[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you design a Soulsbourne for sea monsters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1423983346446.jpg (228KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
1423983346446.jpg
228KB, 1280x853px
How would you design a Soulsbourne for sea monsters?
>>
File: 1502117857244.jpg (77KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1502117857244.jpg
77KB, 1000x1000px
>>386451631

Prologue with the MC and his little sister playing in pond. Sister gets dragged under by pic related. Drowns. Days later goes back for revenge killing pic related. Mechanics like Shadow of the Collosus allows boy to get dragged under, stab, and go up for air when needed.

Boy kills first monster. Becomes fascinated with such beasts, figuring they can only get bigger in bigger waters. First real mission is a lake. Quite bigger monster, quite deeper depth. Water is murkier so harder to see it coming. Kill it with onlookers cheering. Become friends with one who happens to have a boat.

He takes you to a nearby fisherman's wharf, where you hear tales of a monster. Kill it. Gain fame. More dire missions start picking up with the fame.

Would you play?
>>
>>386451631
>tfw you will never please a giant mermaid by crawling through her vagina
>>
>>386452975
>tfw you'll never get naked and just jerk off inside taking days to cover vaginal walls in cum one inch at a time
>>
>>386453152
>tfw you'll never get her pregnant and have to run out the pussy cave to some climatic music when she is giving birth or else get squashed by the giant baby head coming full steam ahead at you
>>
>>386453313
>tfw you'll never scale her body like mount everest just to get to her lactacting giganto titties and get a taste of what the baby is having
>>
>>386452206
Cool concept
Our hero then finds himself struggling with his new found fame, how he abandoned his family and lost his sister. He becomes jaded, allowing people to die at the hands of the beasts, projecting his own feelings about his mistakes on humanity as a whole. He learns to command these beasts into doing the dirty work or ridding the world of human filth, with him as their god.
>>
>>386453440
>tfw you'll never stick your cock in her humungous nipples with each stroke a mixture of your spunk and her milk leaking down her breasts
>>
>>386453552
>tfw you'll never have her stand over you squeezing breastmilk out so every morning your naked body can shower in giant mermaid breastmilk while opening your mouth to also get your daily recommended vitamin D amount
>>
File: IMG_0154.jpg (120KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0154.jpg
120KB, 1000x750px
>all these autists making up a shitty story based on their fetishes
You know why i fucking love Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3? Because they don't have a story they got a intro and that looks cool and some cutscenes here and there.

Thats fucking it. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAMEPLAY YOU SUBHUMAN THIRD WOLD FAGS
>>
>>386452206
>Would you play?
Yes. I love both Shadow of the Colossus and the Soulsborne series and I think underwater monsters are such an overlooked concept, especially since many real life deep sea fish are already borderline monsters. We really need a good monster hunter / hack and slash game where you hunt all kinds of terrifying deep sea creatures.
>>
>>386454001

We had Monster Hunter underwater and it was terrible.
>>
I WANNA FUCK A MERMAID
>>
>>386454152
you disgust me
>>
>>386451631
>underwater combat
nah
>>
>>386451631
I just came up with a really good idea but I'm not going to share it because I might be able to make it myself and rake in big bux.

Thanks for the inspiration OP.
>>
>>386455831
you're never going to make it though huh?
>>
>>386451631
>a Soulsbourne
A what now?
>>
>>386455912
a stupid made up genre name like metroidvania
Do people call platformers mario-likes? NO, so what the FUCK is wrong with this community?
>>
>>386456012
If this series actually created the genre then I wouldn't care so much but it existed long before Demon's Souls.
>>
>>386456012
Many genres began like this. FPS games all used to be called "Doom clones" before the term FPS was widely adopted. Calling Soulsbourne games "action adventure games" or "ARPGs" is too vague, just like calling Metroidvania games "2D platformers" isn't descriptive enough either. "Collectathon" is another example of a sort of made-up subgenre for games that are not adequately described with the term "3D platformer".

I think we can come up with a better name than Soulsbourne though, as the Souls series and Bloodbourne were both produced by the same devs at the same time following the same philosophy as Demon's Souls and don't differ very much at all fundamentally. It would be better to call them Soulslikes or something.
>>
>>386451631
As strange as it sounds, I think I'd make it first person. underwater combat that involves both above and below water always struggles with 3rd person cams
>>
>>386456012
>a stupid made up genre name like metroidvania
Soulsborne literally just means Souls series + Bloodborne because people wanted to lump those together. Why are you sperging so much about it? Souls-like on the other hand is a good way to describe games that are, you know, similar to Dark Souls, hence the name. Someone could for example ask for Souls-like games on /v/ and another anon would tell the guy to play Nioh. Don't you think that's handy? Asking just for action RPG recs probably wouldn't get the same result.

>Do people call platformers mario-likes?
No, because Mario games are just basic platforming games. Metroidvania on the other hand refers to a very specific style of gameplay (non-linear 2D platforming / action games with a strong emphasis on backtracking and unlocking new areas with updates that you find by exploring the map). If someone created a platforming game where your characters shouts "WAHOO PING PING" while collecting coins and mushrooms then that would probably a Mario-like, yes.
>>
I wanna fuck that fish
>>
I am GOING to fuck that fish.
>>
I already fucked that fish, it wasn't that good
>>
I am that fish
>>
>>386451631
How would it work? Being in water limits your potential mobility a lot and I can't imagine a game like that being fun to play.
>>
>>386459625

Is there ANY third person game with good swimming combat?

Maybe the battles could take place on the sea/lake floor?
>>
>>386451631
>Video game
>Water
>Water boss
You're a pretty funny guy op
>>
File: 85326023[1].jpg (223KB, 900x452px) Image search: [Google]
85326023[1].jpg
223KB, 900x452px
>>386456109
>>386456520
i mean why not stick to basics? why does something new need to be labeled as a derivative of another unrelated game?
i'm pretty sure terms like "soulslike", "soulsborne", or "ADJ. souls" are already set in stone and will be how publishers/developers try to market their games anyways

>>386457115
>Why are you sperging so much about it?
ehh don't blow things out of proportion
>>
>>386451631
Shadow of the Colossus but in a boat sounds bretty gud.
>>
>>386459625
The only interesting way to do the water combat would be like Shadow of The Colossus or Monster Hunter but shit would get old really fast unless presented and done well
>>
>>386451631
Remove the sea entirely. Have it take place in a barren, post ocean world where the whole thing is like deserts and hidden places beneath the world where people could never reach because of water. Have all the creatures be prior ocean dwellers that have barely adapted themselves to land.
>>
>>386461202

Mad Max had areas like this. Really neat
>>
File: every deep sea monster art ever.jpg (53KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
every deep sea monster art ever.jpg
53KB, 1000x800px
>>
>>386463301

How the fuck do you even kill that?
>>
>>386464056
>[Charisma 100] Kill urself my man
>>
File: felyneshrug.jpg (38KB, 416x385px) Image search: [Google]
felyneshrug.jpg
38KB, 416x385px
>>386451631
1) Make it not Soulsborne
2) Make it good instead
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.