[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which 3DS JRPG should I play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: which JRPG.png (794KB, 852x404px) Image search: [Google]
which JRPG.png
794KB, 852x404px
I got about 8 hours into both and dropped them, looking at picking one of them back up.
>>
Xenoblade Chronicles is shorter and way better than DQVII so stick with that.
>>
3DS RPG thread? Or just a RPG thread in general?

Either way, I'm going to hijack it for a second. When does Rune Factory 4 get good?
>>
DQ VII is an extremely slow paced game, even for RPG standards. It's the kind of game where you have to look into a random closet to get a crucial item that you need to progress the story, so you end up looking at every object of every houses of every towns. It bored me pretty quickly.

Xenoblade Chronicles is a very good game with an engaging story and complex combat. While this is considered to be an RPG, it actually plays a lot more like an MMO. I found this game very addictive and I'm surprised you even dropped it.
>>
>>386442738
I originally had it on Wii Virtual Console for WiiU, and as I had to sell my Wii U I couldn't continue. Bought it again last week for 3DS.
>>
>>386442039
Bravely Default
>>
>>386442192
How long is DQVII? Xenoblade is long as fuck.
>>
>>386442039
DQ. Xeno is overrated.
>>
Xenoblade. Amazing game
>>
>>386442039
Go with Xenoblade since its a much better game and has a really good story. Dragon Quest is okay, but don't expect anything grandiose or deep.
>>
>>386442738
That is the sad truth for DQ7. As much as I enjoyed it. The game is far too long for its own good.
>>
>>386445001
That all depends on the amount of side quests you complete for xenoblade. Dragon quest 7 has a very long story with very few side quests sprinkled throughout.

In a nutshell. DQ7 badly drags.
>>
is there much difference between the PS1 version of DQ7 and the 3ds one?
>>
Stella Glow, underrated gem
>>
Neither. Play DQ8 instead
>>
Xenoblade, Shin Megami Tensei IV and Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse.
>>
>>386447921
Played SMTIV but never finished it. Was on the neutral route and got frustrated at having to do all the side quests to continue with the story. Will revisit that at some point, along with Apocalypse.
>>
>>386445001
DQ7's story is easily 100+ hours long the first time through if you don't use guides. If you do the optional content too you can easily expect close to 200h of gameplay.
Xenoblade's story took me around 60h I think, I obviously skipped a shitload of side content though. Dunno just how much gameplay you can get out of it but I'd assume it's relatively similar to DQ7, if not bigger.
>>
>>386448293
>DQ7's story is easily 100+ hours long
That's only in the original version, in the remake they cut a lot of unnecessary things so it's shorter. Average /v/ playtime was 60-70 hours.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.