[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the fanbase like it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 499
Thread images: 106

File: pic.php.jpg (26KB, 251x350px) Image search: [Google]
pic.php.jpg
26KB, 251x350px
Did the fanbase like it?
>>
who cares what the 'fanbase' thinks, the game is above average for what it is.
>>
I like video game
>>
Probably GOTY so they should have.
>>
It was very, very meh.
Patronizing, linear, heavily scripted ""cinematic"" trash, clearly aimed for modern LP-watching nu-gamers. Zero replay value, terrible "puzzles", terrible bossfights, fake "choice" towards the end that means jack shit in the end, and now a wave of jewish DLC that apparently totally matters.
>>
this reminds me actually and i always wanted to ask, but first some context

if you're walking about and you have low ammo on the shotgun can you reload the gun with bullets not slugs and then make it a rifle as it no longer has slugs and has bullets instead that way you can get better range but its pump action so you get more damage because pumps always cause more damage.
which also reminds me speaking of pumps when if filled my car up i pump the gas pump like a shotgun pump so it does more damage and i get more fuel

know what i mean yeah?
>>
>>386441475
nah it was pretty fun actually, and plenty of replay value on Madhouse and for the beginner items. Also lots of content in the DLC. And probably one of the greatest stories in vidya right up there with SH2 and Freelancer.
>>
>>386441492
The fuck

And to answer your first question, no, you cannot reload the shotgun with bullets meant for the pistol.
>>
File: 1499202792674.jpg (3KB, 126x114px) Image search: [Google]
1499202792674.jpg
3KB, 126x114px
>>386441475
>Patronizing, linear, heavily scripted
Are you implying the first REs aren't scripted and linear?
>""cinematic"" trash, clearly aimed for modern LP-watching nu-gamers
If you let youtubers dictate what you like you won't like anything.
>Zero replay value,
Its called Madhouse and changes up the game big time.
>terrible "puzzles"
This is implying the first REs had good puzzles too?
>Terrible bossfights,
Every boss fight with Jack was was bloody brilliant and on par with classic RE boss fights.
The only boss fight that sucked was the last boss.
>fake "choice" towards the end that means jack shit in the end,
Really isn't that big of deal it's only for the two endings.
>and now a wave of jewish DLC that apparently totally matters.
Only thing I really agree with.
>>
It'd a good horror game, but not a good Resident evil game.
>>
>>386441742
i'm fairly certain you can because the handgun has no pump and pumps make weapons do mroe damege so the bullets would be better in a shotgun because its has a pumping so it can do more damage due to the pump

i forgive you
>>
File: 1495392314434.png (126KB, 417x331px) Image search: [Google]
1495392314434.png
126KB, 417x331px
>>386441834
Why? what makes it not a good RE game?
I will never get this since this is the most RE game since RECV.
>>
>>386441727
>nah it was pretty fun actually
I didn't have any "fun" before I got to the Ship, which was the only classic RE-like section in the entire game. And the only spooky area to boot.

>unlockable extra difficulty that changes jack shit and paid DLC are now considered "replay value"
Nigga please...

>story
>anywhere near Silent Hill games
now you are just acting like a maniac.

>>386441774
>Are you implying the first REs aren't scripted and linear?
Especially the original Resident Evil was far from linear, to the point that I've seen newcomers literally roam around for hours, failing to locate even the first Saveroom and item box. RE7 on the other hand literally funnels you into one, and in general guides you in very linear fashion. Most areas you visit have no purpose later on.

Yes, old RE games were scripted, but they had much more variation, and didnt' try to merge gameplay and cutscenes into one blurry mess.

>le youtube meme argument
No son, I don't let anyone dictate what I like or hate. I just literally hate "games" that are CLEARLY made for fucking Jewdiepie wannabes and their fans; these non-games that you play once and then throw in the garbage.

I already went through the difficulty =/= replay value shit. It does not change enough of anything. Same monsters, same "puzzles", same bosses, you just get frustrated faster.

>implying the first REs had good puzzles?
They did. Actual puzzles too.

>Every fight with Jack was bloody brilliant
no, they were the most annoying, because you never knew what was the new gimmick you had to adapt in order to beat him.

>only two endings
do you want me to count all the ending variants in original RE?

So yeah - I'm an oldass RE fan, and I absolutely loathed every minute of RE7. And I expected to love it to bits after the RE6's Call Of Matrix shit.
>>
>>386441889
Why don't you go try that with your daddy's shotgun and let us know what happens.
Fucking 3rd world underaged retard...
>>
>>386442206
my dad is gone
just sads now
>>
only sapes dislike
>>
>>386442019
"Amnesia: Outlast Origins" isn't my idea of a "RE game" at all.

Two enemy types (no, reskinned Regenerators don't really count) does not help it either.
>>
>>386442145
>now you are just acting like a maniac.
sorry but it's true
>>
>>386442243
Even better! Now go try it. It's not like he's around to beat your ass for touching his boomstick.
>>
>>386442279
Nice meme
>>
So. Did they just give up on the Chris DLC or what?
>>
>>386442372
well no because i dont have any pistol bullits for it to use so i cant pump it to do extra damage on myself

why you
>>
I liked it! I like some other RE games. Am I the fanbase?
>>
>>386442320
>sorry but it's true
I dare you to try and say that in any kind of serious vidya discussion with a straight face.
You'll find yourself in a straitjacket in no time.
>>
>>386442320
>RE7 story
>Anywhere near the quality of SH2 story
>>
>>386442516
nice argument
>>
>>386441334
great game and a return to survival horror
>>
It sucked but I'm happy they went with FPS. It just needs to be better.
>>
>>386442650
it's a well known fact that no RE plot has ever even challenged the literature beauty and depth that is Silent Hill's stories. And RE7 is literally yet another case of "evil corporation accidentally releases biological magic virus and infects people", just almost hidden from the player at first.
Oh, and you're not a "normal guy" either, but an ex-Umbrella scientist, and not so much looking for your waifu, but trying to capture a BOW! Such tweest!
>>
After the shit that was 6, 5 and the last 2/3s of 4 I thought it was great.
>>
>>386442828
There's more to a story than plot
>>
>>386442828
>>386442945

especially with it being a video game
>>
File: 1488510527944.png (328KB, 607x408px) Image search: [Google]
1488510527944.png
328KB, 607x408px
>>386442145
I've played RE1 like 20 times already and for the most part I always hit the same beats.
For Jill and Chris you pretty much have the same order of advents happen.
You can sometimes do something else first but in the end the game is still pretty linear.

Also What are talking about most of the classic REs had cutscenes you could not skip you had to watch them.
Its annoying for RE7 too but don't act like this wasn't a problem with the old games to.

And you seriously think any game that has jump scares in them is youtube bait now?
I guess Condemned is youtube bait now
Even the classic REs are yhoutube bait now because those had jump scares too.

The madhouse difficultly changes about as much stuff as RE1 did.
RE1s diffrint campaigns didn't have diffrint bosses and diffrint monsters as far as I remember. they changed the placing of them.

I don't remember any RE puzzle being hard besides maybe one or two in RE 0.

Also what the hell was wrong with Jacks fights? they were awesome and they were easy to understand.
>>
>>386442828
>you're not a "normal guy" either, but an ex-Umbrella scientist

Is this from the DLC or some shit?
>>
>>386442917
>After the shit that was 6, 5 and the last 2/3s of 4 I thought it was great.
This
Despite being more linear and scripted than the classic RE games, it was still good.
>>
>tfw RE7 was my first RE game
>>
>>386444475
Pretty much.
Its not the best RE but damn is it good.
I hostly feel with some tweaks it could be a masterpiece.
>>
>>386441334
I did.
>>
File: 1498404399074.jpg (84KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
1498404399074.jpg
84KB, 768x960px
>>386444715
Play all the classic REs and 4.
Only play 5 with a freind and skip 6.
>>
>>386441334
As someone who's played every mainline RE except 0 and Rev2 I fucking loved it, definitely my personal GOTY
>>
File: 1496663319587.gif (36KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496663319587.gif
36KB, 720x720px
>>386441396
Other fans care what the fanbase thinks?
>>
Does it still feel like Japanese horror? That's all that matters.
>>
>>386441727
>One of the greatest stories in Vidya
Yeah, maybe if you've only played 3 games
>>
>>386444876
Play 0 dude its great.
I need to get around to RErv2 myself but sadly my freind is hard to convince to play it with me.
>>
>>386444964
I emulated it a few years ago when I was going through all the games and I really couldn't stand the whole switching mechanic and the stupid fanfic tier plot

of course thats not to say RE's never had a stupid plot but the villain felt like a Final Fantasy reject
>>
File: 1492916665130.gif (3MB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
1492916665130.gif
3MB, 500x282px
>>386444926
Pretty much.
It has an evil little girl with long black hair so you cant get more Japanese then that.
Also all the horror comes from the atmosphere and resource management.
>>
>>386442516

I'm on Zoloft and RE7 was 6.5/10.

Needed more Jack and Lucas.
>>
Dunno what the fanbase thought but I liked it. RE7 extracted what horror elements that the Revelations games did manage to stumble back upon and built upon that foundation while mostly leaving the action behind. There's stronger hints of RE1 and RE3 than there have been in quite some time but I still think it's a bit undercooked to call it a true return to form. A good step back in the right direction but they definitely could've pushed the level design, puzzles and enemy variety further. All in all, it's the best numbered RE since 4 at least.
>>
>>386445084

>Also all the horror comes from the atmosphere and resource management.

The one thing that RE, in all of its incarnations, has never shied away from is twisted body horror. RE7's no exception but it's got little to do with the atmosphere or resource management.
>>
RE7 was flawed but it got the fundamentals right.

First person worked, presentation worked, combat mechanics worked. It kind of goes to shit when they start throwing more and more poop monsters at you but overall RE7 lays the foundation for future titles and I'm excited to see were they go.
>>
>>386441475
>Linear
Fuck off open world fags
>>
>>386442828
>Tries to trash-talk the story
>Completely and utterly gets the story wrong
>>
RE7 was almost a fantastic game but a couple of dumb design choices and some obvious corner cutting makes it settle for pretty fucking good.

You could tell Capcom wanted this to be the next RE4 but it can't quite reach that height.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3024x3024px
>>386441334
Fanbase here. Yes.
>>
>>386443087
>Is this from the DLC or some shit?
No, the main campaign.
Actually play the game, and the past games as well.
>>
I am the fanbase. I loved it.
>>
>>386441475
This. Just another attempt from Capcom to try and save themselves by rebooting RE again.
>>
File: tumblr_omhciqQcJm1udrfedo1_1280.jpg (790KB, 1200x577px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omhciqQcJm1udrfedo1_1280.jpg
790KB, 1200x577px
>>386446901
Does anyone hope Capcom does a release with all the cut content put in?
I want that dog they said they were planning on adding.
>>
>>386449108
What dog?
>>
File: 1486201844954.jpg (220KB, 543x1454px) Image search: [Google]
1486201844954.jpg
220KB, 543x1454px
>>386449427
In interviews Capcom said the Bakers had a family dog called Bella or something.
It would stalk you thorough the house and like Jack could not be killed till a boss fight.
Everytime you killed it the dog would mutate becoming more deadly and monster like.
Sadly even though they had everything planned out for the dog they never added it in.
Which is sad seeing how RE7 is the only mainline RE game with no dogs .
>>
Not part of the fanbase, but I quite liked it the first time around. However i believe it falls short on its replayability. Even after the Hardest Difficulty which scatters all the items around, there is little incentive to play again bezides the rewards of OP loot you get after beating the game within certain requirements (looking at you glasses, making the item scattering difficulty fairly redundant).

Not a bad game, but without the DLC, its a one pump chump.
>>
RE4 and 5 are better.
>>
>>386441334
I loved it, way better than the shit fest RE6 was, and the awful RE5 shoothem up. That said i still think it has some problems is not a perfect game
>>
File: 1501764034782.png (223KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
1501764034782.png
223KB, 500x445px
>>386450402
4 is one of the best game ever made.
But honestly 7 is better then 5 because 5 is just a shittier version of 4.
Plus I hate the Ai and it has no real identity of its own besides Wekser.
7 has more of a personality then 5 and of course is way scarier and has better level design.
>>
>>386449730
>It would stalk you thorough the house and like Jack could not be killed till a boss fight.
>Everytime you killed it the dog would mutate becoming more deadly and monster like.
Sounds cool, but I can see why it was cut.
Imagine having to play the hide and seek portion that sometimes comes up the entire time. It was nice, but it would've been tedious with everything else you have to do while you're not being stalked by Jack or Marguerite.
>>
>>386442145
>son
>its clearly an underage faggot
Wew, lad

You should go and read more about game design before making more of this atrocious comments, you clearly dont have idea what are you talking about, in fact RE7 is the closest shit we have since RE3 (yeah RE4 is a fucking action game)
>>
>>386442279
>LOL Look guys is a RE in frist person "Amnesia: Outlast Origins" hAha
Anon-kun do you realize RE was intended to be a Frist person game since RE1 right?
>>
Gameplay was pretty good but there's only like three fucking types of enemies.
Story might have been good if it didn't focus on ANOTHER creepy fucking little girl and totally ruined the beginning to middle of the game.
Also the ability to replay would've been a lot more appealing if they simply made it so that you could skip cutscenes and all the fucking WALKING you have to do. Seriously even with speedrun strats it takes fifteen minutes to get to the gun, and 19 minutes after that (if you kill Mia the fastest possible way) you finally get normal control in the mansion.
>>
File: 1487037592650.jpg (62KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1487037592650.jpg
62KB, 544x400px
>>386450976
Shhhh don't mention that it goes against his narrative.
Also don't bring up Survivor or UC.
RE has ALWAYS been third person.
>>
>>386450801
Nice assumptions there, kiddo.
I'm literally 30, started amateur game-devving at age of like 12 via Wolf3D and Doom mods, got University degree in game programming and designing, and I've also finished over 300 games so far.

It's exactly the fags like (You) who are the problem nowadays, staring at some superficial checklists of features that are supposed to make these reboot titles (RE7, DOOM...) be "exactly like teh originals!!! :D", totally missing how they remain oblivious of the OG games' pacing and metagame.

Not to mention being the "closest thing" to anything after a decade of major fuck ups means jack shit. By now we should be able to do RE1-3 times 100 with little effort, but instead we've gone backwards and get AAA studios shill their mediocre, downgraded trash.
>>
File: 1495812739924.jpg (55KB, 474x531px) Image search: [Google]
1495812739924.jpg
55KB, 474x531px
>>386451243
>He hates DOOM too.
Of course you do.
>>
>>386451243
Are you a wizard though?
>>
File: 1444534448189.jpg (12KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1444534448189.jpg
12KB, 250x242px
Slow, clunky, and no real replay value, the biggest mistakes were going first person and focusing on vr shit. That said, it was an alright game.

They need to just release all of their AAA OTS shooterspamrpg RE games under the Revelations subtitle for the nu-gamers and turn the original name back into what it was, pre-rendered, fixed camera angles, item management/scenario-variation, a meaty mercenaries mode, go back to the industrial biohorror monsters and not this dirty, parasite-infested brown people attacking you with farming equipment/random acronym agency bullshit.
>>
File: re Deadly Aim PS2.jpg (27KB, 250x355px) Image search: [Google]
re Deadly Aim PS2.jpg
27KB, 250x355px
>>386450976
>Anon-kun do you realize RE was intended to be a Frist person game since RE1 right?
Yes. And Doom was supposed to be a slow-paced Aliens license game, and nuDOOM a CoD clone.

But they did not end up being like that. And nobody thinks they should be like that.
Not only that, but we've also had SEVERAL first-person RE games in the past, which had very authentic oldschool RE-gameplay. GenZ kids obviously don't even know of any of these, so they shill RE7 as some sort of amazing, revolutionary step in the series' history.

>>386451195
Nice false assumptions, kiddo.
Can't wait for the schools to start again so we get rid of your cancer.
>>
>>386451412
DOOM was fucking terrible. You really need to be a jaded Xbot who has played nothing but Cowadooteh to enjoy that shit.
>>
>>386451746
>and nuDOOM a CoD clone.
Do you expect anyone to take you seriously?
>>
File: Resident Evil ages.jpg (235KB, 593x795px) Image search: [Google]
Resident Evil ages.jpg
235KB, 593x795px
>>386443001
>I always hit the same beats
That's because you develop a strategy over time (or you read a guide online). REVII doesn't really have much exploration in comparison, and I managed to get a strategy after one(1) playthrough
>most of the classic REs had cutscenes you could not skip
All CG and Live action cutscenes were skippable, and in rereleases, in-engine cutscenes and door opening animations became skippable.
In VII, you follow Mia for about 4 minutes at what one would call a walking pace for a man with one leg. It never becomes skippable and lowers replay value drastically, seeing as it happens within the first 5 minutes of gameplay
>i guess condemned is youtube bait now
You missed the point. He meant that REVII is like games like PT, Outlast or Amnesia, especially so when looking at the godawful demo, and that is because it's another FPS horror game that is heavily scripted.
>the madhouse difficulty changes about as much stuff RE1 did
It changes a few things in the house and adds more ammo and health kits. Wasn't hard until the two acid guys near the end of the caves, and after that it stopped being hard again
RE1's Arrange mode changed item placement, including key puzzle items, increased enemy difficulty, added more enemies, including stronger enemies, like the Forest zombie, but it increased your chance to get headshots with the pistol and added a cheat to double ammo pickups.
>i don't remember any RE puzzle being hard
Confirmed for never having finished RE3. Also, the puzzles weren't hard, but better than anything in VII's shadow puzzles and that godawful clock puzzle and painting puzzle in the boat.
>what the hell was wrong with Jacks fights?
The first two were fine, but the third was just awful. A black mess covered in eyes that some people have said they didn't know was Jack and thought was Lucas, since we never actually saw Jack mutate
>>
>mfw RE 6 still outsold RE 7
>people actually like RE 6 now and claim that it is good
>use the excuse that RE 5 and 6 are fun with friends so they are good
>when you say this about other games /v/ claims this cant be used as an excuse for an obviously bad game

Fuck all of you
>>
i finished it for the first time yesterday.

I had fun but jesus christ was the game easy and braindead.
The game was also not even a lil bit scary.
>>
File: 1489064213628.png (37KB, 417x403px) Image search: [Google]
1489064213628.png
37KB, 417x403px
>>386451816
You have to be a joyless oldfag who hates anything new to hate DOOM.
I've been playing Doom ever since Doom 2 and DOOM was a worthy follow up to the classics.
Same with RE7 it brought back what was great about the old games.
But your far too jaded to see that everything new is shit in your eyes.
>>
>>386451987
cry harder
>>
>>386446701
RE games used to be about exploration retard.
>>
>>386441334
If the game did one thing right it was bring back the feeling of being on your own and not having anything else but fear to work with. It was the first time in quite a few RE games where i was generally scared to open the next door- with that being said it relied too much on cliches and gimmicks.
>>
>>386447119
>Not sub-2 hours

Call yourself a fan LOL
>>
>>386447119
>always played leona claireb
>try beating clairea without saving
>get to the final boss
>g-birkin turns into his four legged form
>one shots me
Why am I shit at video games
>>
>>386441334
No. I appreciate a return to horror but the game has none of the replay value the classic games have. It's one-and-done.
>>
File: tallwoman.jpg (10KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
tallwoman.jpg
10KB, 400x300px
>>386452076
Doesn't matter since RE6 was still a massive bomb.
RE7 still made its money back despite underperforming.
RE6 flopped so hard since Caspcom pretty much put all there money into it and despite good sales it still didn't make the massive sales goal they had.
So don't worry RE most likely won't go back to action unless Capcom really does want to go bankrupt.
RE is back to horror baby.
>>
>>386452109
Play on madhouse dude.
Its legit hard on the mode.
>>
File: Updated shitpost.png (3MB, 2871x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Updated shitpost.png
3MB, 2871x1632px
>>386452442
If more games like REVII are the future, I may as well commit suicide.
>>
>>386441475
>Patronizing

Explain to me how a video game can be patronizing.
>>
>>386452626
>loving 5 and 6
Yeah I'm not trusting your dogshit opinion
>>
>>386452626
No one cares about your awful taste man.
>>
>>386452735
I enjoyed them. They were fun. What's wrong with that?
They still rank lower than majority of the main series
>>
>>386452626
Fuck off action fag.
>>
>>386452626
>I love QTE's and eating shit

here's your (You)
>>
>>386441334
nu-game designed for youtuber vermin with no actual skill or knowledge of gameplay much like nearly every game these days
we could have had a genuine game but nooo, we have to appeal to the streamers and the youtuber faggots with a nu-game piece of casual linear garbage with nothing to do with re
>>
>>386452626
Why the change from RE7 Madhouse 1 to 2?
>>
File: 1487016332989.gif (3MB, 309x313px) Image search: [Google]
1487016332989.gif
3MB, 309x313px
>>386452849
>WAAAAAAA YOUTUBERS!!!!!!
>>
>>386452817
>>386452823
>actionfag
>literally the entire main series except 0 and VII above 4-6
Really makes you think
>>386452864
The scripted moments like the Mia part at the beginning build up over time
That, and after dying to the same two acid guys near the end of the game really makes you think about how poorly designed the game was, to have enemies that can stun lock you if it decides your maxed out defense wasn't good enough
>>
Assuming they don't fuck up the core mechanics of the RE2 remake it'll sell like hotcakes and hopefully finally put capcom back on the right path.
>>
File: gamer-trying-to-raise-money-for.jpg (110KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gamer-trying-to-raise-money-for.jpg
110KB, 1920x1080px
>we got this instead of PT Silent Hill
>>
File: 1498070026019.jpg (56KB, 583x435px) Image search: [Google]
1498070026019.jpg
56KB, 583x435px
>>386453063
The Mia section lasts like 6 to 8 minutes depending on how fast you go.
I'm not defending it since it is annoying for replays.
But why is this a deal breaker when the other games do annoying shit like this too?
Remake has that boring as she part in the caves that takes forever and you have to do that ever playthrough.
Yet I never hear anyone complain about that shit.
>>
>>386452442
They are making a Revelations 3 right now though.
>>
>>386453291
Because that happens in the middle. Most of the bad shit in REVII happens near the beginning and the end with a forgettable middle to hold it together
>>
It was pretty fun, but I would still rank it in the lower end of the spectrum, overall it was just pretty forgettable.
>>
>>386453407
Well I'm not too against the idea of Capcom making the cheap spin offs action as long as the main series keeps to its horror roots.
I think Capcom can appeal to both fanbases if they do this.
>>
>>386453427
So its not bad because its in the middle? how does that make sense?
Also RE7 keeps its pacing fine thorough the whole game till the shitty end boss.
Everything during the middle section was brilliant all the way from the house to Lucas's fun house was great.
>>
does this game have a jill sandwich?
>>
I liked it except for the part that is just too short and greatly lacking in content. This should've been a $20 game not a full priced one.
>>
>>386453616
Agreed. Would be interesting to see another RE7 style game now that they learned what worked and what didn't a bit more.
>>
>>386453773
There's some toast in the main hall.
Does that count?
>>
>>386453749
Because you can fuckup in the middle and people won't acknowledge it as much, because the things that decide your enjoyment usually occur at the beginning and the end, which is why MGS4 may have a dogshit third act but still be a good game.
REVII on the other hand has a handful of shit. The guest house, boat and caves were all godawful sections, and everything else was done better in the first game, as they obviously ripped their areas from the first game.
>>
>>386453749
You forgot about the flashback in the boat. That shit kills my motivation everytime I replay the game.
>>
>>386452147

You just conceded to him, brainlet nu-fan
>>
>>386454042
That's dumb as hell.
Just because its in the middle does not give it an excuse to be boring as sin.
You can not honestly tell me that the shitty cave would somehow break Remake if was at the start or end.
Besides that its only the guest house that suck.
The boat was still classic RE with good level design and the cave was an action packed final to the game.
Every RE game has an action packed final and 7 is no diffrint.
>>
>>386454112
Why? your still killing monsters like always in that part its not slow or anything how is it any diffrint from anything else?
>>
>>386451987
>that some people have said they didn't know was Jack and thought was Lucas
You would have to be either really fucking blind or really fucking retarded to mistake that for anything but Jack. I mean, shit, he tells Zoe to get back to the house and he’ll deal with her later, if that doesn’t clue you in that it’s Jack then damn.
>>
>>386453291
the Mia part is one of my favorite parts of the game...finding out that Mia is pretty much evil is a good plot point
>>
>>386454348
The shitty cave would break REmake if it was at the start. If that was where you started it would've been remembered as the worst intro in the history of the series and REmake wouldn't be getting so many 10/10s.
>its only the guest house that suck
No, the boat and caves were shit. The boat has a long ass walking sim segment, then a godawful flashback, and ends with Mia running around trying to fix an elevator which only takes about 5 minutes.
The caves is just a straight line filled with all the dull enemies the game can throw at you with nothing new, and it ends with you going back to one of the worst parts of the game.
And every game had a good action packed finale, because it's not written as 'final' it's written as finale. And they were good because they ended with good boss fights that involved rocket launchers or a cannon of some sort
>>
>>386454603
People thought like that because Jack just shows up all mutated, when last we saw him he was half a body but still looked human.
Also, what he says in unintelligible unless you have subtitles on, and Lucas had run away just a few minutes prior
>>
>>386454453
The constant stopping to walk to talk to that guy on the watch is annoying since you can't open any door during it. Also the whole stretch of gameplay is boring. The main house and ruined ship itself are like classic RE environments, you have to navigate around and backtrack whilst managing resources and overcoming or running past obstacles. The flashback sequence breaks away from that and feels like a drag to do before you get back to the good stuff. I liked RE7 but I was still disappointed it didn't do more.

>>386454708
Unrelated but what are your thoughts on Evil Within and how do you think it compare to RE7. I fucking loved it.
>>
>>386455076
I have a copy of The Evil Within, haven't played it yet since I fear it might be like Dead Space of Gears, AKA a shit game
>>
>>386454806
>what he says in unintelligible unless you have subtitles on
What? No, no it’s not. I heard it just fine the first time I played, and just fine the second time I played, loud and distorted but easily decipherable. It’s ‘unintelligible’ because they weren’t paying attention, or they’re partially deaf. Either way, that’s their fault, not the games.
>>
>>386455303
Actually, it kinda is the game's fault. Jack just mutates for no reason and we didn't see the process, unlike with Mr X, G-Birkin, Nemesis, Wesker or Alexia
>>
>>386441334
Can't you judge by yourself if you liked it or not, or do you need the help of the majority?
>>
>>386455229
I'm assuming you're the same anon who really enjoyed RE5 and RE6 here. If so then it's worth giving a shot.
>>
>>386441475
That's a lot of buzzwords senpai
>>
>>386455590
I enjoyed RE5 because it wrapped up the story, and I enjoyed RE6 because it had good gameplay that actually evolved, and I enjoyed the characters and the drama with Chris, Piers and Jake and Sherr
>>
>>386452626
I'm... I'm not sure how to respond to this image.
>>
>>386455840
Is it because I don't like RE4 or because I don't like REVII? Or are you one of the guy's who wonders why I even went through most of the shit on there?
>>
>>386455830
Well EW definitely won't scratch your classic RE itch. Still I'm optimistic you'll enjoy it even if it is a clusterfuck of set pieces and areas just like RE6.
>>
>>386455945
Mostly how you could even like the fifth RE movie, let alone even have a neutral reaction to them.
I mean, if they didn't have the Resident Evil as a title, they would have been cool action flicks, but since they really try to overuse resident evil names in a shitty way, I can't see them just as cool action flicks.
Like the second Silent Hill movie. Also, vendetta was pretty dope. Love seeing Gun kata, even if it was used in other movies.
>>
>>386456112
I'll try it out after I finish Nier Automata and GR2. Does it have extra modes like RE1-6, or is it just different difficulties?
>>
File: barry ded.webm (2MB, 1280x534px) Image search: [Google]
barry ded.webm
2MB, 1280x534px
>>386456221
I liked the fifth RE movie because it was funny, and made for some good webms. I had a good time with all of them, so I ranked them as I saw them.
>also, vendetta was pretty dope
Not as good as Degeneration or Damnation
>>
>>386456228
Just different difficulties in the base game unlocked after beating Normal. Nightmare remixes enemy placements and they act more aggressive and deal more damage. Akumu is nightmare but you die in 1-2 hits instead.

There's DLC but gameplay-wise I think they suck.
>>
>>386456506
Alright, I'll try it out later on, shame there's nothing like Invisible Enemy or 4th Survivor
>>
>>386456361
Apart from the movies, I agree with most of your reactions. I might have liked RE4 and RE7 slightly more than you but most are pretty spot on.
>>
>>386442279
RE3 is my favorite Amnesia Outlast game
>>
File: iop butt.gif (659KB, 413x491px) Image search: [Google]
iop butt.gif
659KB, 413x491px
I didn't like RE7. It's not awful, but I could write a whole essay about the problems I had with the game. I'll boil it down into a few tldr points:

>I don't mind the shift to first person, but I feel like the gameplay was gimped in many places to accommodate for VR. Which is frustrating because 80% of players will never get to experience it that way, making the sacrifices they made for it moot.
>Control is taken away from the player too often mid gameplay for scripted scares/actions in favor of making the game more cinematic. I hate the "walk forward while listening to someone talk segments" too, though granted those are few and far between. That stuff still makes replaying the game a chore though.
>Game feels conflicted tonally. At some points it's trying to be gritty, cinematic horror, and at others it gets like RE4/5 levels of goofy. This bleeds through to both the gameplay and the story, and it feels like they couldn't make up their mind as to what kind of game they wanted to make.
>Not a fan of the Texas Chainsaw/Evil Dead/F.E.A.R. motif they had going on. I prefer my Resident Evil to be the classic mixture Romero and goofy B-movie mad scientist schlock.
>Lack of enemy variety seriously hurt the game, as not knowing what kind of crazy monster could be waiting in the next area was always a big part of the fun. Having every creature in the game being a different variation on the same black goo man is boring.
>Puzzles were an afterthought, and they even had the gall to repeat those bland shadow puzzles over and over.
>Little to no backtracking, a staple in classic RE that gave those games their labyrinthine quality.
>Protagonist is boring, which is a pretty big deal in a series full of charismatic main characters.
>Lack of replay value aside from a difficulty mode that doesn't fix the game's problems and infinite ammo, extras that would have been included in previous games have been removed to be repurposed as DLC. It's a barebones.
>>
>>386453142
do we know ANYTHING about the RE2make? I might buy a new pc just for it. Wait, will it come to pc?
>>
>>386457745
Only that the creative team that originally made REmake is not working on it, leaving it in the hands of modern Capcom.

Will they screw it up? Who knows, but I'm going in with only modest expectations.
>>
>>386457893
>Will they screw it up? Who knows, but I'm going in with only modest expectations.
that's the best mindset. Man I absolutely love REmake, RE and RE2, the first being my favorite game period. If they pull a REmake again I can die a happy man. But yeah, we'll see
>>
>>386441334
Dino Crisis > RE1/REmake > RE2 > RE7 > the rest
>>
its the only resident evil I ever beat. I never enjoyed the repetitive try this here and here of the older game.
>>
File: 1501640303831.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1501640303831.gif
1MB, 300x225px
>>386459064
>No RE3
>>
File: 1492497997396.jpg (60KB, 350x382px) Image search: [Google]
1492497997396.jpg
60KB, 350x382px
>>386459314
>being so shit you can't beat a resident evil game
>>
>>386459935
I'M
>>
>No tank controls
>No pre rendered backgrounds
>First person perspective
>Far more linear than REmake
>Only one character
>Game turns into DOOM at the end
>Puzzles are a of significantly lower quality
It's the best Nusident Evil game but it's still only a 6/10.
>>
>>386441334
I doubt it because the fanbase as a whole doesn't seem to know what they want, but I know I did.
>>
>>386460901
>No tank controls
You say this as it is a bad thing. The only reason tank controls existed was for the locked camera angles.
>>
>>386459935
yea I dont enjoy fighting shit tier 3rd person controls
>>
>>386460997
Tank controls work well for games with fixed cameras. If you can't grasp the concept of the controlling the character like that, maybe you shouldn't be in these threads
>>
>>386441334
If I hadn't played it with VR I probably would have thought it was like 7/10. While most of the game is good it's short and lacks new content towards the end, and also has a shitty ending and a shoehorned in decision halfway through.

But I played it in VR and that made it a solid 9/10 and in my top 5 games this year. VR is not perfect but holy SHIT it makes a difference. My first playthrough was one hell of a ride because of it, and playing without the reticle on just made it better. Very stunning and refreshing experience.
>>
>>386461170
>wasting your time talking to Nu-sident Evil fans.
He's probably just another nu-eceleb worshiper
>>
File: Resident-Evil-Cabin.jpg (48KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Resident-Evil-Cabin.jpg
48KB, 900x506px
>>386460992
>You say this as it is a bad thing.
It is, the combination of fixed camera angles with tank controls made the developers design all areas so that any encounter with a zombie would be a gamble between trying to simply run past them or engage them which would open up further issues. It was great at adding tension to the game at every point in it, I'm not saying you can't make a good survival horror without them but RE7 doesn't really do a good job.
>>
>>386461170
if you can't deal with someones opinion on overrated old games then maybe you shouldn't be in this thread.
>>
File: 1487719151700.gif (1MB, 300x159px) Image search: [Google]
1487719151700.gif
1MB, 300x159px
>>386460901
>No tank controls
Who cares?
>No pre rendered backgrounds
Who cares?
>First person perspective
Who cares?
>Far more linear than REmake
Kind of right.
>Only one character
You get get to play as Mia and Clancy if you count his few sections too.
>Game turns into DOOM at the end
Like every RE?
>Puzzles are a of significantly lower quality
Kind of true too.
>>
>>386461337
Well, majority of the series is comprised of those 'overrated old games', and you can't just talk shit and not expect anything in return. What are you, 12?
>>
>>386461334
>I'm not saying you can't make a good survival horror without them but RE7 doesn't really do a good job.
I agree RE7 could have made a much better job, but at the same time, it works pretty darn well for what it is. Not sure how the movements are for console, but keyboard and mouse felt pretty good for once.
>>
File: 1490228760827.png (249KB, 3000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
1490228760827.png
249KB, 3000x3000px
DEJA VU/spoiler]
I HAVE BEEN IN THIS PLACE BEFORE
this was the only good part of the game
>>
>>386461460
You act like the game hasn't always been criticized for its controls and fixed camera.
>>
File: Resident_Evil_(2002)_Box_Japan.jpg (115KB, 640x905px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil_(2002)_Box_Japan.jpg
115KB, 640x905px
>>386461337
>overrated old games
You can't overrate a 10/10.
>>
>>386461564
The whole fight made me chuckle. Perfectly over the top to make a what was already a pretty entertaining fight, even more entertaining.
>>
>>386441334
I played All RE's since I was 14 or 15. I think this is a good direction for the franchise, in the same way that 4 was a good way to go after 3 games of the same playstyle, shaking it up is a good way to go.

One day though, I hope to see RE return to the fixed-camera angles and tank controls. Those games always seems scarier to me because you couldn't always see the enemy.
>>
>>386461575
It has by people who were shit at it. All classic survival horror games used those controls and they worked perfectly well for what they wanted.
>>
>>386442414
if you find a pebble that fits that works too
>>
>>386461564
>see granny sitting calmly in her wheelchair like 6 times
>think you're gonna get jumpscared but she does never does anything
>FF through boat
>find her empty wheelchair

got me spooked
>>
File: GamingRatingScale.jpg (84KB, 1786x919px) Image search: [Google]
GamingRatingScale.jpg
84KB, 1786x919px
>>386461546
I'm not saying it's bad but I wouldn't call it amazing either, reminder 6/10 does not mean bad unless you're a gaming journalist.
>>
>>386461689
Its not actually a hard game its just tedious artificial difficulty made for hikimoris that want to dump hours looking for where a piece of wood goes in the most illogical spot.
>>
>>386462121
Silent Hill does the illogical puzzle solutions. RE puzzles are easy to solve. Find a crest? There's a place where that has an indent with the same shape as the crest you found.
>>
>>386461863
I agree once again. Man, this was a pointless discussion.

Atmosphere was perfect in 7, gave me some good scares considering that they are sort of human at the start of the game progressively mutating, yet keeping a human form until their last power up. Gave a whole other vibe of horror compared to the other games.
>>
File: ResidentEvil.png (2MB, 1070x750px) Image search: [Google]
ResidentEvil.png
2MB, 1070x750px
Find a flaw.
>>
File: IMG_0351.jpg (64KB, 445x503px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0351.jpg
64KB, 445x503px
>>386441334
No.
>one type of zombie
> insect battles
God I hate insect battles such a pain
>shit game mechanics
>fucking retarded story
>$70 and seventeen days of dl/install only to beat the game in hardly 5 hours
All in all it's a shut game haven't even thought about playing this waste of money since I beat it less than a week after it came out.
>>
>>386441742
Falling this hard for and obvious troll....
>>
>>386441334
It's spilt. Some loved it, others didn't. Everyone should know this fanbase is extremely divided.
>>
>>386463434
Why did you put a shit game next to REmake
>>
File: 1493934946708.jpg (34KB, 193x200px) Image search: [Google]
1493934946708.jpg
34KB, 193x200px
>>386441334
Yes, and the game saved the franchise.
>>
>>386451957
>Doesn't remember the Doom 4 leaks
Lurk more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qjy-1vbkQMo
>>
>>386466134
I do wonder if /v/ would of hated 7 if it was like 6 would the fan base hate it since everyone seems to like 6 now
>>
>>386466263
So? It didn't turn out that way so what is your point? They ditched that because it was shit
>>
>>386466401
6 has always been essential /v/core.
>>
File: 1496274191564.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1496274191564.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>386466401
The naysayers are just a salty mix of consoleONLYfags and tasteless faggots that actually liked 4-5-6.

Now that the series has returned to the horror genre and with such a huge success, all they can do is kicking and screaming on the floor while everyone else is having fun.

It's funny because I had completely lost faith in the japanese vidya scene, but they completely blew everyone away with this game. Like, who would have thought they could actually produce quality videogames nowadays, besides Nintendo?
>>
>>386466749
Japenes games are back this year while the west keeps falling it's beautiful
>>
>>386466749
With RE2 Remake on the way there's no stopping true survival horror RE now suck it action fags
>>
>>386466520
Are you actually retarded? That was exactly the point being made. Did you just read my one post without following the reply chain that lead to it? Just stop posting, dumbass.
>>
It was pretty average, it looked nice if you disreged some of the REALLY bad textures but holy fuck it was really badly optimised

I'm happy I didn't buy it
>>
>>386467805
*disregarded
>>
File: 1501554457354.jpg (428KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1501554457354.jpg
428KB, 1920x1080px
>There will never be an old school Resident Evil again.
>>
File: Rebecca-REmake.jpg (270KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca-REmake.jpg
270KB, 1920x1080px
>>386467495
>RE7
>True survival horror
Playing REmake should be a mandatory requirement for posting in an RE thread.
>>
>>386468086
>>386467935
What about 0?
>>
>>386467935
For main titles, nope. Not even sure for remakes either desu. One can only hope though.
>>
>>386452127
>You have to be a joyless oldfag who hates anything new to hate DOOM.
I'm not. I've found something new AND great every single year to play, but nuDuum was nothing but overshilled console trash.

RPG elements, menu-surfing, cutscenes and "cinematic" gameplay, miniature maps that funnel you into endless lock-down rooms, where you fight a ten or so enemies at once and never more, no exploration is needed as every enemy is an HP and ammo Pinata, absolutely awful MP, and no mod tools as the super restricted SnapMap's supposed to be "good enough".

Pretty much all of that applies to RE7. Had I not bought the CD key off-Steam, I'd refunded it in a heartbeat. But since I am stuck with it, I did finish it up. And it was one of the most pathetic and patronizing experiences I've had to experience in a while. I can only imagine how bad those Outlast and new Amnesia games must be, if THIS shit counts as "savior of survival horror" now.

tl;dr: No son, I don't hate games. Some of us just NOT have let our standards drop to rock-bottom levels, and thus don't jizz our pants whenever one generic, casual trash throws in one or two carrots.

>>386455656
Nope, they are adjectives with meaning.
>>
>>386468086
This.

>>386468204
nah, but 2-3 are.

>>386468350
REmake2 apparently is going to be "oldschool" style, a la REmake.
Same thing with SH1-4.
>>
>>386468086
>RE0
I started it and I am not sure, I looked up a speedrun for curiosity and looking at the various up and downs and backtracking and puzzles make it look like a chore to play through, literally a list of chores to execute.
>>
File: 1488570094599.gif (2MB, 649x472px) Image search: [Google]
1488570094599.gif
2MB, 649x472px
>>386468086
Nigga I don't even care if you don't like RE7.
But you have to admit at least its a survival horror game.
What does RE7 have missing?
It has weapon and item management.
Puzzles
Backtracking.
Low resources
Legit horror.
Atmosphere.
Secrets.
Limited saves.

You can argue the quality of these but there all their.
The key things that make a horror game.
The only missing is the fixed cameras and that's it.
Other then that if you made this game 10 years ago no one would be saying this isn't survival horror.
>>
>>386468957
>REmake2 apparently is going to be "oldschool" style, a la REmake.
The thing is, we don't know that. We can expect it, but Capcom could go with another style.
>>
File: 1500078732293.png (2MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500078732293.png
2MB, 1440x1080px
>>
>>386469346
I've heard stuff about Capcom holding up a poll about the matter, and traditional gameplay style winning by a mile. Don't quote me on that tho
>>
>>386469538
She looks like she has a 1000 yard stare.
>>
>>386441334
I'm not a self-loathing human being, so yes I kinda liked it. Not GOTY, but sure as shit saved face from what RE6 did to the series.
>>
File: 1500937213090.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500937213090.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>
GO tell aunt RHO-dy........

*grins evilly*
>>
>>386469346
I think in any case, it would be wrong to simply make a 1:1 copy minus the graphics of Resident Evil 2.

It would be like that Psycho remake that was just a shot by shot remake with colors, a remake is always a good occasion to either improve or at least change things, like with the Scarface movie.
>>
>>386470253
Why are you trying so hard to make this a meme?
>>
>>386470431
*bangs cover eyes*

GO!
tell aunt RHO-dy

that ev
ry
one
is
DEAD!

*wicked fangs flash!*
>>
File: promo322864289.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
promo322864289.png
2MB, 1600x900px
Finally managed to finish up Revelations 2, continuing my binge of all the RE games I never played.

Thoughts? I quite liked it (more than Revelations 1) but it had its flaws.
Barry's campaign was far less interesting, with cannon fodder enemies and an even more useless sidekick. The largest pile of bullshit is the game's non-ending. You need a DLC episode to get an ACTUAL ending for the characters, and even that one is incomplete. Game could have used a slightly longer final episode or a playable epilogue to wrap everything up.

Oh, and the final cutscene with Lottie will be the funniest thing I see all year.
>>
File: 1500937135626.jpg (204KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1500937135626.jpg
204KB, 1920x1080px
>>
File: tumblr_omcrfvq2ep1vtpc9vo1_1280.jpg (144KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omcrfvq2ep1vtpc9vo1_1280.jpg
144KB, 900x1200px
>>386470807
I want to play it but sadly my best freind always wants to play something else.
I see no reason to play a coop RE without a freind.
I will never play 5 again without someone else and I have yet to play 6 too as I wont suffer through that crap alone.
>>
>>386470303
Oh no. I don't want an exact same game with just pretty graphics. I want them to add new stuff. I figure since we're not getting anymore games in the classic style, then REmake 2 should retain that.
>>
>>386471072
The co-op is kinda pointless because neither of the partners can hold firearms. I can at least see Claire's sidekick being fun to play as, whoever plays as Barry's might as well just not be there.

It's fine solo.
>>
I liked it.

However. It felt less like a resident evil game and more like some Evil Dead adaptation with resident evil gameplay but in first person instead of third.

Better than the action shit 6 threw up on everyone, but Capcom really needs to study it more carefully and work with this formula. Fuck the 1st person shit. The game felt gimped because it was almost solely made for VR play through. You can tell. Slow running, turning slower, etc.

6/10, should've had more variety to enemies and should've had more areas so it wouldn't be so short.

Also whoever voiced Ethan sucks ass. You can tell sometimes he's trying to be witty and sarcastic but he just sounds so fucking dull and boring. Everyone else was mostly fine though.
>>
>>386452626

Holy shit this is terrible.
>>
REv4 is garbage. Is boring as fuck and it's too easy. Either snipe or don't play fr. REv5 was the GOAT and don't you ever disrespect that shit by saying it was bad because it was glitchy name a game to this day that isn't glitchy af at some moments in time? Yeah you cant because all games glitch out
>>
File: oscar.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
oscar.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
best re
>>
>>386470669
>>386470253
You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>386469239
>Limited saves.
Only on Madhouse.
>>
>>386442145
>complaining about having to adapt to a boss in an re game
What is William Birkin?
>>
File: REmake.jpg (100KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
REmake.jpg
100KB, 1280x720px
>We will never another survival horror game the quality of REmake ever again
>>
>>386473549
Silent Hill 3 is better.
>>
This game was pretty good. It has the same strengths and shortcomings as RE4. The Baker house and everything that happens in it is great, but once you leave for the boat it goes to shit.
>>
>>386470303
>a remake is always a good occasion to either improve or at least change things
True. But gutting the original gameplay and replacing it with the modern one from the latest installment would be a slap in the face to anyone who's played the original game. I love what they did with RE VII, but making RE2 remake first person only would just feel wrong. It wouldn't be a problem, if that's an unlockable feature though.

I hope that capcom will take the REmake route with this one.
>>
>>386441334

It was a step in the right direction. It was slower and the combat felt heavier, with ammunition being limited as opposed to the more arcadey approach of tps resi. I kinda disliked the lack of tension, attention to detail and difficulty of the puzzles. 7,5/10
>>
File: 1499874969100.gif (2MB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
1499874969100.gif
2MB, 350x260px
>>386473549
>shitty tank controls
>can't actually aim your fucking guns
>can only get headshots with randumb crits
>tedious backtracking
>dull combat with not scary zombies
>one hit from an enemy drops you to critical
>>
>>386470807

I prefer rev 1 to 2 especially the arcade mode and bossfights as the atmosphere. rev 2 had its moments but rev1 was way more consistent and the first resi i enjoyed after 4.

Rev 2 6.0
Rev 1 8
RE7 7,5
>>
>>386442145
U LIKED THE SHIP R U FUCKING RETARDED?!?! THAT SHIT WAS THE WORST PART BY FAR WITH ALL THE ANNOYING ENEMIES INCESSANT BACKTRACKING AND LACK OF SPOOKS
>>
>>386444882
For some reason, a lot of people seem to base their interest in a game on whether others liked it or hated it. Pretty stupid.
>>
>>386441334
I'm an autist for Resident Evil.

RE7 is a good game, just not a good Resident Evil game.

If REmake 2 is first person, I will lose the will to live.
>>
>>386475861
>CAPS LOCK FUCK YEAR
>>
>>386477415
>Just not a good Resident Evil game

but it's a fucking Resident Evil game in fucking everything but the camera perspective you autist
>>
i played it at release and there was a chris dlc that was teased at the end. did that ever come out?
>>
it made me feel really weird and i liked it. until the shit monsters came what made the game extremely boring
>>
>>386477734
Delayed indefinitely because it wasn't at a level of quality they wanted.
>>
>>386477725
Refer to >>386460901
>>
File: resident-evil-7-baker-family-01.jpg (123KB, 1200x695px) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-7-baker-family-01.jpg
123KB, 1200x695px
The fact that fags have to resort to how the game was marketed to explain why it's "actually shit" should be proof enough that the game is pretty good. As far as franchise reboots go this is one of the best.

And it's not like they ever planned to get rid of the old canon seeing as Vendetta was released mere months after RE7.
>>
>>386461334
But they wouldn't make sense for first-person, mate. No FPS game would be improved with tank controls.
>>
>>386477725
>Empty rooms everywhere
>Minor inventory managment
>1 enemy
>Literally only 1 real boss fight
>No ambiant music
>Worst intro in the entire series
>No corporation virus plot

Fuck off, your first RE game was probably 5.
>>
File: resi.jpg (470KB, 936x2528px) Image search: [Google]
resi.jpg
470KB, 936x2528px
>>
>>386478097
>no corporation virus plot

but there was, though. Or are you one of those people who thinks it needs Chris and Leon and Jill in every game for the story to matter?
>>
>>386478097

But there is you fucking dumbass.

Eveline is literally a B.O.W disease given human form.
>>
>>386474350
Well pre-rendered backgrounds are underrated I think, especially in a time where you could have avatar/Blizzard graphics.
I would be fine with third person again of course, but I think the combat should be improved, why can't it be something hard that requires skill and not because of how poorly and frustrating it is.
>>
>>386478358
>0 in good tier

It's fucking trash, though. The only way anyone can like that game is if they play on the easier difficulties, when you actually try to learn the game it falls apart and you really see how bad the game design truly is
>>
>>386478419
>but there was, though
Yeah, right at the end with nu-chris and it's just "lol we blue umbrella now!"
>>
I think first person RE can work with similar gameplay to RE 2 and 3. That would be GOAT if thats what they are gonna do with RE 8 if it comes out
>>
>>386478097
>Empty rooms everywhere
Well that's not true.
I can't think of one room that doesn't at least have an item note or monster in it.
>Minor inventory managment
Play madhouse
>1 enemy
4 enemies but the I do wish there was more.
>Literally only 1 real boss fight
Besides the last shit boss ever boss fight is a legit boss fight.
>No ambiant music
Yes there is.
>Worst intro in the entire series
only for replays but the first time it was interesting and scary.
Yes there was.
>>
>>386478553
>The only way anyone can like that game is if they play on the easier difficulties

I think you just need to git gud
>>
>>386478358
Where would 7 be?
>>
>>386478358
Umbrella Chronicles is a lot of fun, the files to find and read, the weapons, although the "choose your path" feature is so underutilized it might as well not even be there.
>>
>>386478732
Unironically, gimmick cash in tier
>>
>>386478691
>hurr durr git gud

I AM good at Resident Evil. Zero is fundamentally broken, but you're just gonna deflect because hurr durr becky is muh waifu xD
>>
File: 1501184231968.gif (1MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501184231968.gif
1MB, 360x270px
>>386478358
>5 in anything but god tier
>4 in anything but god tier
>Umbrella Chronicles shit tier
>>
File: Tentsu_case.jpg (155KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Tentsu_case.jpg
155KB, 1920x1080px
>>386478560
Yes there was you fucking retard.
What do you think made the Bakers into monsters in the first place?
>>
>>386474703
>shitty tank controls
Use the modern controls then
>can't actually aim your fucking guns
Most halls are a straight line, and if they aren't, I recall REmake having autoaim, like every other RE that wasn't on the N64
>can only get headshots with randumb crits
Or with a shotgun aimed up or a magnum
>tedious backtracking
This isn't the game series for you
>dull combat with not scary zombies
And spiders, snakes, hunters, sharks and other mutated monsters
>one hit from an enemy drops you to critical
If you're a pussy and play as Jill
>>
Fuck the fanbase, this game was better than the last two RE's combined.
>>
>>386474706
You have to actually be autistic to enjoy REv1. Shitty story and villains, no actual revelations, gameplay is trash, and the monsters aren't good in combat
>>
File: 1498848887805.jpg (34KB, 653x289px) Image search: [Google]
1498848887805.jpg
34KB, 653x289px
>>386478939
>There are people on this board who unironically think 4 and 5 are as good as REmake
>>
>>386479175
Seeing as 5 and 6 are both shit, that's not very hard.

7 is dogshit compared to Remake, 2, 3 and 4.
>>
>>386479207
>you have to be autistic
Stopped reading there. Try to make an actual argument, kiddo.
>>
I didn't like it much, in fact I found it to be quite the disappointment really.
>Opening is shit and killed any chances of me replaying it
>Normal is way too easy
>Hardest difficulty is locked behind beating the game, but like I said in the first point, made not want to replay it
>Aiming is shit
>Enemy design and variety were shit
>Story was shit
>Main Character (or lack there was) was shit
>Boss fights after the Jack's "death" were shit
>No to mention the worse final boss fight in the series outdoing 0
>Final hour or so was shit
>Jumpscares are way to prevalent
>Whenever Jack appeared in the house, I beat his ass with little no problem

Here are the positives
>Game actually looks spooky
>Jack
>Had some fun puzzles

Not the worse game in the series, but after saying they were going back to its roots, I was expecting a game with REmake qualities

>>386478358
>0 not in shit
Automatically false
>>
File: 1501392172789.jpg (2MB, 3510x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1501392172789.jpg
2MB, 3510x2000px
>>386452626
jesus christ dude
>>
>>386478358
Mine was better
See>>386452626
>>
File: 1499294551521.png (434KB, 571x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499294551521.png
434KB, 571x540px
>>386479274
I liked 7 better then 3.
>>
>>386479391
Fuck you
>>
>>386479303
>Stopped
Stopped reading there. Try to make an actual argument, kiddo
>>
File: the-evil-within-2-.png (342KB, 616x347px) Image search: [Google]
the-evil-within-2-.png
342KB, 616x347px
>>386479331
>I was expecting a game with REmake qualities
It's coming out soon.
>>
>>386479605
>no, u!
Hotly memed, junior. Hotly memed.
>>
>>386460190
RED
>>
>>386479496
Well you're wrong.
>>
>>386479695
DA BA DEE
DA BA BU DIE
>>
>>386469239

I'd say you're right but it has problems. Design problems more so than mechanics.

First, it's railroady as fuck. RE has always had an ultimately linear, single way to progress through the game but it still retained an open-ness that let you do a few things in whatever order, as well a few non-essential things to do that you could even opt out of. The way the house opened up to you was great and great things were implied with the trailer home as a central hub to stash shit and get upgrades, but it didn't last long enough.

Second, the NG+ is weak as fuck. RE games are usually great fun to play a second or even multiple times, but RE7 was just bad in that regard because there was so little to try differently. A huge volume of unskippable cutscenes is unforgivable in 2017. The enemy variety was just plain shallow, you'd think with people whining that 3rd person camera angles was a limitation, Capcom would find some interesting combat with third person, but they really dropped a ball on that one. At least the bosses were great, except the endgame one.

I enjoyed it but I didn't have fun at all attempting my madhouse run. I was flat-out bored, and I had fun running through RE1 and 2 a couple of times only recently.

It's a huge step in the right direction but it wasn't that fun. They focused maybe too hard on story, spooks, and presentation.
>>
>>386479857
Which is why I'm hoping them delaying "Not A Hero" is them taking the criticisms to heart and doing what they can to make the DLC better.
>>
>>386463434
Why did you put a shit game next to 4
>>
File: Clairewink.gif (807KB, 319x174px) Image search: [Google]
Clairewink.gif
807KB, 319x174px
>>386479659
>2 more months
Hope it'll be an improvement over the first.
>>
>>386452626
>Loving 5 and 6 more than 4

what the fuck? How?
>>
File: 1490302983929.jpg (266KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1490302983929.jpg
266KB, 600x800px
>>386480073
>>
>>386480090
It's called have a limited mental capacity
>>
>>386480090
RE5 had a story and RE6 had characters and gameplay.
>>
File: 1438106471450.jpg (40KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1438106471450.jpg
40KB, 512x288px
>>386480265
>RE5 had a story
>>
>>386480265
>RE5 had a story
A pretty terrible one.

>and RE6 had characters and gameplay.
Full of QTEs and Uncharted-tier action set pieces.
>>
>>386480443
>a pretty terrible one
It actually finished what CV set up, unlike 4 which killed Umbrella offscreen for Mikami's action game
>Full of QTEs
I played the PS4 port and the QTEs were on the level of RE4
>Uncharted-tore action set pieces
Good thing Uncharted has good setpieces
>>
>>386452626
>reading almost every novel and playing every spinoff but hasn't watched 4d executor
>>
>>386481305
I haven't had time, and it's barely canon, so I've been putting it off so I can watch Biohazard the Stage and Biohazard the Musical
>>
>>386481435
None of the books are canon
>>
File: 1488574582170m.jpg (88KB, 1024x688px) Image search: [Google]
1488574582170m.jpg
88KB, 1024x688px
>>386470807
I thought Barry's campaign was /k/ as fuck
>realize island is Russian
>slavshit all over the place
>Barry shows up with a 7.62x39 AR
amazing, never finished it though
>>
I want to start a happy family with Evelyn!
>>
>>386481543
Yeah, but you can read those, and don't require a TV and console or a PC rig.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (8KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
8KB, 228x221px
Not an hero fucking when Capcom?
>>
>>386481567

I'm still mad that Barry was never a playable character in any way in RE1 or Remake. He wasn't even in RE2 Extreme Battle or RE3 Mercs.

I didn't even like Rev1, I only got Rev2 because Barry was the alt. protag
>>
>>386481601
Don't fuck B.O.Ws
>>
>>386441334
Casual gamers loved it.
>>
File: 20170807_172235.jpg (81KB, 442x361px) Image search: [Google]
20170807_172235.jpg
81KB, 442x361px
>>386472396
...is confirmed canon.
>>
>>386480762
>It actually finished what CV set up, unlike 4 which killed Umbrella offscreen for Mikami's action game
All it did was kill off Wesker, nothing else. Steve is still in a freezer somewhere. Oh, and Wesker is apparently back, OFFSCREEN survival or some shit.
>>
It was meh, and the fact that CAPCOM silently cancelled the Chris DLC says a lot about how much of a fuck they give about it.
>>
>>386460901
>>First person perspective
Like Dead Aim, Survivor, & technically the Chronicle games?
>>Only one character
Clancy & Mia count.
>>
File: rock solid.jpg (35KB, 470x492px) Image search: [Google]
rock solid.jpg
35KB, 470x492px
>>386481809
Come and stop me little man.
>>
File: 1489463125602.png (30KB, 502x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489463125602.png
30KB, 502x600px
>>386481732
Same, he's my favorite in 1, especially since I replaced REmake's VA with 1's.
>>
>>386481984
CV came a DVD called "Wesker's Report" that show how he survived, also the Wii shooter actually lets you play through the scene after he "dies"
>>
It was very boring, again with all horror games once you die all tension is gone, they removed the subtle horror I think from the demo I never saw any new small things that creep me out like the manequins, puzzles were all trash, hey rotate this shit a couple times lol, you can run past shit so easily because those slime creatures don't give a shit, bosses were just sponges most of the time. Trash RE and trash game in general.
>>
>>386481984
>all it did was kill of Wesker
Did you play the game? The intro states that 'Umbrella is dead', and in Separate Ways, Wesker is who Ada works for and in the main game, Leon confirms she works for him.
Another anon already mentioned Wesker's Report, but to be fair, I believe it was limited release and exclusive to some countries.
>>
>>386482230
Dead Aim was third person with first person shooting. The survivor games were Guncom gimmick games, and the Chronicle games were motion control gimmick games
>>
>>386482341
>>386482428

I was quite clearly talking about his death in 5.
>>
>>386482365
Sounds like you just described the classic REs since you can run past everything and every monster is a bullet sponge.
Also dying in a horror game gets rid of tension? the fuck? would you rather not diying or something?
>>
File: 1501559429489.jpg (34KB, 427x300px) Image search: [Google]
1501559429489.jpg
34KB, 427x300px
>TFW playing REmake with original voice acting mod
>>
>>386481831
I thought casuals hated it since they didn't know how to resource management
>>
>>386482587
Oh, sorry, I thought you were talking about Wesker's first revival. Killing Wesker was important to the story and more important than everything in 4, it also revealed why Wesker wants to take over the world (in the DLC)
>>
>>386482657
Well it does because it just makes you redo a section again and you already know whats up, if they randomized certain elements after death nothing to big but small details it would make every respawn feel somewhat fresh.
>>
>>386482536
So? 1/2 of Dead Aim then, I already said TECHNICALLY Chronicles & 7 is what Survivor should've been.
>>
>>386482812
Every Let's Player has already played it and it gets overhyped by autists everywhere
>>
>>386482876
I fucking hate randomized shit in horror games.
Just having random shit happen takes away from the tight design.
Could you imagine how much you would lose from Remake it had randomized monsters? it would suck. .
>>
>>386482824
So what if 4 didn't do that? It set up the point that not every threat had to be Umbrella's dumb ass, not to mention revealing that there were things like the viruses that weren't entirely the progeny their backasswards crap.
>>
>>386482919
So then you should hate every game then because they've ALL been played by Let's Players & EVERYTHING has been overhyped by autists.
>>
>>386441334
no, resident evil isn't first person. the only good RE games are still 1-3
>>
>>386483068
I wouldn't say randomize monsters, maybe randomize monster locations, keep the same ammount and type but move them around a bit.
>>
File: 1496783854318.jpg (131KB, 878x768px) Image search: [Google]
1496783854318.jpg
131KB, 878x768px
>>386483220
>resident evil isn't first person.
Then how do you explain RE7?
>>
>>386483243

How about have certain areas stay the same, but non-essential areas like the Itchy Tasty room randomised?

Not procedurally generated, mind you. Something hand-designed, but swapped/jumbled around per full playthrough, along with enemies, items, and jumpscare locations.

It could make the exploring part of the game hard to get old and remain full of surprises and uncertainty while still being speedrunner friendly.
>>
File: RE3 Epilogues.jpg (239KB, 644x1210px) Image search: [Google]
RE3 Epilogues.jpg
239KB, 644x1210px
>>386483098
>it set up the point that not every threat had to be Umbrella's
Let's remember the ending lines of a few of the previous RE games
>Hey, it's up to us to take out Umbrella
>Umbrella's going down/Are you ready to finish this?
>It's payback time! We gotta destroy Umbrella, now, let's finish this once and for all!
Those lines are from RE2, 3 and CV. Then, RE4 shows up after REmake and 0 get put out, and goes away from the Umbrella story that has been talked up for years, and what doesn't help is the fact that it kills some of the story in the Epilogue Files of 3, like Jill trying to track down Chris, Barry leaving his family to help his comrades, Ada possibly not being Ada, Leon being forced into being a government agent, among others.
RE4 would've been better as a spinoff rather than a main title
>>
>>386441334
THIS ISN'T RESIDENT EVIL AND NEVER WILL BE!!! RE DIED AFTER PART 4 WHICH WAS A MASTERPIECE AND THE APEX OF SURVIVAL HORROR!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>386483498
Would be fun to have some enemies freely move around. At least the ones who can go through doors and most of the rooms.
>>
File: billy ten.jpg (114KB, 757x497px) Image search: [Google]
billy ten.jpg
114KB, 757x497px
>>386441334
oldfag reporting in. I've been playing them since I was a young teen when they first came out. Loved the game. Best game they made in years.
>>
>>386483845
Fuck off Slender man.
>>
>>386484016
Its nice to see oldfags aren't all bitter about new games.
>>
>>386481732
Barry was going to be a playable character in RE5 but no-game niggers cried about "RAYCISM".
>>
>>386483935

This is what I liked about DC1 the most. That, and the laser gates and air vents. I guess RE could use a miniboss that actually roams the map. I think Outbreak had something like that.
>>
>>386483831
It was fine as it was.
>>
>>386484260
& then Sheva was never heard from again.
>>
>>386484375
What does that even mean, what kind of pisspoor argument is that? You are the grand central station of disappointment
>>
>>386473423
>What is William Birkin?
A typical RE boss: shoot it until it dies, avoid getting hit.
>>
>>386484150
I'm old, not at all bitter about games just because they're "new", but RE7 was some of the most disappointing shit I've played in ages. A fine example of single-use-only crap.
>>
>>386441334
I'm not a fan. I like both the original survival horror RE's and the action RE's, but RE7 is just mediocre. It has many flaws but nothing that really stands out honestly. They tried to go back to more of the original style, but forgot the level design, enemy variety, boss fights, weapon and item balance, and the fun died down at the boat for me. First person didn't do anything for me either, though I feel that's because the game itself ain't that great.
>>
>>386484579
And you're any better complaining about them not having some stupid showdown when the series was still in its heavy survival horror trappings? That would have been stupid if it they all just went to some building Umbrella owned and fought the big wigs.
>>
When RE4 does something different, nobody bats an eye.
But when RE7 does something different, everyone loses their minds!
>>
>>386484771
Better than whatever the fuck RE4 was about, and Chris and Jill did take down Umbrella in the painfully average Umbrella Chronicles, and it worked perfectly and would've been fine in Resident Evil, seeing as RE3 and CV were basically action games
>>
>>386484889
Plenty were bothered with what RE4 was doing at the time.
>>
>>386441334
No just marketer-kun
>>
>>386484967
Like I said, RE4 established that not ever threat had to be Umbrella's faggotry
>>
File: KEKFIELD.png (155KB, 293x343px) Image search: [Google]
KEKFIELD.png
155KB, 293x343px
>>386479837
kek
>>
>>386484889
Many people bitched about RE4. People will still call it the downfall of RE. RE4 however stood on it's own as a fucking great game, RE7 doesn't.
>>
>>386484991
So once time passes, nobody's gonna give a shit about the 1st person like me?
>>
>>386485089
Except literally every other game before was setting up a game where they do take down Umbrella, and CV set up the fact that not every threat had to be Umbrella, as Wesker worked for a different company that wanted the T-Veronica virus.
And the "threat" in RE4 was a complete joke, much like the game's story and characters
>>
>>386485287
Some probably will. And of course that depends on whether Capcom sticks to it or not. While I didn't mind it, I would like to see something like the classic camera come back, even as an optional way to play it. I heard someone is trying to do that with RE7 as a mod, so it'd be neat to see as an official feature.
>>
>>386485287
Pretty much.
Every new RE gets hate for nothing since 4.
7 is already loved by many and that love will grow over time.
>>
File: Right hand.jpg (74KB, 300x852px) Image search: [Google]
Right hand.jpg
74KB, 300x852px
>>386485317
>And the "threat" in RE4 was a complete joke, much like the game's story and characters
Maybe for you.
>>
Resident Evil is nothing but derivative shit these days. Capcom just slaps the name on whatever.

Been playing it since 96 and watching it's decline. Played the RE Outlast clone demo and didn't want it. I've moved on.
>>
>>386485515
>maybe for you
>posts reddit-tier comic that uses actual lines from the game
The game is a joke and people like (You) make me dislike it even more than I already do. It stopped the series from having an actual ending and because of it, Umbrella was brought back, as killing off one of those two without ending the series is retarded
>>
>>386485287

I wouldn't be mad if they kept the first person if it meant they'd hold onto the design philosophy of the OG trilogy for any new games. Feature-wise, it's got everything except that its not fun enough to bother playing a second time.

But if they do first person for REmake 2, I'll be fucking pissed.
>>
>>386485593
The demo is nothing like the main game.
And its nothing like Outlast.
>>
>>386485734
Nice argument, bub.
>>
>>386485831
>And its nothing like Outlast.
RE7 would not exist if it weren't for Outlast. If you can't see the similarities, you're just an imbecile in denial.
>>
>>386485836
At least I had an argument
>>
>>386486008
Barely.
>>
>>386485241
Your response doesn't hold any bias at all.
>>
>>386485801
>But if they do first person for REmake 2
That means no tank controls so it'd be fine with me, RE didn't become playable until 4.
>>
>>386486026
So you acknowledge my argument was better than your's?
>>
>>386485978
RE7 has two stealth sections in the entire game.
And one of them is optional.
>>
>>386485978
The FULL GAME is nothing like outlast & the game wouldn't exist if it wasn't for VR, dumbass.
>>
>>386486096
RE4 had tank controls you fucking dumbass
>>
>>386486190
Did the demo have stealth? I don't remember there being any stealth in the demo.
>>
>>386486190
>VR
Which only you and two of your asshole buddies bothered with. Right.

7 borrows heavily from Outlast. Just because you add combat doesn't mean it's not a clone in it's visual design.
>>
>>386486096

imagine being so casual you cant play a casual game from the 90s
>>
>>386486518
He's 14 and doesn't know any better. leave him be.
>>
File: 1489808259151.gif (143KB, 545x524px) Image search: [Google]
1489808259151.gif
143KB, 545x524px
>>386486493
So one forced stealth section means its outlast? ok sure.
And what do you mean visual design? because your in a nasty dank abandoned shithole?
I guess Silent Hill is Outlast now....
>>
>>386486028
No shit. It's my opinion. I love RE4, and I find RE7 painfully mediocre.
>>
>>386486493
I don't fuck with VR. & you are painfully delusional.
>>
File: Resident_Evil-GCN-PAL.jpg (95KB, 640x908px) Image search: [Google]
Resident_Evil-GCN-PAL.jpg
95KB, 640x908px
>>386478358
>that awful American boxart

mate
>>
>>386485241
This. People still give RE4 shit to these days. In fact in almost every RE7 thread on this board you have shills going

>FUCK RE4 IS FOR DUDEBROS AND NORMIES WE'RE BACK TO REAL SURVIVAL HORROR
>>
>>386486138
No, because your "argument" is just that you didn't like RE4 because it didn't give some epic battle to Umbrella despite the series at the time not being about gigantic epic battles with people.
>>
File: ResidentEvil(2002)-BoxArt.jpg (126KB, 1002x706px) Image search: [Google]
ResidentEvil(2002)-BoxArt.jpg
126KB, 1002x706px
>>386486973
EU one was the worst desu, also why doesn't it have the 'only for' tag in the lop left when REmake never left GameCube during the 6th gen.
>>
>>386487148
Maybe its because RE4 isn't a horror game?
Not a bad game just not a horror game.
And yes I would rather play horror games.
>>
>>386487148
What if I like both?
>>
File: re4-iron-maiden.jpg (69KB, 640x850px) Image search: [Google]
re4-iron-maiden.jpg
69KB, 640x850px
>>386487497
How is RE4 not a horror game?
>>
I liked the first half way better than the second half. The start in the house is great. Everything starts going downhill from there. The mother's area is good, but not as good as the manor. The son's area is better than the mother's area, by far, but it's super short.

The fight with the mutated father in the barn or whatever was pretty bad and is where everything goes downhill. After that it's shit.
>>
File: XANA-Jeremie.png (619KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
XANA-Jeremie.png
619KB, 720x540px
>>386487513
Impossible!
Not logical!
>>
>>386487317
eu>jp>usa

although maybe it just suits my taste as a euro.

I dunno why it does't have the tag I just googled
>>
File: Overtime Denied.png (940KB, 1240x918px) Image search: [Google]
Overtime Denied.png
940KB, 1240x918px
>>386487613
Not him, but you can't honestly consider the game horror through and through, right? Sure, first time play-throughs are pretty tense with the weaker weapons and initial health caps, but even then the campy nature of the dialogue and over-the-top segments like running from boulders and knife fighting some other dude pretty much kill any sense of dread in the game for the most part. I still liked it all the same, but I'd hardly call it a full on horror game.
>>
>>386484150
most of these people are probably in their 20's. Once you hover 40 it's easier to see what the game is , as opposed to what you want it to be.
>>
>>386487317

Not him, but minimalism, nigga. Sometimes less is more. The US version is clearly trying to make a summary of the game to cater to retards who won't even read the back before making a decision. It doesn't even hold a candle to the original RE1 box art, or even the regional versions of RE2 and 3. At least the Euro version has an air of mystery about it with spoopy zombies on the back.

That said, I think the Jap version of the box is the superior one of them all, if only it wasn't for all the fucking clutter they put on top of perfectly fine cover art.
>>
>>386487773
But the EU cover is just a black void with the title scribbled on and some "blood" on it. Feels like those placeholder cases you see in Gamestop and on websites for a game with no cover yet.
>>
>>386487934
>The US version is clearly trying to make a summary of the game to cater to retards who won't even read the back before making a decision.
Now that's just reaching. It's hardly "trying" when it shows a woman fending off a zombie.
>>
>>386487282
>despite the series at the time not being about gigantic epic battles with people
Did you even play any of the games outside of RE1?
RE2 ended with an insane battle against Mr X, and capped it off with G-Birkin showing up and consuming the escape car
RE3 ended with Nemesis consuming the previous monsters of the series and being taken down with a rail canon and having Jill pump him full of magnum rounds before escaping with Barry Burton.
RECVX ended with Chris fighting a mutated Alexia to opera music and then fighting Wesker right after
RE0 had Rebecca and Billy kill a gian leech monster, and all of these games ended with the hub area you were just in exploding
>>
>>386488327
Those were MONSTERS, buddy, not people. The point is that the games weren't about battling normal people with normal weapons like guns. Even then, most people didn't even play RE for the story, that was just extra flavor to the setting and scary monsters.
>>
>>386488452
>the point is that the games weren't about batlting normal people
Then just have people on the level of Wesker, Marcus or Alexia. Hell, a guy like Birkin would've been fine.
>people didn't play RE for the story
But your game series still needs a villain. RE4 threw out the main villain organization and caused more harm than good for the series. Would've been better if Capcom pulled a DMC and just canned the series before RE4 could come out.
>>
>>386488063

If they wanted to show Jill fighting a zombie they could have at least done something more dynamic instead of stiff and awkward like it was posed with action figures, with Jill maybe looking scared shitless instead of bored. Maybe a different angle, or an entirely different composition of Jill struggling with a zombie. There's tons of art and animation schools in the US that teach these fundamentals of making an interaction between two characters interesting. It could have even been hand-painted, with a more striking colour palette like the RE4 Euro boxart.

It's dull. There's no artistic flair to it whatsoever. It's little more than a halfassed diorama bullshot. It's shit. It's just total taste-free shit. Even the cover art for Dino Crisis was completely fucked over for the US version.
>>
>>386488714
>RE4 threw out the main villain organization and caused more harm than good for the series
Maybe for you, not everyone.

And it was better when it wasn't maniacal villains like Wesker, just the monsters getting out of hand.
>>
>>386488756
It's hardly that fucking bad. And Jill looks pretty scared despite her hair blocking most of upper face.
>>
>>386488917
>maybe for you, not everyone
I thought everybody hated RE5, 6, ORC, UC and most of Revelations? RE4 was the direct cause of all of those. RE4 threw out the villain, and people wanted the villain back, which caused Tricell, the Wesker Children, The Family, and the gameplay that apparently was bad when it wasn't in RE4.
Also, you're just wrong. The series was better when it was villains like Wesker, as they were memorable and good. People will rmemeber Wesker more than anything from RE4, despite that being the one retards suck off all the time
>>
File: BoulderPunch.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
BoulderPunch.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>386487873
>running from boulders
Why would you ever run from a boulder?
>>
>>386441475
>nu-gamer
lets play a game : SPOT THE MANCHILD
>>
>>386489213
>RE4 threw out the villain
Except it didn't, Wesker was in there, just not the lead villain. Seriously, all RE4 did was skip over the big battle with Umbrella, who were barely the main villains once Neo-Wesker came Matrixing into everything in CV.

>>386489213
>RE4, despite that being the one retards suck off all the time
Way to fucking kill your argument by just insulting people, bub.
>>
>>386489564
>except it didn't, wesker was in there
A brief mention in Leon's campaign, and you actually saw him when a competent writer wrote Separate Ways
>all RE4 did was skip over the big battle with Umbrella
The big battle that the series had hyped up since the second game.
>who were barely the main villains once Neo-Wesker came Matrixing into everything in CV
What company was the Ashford family tied to? Umbrella. Who did Chris say he was going to take down at the end of CV? Umbrella. Who caused everything in Raccoon City? Umbrella.
Also, Matrix Wesker only happened in the CVX rerelease, in CV he just showed up to talk to Alexia and get his ass kicked.
>way to fucking kill your argument
At least I had one
>>
>>386490061
Not really, no. All you seem to be doing is "RE4 is dumb because it didn't have the big battle. And I hate it because the fans like it", get over your fucking self.
>>
>>386490226
Still better than your argument. I didn't like RE4 because it threw out the big bad organization, ruined two of the RE3 epilogues, caused the series to turn to shit, caused the worst subgenre in existence, added QTEs to RE, and caused fags like you to exist.
>>
>>386490432
>caused the series to turn to shit
That's an opinion, not an argument.

>caused fags like you to exist
Once again, destroying your argument with petty insults. Congrats, you're a twat.
>>
>>386441334
It wasn' t a Resident Evil, so no.
>>
>>386490560
What was it?
>>
>>386490683
Resident Evil
>>
>>386490534
>that's an opinion, not an argument
But you have to argue to justify your opinion or prove your opinion is more correct. Also, I thought /v/ didn't like RE5, 6, ORC, UC or Revelations? I like 5, 6 and Revelations (kind of), bit those are awful games apparently, and RE4 was the cause of them.
>once again, destroying your argument with petty insults
I'm waiting for you to make an argument, which might be more than I should expect from you
>>
>>386490560
I guess RE4 wasn't a Resident Evil either?
>>
>>386441334
I liked it. Limiting controls and item scarcity were great. I didn't like the first-person angle, though.
>>
>>386486227
Do you have any idea what tank controls are
>>
>>386490765
And yet all you've argued is that you don't like how RE4 dropped Umbrella. Big whoop. As I said, plenty of people didn't even care for the story so it didn't matter to many of them. Hell, some weren't keen on Wesker even when he was just slightly superhuman in CV, they were fine with just whoever was the big monster (or about to become one) in the game they were playing. While RE4 may have been the "cause" of the series becoming more action-oriented, it's hardly the reason most of them didn't turn out as well. That fault lies in the hands of the teams behind them and not putting in as much of the polish RE4 had.
>>
>>386491116

not him but its like controlling an RC tank. Which is fucking exactly what RE4 is like. You use only the D-Pad or one stick to move forward, backward, and turn left/right. There is no strafing.
>>
>>386486096
>Up moves forward
>right turns right
>left turns left
>back is reverse
This was difficult for you? Christ alive.
>>
>>386491116
Not him, but RE4 is just tank controls but without the fixed camera angles.
>>
>>386491116
Please explain what you think tank controls are.
>>
>>386491170
>And yet all you've argued is that you don't like how RE4 dropped Umbrella
Because that is an issue to have. Why do you think Umbrella was brought back in VII? Why do you think Umbrella's End is even a chapter in Umbrella Chronicles? Why was Tricell even in 5? Why was The Family in RE6? People did care that Umbrella was killed offscreen, because the series no longer had a point or a story outside of Wesker, and your laughable idea of a threat in 4 was forgotten by everybody.
>it's hardly the reason most of them didn't turn out as well
RE5 is just RE4 with a story and characters and a better ending half. People didn't like it because it came out after more TPS-horror games came out, which were all shit, but people became accustomed to walking while aiming, and RE5 retained 4's mechanics.
That, and there is probably some nostalgia there. Majority of people owned a PS2, and who wants to play some spinoff when RE4 is going to come out? RE4 may have looked good ten years ago, but it isn't good today.
>the polish re4 had
I'd like to know where that was after the village. The castle and island were just awful
>>
>>386441334
Yes. Where the fuck's muh free Chris DLC?
>>
>>386441334
has capcom ever released a statement as to why they don't rerelease or make hd remakes of RE 2 and 3? I honestly see no reason why they wouldn't
>>
>>386491731
>and your laughable idea of a threat in 4 was forgotten by everybody.
Hardly, plenty of people remember Adam Saddler, and enjoyed his corny villainy. Also, the series had plenty of point without Umbrella, as RE4 showed that there can be bio-terror threats without Umbrella.

>RE5 is just RE4 with a story and characters and a better ending half
Not for everyone. Most people did not care for the painfully obvious possessed Jill subplot, or the entire stupidity that is the volcano battle with Wesker.

>The castle and Island were just awful
The castle was just fine, just as good as the village. The island wasn't terrible, but certainly didn't have quite as good a progression to it as the previous halves did. The place where Krauser is fought easily could have been somewhere in the castle, given how it resembled a kind of ruined fortress.
>>
>>386489267
>not hitting boulders with your manly fists
>>
>>386492237
>plent of people remember adam saddler and enjoyed his corny villainy
That's a weird way to say Salazar. Saddler was a boring generic priest with no punchline or joke other than Leon say 'Saddler, you're small time' once.
>the series had plenty of point without umbrella
Which is why right after RE4 they made Wesker the head of an evil organization, released 2 rail shooters that summarize the series plot with a bit of extra content, and RE4 had no relevance to the series outside of where the gameplay for the later games came from
>not for everyone
If you have nostalgia goggles blinding your vision, sure
>most people did not care for the painfully obvious possessed Jill subplot, or the entire stupidity that is the volcano battle with Wesker.
Which is why RE5 is the best selling game in the series and has more memorable moments than 4, and the reason why DC Douglas is synonymous with Wesker.
>the castle was just fine, just as good as the village
No it wasn't. A straight line with enemies just tossed wherever and no point to exist isn't fun, it's a drag on replays. You could cut out that entire section and lose nothing.
>the island wasn't terrible
Yes it was.
>>
File: RebeccaNurse.jpg (96KB, 700x1300px) Image search: [Google]
RebeccaNurse.jpg
96KB, 700x1300px
Would you buy RE8 if Rebecca was the protagonist?
>>
>>386492661
>and RE4 had no relevance to the series outside of where the gameplay for the later games came from
Except it got a prequel chapter in the first rail game to set up the origins of one of the villains, not to mention paving the way for the viruses used in both RE5 and 6.

>nostalgia goggles
Hardly the case here. Some people were turned off by the last half of RE5, and still are. Nostalgia has nothing to do with that.

>No it wasn't. A straight line with enemies just tossed wherever and no point to exist isn't fun, it's a drag on replays. You could cut out that entire section and lose nothing.
You do realize RE5 and 6 were also "straight lines" as well, right? The castle had plenty of point to exist and was fun for many who played it. Certainly didn't drag for me replaying it.

And no, the island wasn't terrible. It was weaker than the castle, but hardly the worst level seen in the series.
>>
>>386441334
Gaming is dead
>>
File: Rebecca trip.png (242KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Rebecca trip.png
242KB, 480x640px
>>386492762
For some reason I read that "if Rebecca was pregnant?"

I would
>>
File: RebeccaWedding.jpg (185KB, 500x850px) Image search: [Google]
RebeccaWedding.jpg
185KB, 500x850px
>>386493334
Why not both?
>>
>>386493105
>except it got a prequel chapter in the first rail game to set up the origins of one of the villains
The second rail game, Darkside Chronicles came out after Umbrella. And I keep forgetting he's there because actual characters are running around
>not to mention paving the way for the viruses used in both RE5 and 6
Regrettably
>hardly the case here
It is the case
>some people were turned off by the last half of RE5 and still are
The last half of RE5 isn't too good, still better than RE4's, but it has a good final boss, unlike RE4.
>you do realize RE5 and 6 were also "straight lines" as well, right?
Yeah, but they were straight lines with story and characters that had actual drama that was interesting.
>the castle had plenty of point to exist
To drag out the game because they realized that Saddler couldn't carry a whole game
>hardly the worst level seen in the series
The only levels I can think of that are worse than it (main series only) are the lab in RE0 and everything that wasn't ripped from RE1 in VII
>>
>>386493750
>It is the case
It isn't. I'm not saying the volcano was bad out of nostalgia, nor are plenty of other people. Some of us genuinely disliked it.

>The last half of RE5 isn't too good, still better than RE4's, but it has a good final boss, unlike RE4.
All opinion, mate.

>Yeah, but they were straight lines with story and characters that had actual drama that was interesting.
Again, opinion. RE4 may have been corny, but people did like it. And many found the battle with Saddler quite good.

>To drag out the game because they realized that Saddler couldn't carry a whole game
No, to add to the story since Salazar was the apparent leader of the area who allowed Saddler to dig up the las plagas.
>>
>>386494064
>it isn't
Dislike the final section of RE5 all you want, people saying RE4 is better than it are most likely talking out of nostalgia, like when someone says Goldeneye 64 holds up or Starfox on the SNES is comparable to other Star Fox games.
>all opinion, mate
And opinions are rationalized and used in arguments, because not all opinions are equal.
>again, opinion
Better than your opinion clearly
>and many found the battle with Saddler quite good
If they're braindead and shit at video games
>no, to add to the story
Drag it out, and they don't really establish the additional ""story"" outside of files.
>reddit spacing
Disgusting
>>
File: 555.jpg (15KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
555.jpg
15KB, 600x375px
>>386494641
>responding to someone using Neoplebbitgaf spacing
>>
>>386441334
I liked it
>>
>>386494641
>Dislike the final section of RE5 all you want, people saying RE4 is better than it are most likely talking out of nostalgia, like when someone says Goldeneye 64 holds up or Starfox on the SNES is comparable to other Star Fox games.
Guess what? People can like things that old. Hell, you clearly like RE5 and that game is nearly 10 years old now.

>because not all opinions are equal.
Except most are, especially when it comes to video games and what ones people enjoyed/didn't like.

>better than your opinion, clearly
Believe what you want, doesn't make you right.

>If they're braindead and shit at video games
Again, you're not helping your argument by insulting people like some child.

>Drag it out, and they don't really establish the additional ""story"" outside of files.
Which you find in the castle by exploring it.

>>reddit spacing
Nobody fucking cares how people space, doesn't affect the argument whatsoever.
>>
>>386495147
>guess what? people can like things that old
Except they're deeply flawed games that have been improved to the point where they can be ignored.
>except most are
You do sound like you're from Reddit.
>believe what you want, doesn't make you right
You're trying to say Saddler was a good villain. My opinion has a 99.9% chance of being better than your own
>again, you're not helping your argument by insulting people like some child
I wasn't wrong
>which you find in the castle by exploring it
The files are left near typewriters in plain site most of the time, they may as well just already be in your inventory
>nobody fucking cares how people space, doesn't affect the argument whatsoever
Your spacing shows your character and where you're from. Maybe you should go back
>>
>>386463434
Without nitpicking? Not possible.
>>
>>386491931
2 is getting a remake though. If it's successful, then we may get one for 3. Other than that, they haven't really thought about hd ports.
>>
>>386495570
>Except they're deeply flawed games that have been improved to the point where they can be ignored.
That's just stupid. Sure, many games have improved over things done in older games, but that hardly means the older games are no longer worth playing.

>You do sound like you're from Reddit.
Not an argument, and not like you're making yourself sound any better with shitty accusations that have no relevance to the argument.

>You're trying to say Saddler was a good villain. My opinion has a 99.9% chance of being better than your own
Now that's plain delusional. You don't have to agree with me about Saddler being good, but you're clearly fucked in the head if you think that kind of logic is the least bit reasonable.

>I wasn't wrong
You are when you can't come up with a better argument like "This boss had better patterns" or "the difficulty was greater", you know, something that's actually an ARGUMENT?

>Your spacing shows your character and where you're from. Maybe you should go back
No it doesn't. I prefer spacing because that's how people who write normally type. Jesus Christ, are you really going to act like some sperg over fucking spacing of all things?
>>
>>386495732
Even with nitpicking you can't find any flaws with REmake desu.
>>
>>386496391
No Jill shower scene.
That's a flaw.
>>
>>386495946
>that's just stupid
Why would I play Goldeneye 64 in this day and age, despite people on imageboards yammering on about how good it is?
>that hardly means the older games are no longer worth playing
They're outdated. And it's not just because they're older games. Wolfenstein and Doom still hold up, while Goldeneye 64 doesn't. RE4 doesn't hold up compared to better TPS-horror games
>not an argument
It wasn't meant to be an argument. It's what I've noticed throughout this whole chain of posts.
>now that's plain delusion
Thinking Saddler was good is delusion
>something that's actually an ARGUMENT?
Calm down on the caps lock, I was giving out arguments like candy earlier, and your response was just 'Lol no', and now you want arguments?
>no it doesn't
Yes it does
>I prefer spacing because that's how people who write normally type
This isn't a formal essay. You're arguing with a faceless, nameless fag on the internet who is probably on the other side of the world. Only retards waste time spacing, and even then, you do it wrong half the time.
>are you really going to act like some sperg over fucking spacing of all things
I thought insults weren't allowed? Also, how long have you been here? People sperg out for less
>>
>>386496391
The cave section sucks.
>>
I'm just saying, you'd be hard pressed to find a game with VA better than RE7
>>
So I just got in here, is the whole thread these two people having an argument?

Also can someone tell me if the game is worth like $30? I've been looking but idk if I'm willing to pay $40 that it's running for now.
>>
>>386496638
The part with Lisa in the caves or the above ground part with the spider?
>>
>>386496638
it's like, 10 minutes long
>>
>>386496769
Most of the second half of this thread is me and a redditor having an argument.
Don't buy VII. Emulate the RE Deadly Silent, then the GCN games, then the PS2 games and Survivor. Go on from there
>>
File: Hmm.gif (922KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.gif
922KB, 500x290px
>>386496769
Well you can pirate it if you're worried about wasting money. Just saying.
>>
>>386496769
Definitely worth 30 bucks in my opinion. Get it if you liked Bioshock or System Shock back in the day.
>>
File: questionable.jpg (37KB, 177x278px) Image search: [Google]
questionable.jpg
37KB, 177x278px
>>386497012
>Recommending 0
>>
File: th07DFUFP0.jpg (9KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
th07DFUFP0.jpg
9KB, 250x250px
>>386497012
>>
>>386497012
I've played those and I have a hard time accepting the opinion of someone who's so far up his ass he'll have an argument for this long. So no thanks

>>386497072
True, I kinda wanted to play on PS4 though. I'll see

>>386497134
I sure did, so I think I will.
>>
File: Resident-Evilu00AE-Image-Two.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Resident-Evilu00AE-Image-Two.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
>>386497236
Because 7 is garbage for nu-gamers, a single screen shot of a GameCube game holds more atmosphere and tension than anything in 7.
>>
>>386497367
Hey, the only reason I sounded like a cunt after the first few posts was because they guy kept complaining about calling people retards.
>>
>>386496825
The part with the lever and the boulders.
Went on forever and was boring.
>>
So ethan clearly works for umbrella right?
>>
>>386497491
k
>>
>>386497493
stop.
>>
>>386441334
It's just not Resident Evil.
>>
File: 1489114712473.jpg (2MB, 2100x4235px) Image search: [Google]
1489114712473.jpg
2MB, 2100x4235px
>>386497491
Love this old fag mentality that if RE7 isn't as good as Remake then its crap.
Also RE7 has atmosphere up the ass.
>>
>>386497695
highly debateable
>>
>>386496609
>Why would I play Goldeneye 64 in this day and age
Because it's still a good game. Maybe you don't see it as such, but there are those who do.

>Wolfenstein and Doom still hold up, while Goldeneye 64 doesn't. RE4 doesn't hold up compared to better TPS-horror games
That's all opinion, though, not fact.

>Thinking Saddler was good is delusion
No, it's opinion.

>and your response was just 'Lol no', and now you want arguments?
No they weren't. I gave my own arguments and you just said "but it's stupid and ruined the story" over and over.

Nobody cares about spacing, but hey, fine. If you're just going to fixate on irrelevant things to the argument, fine. It doesn't devalue what I've said in the least.
>>
>>386497491
REmake's zombie moans are damn spooky.
>>
File: 2017-02-12.jpg (479KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-12.jpg
479KB, 1920x1080px
>>386497706
Nice looking game
>>
File: 61612922_p0.jpg (331KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
61612922_p0.jpg
331KB, 600x685px
>>386497695
So are you an old fag who hates everything after CV?
Or do you like 4 and maybe 6?
Because if your the latter then you have no right to complain.
>>
dat photogrammetry tho
>>
File: 2017-01-30 (20).jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-01-30 (20).jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>386497801
>because it's still a good game
No it isn't. It was, back in the late 90s, but today you can't call it that, especially when you have to use the godawful N64 controller
>that's all opinion, though, not fact
Stop using 'opinions!' to block off actual discussion. If you wanted just facts, go to wikipedia, opinions are the butter of arguments, where facts are the bread.
>no, it's opinion
And delusion. People can have the opinion that clothes aren't needed, doesn't mean they're right
>you just said "but it's stupid and ruined the story" over and over
Because you weren't actually debunking anything, you just kept saying 'People didn't care anyway', with nothing to back that statement up, while I backed up what I said by bringing up what the later games did and what they're currently doing, by making new evil companies and bringing back Umbrella.
>nobody cares about spacing
Go back
>it doesn't devalue what you said
Yeah, you do that yourself
>>
File: 1489239940701.jpg (35KB, 480x568px) Image search: [Google]
1489239940701.jpg
35KB, 480x568px
>>386498178
Can they use the RE engine for RE2 Remake?
Its such a good engine but I do wonder if it can work for tank controls.
>>
>>386498404
It won't work with anything that isn't first person. Built from the ground up for VR
>>
>>386497491
>>386497695

I don't really get this "garbage for nu-gamers" or "not Resident Evil" business. Yeah, the first half hour or so of the game is a walking simulator and that's a shame, and yeah the level design and enemy types aren't as complex or diverse as the classics it claims to draw from. HOWEVER, I do think 7 is a logical step back towards the series' horror heritage relative to where the series has been for some time now, namely in that it's basically a Revelations game with less action and more resource management. I don't know how anyone who claims to love the classic games won't jump for joy with 7 considering the games that immediately predate it. Compared to 5 and 6 it might as well be an honest return to form, if not a slightly undercooked one. I guess if you're in it for the goofiness and absurd plotlines then it's a relative disappointment but even then the Bakers still have some of that about them. In terms of raw gameplay though? This is the most quintessentially RE the series has been in almost 15 years, which can say what you will about the last 15 years but still.
>>
>>386498305
>but today you can't call it that
Except you can. And you can emulate it using a more preferable controller.

>stop using opinions!
Why? It's not blocking discussion, it's calling what many of your "points" are, opinions. You're free to believe they're fact, but they aren't.

>and delusion
No, it's just opinion. You're analogy doesn't work with this kind of discussion.

>Go back
Not an argument.

>Yeah, you do that yourself
And clearly we're done here if you're just going to act like a little child and attacking something completely irrelevant to the discussion.
>>
>>386498576
I thought the first portion of the game worked well for thematic purposes. And that Mia fight on Madhouse is tense
>>
File: Sherry's clothes.png (1MB, 900x1317px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry's clothes.png
1MB, 900x1317px
>>386498509
>Built from the ground up for VR
Except it wasn't. The game was already 2 years into development before VR became a considered feature of the game.
>>
File: 1486513807313.jpg (12KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
1486513807313.jpg
12KB, 236x236px
>>386498576
Its just a meme bro.
RE7 is a bran new RE that is close to the classics but still its own thing.
It being new and diffrint means it gets all the shit and branded not RE from retards.
>>
>>386498791

Chainsaw Mia is the hardest thing about Madhouse by far unless you're doing a no post-game unlock run.
>>
File: Sherry.webm (2MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry.webm
2MB, 960x540px
>>386498795
Sherry is not for lewd.
>>
>>386498917
You can do that? I thought all new games always acted like NG+ with the unlocks and you just could choose to ignore them, which I imagine some do since nothing is forced into your inventory.
>>
File: Sherry's booty.jpg (397KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry's booty.jpg
397KB, 1366x768px
>>386498950
With an ass like that, she is.
>>
>>386499045

That's what I mean, just not using them because you're fucking insane. I mean, that would include the defense buffs.
>>
File: Sherry-RE6.webm (3MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry-RE6.webm
3MB, 852x480px
>>386499140
Delete this.
Reminder Sherry is a mere child in RE2.
>>
>>386498707
>and you can emulate it using a more preferable controller
That means it didn't age well and is outdated. A game like Half-Life I can still play with no mods or attachments and without needing to do anything, I can just start it and enjoy it. With Goldeneye, it is clearly dated, and nostalgia deludes people into thinking it isn't.
>it's not blocking discussion
Except it is. You don't delve into how I'm wrong, you just write it off as opinions and move on and defend yourself by just saying it's opinions. How about I do this
>RE4 is good
Opinions
>RE4 holds up
Opinions
>Goldeneye holds up
Opinions
>Spacing is irrelevant
Opinions
>but they aren't
Opinions
>you're analogy
That spacing sure is helping you out, sure makes what you've written look like a formal essay
>not an argument
It was a suggestion that I think everybody would agree with
>attacking something completely irrelevant to discussion
I already said irrelevant, I acknowledged it once, you brought it up, so I keep bringing it up because I know I'm right and every post you make makes me look more right in that you should go back
>>
>>386499330
>implying RE4 doesn't hold up
>>
>>386441334
The only games I dislike in the entire series is 6 and Revelations 2.

I liked 7 and I hope for more "anthology" type games that have few connections to the series beyond BOW themes. I don't mind horror or action honestly as long as it's well done.
>>
>>386499330
>That means it didn't age well and is outdated.
No, it just means some people, such as yourself didn't prefer the controller.
>>
File: Darkside Chronicles ass.png (656KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Darkside Chronicles ass.png
656KB, 1024x576px
>>386499306
A child inspired to follow in the ways of ASS by a great woman.
>>
File: hqdefault-25.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-25.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>386499479
>Implying RE4 holds up
>>
File: You always know a Working Joe.jpg (45KB, 672x721px) Image search: [Google]
You always know a Working Joe.jpg
45KB, 672x721px
>>386500073
>my shitty screen grab proves you're wrong!
>>
File: 1502102351315.jpg (48KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
1502102351315.jpg
48KB, 640x478px
GameCube or Wii version of RE4?
>>
File: blackGoo.jpg (361KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blackGoo.jpg
361KB, 1280x720px
>>386441334
They didn't learn from condemded 2 that black goo is stupid.
>>
>>386500073
I think he is implying that because it does hold up.
>>
>>386500574
condemded 2 is awesome fuck you.
>>
>>386500732
Its black goo levels of shit
>>
>>386441396
This game is average at best. Easy and predictable. I just couldn't help but feel like its some cheap horror movie.
>>
>>386500732
Up until the cabin, then it goes to shit after with the SCREAMO shit
>>
>>386500732
until they introduced the dbz superpower shit
>>
>>386500518
Wii version is way easier because of pointer aiming. The new HD remaster is the best version, even if it's barely a remaster.
>>
>>386497706
This game just looks so fucking nice. Easily up there with REmake as far as the visual aesthetic goes.
>>
>>386501575
Yeah, looks great.
>>
File: 1464287351115.jpg (12KB, 292x282px) Image search: [Google]
1464287351115.jpg
12KB, 292x282px
>/v/ has become so contrarian that it's not shitting on RE4

You sad fucks.
>>
>>386502262
>/v/ is contrarian because it's not shitting on one of the most acclaimed games of all time

Shitposting is a hell of a drug.
>>
File: o64r4iH.png (288KB, 768x284px) Image search: [Google]
o64r4iH.png
288KB, 768x284px
>>386502262
Contrarian would be the exact opposite seeing as Resident Evil 4 is one of the highest rated games of all time.
>>
>>386502262
>it's contrarian if it's opinion I don't have!
>>
File: 1446585017493.jpg (31KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1446585017493.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>386502262
Good work, you deserve this
>>
File: Sherry big butt.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Sherry big butt.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
>>
>>386501116
>>386501267
That's the last fucking level stop acting like this happened half way.
>>
>>386504884
Doesn't matter. Story was still shit before that. The factory with the dolls? Complete shit. The game is inferior to the original
>>
>>386505189
I agree its not as good as the original but its still fucking awesome.
The apartment level is god tire.
And the combat was even better then one,
Also the doll factory was great fun if a bit silly.
>>
File: 1485405200370.png (264KB, 459x418px) Image search: [Google]
1485405200370.png
264KB, 459x418px
>>386497695
It's as much Resident Evil as Code Veronica is.

Also, fuck everyone who hated it, and fuck everyone who shits on the VR without ever having tried it.
>>
>>386505620
The VR was godly.
Some of the most intense horror with VR I have ever had
>>
>>386505620
>It's as much Resident Evil as Code Veronica is.
Not a very good compliment seeing as CV is the weakest of the classics.
>>
>>386505802
CV was the most different, but still very good.
>>
>>386505732
>Some of the most intense horror with VR
What other horror titles have you played with VR?
Thread posts: 499
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.