[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Oscar dark souls.jpg (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Oscar dark souls.jpg
45KB, 600x600px
I hear from alot of people that dark souls 3 is a clone of the first dark souls, can people who played dark souls 3 tell me why people say its almost a clone of the first one.
>>
All that really points out is that Dark Souls 2 was an anomaly that looked and felt wildly different from what people wanted it to be like.
>>
>>386394092
i dont really think that 3 is a clone of the first, but it sure as fuck plays like DS if there were no chances to choose which way you go or sequence break. ds3 was just too linear and to be honest the poison swamp areas prevent me from bothering to start a new file or new game+. its just not rewarding enough for me to go through again.
>>
File: bb snow.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
bb snow.jpg
1B, 486x500px
BB=DaS>DeS>DaS2>DaS3
This is the only right way to rate the series.
Dark Souls 3 was incredibly linear and had a bunch of that lame Japanese black goo shit as enemy design. Combat felt like a weird blend of Bloodborne and Dark Souls instead of just Dark Souls.
>>
>>386394464
Don't be an asshole.
>>
>>386394092
It shares lore, characters and areas with Dark Souls 1.
If 3 and 2 switched release orders, no one would complain because 3 is the real sequel.
>>
>>386394092
Every single part of its lore is drenched in DaS nostalgia and the combat system hasn't changed all that much over the series, but I still wouldn't call it a clone. That would be too much of a compliment. It's incredibly mediocre and boring, totally failing to make a lasting impression on the player like you get on your first playthrough of DaS.
>>
>>386394092

They're talking about the characters and story. The entire theme of the game is that the world is ending and people and places from different eras are being drawn together into one last "crunch" of existence.
>>
File: Host of embers.png (553KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Host of embers.png
553KB, 800x600px
>>386394464
2 is garbage.
I'm replaying 3 after playing BB and i feel frustated because everything is slow, the enemies look boring and the areas are mediocre.

Just reached Lost Izalith "ruins" and i still want to shoot whoever designed Farron's Keep.
>>
>BB=DaS>DeS>DaS2>DaS3

DaS2=DaS>DeS=BB>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS3

i really enjoyed bloodborne, but at the same time it didnt keep me interested enough to finish. still glad i payed full price for it and supported them. i kinda want some of my money back for ds3 tho.
>>
You motherfucker better be buying Nioh this week.
shit is on sale (still fairly expensive but probably worth the money)
i am having a really good time with the game and it has the most comfy coop you can imagine, cause its not completly fucked like in souls games.
PvP aint bad either.
>>
The lore is nothing but DS1 callbacks, and that really holds the whole game back from original ideas. Unlike 2, which at least took some risks and was original, 3 played it way too safe after 2's failure.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.