[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was it really THAT bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: header.jpg (43KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43KB, 460x215px
Was it really THAT bad?
>>
Yes. It fucking was. It deserves to be forgotten.
>>
>>386417815
Not really. Certainly better than most shooters in 2011 (not that the bar was high). In hindsight, it's pretty crazy to see the SJWism of modern game """journalism""" in its early form.
>>
>>386417815
It was definitively bad, but I stuck with it for the sake of finishing it. Felt like it had a good idea going on, but everything felt so disjointed and broken and unpolished. Kind of wish he was never brought back, especially not under Gearbox.

Also sucks Randy shut down the 3D Reloaded.
>>
>>386418692
no, it really wasn't
this game looks like ass and plays like ass
>>
File: 1500846525990.jpg (69KB, 438x503px) Image search: [Google]
1500846525990.jpg
69KB, 438x503px
>>386417815
>2 weapon limit
>Most weapons suck
>One of your weapons is always going to be the shotgun or the machinegun because other weapons can't hold enough ammo
>Regenerating health
>Crappy physics engine is used for most side activities and puzzles
>Fucking physics puzzles and driving sections make 70% of the game
>Turret sections
>Bosses can only be defeated by explosive weapons, there are 2 explosive weapons in the entire game
>Fucking press F to takedown
>That fucking mothership level where you can't see shit
>Motherfucking underwater level
>Writing by Anthony "fuck my wife" Burch himself
>Fucking scripted cinematics everywhere
It deserves everything it got and more.
>>
As someone who worked on it, yes, the final product that shipped was THAT bad. Look up the Duke Nukem Forever Museum sometime and learn about it.
>>
>>386418873
>It was definitively bad
What did it define?
>>
It was never going to live up to the hype
>>
>>386417815
While we're on the subject, is Colonial Marines still shit?
>>
>>386420176
Yeah but it could have been decent at least, Randy probably got the franchise for cheap anyways.
They could've done what Devolver does with Serious Sam and release little spin-offs every once one in a while while Croteam makes the next Serious Sam game, wich wouldn't be new for Duke Nukem either. But no, they took a bunch of demos made through a fucking decade, stapled them together and put a 60 dollar tag on it, they also removed every other Duke Nukem game from sale so they could re-release them later with a bigger price tag too.
>>
File: duke forever mirror.jpg (221KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
duke forever mirror.jpg
221KB, 1366x768px
>>386417815
the problem wasn't that it was bad. Gameplaywise it was fine.

The problem was it was mdiocre and boring, and tried to make fun of modern shooters- while being a modern shooter.
but I do give it credit for having a few really fun ideas.

Like fucking mirrors that actually function- even when broken.

or that little whiteboard at the start.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.