[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA is dead, farewell!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: gta v story mode dlc.png (66KB, 1656x706px) Image search: [Google]
gta v story mode dlc.png
66KB, 1656x706px
>CEO Strauss Zelnick said during the call to investors this evening, GTA Online continued to outperform expectations, and four years after release, the game had the “best quarter ever,” during Q1 and the company expects the game to continue raking it in for the foreseeable future. Last we heard, it has sold over 80 million units after all, so yes, it’s still selling gangbusters.

>Zelnick told investors during the call Take-Two had expected GTA Online monetization to level out over time. Instead, the company expects the title to have a record year.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/02/gta-online-had-its-best-quarter-ever-since-releasing-four-years-ago-and-is-expected-to-have-a-record-year/

>"Obviously we know what Rockstar tends to do. And Rockstar's activities have been transformed by Grand Theft Auto Online."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-07-21-take-two-ideally-we-will-have-at-least-one-triple-a-title-every-year

>GTA Online's $500M In Microtransactions Could Mean A Very Different 'GTA 6'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/14/gta-onlines-500m-in-microtransactions-could-mean-a-very-different-gta-6/#1940d81a3c6d
>>
Of course it's dead. They couldn't make another GTA even if they tried to, now that Leslie Benzies is out.
>>
>>386451723
NOOO
>>
>>386451723
>a learning experience
yeah that explains a lot. like how you people couldn't get it running properly until a year after it was released. i don't understand how a game with such severe disconnection issues became that popular.
>>
>>386451723
you're an idiot if you had any hope left at this point
>>
Don't be sad it's over, be glad it happened in the first place.
Every game before GTAV was fantastic.
>>
Gaming will be dead in 10 years. Mark my words.
>>
GTA stories have always been lame, people play them for the sandbox
GTA online sandbox is better than a SP sandbox could ever be
>>
>>386455409
typical /v/ user. Judges a popular game that has been succesful for years on its launch week. So many games that are popular for year have bad launches. Some launches are bad for a year. Go ask tripwire how they do it as well.
>>
>>386451723
No shit, it's WoW all over again. Studio makes a smash hit that outperforms their wildest projections which subsequently means they will milk the cow until it is dry, killing the franchise that birthed it in the process.
>>
Nothing good will come out of GTA since Benzies' gone.
I predict GTA 6 will be online only with probably content locked behind paywall.
>>
>>386457245
Oh I'll mark your words. I'll just mark you down as "retard".
>>
File: Being this stupid.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
Being this stupid.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>386451723
>Spelling Rockstar as R*
>Literally calling the company Rasterisk
>>
>>386457410
>GTA online sandbox is better than a SP sandbox could ever be
>No cheats
>No mods
>No private servers
>No animals
>Getting anything fun to play with takes 100s of hours of grinding
>Cheaters and hackers everywhere
>Filled with annoying kids
>Micro-transactions out the ass

GTA Online is awful. It's not a good sandbox experience, it's not even an OK sandbox experience. Let alone anywhere near as good as the SP sandbox.
>>
yeah, the writing is on the wall for this one.

Rockstar is going full MMO for the next release.
>>
>>386453316
This
Chances are RDR2 will be a mess too.
>>
>>386458353

>Wants cheats
>Complains about cheaters
>>
>>386458590
What the fuck are you talking about?

We're talking about cheats where you can spawn in fucking jetpacks and make your cars fly, cheat codes you dumb fucking nigger
>>
File: index.jpg (9KB, 188x268px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 188x268px
>>386451723
NOOOOOOOO ROCKSTAR COME BACK
>>
>>386457612
BF3 and BF4 became good games AFTER release
>>
>>386455409
Because Pedro and Tyrone and Muhammed and John who play on their Playstation 4 don't care or understand "server issues". They don't know what a "loading time" is. They don't mind it takes literally 10 minutes to load into GTA:O.
If you don't understand somethings success, it's pretty safe to attribute it to ignorance. Eg. COD games.
>>
JUST
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.