[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lorefags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: how-does-he-poop.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
how-does-he-poop.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaIJpVwKgZw

Why do lorefags have to ruin everything they touch?

Games are not art, and will never be art. Stop trying to look for meaning and commentary in places that don't exist. Games are just mindless fun to distract you from every day life. Nothing more. Stop pretending it isn't.

These fucks are the main reason why I consider the Souls games as cancer.
>>
File: 1502066003664.jpg (272KB, 449x449px) Image search: [Google]
1502066003664.jpg
272KB, 449x449px
Souls games are fun as shit. I've put over 3k hours into the series as a collective whole.

The lore is cool, but people take it too seriously. I will say, however, that DS3 took the lore and threw it in the dumpster.

The games are great, but the community is cancer. You ought to play them sometime. They're good fun.
>>
File: WELLWHATISIT.jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
WELLWHATISIT.jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>386406771
You know none of this lore garbage was planned correct? Once Dark Souls got into the spotlight and many channels started coming out with Lore videos, almost all of this shit they said was made up or wrong assumptions. But considering the game doesn't really have much for answers the team just went along with the lore "experts".
>Y-Yeah totally Solaire is the giant desert worm or whatever yep great video!
None of them know what they are talking about
>>
File: 1498094759914.png (84KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
1498094759914.png
84KB, 319x319px
The only Souls Lore YTer that's actually good is SentineAkira, and that's because there's absolutely no theorizing.

He says exactly what is spelled out in the game's item descriptions and quotes, but in chronological order so that it's easy to digest and understand.

His Aldrich video, which explained EVERYTHING about Aldrich, as confirmed in the game without any theorizing, was about 2 minutes long. That's how it should be. Adding unneeded edge and drama isn't needed; the stories told are interesting on their own, and actually pretty short if you cut out all the Souls YT bullshit.
>>
>>386406771
I could also say that literally nothing ever matters because it's all pointless. We are living beings on a rock that flies in an orbit around a big ball. People find meaning in whatever they want to so who the fuck cares. Stop being a little bitch and deal with it.
>>
>>386408731
>>
>>386408132
>DS3 took the lore and threw it in the dumpster.
How?
>>
>>386406771
I don't agree with the statement "games are not art". However, I do agree that people should stop trying to shove bullshit about lore down people's throats as fact.

You want to know the facts about Souls' lore? Miyazaki had no real idea what to fucking make of it. It had no plan, rhyme or reason. It was a bunch of separate stories of separate people that were barely, and more than likely never meant to be connected. You know why? Because he based it off of readings that he himself couldn't understand. The little bit he could understand felt like separate events that were unrelated and had no consequence on each other. Dark Souls is literally a game about no consequence. What's the consequence of doing anything in Dark Souls? Nothing because you just come back to life if you die. When everything else dies, guess what? The game starts over and the lore connecting the games is a huge fucking cycle that keeps repeating no matter what anyone does. Nothing ever matters in the world of Dark Souls. The End. That's what you can tell every stupid fucking lore faggot that's ever made on of those shitty lore videos that tries to find meaning in their own desperate lives by making shit up about a video game.
>>
>>386408903
I didn't make any sense. It opened too many doors, and closed almost none of them. It even dug up characters like Ornstein and Smough and completely changed their lore for no reason in unsatisfying ways.

In DS1, Ornstein was a stalwart defender of Gwynevere, and Smough was the jealous cannibal. If memory serves me right, DS3 tells us that Ornstein actually bailed out, went with the Nameless King who betrayed the Gods, and joined him. Ornstein in DS1 was an illusion and Smough was the only real defender, with the gumption to stay and defend the keep.

This completely changes established lore in a bad way. Not to mention the inclusion of shit like the Profaned Flame which is never explained fully, and the Deep, which is the Abyss but not really for some reason.
>>
>>386409090
>never explained
Those are the Souls game in a nutshell.
>>
>>386409675
>Never finished
Gotta figure that into the equation also. I remember every single game someone, including Miyazaki himself says they "run out of time". And I think Miyazaki even tried to spin this as a good thing for Dark Souls 3 when he said he thinks it's exciting to have a game world that feels incomplete, because it "adds to mystery".

Yeah, I like playing Souls from time to time. But I don't get the excitement here. It's a dude that can't finish his games and tries to sell it as a bonus.
>>
Remember when Vaati just stole all that shit from The Paleblood Hunt? Good times.
>>
>>386409209
>profaned flame and the deep
Those proved to me that miyazaki's "make shit up as you go along" policy was running out of steam.
>>
File: IMG_5464.jpg (68KB, 405x314px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5464.jpg
68KB, 405x314px
>>386406771
>Watching VaatiPlagiarist
>Posting a fucking link to VaatiPlagiarist
You need to just end it now
>>
>>386409209
>>386409209
>If memory serves me right, DS3 tells us that Ornstein actually bailed out, went with the Nameless King who betrayed the Gods, and joined him.
Your memory is wrong
>>
>>386406771
Nah
>>
>>386406771
>Games are not art, and will never be art.
Yes they are.
>Stop trying to look for meaning and commentary in places that don't exist.
Why? Le author's dead and blah blah.
>Games are just mindless fun to distract you from every day life. Nothing more.
Says who?
>Stop pretending it isn't.
Why? I'm having fun.
>>
>>386410673
You're an idiot.
>>
Thank god I'm not this sad
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.