[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

let's talk about nioh, my favorite souls game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: nioh_01.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
nioh_01.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
let's talk about nioh, my favorite souls game
>>
File: 1500919301346.jpg (154KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1500919301346.jpg
154KB, 1000x1000px
>nioh
>souls game

On a more important note, Tonfas are super fun
>>
>>386406902
I picked it up again after beating it near march and im having so much fun with the dlcs and upgrading divine gear, i guess they added that mmo touch i like with the gear upgrade, but that's just my taste.
>>
>>386406902
No option to transgender in the game. Not worth my time.
Dark Souls will always be superior.
>>
>>386407090
William-sama is all you'll ever need.
>>
>>386407003
what are they actually good for, aside from ki damage?

I want to like them, but in the 20 impenetrable parries I could have done, one backwave could instantly kill a revenant in 1/100th of the time and effort

their tracking is also terrible and their vanilla attacks in high and mid are way too slow

their dash attacks are also way too slow and they just lack range in general

maybe I just think they're shit because they're a poor choice for dealing with revenants and that's how I've spent my time practicing with them so far

please explain
>>
>>386407080
divines sort of get outclassed once you reach NG+++

ethereals are an even heavier grind, in a good way, if you like that kind of thing
>>
>>386406902
>souls game
Bad thread anon. Should start over.
>>
>>386407579
You're right. It's stupid to call Nioh souls when it's so much better.
>>
>>386407523
Oh! i wasn't fully aware of that, i have clearly not seen a piece of that gear so far. But hah guess i got more reasons to grind.
>>
>read new update notes
>went to /vg/ to find thread
>ded
Feels niohed man.
>>
>>386407860
they don't appear until Way of the Wise and they're grind heavy because they drop completely randomly with 1 of 8 set bonuses

so to farm the new onmyo set with onmyo mage pieces that have things like change to defense magic or onmyo power + on them, you have to not only get ethereals to drop for each piece of onmyo mage hunter gear, but each piece also has to have that specific set bonus and it's completely random which one of the new bonuses you get

but that's just if you want the best possible gear

it's not too bad in farming gear to get 5 pieces of any specific set bonus to drop

since the bonuses can be on any piece of armor, they can also appear on any weapon, including ranged ones which open up all kinds of new options
>>
>>386408209
It's a shame about Futsunushi not appearing on ranged weapons, would make iai quickdraw builds a lot easier to make since they alrady have to farm revenants and hope for a iai star effect on the swords.
>>
>>386408472
yeah, it should be a possible set drop in general instead of just exclusively found from revenants
>>
>>386407090
Well, you can play with female skins
>>
How do I beat the ice woman boss? Also Im level 50 something and haven't used magic or throwing stars or anything like that.
>>
>>386411808
Don't get hit
>>
>>386411808
Just remember that after you get close and start wailing on her, she'll do the big ice AOE. She's got lots of different icicle projectile patterns, so get used to learning the timings for each of them. Dont be afraid to rush in behind her for the damage bonus you get from hitting enemies in the back. It's like a 50% bonus or something that big. Go in with your living weapon ready and use it if you feel like you need an extra push to take her down.
>>
File: 1465698705038.jpg (10KB, 191x252px) Image search: [Google]
1465698705038.jpg
10KB, 191x252px
>At first I thought the axe was clunky and shit
>Then I realized it's not supposed to be used on humans and is a yokai destroyer
>Then I got Titanic Strength and a Kaido Axe
Holy fuck I'm actually doing damage now.
>>
>>386413240
Cloud Crush is the best move in the game
>>
>>386411808
Step 1:Get some fucking fire talismans
Step 2:Use them retard
Step 3:Equip Kato and activate it when her HP gets to 1/3
Step 4:Mash them buttons boi
>>
>>386406902
>tfw I learned about the Ethereal shenanigans after wasting almost a whole month optimizing my Divine gear
nope, fuck this game, not gonna bother progressing Way of the Wise until the last dlc chapter drops
>>
>>386413240
I knew it's supposed to destroy yokai too. But I only use it on humans. It staggers smaller enemies like crazy and the wide swing alwasy catches human dodges. While I feel it's too slow to use on yokai who aren't going to be staggered easy anyway and I'd rather dodge their slow attacks, then counter with a quick sword.
>>
>>386413443
It's rad as fuck, yeah, but it's not as strong as just doing a final blow and Titanic Strength on wake up.
>>
>>386413990
It's so much fun that it makes up for the lack of damage for me.
>>
>>386414117
If you don't care about loot, it's really good for tossing enemies off cliffs or into water. It's just a shame you can't consistently do final blows after Cloud Crush unless you toss enemies right into the wall.
>>
>>386412009
>>386412814
>>386413470
Thank you. Also I've got tons of these Demon Horns and charms, what do I do wit them?
>>
>>386414429
I dunno, I've found sometimes that their loot lands right on the edge of whatever I threw them off of, like the devs knew people were gonna do that so you can still get it. I don't think it happens every time though.
>>
>>386414778
use those demon horns to build shit (if you want)
>>
I wish they didn't nurf the Pleiades & Extraction combo, but I understand why they had too; infinite devil trigger was great.
>>
>>386415081
How do i do that? I don't even know how to spend money, I got over 400,000.
>>
>>386407090
>william
>not transgender
Didn't even read the dev update baka
>>
>>386415220
Blacksmith but honestly just find the gear as it will always (sometimes) be better than the gear you build.
>>
>>386409608
That sounds a lot creepier than what you were probably going for.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PeIi_HEvhI
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.