[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of this game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

What does /v/ think of this game?
>>
>>386447868
It's the best WH40k vidya adaptation. Too bad sequel never.
>>
>>386447868
It was a solid title faithful to the IP. Loved the executions.
>>
>>386447868
Kinda like the Cybertron games, functional enough to be playable by anyone but with enough attention to detail to make fans jizz their pants.
>>
It was alright
>>
Mindless fun with a terrible last mission.
>>
>>386447868
>them changing how the orks talk close to release

Fucking retarded.

Also Ultramarines are fucking boring.
>>
Great fun.
Shame the multiplayer died.
>>
I liked it but it was so easy and mind numbing that while playing it I just got super depressed thinking about the direction my life was going and existential shit.
>>
>>386447868
>check steam
>notice a gorrilion dlc
oh its another case of "every WH game after DoW"

It looks fun but its showing that they are trying to milk the franchise like the board game and this is putting me off
>>
It's great when you're fighting the orks
It's merely okay when you're fighting chaos

The game truly shines when it's a hack and slash game. Switching it into a tps midway through the game was a mistake.
>>
>>386447868
It's fun and great for fans of setting. I got it for £5 and it was worth more than that to me.
>>
>>386447868
Single player was enjoyable enough, multiplayer was surprisingly quality, I wish I could play it again.
>>
>>386447868
It was a clone of Gears of War 1, but worse
>>
>>386451212
It didn't play like Gears, but it was arguably worse imo. I still dug it and played it till the end.
>>
>>386451312
>It didn't play like Gears
It did apart from no cover mechanics. Everything else was the same
>>
>>386451494
The melee system was completely different, and I don't remember any grenades in Space Marine, so what exactly is similar.
>>
>>386451494
>It did apart from no cover mechanics

So, not even remotely similar, then.
>>
>>386447868
Not Heretical/10
>>
>>386451612
>Get melee kills to recover health
Yeah it was, and there were grenades too
>>
>>386451212
Oof this is stale. I remember when people saw the Chainswords and power armored marines and started frothing at the mouth.
>>
>>386451494
You understand that cover is a key aspect of GoW?
>>
>>386451754
Gears has health regen, and no melee weapons, are you full on autstic?
>>
>>386451864
Yes I do, but everything other than the cover mechanic, Space Marine did too.
>>
>>386452018
When the Gears logo slow fills on screen, you can get melee kills with chainsaw gun and it takes away a chunk of the logo
>>
>>386447868

The customisation in multiplayer was glorious, I remember customizing my armor to look like the flag of my country.
It was fun for the 2 weeks it lasted
>>
>>386452121
I think you mean your health slowly comes back when the chainsawing animation is playing out, it's not the act of chainsawing that heals you.

Also Gears doesn't have dedicated melee weapons, so you're stretching exceedingly hard to prove nothing.
>>
>>386447868
meme
>>
>>386451494
>one of the promos was actually "COVER IS FOR THE WEAK"
and
LEANDROS DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>386447868
I want a sequel where you play as the Bloody Magpies on a glorious crusade to nick all the loot.
>>
>>386447868
Mighty fun
>>
Singleplayer was alright, kinda meh, online though was GOAT, too bad it's almost impossible to find a game without DLCs
>>
>>386447868
okay, but not brilliant.
Much better than the crap they presented in the alpha.
>bolters are only used to force enemies to take cover, so you can viscerally tear them to visceral viscera.
> faithful to the IP
No it was not, it was full of bullshit that was worthy of dan abnett level incorrectness.
What a surprise that he was acting as adviser.
>>
>>386455580
He breached the protocol established by the same Codex he wouldn't shut the fuck up about. Leandros completely sidestepped the Chaplain and went straight to the Inquisition without anything even resembling cause. It's obvious the Inquisitor thinks Leandros is full of shit but you better believe that even if Titus turned out to be a dyed-in-the-wool heretic that there would be consequences.
>>
>>386456256
>40k
>correctness

Dan Abnett is merely one of a hundred authors to take part in the grand tradition of muddying up 40k canon.

It's actually a selling point of the franchise now, canon is entirely pick-a-mix of your favourite bits.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.