[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zero punctuation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: zero punctuation logo.png (78KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
zero punctuation logo.png
78KB, 350x196px
So what does /v/ think about it?
Is Yahtzee /ourguy/?
>>
/v/ dropped Yahtzee after his first negative Nintendo review years ago.
>>
Yahtzee is a faggot.

He's entertaining enough. Or at least he was. Feels like he's gotten a bit stale.

People who treat him like a reviewer are hilarious though.
>>
>>386457330
I used to watch him in high school and I tried to emulate his cynicism and way of speaking and I ended up alienating myself really badly.
>>
>>386457330
Tryhard twat that thinks liking Dark Souls makes him hardcore and try to use that mentions it every time the game is even remotely challenging as if it is some universal deflect.

Never read his books, so don't know if they are good at all.

I do watch the guy's weekly vids and maybe get a chuckle out of it. But the best thing about him was in Let's Drown Out with Gabe.
His streams with his gf isn't that interesting nor are the streams with his co-workers.

It's surprising that the Escapist is still up at all and that he is the only content creator on the site.
Even the webcomic guys jumped ship.
>>
>>386457330
this is an e-celeb thread. I hope someone reports and sages it
>>
>>386458106
that's autism for you

protip: his way of speaking is purely for entertainment
>>
>>386458132
>try to use that
as some kind of shield because he~
>>
British gaming celebs are all cynical contrarian cunts. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>386457330
The best thing he ever did was let's drown out and he killed that to go chase pussy in America
>>
His taste is all over the place. He likes No More Heroes, but he thinks Painkiller is the end all be all of shooters.
>>
>/v/ used to talk about Zero Punctuation regularly
>/v/ seems to have forgotten all about him now
What happened?
>>
Haven't seen a video of his in a year or two. He's ok. Can't believe he's still doing his shtick.

>>386458375
Painkiller is godlike, you pleb
>>
>>386458184
>his way of speaking is purely for entertainment
He actually speaks like that in real life

t. knew him back in the day
>>
>>386457330

>Bitches about games he doesn't even get half way through

Anyone who took him at face value after his abomination of a MH3U review is retarded.
>>
>Undertale was his #1 game of 2015
>>
Don't really watch him anymore except on rare occasions. Seems like his cynicism is just a gimmick and he has to go out of his way to trash things just so he can live up to his character.
>>
>>386459020
He's done the same shtick for what almost a decade now. Creative, weird metaphors will only be funny for so long.
>>
>>386458106
actually laughed
>>
>>386460012
And he was right
>>
>couldnt even kill Great Jaggi
he's a joke
>>
>>386457584
Exactly, people don't understand that criticism and review aren't necessarily the same thing. He's not really doing it for the consumer. He's just putting his opinion out there because he cares about games.

Also his point-and-click adventures are pretty great.
>>
>>386457330
this thread is going to get deleted
>>
>>386457330
>i play games for the story

fuck no
>>
>>386457584
I hate how half the reviews these days mention dark souls like it's some masterpiece and its own genre that everything has to live up to.
>IS HOLLOW KNIGHT A GOOD DARK SOULS!?
>>
>>386457330
>Is Yahtzee /ourguy/?
He's his gal's guy now.
>>
At least he can be genuinely funny, which is more than can be said about most e-celebs
>>
By far the best vidya critic on YouTube or anywhere really.
>>
>>386458375
Both those games are great
>>
>>386457330
Of course not, he's a sonybro who doesn't believe the N64 was the king of 5th gen
>>
>>386460012
This is where I lost my last shred of interest in watching his garbage. He shits on everything, but blindly followed the melodramatic pixel meme train.
>>
>>386457330
no, but I still can understand and even agree with some of his arguments
>>
File: 1489996396766.png (277KB, 728x522px) Image search: [Google]
1489996396766.png
277KB, 728x522px
I got tired of the same shit over and over after a few episodes, he's the smooth mcgroove of video game reviews

>look guys I did it again
>>
>>386457330
>he will never be with gabe again
>>
>>386463825
Having common sense makes one a "Sonybro"?
>>
>>386462460
Yeah, there has never been a funny/comedian (whatever you want to call him) who retains their humour once they start settling down and get older. Maybe George Carlin was an exception since he just got more bitter and acidic as he got older, but still.
>>
>>386457330
couldnt get past great jaggi on 3U
>>
>>386464919
>that fade to black on the last drown out

it was a small thing but jesus that was pretty fucking sad

Gabe is still fun to listen to, Aaron's just a typical small-time streamer though and doesn't have any of gabe's charisma
>>
>>386464913
>smooth mcgroove
Never understood this guy. He did the same thing as nearly a dozen other people had already done for at least a decade, but somehow he got all the views. He's not even exceptional in any way.
>>
Yahtzee stopped caring years ago, it's just a job now.
He can be smart at times but he is very emotionally immature. Though it seems yahtzee is the only thing keeping the escapist alive.
>move to Australia for a girl
>break up
>stuck in Australia
>gets successful while in Australia
>let's down out with gabe is great
>gets a GF in the US
>abandons gabe and moves to the U.S.
>"in doing to it be close to the escapist"
>moved to CA with his gf
>escapist is on east coast
>no one cares about his streams with his gf
>>
>>386457584
I do treat him as a reviewer, but only because he tells me what is bad with the game. I've been playing for ages now, I was playing before 3D was even a thing, most games to me are now good, I just need to know what they fuck and how they fuck it up and he does that for me beautifully

He does it as satire obviously, but at the end of the day that information is more important to me that a bunch of IGNfags telling me the game is good while taking money under the table, Shitakufags giving me a bait headline just to see triggered anons, and Polygon telling me the game isn't good cause Muh Minorities aren't catered to and it's sexist.
>>
File: 0369-applause-zelda-link.jpg (131KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
0369-applause-zelda-link.jpg
131KB, 900x1200px
>>386457330
can anybody post that parody image of zero punchuation.
>>
File: 1427187890857.jpg (41KB, 550x512px) Image search: [Google]
1427187890857.jpg
41KB, 550x512px
>mum and dad broke up just so dad could go to burgerland and fuck a younger girl
I miss drown out, wonder what gabe is doing.
>>
>>386457330
Entertaining but has shitty opinions. I've watched him since 07 when he reviewed tf2
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehejBZ7pWHM
>>
>>386464597
>so buttblasted over a differing opinion you stopped watching
at least his fanbase is better for it.
>>
>>386469079
he's doing this:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4XWGSe8Yc_iZr6TIDt7Eiw
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
His show is old and stale but his autistic tirades with gabe in his drown out series was god-tier comfy. I miss those two faggots rambling on about nothing.
>>
>>386469724
Welp, seems like he's doing fine.
>>
>>386459501
>Painkiller is godlike, you pleb
>>
He hates basically everything. He is /v/ personified.
>>
Yahtzee? More like NAHTZEE!
>>
>>386461970
>That Demon's Souls review where he complains about the difficulty
>Likes Souls now because it's actually popular
>>
File: no.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>386468139
>left Gabe for a new gf
>>
I completely forgot about him. He still does Zero Punctuation?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.