[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /v/ know japanese? What japanese only games do you play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 1430280123155.png (86KB, 756x574px) Image search: [Google]
1430280123155.png
86KB, 756x574px
Does /v/ know japanese?
What japanese only games do you play?
>>
The shitposting game
>>
What the fuck is Japan's problem?

Why don't they adopt a modern alphabet?
>>
Worthless lanuage to be completely honest
>>
>>386442690(You)
>>
>>386442690
he said, bumming off latin for 2000 years.
>>
>>386442587
I don't but I played a few untranslated games
>>
>>386442587.
>>
You can't learn Japanese unless you go to Japan at least for a couple months.
You're gonna be speaking like a robot, not like a human.
>>
Only the kana, I'm afraid.
>>
>>386442808
>implying you need to produce to read
>>
>Duolingo still doesn't have japanese course on the web
I'm not gonna buy a fucking phone you goddamn kikes.
>>
>>386442931
Meant for >>386442887
>>
File: How to learn japanese.png (1022KB, 756x4400px) Image search: [Google]
How to learn japanese.png
1022KB, 756x4400px
Do people seriously not know japanese?
>>
>>386442587
I know Japanese but everything comes out in English eventually anyway these days, even eroge, so the only real advantage with games is not having to wait for localizations. I'm not really playing anything lately besides botw but I'll be getting MHXX for switch later this month as well as Sen no Kiseki III next month.
>>
>>386442949
Duolingo is garbage for Japanese
>>
>>386442587
Only the basic shit like NANI?! MASAKA! HONTO KA?! URUSENAI!! AH KIMERU ZE! MONDUKUSAI! SHITTO WO TABERU YO!
>>
>>386442963
>tfw started kanji before grammar
>>
>>386442587
Currently playing through DQ11, pretty fun.
Just what you'd expect from it, whichi is good.

Gotta say that having voiceless textboxes display during cutscenes is still a bit jarring, though.
>>
I'm on day 76 now thanks to this kind of thread

Towards the end of learning "top 625 Kanji" and started 2k/6K recently.

Unfortunately my commuting is going to switch to driving soon so 2-4 hours of driving each day instead of Train.

Any good Japanese audio learning people know? I heard of one called Michel Thomas but not looked into it yet.
>>
>>386443207
I learn 2000 kanji in 3months from heisig.
Are you sure you can remember and recognised them with ease
>>
>>386442963
i've been watching anime for years and I still don't know the equivilent of "I am [name] I live [here]" like I learned in french, just honorifics.

try to figure out what they are saying without looking at the sub, beyond "onii-chan", nope.
>>
>>386443881
The thing is that Japanese to English translation is mostly making stuff up.

When you watch an English/French movies with subtitles, the text and subs mostly match up.
With Japanese, they almost always try and match up the meaning or what you'd say in that situation in English with little regard as to what exactly is being said in the show itself because that's simply how the language works.
It's why learning from subtitles is nowhere near as easy because aside from the most basic of phrases that everyone translates the same "Ganbatte", "Ohayou", "Itadakimasu",... you're stuck with absolute inconsistency for what's being said and read.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.