[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /v/ think of this port for Mario 64?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (688KB, 590x640px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
688KB, 590x640px
What does /v/ think of this port for Mario 64?
>>
better than the original
>>
>>386418637
Fuck off newfag

/v/ collectively hates it.
A d-pad isn't meant for 3d games
>>
Should have been on the 3DS
>>
>popular streamer starts streaming SM64DS
>threads about the game spike in popularity
how unexpected
>>
>>386418541
CONTROLS FUCKING SUCK
>>
pros
>minigames r fun
>bonus levels (castle secret stars)
>model updates
>some levels were extended
cons
>shit controls
>while the multiple characters make for interesting game, segmenting them as they did made it more annoying (like a lighter DK64 backtracking issue, but this problem was partially alleviated by the transforming caps)
>bosses could only be fought as Mario despite the game having a clear focus on Yoshi more than anyone
>only Mario could wall jump
>you have only 2 times Yoshi and Wario shine, otherwise they suck to play as
>>
>>386419040
grass grows, birds sing, what else is new?
>>
>>386418541
If it got a 3DS rerelease with slightly improved visuals and actual analog control, it'd be the best version of the game. As it stands it's just short of perfection, which is depressing.
>>
The character changing felt unnecessary, and the movement with the d-pad feels strange at first, but once you get used to it or use the 3DS's analog stick it feels fine. Overall, it's still the same fun game, but it should've been on the GameCube or the 3DS
>>
>>386418541
that vinny is a fucking asshole
>>
>>386420660
>>386419485
>>386419106
>>386419047
get that shit out of here, we're talking about a game.
>>
File: image00.png (195KB, 255x394px) Image search: [Google]
image00.png
195KB, 255x394px
>>386418541

It's a deluxe version of the original game that desperately needs analog controls. A few art decisions are questionable with the lack of texture filtering making everything looking grainy.

But let's be real, that's not why you care.
>>
>>386420660
HEY FUCK YOU IT WAS THE CONTROLS NOT ME
>>
>>386421114
what did you think of tonight's rick and morty episode NotVinny?
>>
>>386420875
>But let's be real, that's not why you care.
False. I don't see why people think the stylistic choices here are better than the original. Bob Omb Battlefield's less vivid grass for example really irked me, it looked like the grass was wilting. Some decisions, such as unagi or Big Bertha made some sense, but I think it was for the most part when Nintendo started integrating all their newer designs in the remakes and following titles.
>>
>>386421325
It was great 10/10 specially the part when Rick said "BURRP GOD IS NOT REAL MORTY WADADLABBADURBURUAR" that got me cracking hard
>>
>>386418637
This.

And you can use an analog with an emulator
>>
Too many A presses
>>
>>386418541
Cramming 5000 out of place things that don't fit into an already existing game doesn't make it better than the original.
>>
File: 1486937716187.png (120KB, 297x251px) Image search: [Google]
1486937716187.png
120KB, 297x251px
>>386421421
>you can fix the flaws by emulating
every time
>>
>>386421421
Or just by playing it on a 3ds
>>
>>386421325
Why did so many faggots flock to this show?
I really liked it, but they're ruining it for me.
>>
>>386422226
That doesn't fix its shitty control problem retard your still moving with a d-pad
>>
>>386421325
You MOTHERFUCKING WATCH REDDIT AND MEMEY, TOO?
>>
>>386418541
i remember thinking the controls were fucked, but i haven't played it since it was new so i don't remember why.
>>
>>386425056
Since the DS didn't have an analogue stick, you had 1 speed from the Dpad. Because of that, they implemented a run button like the 2d Mario games. In addition, the Dpad gives you only 8 directions to move in, which is completely awful for a game such as Mario 64.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.