[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obligatory PUBG thread. Anyone else struggling to go back to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 1502025778652.jpg (164KB, 1596x781px) Image search: [Google]
1502025778652.jpg
164KB, 1596x781px
Obligatory PUBG thread.

Anyone else struggling to go back to 3PP after playing FPP? Everything about the game changes when you play in FPP. I play with two friends normally, and switching from duo FPP to squad 3PP is painful.

How long until PUBG sells 7 million copies? It has already outsold BotW and HZD combined, is PUBG the unstoppable smash hit of 2017? Is this the end of big studio dominance of vidya? Is the age of Early Access upon us?

>inb4 banned for killing streamer
>inb4 microtransactions
>>
>>386430901
>Obligatory
no honey that's not how it works
>>
>>386431014
Oh sweetie I think if you check you'll find that PUBG are not optional.
>>
>>386430901
FPM is on an entirely different level to 3pm
It's so much more fun
>>
>>386431435
>b-but people are gonna camp more in houses in first person
Fuking retards 3rd person peekers btfo.
>>
>>386431813
It's so relieving to be able to run through a forest or city without the risk of every single tree or window having a dude behind it
Plus you can actually flank now
>>
>the absolute state of PeeCuck gaming
>>
>>386430901
Get a clue, fucks sake
>>
FPM is infinitely better than TPM.

>can actually flank people
>no fucking corner camping behind literally everything
>can rest assured knowing that if you can't see them, they can't see you, allowing you to actually move from cover to cover safely
>being prone in close quarters is actually useful and prevents you from being seen

It weeds out so many shitters. I love it. I can't stomach playing TPM with all of its shitty crutches and like 70 FOV anymore.
>>
I really feel like this game needs a weapon re-balancing. Cant say anything about FPP yet, but 3PP is meta gamed to shit. M4 K98 is unbeatable in the hands of someone who even remotely knows what theyre doing
>>
>>386430901
>Anyone else struggling to go back to 3PP after playing FPP?
I like playing squads more than I do solo/duo, so I hope they roll FPP out soon.

Nothing matches the chaos of squad.
>>
>>386432047
UMP>m4 in lategame
>>
>>386430901
I tried first person yesterday, it was fantastic.
Tried third person again after that, couldn't play it.

And I never read patch notes in games, did they improve performance AGAIN? And what's up with the gun drop rate? Can't find any guns nor bags.
>>
>>386432369
OP here, performance has drastically improved for me, but I've been finding long guns, 8x scopes and suppressors out the ass. You're just getting fucked by the RNG I think.
>>
this game is pretty good, but esports? really?
>>
File: 1498311676226.png (345KB, 625x423px) Image search: [Google]
1498311676226.png
345KB, 625x423px
>no FP servers yet for OCE

REEEEEEE when
>>
File: 1404700272574[1].jpg (23KB, 250x309px) Image search: [Google]
1404700272574[1].jpg
23KB, 250x309px
>>386431114
>>>/vg/
>>
>>386432765
I would watch the shit out of a 25vs25vs25vs25 competition.
>>
>mfw i hate squads
>>
>>386430901
>honk horn
>get banned
wtf?
>>
>>386432828
TF2, DotA, Dark Souls and Overwatch threads are constantly posted on /v/ despite those games having threads on /vg/ as well.
>>
>>386430901
>random plane drop
>random loot drops
>random safe zone

this game is for shitters. you're playing hearthstone with cards.
>>
>>386432642
Well, before I would usually fin armor/helmet/bag and two guns in the first two houses I entered. Yesterday I found ONE(1) revolver in 8 houses, nothing else... 3 games in a row.

I don't mind it because I stop looting once I get just one weapon (don't even bother picking up helmets/armors/attachments), but now it takes ages to find just one weapon. Well, I'll try again later.
>>
>>386433683
>Static plane drop
>Static loot drops
>Static safe zone

Congratulations, every match of PUBG is now exactly the same.
>>
>>>/vg/pubg
>>
>>386433995
Do you do this in every /v/ thread about Zelda, Overwatch, Dark Souls, Final Fantasy, Guild Wars, WoW or Persona?
>>
>>386434086
If you make a thread that reeks of a general with an OP like this

>Obligatory PUBG thread.

then yes.
>>
>>386434176
You ignored the other part of the OP about a specific feature of the game. Do you have problem with your attention span?
>>
The FPV circlejerk is boring. Third person is fine. You're just bad at the game.

You have the same advantages and disadvantages as everyone else, and if you constantly find yourself getting killed in 3PV without seeing anyone, you just have terrible awareness, and you aren't doing yourself any favors in first person games by not addressing the fundamental problems with your play style.

I've been in the top 100 in solo queue and duos since closed beta, and the way to win battle royale games is risk management. Don't think about PUBG like a shooter, it's not really a shooter (not even in first person games). It's poker. There's always random elements you can't control, but you can do a lot to mitigate it such that the odds are more in your favor. Play it like poker, don't get butt-blasted when you lose a hand, keep playing smart, and you will win more and more.
>>
>>386434374
>You have the same advantages and disadvantages as everyone else, and if you constantly find yourself getting killed in 3PV without seeing anyone, you just have terrible awareness, and you aren't doing yourself any favors in first person games by not addressing the fundamental problems with your play style.

The difference is that 3PP changes how everyone plays the game. With 3PP you can camp inside buildings and see anyone approaching without them ever being able to see you, or you can go prone in the grass and pop up when you spot someone in your area, or 3rd person peek from behind a tree to spot someone who can't see you.

Yes, it's balanced in as much as all the players have the option to camp and peek, but a lot of players prefer the FPP experience of "If I can't see them (IE if they are literally not anywhere in my 360 view) then they can't see me either".
Lots of players don't like the experience of running through areas with lots of cover with the knowledge that someone could be watching them and there is literally no way to know until the person breaks cover to start shooting on you.

No-one is stopping you from playing 3PP, but I for one will probably never touch 3PP once FPP is available for squad play.

>I've been in the top 100 in solo queue and duos since closed beta
Yeah and PlayerUnknown is my dad, sure thing buddy.
>>
>>386434616
>but I for one will probably never touch 3PP once FPP is available for squad play.

Because you're bad. You can't keep yourself from repeatedly doing high-risk things and then being like HURR IT HAPPENED AGAIN. You won't be any more successful in first person.
>>
>>386434865
I already have a much higher win % in duo FPP and normal duo, and a much higher top 10 % as well.
This is a crazy concept, I know, but different play styles work better depending on which game type you are playing, and people will play differently depending on which game type they are playing as well.
>>
>2 hours
>30 posts
>dozens of threads made all day that never reach bump limit and die after usual script of sales numbers is complete
>/vg/ generals take 2-3 days to reach post limit

Maybe you should go to a site more suited for discussing meme game trash?
>>
File: header2.jpg (28KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header2.jpg
28KB, 460x215px
>>386435656
Thanks for the bump, friend! I bet you only post in threads that are about to hit the post limit :)
>>
>>386433189
>>>>/vg/

No wait, go to Reddit, you're obviously underage.
>>
>>386435730
>le epic trol faec
So PUBG really is 12yo central.
>>
>>386434374
>3PPfag shittershattered that soon there won't be enough people to even fill his shitty 3PP lobbies
>>
>>386435730
>>386435350
Another dead thread for you
>>
>>386433882
Worked for LoL and CSGO :^)
>>
File: 1616136379234.jpg (138KB, 980x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1616136379234.jpg
138KB, 980x1040px
>>386430901
>mfw i didn't fall for the shilling
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.