[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GTA is dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 4

File: gta v story mode dlc.png (66KB, 1656x706px) Image search: [Google]
gta v story mode dlc.png
66KB, 1656x706px
>CEO Strauss Zelnick said during the call to investors this evening, GTA Online continued to outperform expectations, and four years after release, the game had the “best quarter ever,” during Q1 and the company expects the game to continue raking it in for the foreseeable future. Last we heard, it has sold over 80 million units after all, so yes, it’s still selling gangbusters.

>Zelnick told investors during the call Take-Two had expected GTA Online monetization to level out over time. Instead, the company expects the title to have a record year.

https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/02/gta-online-had-its-best-quarter-ever-since-releasing-four-years-ago-and-is-expected-to-have-a-record-year/

>"Obviously we know what Rockstar tends to do. And Rockstar's activities have been transformed by Grand Theft Auto Online."

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-07-21-take-two-ideally-we-will-have-at-least-one-triple-a-title-every-year

>GTA Online's $500M In Microtransactions Could Mean A Very Different 'GTA 6'

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/04/14/gta-onlines-500m-in-microtransactions-could-mean-a-very-different-gta-6/#1940d81a3c6d
>>
Red Dead Redemption 2's single player is probably gonna be shit so they can focus only on the online stuff.
>>
There hasn't been a good GTA since SA, so it was already dead.
>>
Well if RDR 2's multiple character trailer is any indicator, it looks like online multiplayer is the future of all Rockstar games.
>>
>>386404106
I don't know how much they'll do with the RDR online stuff, wouldn't want to cannibalize your own money making scheme
>>
>>386404106
Just like the first game then.
>>
>>386404106
2K isn't really in any position to tell R* what to do though.
>>
I think it's genuinely impressive how profitable GTA5 is. This kind of sustained success is unprecedented.
Good on Rockstar, but it goes to show how powerful a forbidden fruit microtransactions are.
RDR2 is looking bleak.
>>
GTA 6 in Houston por favor
>>
>>386404106
I just want my red dead revolver sequel.
>>
>>386404370
Take-Two, I mean.
>>
>>386404478
>Houston
>por favor
spics leave
>>
I have 800s hrs in the steam version and I just dont fucking get it. Its not good, its grindy as fuck and Im disappointed every time they announce new DLC and yet Im always there to play it. At least Ive never bought any of the IRL cash cards. I just like the car and real estate collecting I guess.
>>
>>386404370
>>386404520
Rockstar wants the online shit, too. They cancelled the Story DLC they promised for GTA V because that Online money keeps rolling in.
>>
>>386404301
I highly doubt Rockstar will care with the amount of money they rake in from GTA Online.
>>
>>386404684
The problem is that there's nothing like it on the market. And building an alternative would be excruciatingly expensive.
>>
>>386404684
>I have 800s hrs in the steam version and I just dont fucking get it. Its not good
>>I have 800s hrs
> Its not good
>>
>>386404575
Anon you dont understand, im white, have a very dutch last name, but im fluent in spanish because its useful as fuck here
Im not even mad
>>
there wont be a GTA6

why would they when 5 just continues to break its own record

new Valve incoming
>>
>>386404825
Let me correct myself by saying I dont find it good any more. It was great when it first released on PC but now Im just playing because Ive invested so much time into building up my car collections and illegitimate businesses/hideouts.

I play it as a single player game in private lobbies these days.
>>
>>386404909
>new Valve incoming
They can't quite go that far since the game will eventually begin to drop off.

The days of Singleplayer focused Rockstar games are probably over though. GTA 6 will be an MMO from the ground up.
>>
>>386405012
As someone who considers 'muh immersion' to be somewhat important, did adding first person to the game make it any better?
I played and beat it on the 360 when it came out and vaguely remember doing online races
>>
>>386404215
I bet the single player has a co-op mode t b h
>>386404446
I'm gonna cry GTA is probably my favorite series of any game ever, plebian I know, but GTA SA holds some very deep memories not GTA IV as much but GTA V did it for me it had some little bit of magic to where I beat the Sp about 10 times and modded it hell and back. Same for SA
RDR is also just a beautiful game
Rockstar I loved you so much
I hate modern gaming
I remember a quality storyline which is what I want with also a very challenging game. And fun charecters Ill remember for the rest of my life, Like Ryder Sweet Smoke CJ mainly Ryder because I love Easy motherfucking E.
I'm rambling but fuck me I'm so sad GTA VI is gonna be bad if they don't learn from this online shit the right way the non money way, but they won't.
Thanks for glancing niggers.
>>
>>386404693
I don't doubt that. Obviously they want their game to be as profitable as possible. But I don't think they're going to cut story or single player elements in favour of multiplayer elements.
>>
>>386403858
why is everyone playing this gtao shit? I tried it and it was boring as fuck, not to mention the screaming 12yo with rpgs everywhere. Where's the fun in this game?
>>
>>386405556
It's a popular normie game.
>>
>>386405270
>I don't think they're going to cut story or single player elements in favour of multiplayer elements

They have already done that! Look at the OP, it's right there.
>>
>>386405186
im betting RDR2 was knee deep in development before GTAO started raking in money, and it'll be the last single player we ever get from Rockstar.
>>
>>386403858
this is why we need communism
>>
>>386405556
>I tried it
if thats within the last year then you wont get it. it used to be fun, relaxing with a ok level of grinding that gave you things to work towards
its nothing spectacular tho
as the anon said above its just a case of playing because of the time invested. ive stopped playing though because imo they've lost the plot
>>
>>386405681
I meant for RDR2.
I expect that it'll do better than the first game sales wise but it just doesn't have the same brand power as Grand Theft Auto.
RDR2 won't even outsell GTA IV.
>>
You can have gta but leave RDR alone please
>>
>>386404909
>why would they restart the process of producing another money-printing machine

they'd be nuts to not make a sequel.
>>
>>386403858
Yeah, okay, that's bad and all. But Forbes? Are you serious? You couldn't find a better source?

If it only fucks up GTA Online, I don't really care. That was fun with a few friends for about 2 weeks, then we all moved on. I don't understand how people can play that daily.
>>
>>386403858
Fuck service games.
>>
File: Guildenstern.jpg (21KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
Guildenstern.jpg
21KB, 150x150px
Remember when GTA was this cool, weird, underground-ish series where you could drive around, shoot people, and just do random shit like eat food or play Atari-esque minigames and just have fun doing whatever?

Now it's LOL YOGA, Trackmania DLC with floating racetracks (you might as well be playing a completely different game), and an incredibly barren experience to its predecessors.

Normies killed GTA, and we will never be able to go back.
>>
I love the single player with mods. Tried GTAO for like 40 minutes and it was miserable.
>>
>>386406146
>underground-ish
Dude fuck off.
I know people who don't even play video games who bought consoles for and only played Grand Theft Auto games.
>>
Fun fact, GTA V was getting a DLC story mode, but it was obvious that it got canned because:

a)Next gen ports
b)GTA: Online

http://gematsu.com/2013/12/substantial-grand-theft-auto-v-story-updates-2014
>>
>>386406146
Vice City was fucking huge, and it was all up-hill from there.
>>
>>386405982
GTA development is notoriously lengthy and shit. No doubt Rockstar would love to avoid that.
>>
>>386406507
Even Grand Theft Auto III sold 13 million copies for the PS2.
>>
>>386406362
I'm talking moreso III and VC, when "only THAT older brother" would play, and the media would constantly shit on the games in their entirety. Nowadays people pretty much accept GTAV and don't even mention things like the torture scene or Trevor, they're too busy talking about online rape.
>>
>>386406146
People said the same thing when GTA III came out. Maybe they weren't thought of as normies, but they were definitely an unwelcome new crowd to the relatively small pool of top-down GTA fans.
>>
>>386406721
GTA 3 also didn't shell most of their money into online bullshit.
>>
>>386406536
For another couple of billions of dollars I'm sure they'll happily push through it.
>>
>>386406797
No shit, online gaming on consoles was barely a thing back then.
>>
>>386406797

Same principle though.

GTA was literally never an "underground-ish" series. You might as well say that Doom is an underground-ish series.
>>
>>386406048
Are you an idiot or just playing?
>>
>>386406710
See
>>386406595
Vice City sold 16 million copies for the PS2 which even a lot of games now don't do.
It has never been a "dude have you heard of this game called Grand Theft Auto" on the PS2 era.
>>
>>386406386
No shit, Sherlock. It says that right there in the OP
>>
>>386407105
It was relatively underground when it was 2D as it as mostly a PC game. There's a leap of about 10 million sales between GTA2 and III.
>>
>>386405240
Its fun to walk around and explore/fuck around with but I would never play through the game in FPS mode. Its a cool additional feature for sure though.
>>
>>386406146
>Remember when GTA was this cool, weird, underground-ish series
>underground-ish series

The last time gta was an underground-ish series was when it was still a top-down 2d game.
>>
File: image.jpg (78KB, 275x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78KB, 275x470px
>There are dozens or hundreds of youtubers that play this garbage daily for the last 4 years
This niggaz must be loosing their minds, but it's either that or go outside to get a real job
>>
>>386406146
>dude normies lmao
3D GTA was always huge.
>>
>>386407480
those faggoty RP servers were probably a blessing for them.
>>
>>386407537
This. Even geezers like Bill Burr played it
>>
How does GTA:O make so much money when hackers run rampant and give people millions of in-game dollars constantly?
>>
>>386407626
I looked forward to the OnA Rockstar visits every time they came over to preview the newest games. Ant is the only one who gave a fuck though.
>>
>>386407648
Because picking up money that hackers gives you gets your character wiped, which leads to hacking to get your character back or buying shark cards.
>>
File: 1490485004621.webm (2MB, 450x252px) Image search: [Google]
1490485004621.webm
2MB, 450x252px
>tfw GTA V has sold more than all of the previous GTA games combined
>>
This is probably why they fired Leslie Benzies.
You know, the guy who fucking made Rockstar who they are today. The creator of GTA 3/VC/SA and Red Dead Redemption.

The Housers will ruin GTA.
>>
>>386407730
I had money given to me randomly and they just took it off me.
>>
>>386407806

It's not instantaneous or consistent, but usually they do ban waves every few months to catch people, and more often than not people just rebuy the game, make a new account and start over.
>>
>>386407797
Benzies is the one who pushed for GTAO. He sued because hes a giant kike who thought he was owed more than he was.
>>
>>386406710
GTA has been mainest of the mainstream for 16 years
>>
>>386404684
It's just the idea of it. That's what sells GTA. The series has always had crap gameplay.

Most mainstream games are sold on ideas. That's why open world games are so popular.
>>
>>386407806
Like >>386407928 said, nothing is consistent. You can find people that had their character wiped because they got $1k from a hacker while other people will just get the money taken off their account.
>>
>>386407559
RP servers?
Explain
>>
>>386404301
>buy greenbacks, the rdr2 in game currency, to purchase clothing, guns, horses, farms, gang hideouts, and much more!
No way they'll miss out on more money.
>>
>>386408206
just look it up on youtube. it's streamer bait.
>>
>>386404106
I really can't see RDR2's online having as much potential as GTA Online's.

Really, they should just forego a GTA6 and just make a new map and a fuck ton of missions and add it to GTA online.
>>
>>386406146
>Starring Ray Liotta, Samuel L Jackson, Michael Madsen, Dennis Hopper, Burt Reynolds, Axl Rose, Danny McBride, Ricky Gervais, etc

>underground
>>
>>386407982
He programmed RDR and saved GTAV, the game that makes them $1billion/year. He deserves the money more than anyone else at Rockstar. Give him the $100million, jesus christ.
>>
>>386408575
They have to keep pace. GTAO isn't very scalable (max 30 iirc) and the whole thing seems hacky (pun intended). They're lucky other open-world publishers are clueless. They should just start over with the intent that they're selling a service.
>>
>>386406146
Fuck off you wannabe "underground" faggot, gta was always big since III.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.