[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I the only one here who actually liked the weapon jamming/durability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: 600px-FC2-Ithaca-jam.jpg (78KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
600px-FC2-Ithaca-jam.jpg
78KB, 600x375px
Am I the only one here who actually liked the weapon jamming/durability in Far Cry 2? Sure, it could have been done a lot better, but it was a solid mechanic.

It made firefights more tense if you went into them with an old, worn out gun because it could jam or break at any moment. It made you have to use weapons you might not use normally if your weapon broke. It made secondaries useful "oh shit" guns for when your primary jammed.

Anyway, I liked it, and I'm curious if anyone else felt the same.
>>
i lliked it but the fact that it jams EVERY FUCKING TIME made it a tedious flaw

could have been better, like F:NV
>>
I too love having a brand new gun exploding after 20 minutes of use
>>
>>386414583
I honestly liked the whole game in general. Great landscapes.
>>386414696
Maybe if you're picking up all the nigger guns and using those. Just make sure to pick up fresh guns whenever you're by the gun shop. Simple as that.
>>
>>386415014
only the ones that you got from enemies jammed. the ones you bought didn't.
>>
It never affected me because I never used picked up guns, I just used the ones from hideouts.
>>
this game lacked animals and the cp's respawn so quick. how did that happen? it was amazing besides
>>
>>386415089
I was referring to the ones you buy, and yes they do

the nigger guns just explode after 5 minutes
>>
>>386414583
Best Far Cry
>>
>>386414583
any mods that fix this games issues yet? or at least add new shit?
>>
>>386414583
meh i just picked up the golden Ak and rolled with it until the end
>>
>>386415230
>Best Far Cry
>Came after this one

I like finishing peoples sentence's
>>
>>386415089
They did, after awhile.

The weapons had a "health" to them, the more you used them the shittier they got. A cool concept, but when it happens as quickly and often as it does in FC2 it just isn't as interesting.

This all being said, I think there is an absolutely amazing and groundbreaking game underneath FC2, had only some things been developed more.

If someone could look into this more and make the landscape and wildlife more realistic and a greater factor while simultaneously having a better enemy spawn system and more defined Merc factions it could be absolutely amazing.
>>
>>386415456
is 4 good? i liked 2 and 3
>>
File: Jam-2.jpg (126KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Jam-2.jpg
126KB, 1024x768px
>>386414583

I enjoyed the jamming/durability mechanic so much I exclusively used the rusty piece of shit weapons that you found around the place.

With that said, it absolutely could have been done better, full blown animated jamming mechanics are fucking awesome.
>>
>>386415456
nah the first one is the best one
and after farcry 2 every game is just an updated rehash of the second one
without some of the most interesting features
>>
>>386415607
Its alright, not as good as 3
>>
>>386415607
4 is like a new map for the 3 with a cruisecontrol on quads and cars
>>
>>386414583
is fc2 any good? i didnt like it when it first came out because of how different it was from the first
>>
>>386414583
I actually like durability mechanics if they're implemented well, they can make combat really tense and force you to improvise. If the game is all about surviving with the odds stacked against you, durability is a great thing to add.
>>
In FC2 you were just better off buying and grabbing fresh weapons from the armory if they needed to be replaced, and doing convoy missions to expand what you can buy. Not only are shitty weapons picked up from enemies prone to failure, but you don't get a lot of ammo from them too.

AKs were also incredibly durable and are overall a decent piece of kit too, the golden ones started fresh and could last you for a great chunk of time.
>>
>>386416592
That's kind of what I meant when I said it could have been done better. There was really no reason to use any guns other than the ones you had bought unless you found a gun you liked that you couldn't buy.
>>
>>386414583
Yeah, that and the removing bullets from your leg and getting rescued by your buddy were very immersive.
>>
DEADLY AFRICANIZED WATER
>>
>>386416053.
It's like being lost in the middle of Africa with malaria and everyone wants to kill you. Good times.
>>
>>386417173
Malaria was such a shitty mechanic
>>
>>386417823
Was it scripted, or just random?
>>
>>386417036
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enb0zWbYUik
>>
>>386417887
I think it was semi-random and running out of pills was scripted to line up with the quests.
>>
>>386417887
At times it was scripted. Otherwise it was on some kind of timer so you had to make regular pill runs.
I modded that shit out, but the game was still painfully mediocre. Don't fall for the "It's STALKER in Africa" bullshit.
>>
>>386417887
UFL/APR quest-related, I believe. Sidequests don't contribute. If you run out your third attack sends you to the nearest town, sounds like it would disabled at the point of no return though.
>>
No because it's unrealistic. I have guns that I have put thousands and thousands of rounds through and they still fire like new.
>>
>>386418651
Did you rub them through the dirt and leave them in a river to rust? Because that's what the guns that jam looked like.
>>
>>386418743
The guns you buy from the arms dealer brand new eventually jam as well. They all have some kind of hidden health stat.
>>
>>386418651
Because you're taking care of them, cleaning them and whatnot. Far Cry 2 doesn't let you clean or repair your guns, but it should have had something like that instead of just having manuals that extend your guns "health."
>>
>AK
>Dart Gun
>IEDs

What loadouts did /v/ use?
>>
>>386418820
you never clean them or do any preventative measures you just keep feeding it till it's screaming stop and then dies in your arms.
Stop AK abuse.
>>
>>386419014
>Springfield
>Uzi
>RPG
>>
>>386418651
I doubt you bought them from literal africans
>>
i dont mind shit like "tripping/jamming" but it always too often. if guns can jam, they need to jam once every 3 hours. when it jams often it becomes annoying, but that ONE jam in like 5 hours shocks and surprises you.
>>
File: 0c4[1].png (89KB, 600x606px) Image search: [Google]
0c4[1].png
89KB, 600x606px
>>386419116
>>
>>386415838
>>386416198

I like the durability mechanics because of how great they are at immersion. I haven't actually played Far Cry 2 though, because I kind of assumed the gameplay mechanics were a little dated.

Why the hell did they get rid of the jamming in the sequels?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.