[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic is hold right to w-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: pa comic.png (447KB, 800x401px) Image search: [Google]
pa comic.png
447KB, 800x401px
Sonic is hold right to w-
>>
Why halt the entire game for one tricky level? This is a good form of difficulty scaling.
>>
>dies like a bitch because the game is too hard
>game offers optional assistance
>take it voluntarily
>complain that the game is too easy

Let's complain about games having an Easy difficulty as well.
>>
>>386430783
getting this power-up requires dying 7 times in a row

and it appearing bans you from 100%
>>
>>386430783
>i wasnt doing that bad, was I?

Yes you were, you dense son of a taint.
>>
>>386430783
>i wasnt doing that bad, was i?
lol

this help system is the best thing nintendo has ever done. its fucking hilarious to see people complaining about the games being too easy when the only way to even get this item is to be really bad
>>
its fucking optional
>>
>>386431690
That is just how people act with Nintendo games. If it is optional, you have to whine about it. If it looks on model, it is hideous shit. If it was made post GC, it is "soulless".
>>
>>386433076
How does it feel to be a complete cuck?
>>
>>386434413
Nice work proving his point.
>>
>>386430951
I liked how 3D World did it. It basically called your bullshit and demanded you go back and do things right if you wanted Champion's Road.
>>
>>386430783
Modern 2D Mario platformers suck
>>
>>386431780
It appearing doesn't ban you, actually using it does.
>>
>>386433015
The comic isn't complaining about the mechanic, it's joking about how the game takes pity on you for sucking.
>>
>>386430951
All they have to do is what Galaxy 2 did, you can beat the level but youll only get a bronze star
Thalats all the justification completiobists need not to use it and casual babies wont care
>>
>>386431690
Its like doing an obstacle course to get a reward with a guy constantly reminding you thats you can just walk around it to get it woth no repercussions.

I mean this is basic game design, if theres no downside to taking the easier route than all sense of challenge and achievment is lost.
>>
>>386438141
But there is downside in Mario tho?
>>
Alright, this must be a joke
>>
>>386433015
Having and instant win "option" ruins the whole challenge.
Its like that FF7 ps4 port that came with a button that instantly heals you whenever. Sure you dont have to click it, but knowing its there makes everything kinda pointless doesnt it?
>>
>>386438141
The comic explains this: the downside is that this isn't default, it's the game pittying the player. It feels bad.
>>
>>386438208
And that is?
>>
>>386438270
How is having it default be any better?

Put it in easy mode only, dont let players get 100% using it, fucking do something to give the player incentive to actually play the game and not just have it autoplay itself.
>>
This is why you retards can't have LOL threads.
>>
>>386430783
Just because mario is too does not invalidate the fact that sonic is
>>
>>386438270
Thats weak dude. Yeah you might feel a little bad using it, but why wouldnt you?

Theres no reward for not using it, and its not like youll feel like youve conquered a tough challenge cause there was no challenge as long as theres an instant win suit to use. Why even play it at all.
>>
>>386438376
You can't get 100% using it.
>>
>>386438569
How? Galaxy 2 is the only game that had the bronze stars mechanic
>>
>>386438626
3D World has stars on the file, and using this mechanic alters them so that everyone knows you suck.

If you want a perfect file, you can't ever use this. That isn't a huge disincentive, but it's enough of one for spergs like you who are upset at its very existence.
>>
>>386438451
>all platformers are press right to win!
>who gives a shit about meaningless details such as carefully navigating the complicated terrain of the stage or dodging and attacking enemies
>or about the fact that every game can be described with "hold main button to win"
>>
>>386438916
I do not think that about platformers, but the OP is a fucking idiot for thinking that berating mario suddenly means sonic is not what he stated it was.
>>
based mods deleting /lgbpol/sters
>>
>>386439040
The only "hold right to win" mechanic Sonic has is Super Sonic which is a reward for actually playing well and usually temporary.
>>
>>386439306
He's not saying Sonic is hold right to win, he's saying OP's argument is retarded.
>>
You do realize that you can't ban me right?
>>
>>386439385
thank you for understanding
>>
>>386437732
If it shows up you can't get all the stars on your profile, even if you don't use it.
>>
>>386439539
Shit, really? That's kinda fucked up.
>>
>>386430951
Usually games get harder the further you progress.
>>
>>386439539
That depends on the game, in the 3ds one it means your starts won't be shiney. finding that out killed my desire for the Luigi run.
>>
File: 1475542204962.png (95KB, 610x707px) Image search: [Google]
1475542204962.png
95KB, 610x707px
Why don't we turn this into a D O B S O N thread.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.