[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the worst game ever made. I literally played through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: La-Mulana_(PC)_01.png (172KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
La-Mulana_(PC)_01.png
172KB, 640x480px
This is the worst game ever made.

I literally played through this stupid fucking game, it was slow and it looked like shit. I fucking played it and walked through four areas (seriously it's so fucking easy) and then when I died, I started from the fucking beginning.

I thought the game would autosave after each area, but noooo. It's fucking permadeath, with a stupid fucking "continue" and "load" that doesn't work. It's broken shit, how can anyone like this garbage?
>>
You can save the game at the grail tablets. It's not the devs fault you're shit and didn't read the manual.
>>
>>386408037
What the fuck are you talking about? There's no way to save the game, I tried everything. There's nothing in the main menu and there's no auto save.
>>
>>386408037
>didn't read the manual
it's 2010+7 what the fuck is a manual
>>
>>386408104
Grail Tablets (or Grail Points) are tablets found in each Field which, once read with the Hand Scanner, they allow you to warp to them using the Holy Grail. These are more ornate than regular tablets, featuring an engraving of the Holy Grail at the top, and there is exactly one per Field. Grail Tablets also double as Save Points - Pressing Down in front of a Grail Tablet brings up the Save Menu, allowing you to save your game. Warping to any Field with the Holy Grail will place you in front of that Field's Grail Tablet and also record a Quick Save, returning you to it upon death. To warp to any grail point in the back field, you need to have mirai.exe active on the laptop.
>>
>>386408037
>>386408172
>>386408205
This sounds like a bunch of unnecessary bullshit. You guys memed me into this saying it was better than Hollow Knight, but it's a metric fuckton worse. How dare you faggots compare it to GOTY 2017.
>>
>>386408037
>>386408104
>>386408172
You don't need a manual. Doesn't scanning the tablet in the surface tell you to press DOWN in front of it?
>>
>>386408172
http://la-mulana.com/img/lmlnpc_manual_en.pdf
>>
File: weow.gif (4MB, 302x192px) Image search: [Google]
weow.gif
4MB, 302x192px
thanks for the laff op
>>
>>386408276
"Scanning a tablet in the surface?" Again, you're all spouting a bunch of retarded bullshit. There was nothing to scan with, I couldn't do anything. I talked to the xelpud guy and I pressed down in front of those weight things on accident to find out that's how they worked, then I grinded for them and got through the areas. I didn't need to read anything, I just moved through, it was dumb.
>>
File: 1500907725940.gif (2MB, 202x360px) Image search: [Google]
1500907725940.gif
2MB, 202x360px
So, La Mulana thread?

I've owned the game for a while but I've never played it too much - ended up stopping when I accidentally started hard mode. Been heavily tempted to give another go at it, though. Any advice other than "write literally everything down"?
>>
>>386408445
Did you think of.... equiping the scanner and using the item on the tables? How retarded are you?
>>
>>386408248
It's a great game. It's also a terrible game. But it's not anything like Hollow Knight, and grouping it in with other such adventure/platformers is incredibly misleading.

La Mulana is first and foremost a puzzle game. And a REALLY FUCKING OBTUSE one at that. If you're not down for that, either use a guide or just drop it now. I picked the former option like a goddamn casual and was still able to enjoy myself. But if even the save tablets sets you off, the Mantra puzzle will make you pull your hair out if you attempt it honestly. If you even get that far. Gate of Illusion is a much earlier cockblock.
>>
>>386408445
You must be stupid.

IIRC, after you talk to the old guy he tells you to buy a hand scanner and when you leave the other buildings in the area open up. Three of them are shops, one of which sells the Hand Scanner. Buying the Hand Scanner and talking to the old man again tells you how to equip and use the thing (not like that's hard to figure out). As much as this game is memed on for being difficult, it literally spells out fucking everything for you, down to the fact that you can PUSH BLOCKS IN A PUZZLE GAME.
>>
Hey OP, if you wanted a LaMulana thread you could've just asked.
I hope you backed LaMulana2. Our boy Naramura is dying in the hospital and he's still working on it, you know?
>>
>>386408484
Hold off on fighting bosses/minibosses for as long as you can, the game is less linear than it appears and all the bosses are so terribly designed that you'll want as much health as possible before taking them on.

Write EVERYTHING down, and keep a map for yourself since the ingame one conveys no information. Keep track of, at minimum:
>clues you haven't put into practice yet
>the names of rooms
>shit you haven't interacted with yet
>(if you've put the above advice into practice) whether you've gotten the ankh charm for each area yet since they're indistinguishable otherwise
>>
>>386408830
>all the bosses are so terribly designed that you'll want as much health as possible before taking them on.

out
>>
shitposting is illegal, anon.
>>
>>386409037
For all of them except Amphi, you kind of do though. Or you need to at least find the Axe first. Or a whip upgrade. Attempting Bahamut (the first boss I was actually able to stumble my way into) with standard gear is a nightmare the likes of which I never hope to relive.
>>
>>386408484
>>386408830
Oh, forgot some:
>keep at least 10-15 weights and 50ish shurikens on you at all times. You'll never need that much at one time but you'll also never run out if you keep it in mind.
>don't leave the gate of guidance without finding the holy grail

>>386409037
Haven't made it that far myself but so far
>the mausoleum boss has such a small hitbox that the whip can go through it, which for some reason doesn't damage it
>whether or not you can hit the temple of the sun boss is determined entirely by RNG of how the track decides to go
>the spring boss' hitbox is so fucked up that it's actually easier to hit if you face away from it
>>
It's not that hard honestly. Just make sure you get the health orbs and the axe, then the flail and the shit that powers it up later. I loved the backgrounds and lore stuff in the game, as well as the music. Pretty cool/10. Although don't think you won't need a guide, you will.
>>
File: 1485096428788.jpg (249KB, 939x1988px) Image search: [Google]
1485096428788.jpg
249KB, 939x1988px
everybody ignore OP's very bad opinion and instead can backers tell me how La Mulana 2 is coming?

I saw the post where he explained that he got very sick but has returned to work on the game, any new developments since then?

anything new in the backer blog?
I'm so hungry for info about this goddamn game jesus christ
>>
>>386409827
>all old assets from the first game
lel
>>
File: ss+(2017-08-06+at+08.16.06).png (578KB, 1524x609px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-08-06+at+08.16.06).png
578KB, 1524x609px
>>386409827
He hasn't posted anything since this.
>>
why do we always need a shitty bait OP to start a thread about a game?
>>
La Mulana was one of the most engaging game experiences I've ever had, and I was thankful to experience it as an adult.

Playing through the original was like a culmination of so many aspects of games I struggled with as a kid, like Zelda 2, Castlevania 2, Metroid 1, and Faxanadu, and dared me to "solve their mysteries." It didn't pull any punches, and it didn't care when it got hard. It was a puzzle that didn't want to be solved.

I had to learn to plan ahead better, grind better, observe better, take notes better, and push onwards even when I seemed totally lost. I felt like I became a better gamer through the experience.

I'll admit I had to use a walkthrough for certain portions of the game, mainly to reread a couple one-time-only blocks of text I forgot to write down, solve that timefreeze pot breaking puzzle, and use the wiki's premade maps to help figure out the mantra locations, but other than those cases I tackled a majority of the game on my own. Highly rewarding I'd say.
>>
>>386408336
this is some quality engrish right here
>>
>>386409332
Remake or original? Because I never really ran into those issues in the remake. That miniboss in the twin labyrinth is a load of bull though
>>
>>386414027
Remake. I wound up beating all three but could only really use the whip + shurikens and did them pretty much as soon as I could, which might have been why my experience was so bad.
>>
File: 1383787985298.jpg (22KB, 242x209px) Image search: [Google]
1383787985298.jpg
22KB, 242x209px
>get to temple of moon early and realize I skipped the holy grail
>alt+F4
>>
>>386416465
You can make it back from the temple of the moon to the frontside without the holy grail git gud
>>
>>386408617
>La Mulana is first and foremost a puzzle game
La Mulana is a fantastic action game and great metroidvania""" game with the most nonlinear map out there by a gigantic margin.
>>
>>386408104
Do you want some (You)s?
>>
I hate the way people pretend that the tablets actually give you hints on how to progress.
>>
>>386419093
"Hey go to [ROOM OUTLINED IN BLUE] and do this thing"

Some of them are bullshit but it's not that bad anon

>>386418780
>fantastic action game
hahaha
Even if that were true it wouldn't be why anyone plays it
>>
>>386419093
They do though. They're obtuse as hell, but they do.
>>
>>386418780
>La Mulana is a fantastic action game
it has probably the worst action and combat system in general of any metroidvania i've ever seen
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.