[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm conflicted.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 670px-0,1920,0,1198-TZ7EgWK.jpg (53KB, 577x360px) Image search: [Google]
670px-0,1920,0,1198-TZ7EgWK.jpg
53KB, 577x360px
I played and beat the pic related.
While wanting to play the next one, I also want not to progress through the series, because I heard that DR3 is an abomination and it ruined the series.
Should I stop or go?
>>
Definitly play DR2. IMO, it's even better than the first. DR3 isn't really the abomination you seem to think it is. It's fun to watch, because it's just a pretty crazy story like the 2 games, but they try to answer some questions that were better left unanswered, and that part was pretty unsatisfying and anticlimactic.
>>
>>386422835
Play the next one, maybe UDG if that's your thing (it was mine--I loved every second of it), then wait for V3 next month, then never look back.
>>
>>386422835
Simply play DR 2 and don't watch DR 3.
DRV3 ruins the story even worse anyways, but at least the cases are good.

Simply don't play this series for the story.
>>
>>386422835
I even dropped the anime series 3 episodes in but it was so awful. I don't think I'd be able to enjoy the series ever again.
>>
File: 1500954532662.png (218KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500954532662.png
218KB, 400x400px
>>386423439
lmao, what? I will never understand people who think that a bad sequel makes the prior games worse. It's complete nonsense. The games are still just as good as they were on release, the anime can't change that.
>>
File: Junko Smile.png (275KB, 449x479px) Image search: [Google]
Junko Smile.png
275KB, 449x479px
I love Junko!
>>
second game is amazing dude, play it and then read the zero novel which is great too and you can watch the anime but be ready to get dissapointed
>>
>>386423554
it is true but still after the amazing story the second game and zero novel offered, the anime was a big let down
>>
horrible series imo, the ending of 1 was just nonsense and went full retard with junko. im not sure what the audience appeal to this game series is at all. thr mystery of it was super easy when you basically have the characters throwing evidence at you and the gimmick mini games during trials were beyond retarded. hur dur hangman! hur dur music game! it just detracted from the overall experience. maybe if the ending didnt turn out as autistic as it did them it would be cool but it felt like a really shitty kids show from cartoon network
>>
OP here
Thanks for the advice.
But the most worrisome thing for me is if DR2 is way better than DR1, I might get too attached to the series and disappointed by DR3 more.
Anyway I'll try DR2 and UDG, but postpone watching DR3 as much as possible.
>>
>>386422835
Just play 1 and never look back
>>
File: le metafiction man.png (170KB, 357x274px) Image search: [Google]
le metafiction man.png
170KB, 357x274px
DR's story is total junk and retarded.

Just take it as a really poorly written comedy.
>>
>>386427054
2 is better so why only the 1?
>>
>>386422835
Play UDG also, it's underrated. Really comfy game.
>>
DR1 is just a stepping stone to the ludo that is DR2.
>>
>>386426902
I'm in the same boat as you, should I do this too?
also, I can pirate them all, right?
>>
>>386422835
IMO while I enjoy watching this game I think it fails

cons-
1. It does not feel like you are actually deducing the killer. Before you can do the trial you must find all the evidence, figuring things out is in the form of easy as fuck mini games,and the end where you choose the killer shouldn't even be in the fucking game you already know who it is. You yourself can't figure out the killer with the evidence because the murders are way too fucking convoluted

2. Characters suck. Most of them are over the top and get ignored or tons of attention, they are all stereotyped except the main character or a side one (kirigiri). And the killers have the worst fucking motivations. (spoiler for v3 trial 1) like what the fuck she killed that dude to teach the guy to be a better detective? wtf?

3. For a murder mystery game it's way too linear. There are like 2 endings at most, the game has absolutely terrible replay ability.

pros-
1. art. I don't particularly like the anime style but it looks really unique.

2. music. absolutely amazing music.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.