[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rayman 1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: raymancoverpsx.jpg (173KB, 980x984px) Image search: [Google]
raymancoverpsx.jpg
173KB, 980x984px
Is this the best side scroller platformer ever?
>that music
>that beautiful 2d graphic design
>that challenge
>powerups

The only weak point of the game was perhaps being forced to collect every single cage since some of them were in bullshit locations.
>>
>>386439230
That ain't Donkey Kong Country
>>
>>386439230
No, the game has awful level design, it's also cryptic and the last boss is disappointing, difficulty curve is sudden and steep with bandland, i don't know why people hold it in such a high regard, only good parts about it is the OST and artstyle

Just about every other platforming Rayman game is better
>>
>>386439515
>bandland
have you tried playing the game with both hands?
>>
File: PencilPentathlon2.jpg (32KB, 1250x100px) Image search: [Google]
PencilPentathlon2.jpg
32KB, 1250x100px
>>386439515
>curve
more like zigzag
literally everything about skops' caves was a thousand times easier than picture city
>>
Bongo Hills is the casual filter of Rayman.

Picture City is genuinely shit though. So many shrinking puzzles.
>>
File: 1500798140264.png (378KB, 911x763px) Image search: [Google]
1500798140264.png
378KB, 911x763px
Is somebody played the community-made levels from Gold and Forever?
>>
>>386441262
bongo hills is only bad because you still don't have the helicopter at that point in the game
having more control over your jumps makes the game much easier
>>
>>386441454
I never downloaded any levels but I made plenty of my own as a kid in Rayman Gold.
>>
>>386441454
yes
getting every Thing in a level is even more cancerous than every cage in the game
>>
>>386441848
Umm
Excuse me, anon
They're TINGS, not things
>>
>>386441995
ok
>>
>>386439515
I honestly remember the platforming looking really slow and pretty dull, is this true at all? My friend owned it and we never got super into it really.
>>
the gba version of 3 was better imo
>>
>>386442260
It's not THAT bad. You don't really build up momentum when walking. Only on certain paths do you build up speed.
Normally, you don't even run.
That fine though. The levels are designed around that.
It's worth a shot if you never beat it. It's well designed and challenging.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.