[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>excuse me for making overwatch thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: 946358.jpg (22KB, 510x288px) Image search: [Google]
946358.jpg
22KB, 510x288px
>excuse me for making overwatch thread
>>
What tweaks can be done to Winston to reduce the effectiveness of dive comp but still keep him a viable hero?
>>
>>386454610
Buff non dive comp characters like they're doing. Winston himself isn't an unhealthy character, he just exists in a climate where he's really strong. Much like how Tracer received no buffs yet moved from being a niche pick to a top tier one.
>>
>>386454757
I want to see Reaper be a bit stronger, his buff was nice but not enough imo. McCree is also supposed to be anti-dive but can't react to it at all if the divers don't suck, he needs some buff to his kit (other than ult) although his design is the kind that either is mediocre or cancer strong so it's tricky
>>
>>386454610
Literally revert his buffs, shield CD starts when his first shield breaks, and headhitbox large.
Same for dva, slower movement while shooting, and 200HP + 300ARMOR
OW was literally in its best state at release.
I sometimes think that the current team working on balancing had nothing to do with the development, and it was outsourced somewhere.
>>
>>386454397
>excuse me for
>being an overpowered piece of shit in the worst meta overwatch has ever seen that has gone on for nearly 8 months now
>>
>kill dive comp
Nerf D.VA
Total cancer tier hero, half her damage so she doesn't hurt you like fuck while being tanky as fuck with insane mobility
Or give longer cooldown to her shield, that shit makes her annoying and antifun
>>
>>386455060
yeah his buffs felt dumb because it was roadhog and roadhog alone that kept winston weak, so now we have roadhog useless AND winston buffed slightly.

his shield buff seems so insignificant on paper but the result is you are constantly fighting a huge dome barrier instead of your actual enemies and there's nothing you can do
>>
only fags liek overwatch
>>
>>386454397
Why do you make this thread every day, and make the same grammatical error EVERY time?

making overwatch thread is incorrect.
Making an Overwatch thread is correct.

If you're going to be a shit sucking casual viral marketeer, at least take effort in your work.
>>
>>386455116
>pick Reaper or Soldier 76
>Winston no more
You are just bad
>>
>>386455403
Not him, but in what fucking way does Soldier 76 do ANYTHING to Winston?
>>
>>386455403
>pick reaper 76
Enemy team picks hanzo/genji, you die as soon as you spawn
>>
>>386455403
they can't do anything when dva jumps with him and defense matrix all of his incoming fire.

I don't play a lot of comp but when I do I have played Dva some and half the time I'm just making sure the Winston is unkillable while he fries the enemy team. It's so fucking broken and there's little you can do against it. And I'm in diamond tier so my enemy team also follows the dva/winston meta but they're too dumb to realize what dva's role so I win regardless.
>>
>>386454397
Why do people still play this game?

>all overwatch threads are people bitching about the meta and balance issues with the characters
>when playing competitive you can't use over half the roster because they are useless
>competitive is too competitive to have fun
>quick play is garbage because people constantly leave making every game a boring one-sided fight
>impossible to have fun while losing
>>
>>386455214
This is perfect solution
>>
>>386455575
he's an idiot but soldier is one of the stronger winston counter if you can aim. land a few headshots while he dives in, plant biotic field so you can survive his tesla gun for a couple of extra seconds while you fire away at his head and hope for the best.

it's not optimal but it's your best bet, reaper can be good too but he is beaten by everybody else
>>
>>386455272
The same thing I stated applies to Roadhog also,
He was never OP, until they tried to fix his hooking behind corners.
You see at release, his hook wasn't always a oneshot kill, some heroes would survive, like ana, mei, even mercy, unless you perfectly aim at center of mass and melee.
But after they "fixed" it they gave him the ability to place people right in front for a perfect oneshot. This also gave him the ability to throw tanks of a cliff just by turning.
>>
>>386455604
Zarya and doom fist counter this heavily now. You're probably playing in platinum
>>
the answer to countering the monkey is to play mccree and have luck with good healers that play mercy and ana

he's more useful than the edgy masketta man

>>386455641
the game is not fun and there is no content
I only play comp so I can reach master every season
and every season I get to 3490 and then lose 10 games in a row because of teammates throwing which is honestly very annoying as you have to play a lot to fucking games to get to masters again
>>
No I won't excuse you, fuck off to your containment thread >>>/vg/
>>
>>386455403
>solder 76
oh, great, so you can stand our of range of winston and chip away the shield (every character can do this) or get in winston's face and headshot him (every character can do this)
why would you ever pick solder 76 to do these jobs?
>>
>>386455716
>>386455403

*zenyatta discords you*

have fun in gold rank babies
>>
>>386455850
I haven't played since doomfists release so I wouldn't know about his viability against dva+winston, but zarya never posed any threat to it unless your teammates were retards that never focused zarya down

>>386455962
>winston is useless over gold
okay
>>
>>386455850
>tfw you were a zarya main and now a bunch of shit heads pick your champ because youtubers told them it was meta
>they constantly waste their shields for stupid damage and die two seconds later.
Life is suffering
>>
>>386455589
>enemy team picks Hanzo
I gurantee you, you are not in a skill level where there are Hanzos good enough to be worried about.

>>386455575
Winston can't do shit to soldier while biotic field is up, and if Dva and winston both dive you,, that just means the other team is allocating both of their tanks for one DPS, leaving their team briefly weak
>>
>>386454397
they can just fix winston's barrier by splitting it into segments, and giving each segment a fraction of the barrier's total health
that way, it still protects against 360 flanking, and it prevents winston from relying on the barrier in a 1v1.
>>
>>386456250
I have 3700sr, I'm sure there are decent hanzo here
>>
>>386455403
>pick reaper or soldier 76
>have to shoot him through a bubble that has more HP than he does
>oh except you cant because D.vA matrix

Have you played the fucking game?
>>
>>386454397
Really sad how such a shallow and mind numbingly boring hero is a mandatory pick in this meta. Not that I ever pick him anymore, I exclusively Solo Queue and I don't trust randos to DPS properly. Ultimately tank and healer only exist to help the DPS kill the enemy team as there is no other way to complete the objective.
>>
Why do people constantly whine and cry so much about Winston's barrier and Zarya's bubbles? One is only 600 health that pops like a bubble and the other is only 200 health that pops in less than a second and has a ten-seond cooldown and she only has 400 health so why is it so hard for you morons to just kill the bitch?
>>
>>386456663
>complain about winston
>say to pick a hero that does well against him
>"nuh-uh! now THERE ARE MULTIPLE heroes helping him!"
>complain about a barrier, one that has relatively low HP that disappears quickly if more than 1 hero shoots at it
really makes you think
>>
>>386454946
If they buffed the range of that flashbang, he'd be perfect.
>>
>>386456868
hello silver rank
>>
>>386457075
>shoot barriers and bubbles until they break
>shoot Winston and Zarya until they die

Russian lesbian can't fry people when she's splayed out on the ground.
>>
>>386457343
I don't know why so many people on /v/ including you discuss hero balance as if every encounter is a 1v1. While you're busy shooting down a barrier your enemy is busy shooting you down.
>>
>>386454610
Bring Hog back.
>>
>>386455214
this. She has absolutely no downside to popping her shield. It has a huge radius, devours everything even ults, little cooldown, and even if she gets hooked by roadhog she can just fly out of the situation.
>>
>>386457462
Focus the biggest threat, which is Zarya whenever she's around. Then kill the healers. The biggest problem in this game is that people refuse to focus down particular threats.
>>
File: 1mnIBzmXX1z.jpg (278KB, 2000x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1mnIBzmXX1z.jpg
278KB, 2000x1400px
>>386456885
>Defend Winston
>Lmao just shoot him with reaper and soldier XDD
Genius strategy. That's why reaper and soldier are picked all the time. They counter dive riiight?
Fuck off back to bronze where you belong and keep your goddamn mouth shut about shit you don't fucking understand.
>>
>>386454397
Buff the other tanks. Right now Winston and dva are the only to viable tanks. Zarya and Rien are situational and hog and orissa are pretty much throws.
>>
File: file.png (122KB, 413x214px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
122KB, 413x214px
>>386458281
>dude the pros lmao
I'm probably higher ranked than your faggot-ass.
Winston is balanced, it's just the team comp that surround him that makes him strong.
>>
>>386459149
>Masters trash
>Thinks he knows shit about the game
Hahahahahahaha!
>>
So, thoughts on Doomfist so far? I've been in a few matches where he tears through the other team (or my team), but plenty of others where he's just dead weight. It's very satisfying when you land a Rocket Punch though.
>>
>>386459862
He's three-star for a reason, and overall he's simply outclassed and countered by every single other character. He's a melee character in an FPS and unlike Reinhardt he doesn't have a barrier and a ton of health and armor to rely on for protection. His mobility relies on two 8-second cooldown moves, he can only kill with his punch, and he's a huge target. The only way you can do anything well with his is by hoping there's a big chaotic free-for-all and people ignore the big black man.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.