[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AM2R Developer Joins "Ori" Sequel as Level Designer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: jpeg.jpg (97KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
jpeg.jpg
97KB, 576x576px
https://twitter.com/AM2Rgame/status/894258310022615040
>It's a special day for another reason. I'm now part of Moon Studios, I'll be working on level design for Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I'm glad he got hired for Ori 2 instead of Nintendo hiring him to work with those Lords of Shadow developers on the 3DS remake.
I think I'll save those $40 I was going to spend on that 3DS remake and put it towards Ori 2 tbqh.

Thoughts? Hype?
>>
A talentless hack joins a group of talentless hacks. Joy.
>>
>>386385347
Hi Reggie.
>>
>>386385347
talentless hack who makes a better game by himself then nintendo has made in the past 20 years
>>
>>386386302
>"""""""better""""""
>>
>>386385347
T. Nintendo
>>
>>386385210
im happy that he has a job
>>
>>386385210

I don't see the problem.
>>
Memes
>>
Now call it a ROM hack like I know you want to, you skidmark.
>>
>>386385210
As long as it's not enemy design it's fine. Most of the metroid fights were kinda shit.
>>
>>386385347
Whats with all the super cunty contrarians recently?

Like. Id tell you to kill yourself but I feel like you would actually do it to break the norm of a typical reaction to such a comment.
>>
>nintendo is retarded
no way
>>
>>386386551
It has a an EXE its no longer a romhack fag
>>
>guy who makes a "game" that's basically ripped from a preexisting work now in charge of making original level designs
This is one of those examples of how this dumb practice of "indie dev solidarity" ends up hurting games in the end. The Ori devs could have hired someone to actually make the sequel not a linear borefest, but no let's bring in a guy who has nothing original to his name except some minor controversy.
>>
>>386386817
It never was a ROMhack, but there's one persistent little spastic that comes into every AM2R thread and calls it one
>>
>>386385210
I'm just glad the AM2R guy has work.
He deserves it.

And the creators of my two favorite recent metroidvanias? Holy crap yes.
>>
They also recently hired one of the lead designers of Rayman: Origins and Legends.
>>
>>386386941
Well to be fair he did rip a lot of assets from a rom to make it.
>>
i can't wait to not play this game
>>
>>386385210
Cool

too bad this thread has already been derailed by shitposting
>>
File: 3MTRQ9w.jpg (59KB, 777x432px) Image search: [Google]
3MTRQ9w.jpg
59KB, 777x432px
>This thread

>I can post twice-regurgitated pablum too! I can say I dislike shit for no reason too! Am I cool yet??
>>
Too bad this shit will only be on the Win10 store and not Steam
>>
Sweet. I liked the first Ori, but the actual level design, aside from the art, was pretty bland.
I would hope someone with extreme familiarity with Metroid games would do a lot to rectify that.

Good for him.
>>
Ori was schlock, so that's pretty underwhelming. Would have been far better to have him work on Samus Returns.
>>
>>386387479
Cry more /g/
>>
>Level design
So the devellopement just started for the sequel?
>>
>>386387479
It'll probably go on steam later after release
>>
File: 1443479323344.jpg (7KB, 205x249px) Image search: [Google]
1443479323344.jpg
7KB, 205x249px
>>386385210
Oh shit, that's fucking rad. AM2R is probably my favorite Metroid game all things considered, this sounds great.
>>
>>386387771
It's called additional work. All the original team is back pretty much, they're probably just making a bigger game this time. Also they hired a couple guys from the Rayman:Origins team on about a year ago, and the name of the game was leaked over a year ago.
>>
>>386386302
wooooooow
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.