[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Siren thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

File: 434324234.jpg (322KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
434324234.jpg
322KB, 1280x720px
Can we have a Siren thread? Most underrated horror series if you ask me. Let me and the other 2 fans here have a good 15 minutes of exchange. Hope they're on.

>personal favourite
Mine is Blood Curse. Although I would recognise Forbidden Siren 2 as being the superior game overall, there's something about the enemy design, visuals and the OST that I really, really love in Blood Curse. Also one might say that characters are overpowered in this one but I'm thinking less so than some in Siren 2 and anyway I just love to smash their faces in, seeing the blood splatter on the walls with their hilarious ragdoll. I'm not too big on the TV episodes format though I'll admit that.
>your favourite enemies
I'd say the Shibito Brains. Some have genius concept like that guy hung on the ceiling with the weird worm-like head. Or that one flying shibito that looks like some weird butterfly, that one has the face of nightmares.
>favourite characters
Takeaki Misawa. There's something I love about being a badass japanese military dude stuck in a world with hellish creatures and his rifle.
>Would you prefer a Siren 3 game or a Blood Curse 2 about FS2?
Definitely Blood Curse 2. I have a fear with horror games that sequels might be shit and I never really got to play 2 in a legit way since they never released it in NA. I think with PS4 visuals and some touchups on the monsters would make the game the best horror game since forever.
>>
File: 20170806_152630.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_152630.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
I posted one earlier today. Here is my collection:
>>
>>386408592
What are the Siren maniacs books? Mangas? Are they worth a read? is there a translation online?

How about you post your favourite stuff like in the OP?
>>
>>386408736
They are plot guides. They also show artwork, all the files from the game, character details, Q&As with the devs, exclusive manga's from Junji Ito and a lot more

Also, yes there are translations online.
>>
>>386408964
>They are plot guides. They also show artwork, all the files from the game, character details, Q&As with the devs, exclusive manga's from Junji Ito and a lot more

God damn. Gotta check this out thanks anon
>>
File: ito2.jpg (104KB, 465x700px) Image search: [Google]
ito2.jpg
104KB, 465x700px
>>386408964
>junji ito

Was he involved in these games in some way?
>>
>>386409046
No worries.
Also worth checking out the somewhat crap film of Forbidden Siren and the novelization of it.
>>
>>386409078
I'm not sure.
Pretty sure he just did the manga for the books shown in my image.
>>
File: 20170806_154104.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_154104.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Here's two pages from the manga.
>>
>>386409098
Yeah I saw the movie but really couldn't find anything I liked about it.
>>
File: 20170806_154437.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_154437.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Postcard that came with my copy of FS.
>>
>>386410054
Nice. Anyway, fuck region locked games.
>>
>>386409301
Oh that one's related to the game, never realized it, that's cool
>>
>>386409301

Wait
Fucking that
What's the name of it?
>>
>>386411079
Its from the Siren Maniac guide.
No idea on what the name of this specific manga is though.
>>
File: 20170806_154038.jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170806_154038.jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
Another image I have of my copy of the book.
>>
>>386411079
Junji Ito Demon's Voice
>>
Hella fuckin underrated. I'll never forget the moment I found out the corpses eventuall get back up.

>be me
>Playing Bloodcurse
>Have shovel
>Be in mining tunnel
>Kill 3 of them
>Run around looking for objective
>Still cant figure out what to do
>Run past corpses
>Nothing wrong
>Keep trying to complete objective
>Running past place where I killed them
>wait....
>take few steps back
>They're gone
>Must've despawned
>Run a few feet and turn corner
>2 of them there. One of them immediately shoots me dead
>>
I got an old ps2 recently and bought Siren 1...
Holy shit, I just can't do it. It's slightly difficult, but I could manage if I tried. But it's too stressful. It hurts to fucking play. I feel weird about it because I know it's having the intended effect, but holy shit I just can't help but scramble to my objectives as quickly as possible, much less look for the secret items.
>>
>>386411623

Thanks a lot Anon.
>>
>>386412326
Yeah and that gets annoying with those that wake up fast. Like spider Sol during the last episode when you try to shoot all the spider shibitos but he fucking wakes up after about 10 seconds and rushes to Bella. That's the only chapter I hate and have to try multiple times during a playthrough.

>>386412582
I can totally understand. I also feel like I would enjoy the game more have I not played it so late, like in it's early days.
>>
>>386408592
Wasn't blood curse supposed to be meh?
>>
I got obsessed with the lore from the original game. Especially all the promotional content, the fake websites, fake blogs and journal entries. They went all out in the marketing department.
>>
>>386414076
HOLY SHIT THE WEBSITES ARE STILL UP

http://www.shibito.com/e/top_hp.html
>>
>>386413983
not him, but I don't get the hate it gets. The only reasons I've heard for people not liking is either the TV episodes format (which I agree), and the western characters. Even with the western characters (which is explained in the story), the game has that intact J-horror vibe and strangeness to it.
>>
>>386414241
http://hw-biker.blog-paradise.com/e/index-archive-200708.html

Siren Blood Curse also had a fake blog. You got the adress from looking at the MC's wallet in the archives.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.