[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stalker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: header.jpg (40KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
40KB, 460x215px
About to start pic related for the first time, what mods do I need and what difficulty should I play on ?
>>
Vanilla is playable.
Play in the hardest difficulty, it's worth it.
>>
ZRP, absolute textures, weather overhaul, fov changer
Master
>>
File: Herrrrre's_Strelok.webm (3MB, 880x444px) Image search: [Google]
Herrrrre's_Strelok.webm
3MB, 880x444px
>>386384189
just go vanilla, hardest difficulty, no cross hairs. cheeki breeki, senpai
>>
>>386384189
vanilla, play on hardest difficulty
if the head bobbing is too much for you there's a way to remove it or make it less shit
>>
File: stalker guide v1,42.png (1MB, 1536x1250px) Image search: [Google]
stalker guide v1,42.png
1MB, 1536x1250px
>>386384189
Consult this Starting Guide,
then see the /vg/'s huge Stalker General for more tips and links: >>>/vg/stalker

Play in the release order. Start with no mods - only latest patch, OR get the full "Starter Pack" first; these contain bug-fixers and light visual mods that can help performance as well.
Leave big overhauls for later playthrougs. Avoid the "Complete" -mods. Always play on MASTER difficulty for best realism and atmosphere, and disable crosshair.

Don't give up in the beginning! The starting gear sucks ass and first area can be a bit boring.
>>
Right I'm going to play vanilla, master but if I encounter lots of bugs or crashes I'm going to use ZRP.

Thank guys.
>>
>>386384617
why the fuck does this gun use 9x39 ?
>>
File: The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg (636KB, 986x897px) Image search: [Google]
The 3 Stages Of Stalkan 2016.jpg
636KB, 986x897px
>>386386404
np mate. There's really nothing stopping you from going straight to the Starter-Packs / ZRP only, but if you do, make sure you disable some of the truly new stuff it has enabled by default (in latest ZRP builds, that is. I think the SP has an older version).

The FOV Switcher, which also is included in S.P., is also something most people like to have right off the bat.

While at it, here's some handy tips and tricks:

>reduce headbob / floaty mouse movement
Type this into the in-game console (ยง key):
cam_inert 0.1

>Fix "stretching" shadows near screen edges in widescreen (SoC only)
r2_sun_near 20.
r2_sun_near_border 1.

>>386386710
It's an unique handcannon you only can find once in the game. Quite impractical though.
>>
>>386384617
>no cross hairs

Why?
>>
File: AMK Garbage road.jpg (500KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
AMK Garbage road.jpg
500KB, 1920x1200px
>>386387326
They are literally only on your way.
The only time you don't want to aim through sights is when something creepy is already about to claw your eyes out.

In case you didn't know it already, STALKER games do not have hit-scan weapons, but instead use very detailed, even slightly exaggerated bullet-physics. This means that all shots have real travel time, they start to drop at certain distance, and can even ricochet off hard surfaces.

Many rookies have whined about the shitty "hobo gear" in the beginning, not realizing how short reach and armor penetration statistics those pocket pistols and sawn-off shotguns have. You really need to get close to your target and/or learn how to "lead" with your aim.
Later on, when you get proper rifles, maybe a scope and some AP-ammo, things get much, much easier. But even then it's best to do the Low-Crouch, set your gun to Semi-auto mode, and aim down the sights.
>>
Hey anons, i have decided to try out the game so i started STALKER SoC on the second hardest difficulty, but the enemies are bullet sponges. I am at the point where you need to get into some research facility and to get intel you must save some guy from a military attack.

Is it worth it to restart the game on master? If i do should i use any mods or just play vanilla? What mods should i use then?
>>
>>386388902
Can you not just change the difficulty mid game?
>>
I really liked SoC. I wasn't as big of a fan of CS. How does CoP compare to both?
>>
Can I get a quick rundown on CoC, how does it stack up agains other mods?
>>
>>386390596
It's better than CS but not as good as SoC imo. It doesn't recycle areas like CS, instead it has only 3 new ones though they're larger than areas in the other games. The faction system is out, the main story's pretty boring, and the bad English voice acting reaches its height. Overall breddy gud.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.