you have to think they were dead anyway?
>>
File: justice was served.jpg (74KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
justice was served.jpg
74KB, 640x480px
>>386469087
ACTUALLY, the fall of Guardia is heavily implied in Radical Dreamers. Of course it still stands that the PS version of Trigger (which came out like two weeks BEFORE Cross) had the Guardia scene, but it's obviously a setup for Cross.

Also Crono's death:

>Kid looks down at her feet, continuing. "I was still little at the time, so I
can't remember much of it... But there was this friend of hers who she'd grown
up with, who died a while back. She said she wanted him to be able to rest with
the Frozen Flame...
>>
>>386468157

And the cause for all those specific gates for the time travel was the Entity, whatever that was in the original game.
The original game never explained what happened to Schala either, until rereleases or Cross.
>>
>>386467516
>III
>better then IV
Thanks for outing yourself as a shitter.
>>
>>386470093
>They totally decided to include a scene at the end of Trigger where Lucca finds a baby on the ground for seemingly no reason on their own with no input from the cross team whatsoever despite the fact they had made no other significant changes to the story throughout the entire game
Are you retarded?

>What the hell kind of crayon drawing in a public space at an orphanage would manage to avoid not only any sign of age, but not get replaced by the huge influx of other shitty child drawings, for OVER A DECADE?
Maybe because Lucca missed her friends and kept the drawings around as a memento, that's not exactly an unusual thing to do. And I don't recall them ever saying when specifically Lucca started the Orphanage.

>what possible reason would you have to think they were dead anyway?
Their kingdom was invaded, it shows bloody swords and the towns set on fire. It even shows their fucking castle being set ablaze, the implication is obvious.
>>
File: 1368172295406.png (41KB, 528x580px) Image search: [Google]
1368172295406.png
41KB, 528x580px
>>386470625
The only thing better in 4 is the graphics
>>
>>386464201
yeah It was totally different from CT.
they shouldn't have released it as a sequel
>>
>>386467665
Why is Schala blonde in Cross when everyone else from Trigger look the same?
>>
>>386468312
Source? What is this? Why is Piccolo holding a gun?
>>
>>386470975
Combat, story, cast, music, dugeons, and pacing.
>>
>>386467267
>tfw you realize you play Schala her own theme to release her
>>
File: Drawing.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Drawing.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>386470829
How about this as well then, up there, same as all the others, is one of Kid hanging with Lucca, drawn by Kid herself, meaning she was probably the one who drew all of them in the first place.
>>
>>386471697
All better in 3
>>
>>386463960
Yep

It had some good IDEAS in there like the plethora of characters and the branching story but it failed to really take advantage of them.

The combat was gimmicky in a bad way,the story frequently had little impact and when it did it pissed the audience off(See: Crono&Marle) the world didn't feel nearly as powerfully diverse as it thought it was and all the characters clearly overloaded the writers as many of them just have no impact.
>>
>>386472234
Does it actually say that they're drawn by Kid because I don't remember that at all. That image certainly doesn't prove it either since it's written in third person, one would presume if Kid drew it, the message would be "me and auntie lucca".
>>
>>386472906
You are trying really hard to rationalize reasons why they could be dead.
>>
Why does fusing with Schala turn Lavos into the Time devourer? Is there something special about Schala or could he just had fused with anyone?
>>
>>386473005
Answer the question.
>>
File: 1491913976614.jpg (1MB, 3376x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1491913976614.jpg
1MB, 3376x1000px
>>386472465
Sorry, I can't save taste this shit.
>>
>>386473080
You should probably put a question mark if you don't intend for it to rhetorical. Anyways, no, it doesn't state that it was drawn by Kid, but it uses the same terminology that Kid uses in reference to Lucca and kids draw pictures of themselves with their parents, not other kids.

But even then, it doesn't matter if it was Kid herself, all the picture look to be drawn by the same child, done recently, at a time point after Kid was a child and not an infant, showing Crono and Marle who therefore must be alive.
>>
>>386464163
I'd prefered a solid cast of 6 to 8 characters with their background better developed.

Serge
Kid
Guile/Magus
Lenna
Norris
Glenn
>>
>>386464163
>Music

The main battle music sucked and it's what you heard the most.
>>
>>386473592
Swich Leena with Karsh and I'll approve it.
>>
>>386473679
Oh boy, here we go again. What's people's beef with the battle theme?
>>
File: index.jpg (11KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
11KB, 195x258px
>>386463960
>tfw the devs considered making Magus being Guile canon in Chrono Cross
>motherfuckin mr Magus as Guile
>every playthrough I just skip recruiting Guile as I remember it isn't canon
>tfw no continuation of Magus story
>>
>>386473405
Honestly, I think it's more of a development oversight than anything, or possibly it was Lucca using time travel to get Crono and Marle since Ayla is shown as well but that just raises the question of why she wouldn't warn them about Porre. Regardless, the implication of the Fall of Guardia is very clear while all the stuff surrounding the orphanage is very muddled.

What possible reason could Porre have for letting Crono and Marle live?
Deposed royalty aren't exactly the sort of people you want hanging around, they tend to encourage rebellion. And if they're on the run, why are they screwing around in the place where everyone would look for them and why would Lucca keep drawings of them? There are issues with the idea of them being dead, but there are more problems with the idea of them being alive. And if they ARE alive, then the fall of guardia becomes an even more worthless addition to the story.
>>
>>386473592
Glenn honestly was not very interesting, he's just a fan favorite because he's a tribute to Frog. Also it's good to have one goofier character like Starkey or something in there, joke characters are fine as long as you don't have like 6 of them. Harle is a worthwhile party member too.
>>
It was alright. Way too many useless party members and the battle theme was borderline ear-rape, though.
>>
>>386474312
Didn't they retcon it again in Trigger DS to make it so Magus actually WAS Guile?
>>
>>386474714
The fight with golems in Undersea Palace.
>>
>>386464064
Except it WAS better than Trigger. Chrono Trigger is overrated garbage. Last time I attempted to play that trash I purposely escaped from every battle to avoid leveling up so the game would actually be challenging. Be honest, has anyone ever seen a game over screen in CT?
>>
>>386474779
If I remember correctly he was strangely somehow canon Guile in that text game spin-off
>>
>>386473842
I think it's just a little too frantic for most people. It sounds more like a boss fight than the song you hear every single random fight. I still think it's good though.
>>
>>386474957
It is a shame really when the game got near-perfect OST and then that battle theme appears
>>
I'd go gay with Norris
>>
>>386474321
You're saying that the only evidence we have of their actual fates must be a mistake, and that a theory based on no actual canonical evidence is the correct one. It doesn't make sense. I feel like you reach the assumption that they were dead, and you shifted the narrative to try and support your initial conclusion.

>What possible reason could Porre have for letting Crono and Marle live?
If they're royalty, then shit man, you don't kill royalty. That's a horrible idea in any sort of occupation, because royalty is always the best method of securing capitulation. It's not like the genocided the entire nation. What's more, the Fall of Guardia could very well be referring to Castle Guardia, as we know the Kingdom survived to help form Chronopolis in the future, and Porre is still scrambling for military might when they should be the largest military power in the world if Guardia was removed from the equation (though that could simply be an element of the video game map not showing everything).

And the reason the Fall of Guardia exists is obviously because it was meant to be a sequel hook for Chrono Break, because we know Dalton was behind it and they teased the fact before some non-disclosable problems made a Chrono sequel impossible, and they simply confirmed it in the DS release.
>>
>>386465219
Dont play cross.

Play either xenogears or grandia
>>
>>386475371
Xenogears has most of Cross's problems multiplied by a factor of ten.
>>
>>386475371
Grandia turns into pure garbage once the faggot Rapp joins
>>
File: 250px-Ctpsxmasamune2[1].png (71KB, 250x139px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Ctpsxmasamune2[1].png
71KB, 250x139px
>>386475080
>It's not like the genocided the entire nation
Wish I had a higher res version of this picture. Also, Porre's invasion wasn't a political thing, it was literally done out of spite. It's Dalton doing it, remember? His goal is specifically to kill Marle and Crono.

>fall of guardia was totally meant to be a tie in to a game that wasn't even in development at the time
>not the sequel that came out just weeks later
>putting the sequel hook for the third game in a series in a re-release of the first game and not the second game
Come on now.
>>
It's pretty average.

It has some great moments, but it suffers from being too long, and too fucking grindy. Not only this, but it's easy to get disoriented and just aimlessly wander and grind for hours while you attempt to work out where to go.

Just another JRPG in the endless sea of them.
>>
>>386465219
Play Suikoden (I'd recommend 1 first, but 2 is the better game in every way so if you only feel you're going to play one of them, then start with 2).

Suikoden is what Chrono Cross was trying to do with its cast of playable characters.
>>
>>386473049
Schala was special with magic powers, but Janus was more.
But everything was about time travel magic. Some shit happened with all those timetravels wih that pendant being special due to the Entity, since Lavos was absorbing life and growing overtime, Lavos got magical timetravel powers too. That's why the time swap(or whatever it was) in the final Lavos in the original game.

>>386474312
CC was too ambitious for its own with all those characters. Then some plot never got into the game, like that Magus/Guile thing.

>>386474824
You are special and never got the "but the future refused to change" screen either by facing Lavos too soon, first time facing Magus or one of those Golems fights.
>>
>>386476085
We know that they wanted to make Break, and we know that they decided Dalton was behind it despite leaving zero allusions to it in the games until an interview alluded to it, and was later confirmed long after the hope for Break was dead. I can't imagine any other purpose for such an element to exist other than to be dealt with at a later date.
>>
>>386464163
Forcing myself to use anyone other than Serge/Kid/Glenn felt dirty. Though Serge/Orlha/Glenn wasn't the worst
>>
>learning that Dalton, of all people, possible killed Crono and Marle before playing CC

I raged at that time. It was so stupid knowing that Crono and Marle would lose to that guy after facing the likes of Magus, a t-rex, a mother computer in the future, a damn sun and fucking Lavos.
Sure Dalton wasn't weak, but it was fucking Dalton.
>>
Reminder that when making Radical Dreamers Kato never intended to make it connect to Chrono Trigger, Square told him to make it connect to Chrono Trigger.
>>
>>386463960
Shouldn't have had anyhting to do with Trigger and then it would've been fine.
>>
>>386477053
[citation needed]
>>
>>386477053
And yet the entire final act of the game is so caught up in esoteric Chrono Trigger lore that its near incomprehensible if you haven't played Trigger recently.
>>
Reminder that Kato hates people who don't like Chrono Cross.
>>
No, it's actually very good. It just has bad pacing late game and Trigger fans enjoy shitting on it for petty reasons.
>>
>>386476219
>Chrono Cross
>Too grindy

When do you EVER need to grind in CC?
>>
It was a fantastic game, one of the best OSTS ever, an interesting battle system instead of the standard atb affair.
>>
>>386476219
>>386478853
You can't even do that since the game prevents you from leveling up when you reach a certain point(signified by a star, I think?)
>>
>>386478853
Evolving Pip, collecting some items/elements and the dust or whatever you get from summons.
>>
File: lel.png (217KB, 540x582px) Image search: [Google]
lel.png
217KB, 540x582px
This is a japanese dragon
>>
>>386481531
Looks like a japanese corpse to me.
>>
>>386463960

No. Ignore the ass blasted trigger fags that can't handle a sequel. Cross had god tier combat and music, it's only flaw was a bloated roster
>>
>>386463960
No.
>>
>>386463960
If I wanted to play a game with a ridiculous number of potential party members, I'd play a fucking Suikoden game.
>>
File: ɹǝʇsǝɾ ǝpnɹ.jpg (68KB, 381x353px) Image search: [Google]
ɹǝʇsǝɾ ǝpnɹ.jpg
68KB, 381x353px
>>386481818
fuck you
>>
File: harle.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
harle.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
post more HARLE

cross is better than trigger btw
>>
>>386482174
She died to good boss music at least. Dragon God is a sick track.
>>
File: DBphBSvUwAUl-cP.jpg (69KB, 700x840px) Image search: [Google]
DBphBSvUwAUl-cP.jpg
69KB, 700x840px
>>386482193
>post more HARLE
ok, fine
>>
File: 1500424301448.jpg (131KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1500424301448.jpg
131KB, 1000x1500px
>>386482667
CUTE. CC is bae
>>
>>386482924
what the fuck is this /b/-tier post
>>
It was pretty good, I liked the atmosphere and art style particularly.
>>
File: 1556765434567.jpg (189KB, 550x671px) Image search: [Google]
1556765434567.jpg
189KB, 550x671px
>>386482193
>>386482667
>cross is better than trigger btw
Really?
>>
File: dead sea.png (239KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
dead sea.png
239KB, 640x480px
>>386483015
what the fuck is wrong with my post? fuck off

>>386483429
yes, i loved chrono cross

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOSrK7plwg0&t=0s
>>
>>386483429
>this guy again
>>
>>386473679
Now this is some shit taste. Someone can't handle time signature changes.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sl8_h_4Ahvs
>>
>>386465219
Play Legend of Dragoon and Legend of Legaia.
>>
>>386474656
Glenn was easily the strongest character next to Serge though if you got his second sword.
>>
>>386482667
>>386482193
>tfw no good porn of her
Feels bad man

People have shit taste
>>
>chronic trigger gameplay is generic jrpg fair even when it was released
>lauded as one of the best games of all time
Just accept that people like walking simulator /v/. Gameplay never matters it seems.
>>
>>386465219
Valkyrie Profile.
Vagrant Story
SaGa Frontier 1 or 2
Breath of Fire 3 or 4
Xenogears
Or Chrono Cross would be a great choice.

Those would be my suggestions
>>
>>386483629
Why do you think it's superior to chrono trigger?
You haven't ever been on /b/, have you?
>>386484169
I won't stop until you like it.
>>
>>386470975
Not him but I prefer the battle system in 4.
>>
I CANT STOP FAPPING TO HARLE
>>
literally better than CT

chrono nigger fanboys are the worst
>>
File: sleepy jester (animooted).gif (124KB, 766x589px) Image search: [Google]
sleepy jester (animooted).gif
124KB, 766x589px
>>386485435
Bad anon

Don't lewd the jester waifu
>>
>>386485065
As a combat character, sure he's great. As a story character he's got more going on than most characters but he's still pretty much completely static.
>>
>>386463960
>50 one-dimensional characters
>shitty plot
>one of the worst endings ever
>Xenogears-like gameplay but somehow even worse
>the game doesn't work as a sequel at all
Yes, it was. Visuals and music are the only good parts of the game.
>>
>>386485867
>Visuals and music are the only good parts of the game.
and the fap material
>>
>>386485285
>phone posters
>>
>>386468946
>that image

Read it in his voice. Fucking kek.
>>
>>386463960
I love this game. Always have. Soundtrack is amazing. Love the art style, the combat system. It wasn't what was expected from a CT sequel, but then again, CT didn't NEED a proper sequel. CT is perfect by itself. Looking back, I'm actually happy that this game was as weird of a sequel as it was.
>>
>>386486636
>CT is perfect by itself.

>all those loose ends and unanswered questions that even the head writer admits exist
>>
>>386463960
>Was it really that bad?

it was too far up its own ass in terms of writing and a shitty Chrono Trigger sequel
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.