[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The game is finally out. Why does nobody talks about it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 5

File: Hinterland_TLDWidgetFPO-400x400.jpg (40KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hinterland_TLDWidgetFPO-400x400.jpg
40KB, 400x400px
The game is finally out. Why does nobody talks about it?
>>
because I played enough of it like 2 years ago. It was pretty cool though.
>>
because its bad
>>
bad and unrealistic
>>
>>386382116
Elaborate. I only fiddled for 2 hours on the main story and it seems pretty basic plot. And the mechanics is still good.
>>
go out, find food and water and wood, go back inside warm self up, rinse and repeat the game.
>>
>start story mode
>day one
>told to boil snow for water
>there are a bunch of lootable items around
>look for a container for the snow so I can carry it
>eventually give up and go to my fire ten feet into a snowless cave
>oh I guess I just carry the snow in my hands and hold them over the fire, also I apparently summon jugs out of thin air to hold the water
>uninstall
>>
>>386382447
Maybe learn to suspend your imagination and try not to believe this is supposed to be the most realistic survival simulator in the world.
>>
>>386382595

why did they sell the game as a realistic survival simulator then you nigger
>>
>>386382447
Genuine, unironic autism.
>>
It's been out for literally years, this early access "oh yeah the game is """released""" now" thing is horseshit

it's still just survival game #4536345345 except without anything interesting about it. You could literally walk into the woods and do the real thing instead.
>>
>>386382686
It can take some liberties you dumb faggot.

Realistic ≠ fun.
>>
>>386382595
a container for water is legitimately one of the most crucial things for survival.
>>
>>386382595
>>386382743
oh okay, I should be able to start fires using magic too, no need for matches

why do players need bandages to bind a wound? pure autism

if someone is following the rules set in place by previous actions in the game and then the game itself just ignores its own internal logic, I find myself unable to suspend my disbelief
>>
>>386382927
id pay 59.99 for a game that let me do this
>>
>>386382913
And the first thing players should be looking for, but no need - apparently you already have some, but the game doesn't tell you :^)

In defence of this, I noticed when walking around the player seems to have a pack on their back making clanging sounds - I imagine this to be the sound of his pot(s) and containers. It just felt really logic-breaking at the time.
>>
>>386382035
It's really fucking slow and boring, and the story is uninteresting.
>>
Because the game is finished before and the main campaign is not that interesting. Episodic too, which probably kills it quicker.

The game itself is fine. There are some questionable design choices that kept for years like this >>386382447, but the majority are fine. The game might be boring for some people, but if you planning for a proper innawoods gaming experience, this is probably the best game you can get.
>>
does it still have pitch black darkness (can't see your hands in front of your face) outside? the survival mechanics are horrible (have to eat every 2 seconds).
>>
is subnautica /ourearlyaccesssurvivalgame/?
>>
>>386383797
Nights are dark but not pitch black, you can still see somewhat
>>
File: poo in the ocean.png (692KB, 930x1052px) Image search: [Google]
poo in the ocean.png
692KB, 930x1052px
>>386383869
no. Maybe if they changed stuff like pic related. The developers are Australian so this makes no sense.
>>
>>386382686
> sold as a realistic survoval simulator
> very first words on screen openly states something along the libes of "This game is a work of fiction and in no way represents actually surviving in nature. Something about wild wolves not being aggressive and if you try this in real life you may die"
>>
>realistic survival game

>can't start fire with sticks
>lighters don't exist
>can't craft any improvised tools/weapons like a spear
>can't jump over 2" obstacles
need to eat 20 lbs of food a day in order to stay alive
>fucking freezing cold outside but you can't freeze food to preserve it
>can't dry meat to preserve it
>candles don't exist
>tools and clothing deteriorates retardedly fast
>can't sleep in a chair or on the floor
>need to cure hides? just throw them on the floor for a week
>liquid drinks/water never freezes
>wolves sit in one spot and eat a deer corpse for 24 hours
>>
>>386384153
nsjws are real
>>
>>386384153
his head appears to be in an incorrect aspect ratio
>>
File: 8e5[1].jpg (26KB, 537x307px) Image search: [Google]
8e5[1].jpg
26KB, 537x307px
>>386382035
>early access survival
>>
>>386386173
It's out
>>
>>386382035
Because the episodic story content is figuratively shit and the sandbox mode has been out for ages

>tumblr nose + cheeks
>>
I just couldn't get into it. The art style put me off and interacting with everything felt cold/wooden/plastic. I'm not talking about the environment or it's theme. I'm talking about moving across the ground, picking up objects, clicking, inputs, outputs, etc. Just didn't mesh with me at all.
>>
>>386387071
>the game is set on cold places so it make sense to have red nose and cheeks
>hurt durr tumblr nose
I knew that one of you fags will complain about it
>>
I like sandbox, but i dont like the addition of hands. I like the floating stuff more
>>
>>386384153
>been in the water so long that your face is starting to look like a fish
>>
>>386384153
hol up
*eats fried chicken of the sea*
so you sayin
*robs a sandbank*
i cant use guns
*dies from local shoal enforcement*
>>
>>386385216
It was never meant to be a reslistic sim game. It was a "realistic" survival game: where you're fighting the nature for your own survival. You have to understand that the game was first released in 2012, where indie early access survival games are the ones where you fight zombies. This game is a bit different by making it more grounded in reality.
>>
>>386385216
>can't piss my name in the snow
>can't take a shit and wipe my ass
wooooooow
>>
>>386387331
To be fair, it looks really clownish
>>
>>386382035
Im in the second part of the history mode (played the survival mode years ago). the game is ok but in some points is just a walking simulator, i wish they add more crafting options, map markers to make it a bit better.
>>
>>386382035
its the only actual survival game on steam and the devs refuse to pander to multiplayer zombie twitch faggots.

im glad its under rated.
>>
>>386382253
Apparently the plot was good enough to get a movie made out of it
>>
File: 2005.jpg (15KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
2005.jpg
15KB, 200x200px
>>386385216
lighters do exist
you can craft weapons and tools
you can make torches
clothing is craft able and not in the slight hard to repair
you can sleep in car seats
wolves can be scared away. fucking bears camp your ass for weeks.
>>
Because the game lacks intrigue.

It has a decent amount of mechanics to have a generic fun loop, but there's no combat or puzzles or great narrative to act as a spice

This is like a good loaf of bread with nothing to add to it to make it a sandwich
>>
>>386384153

Subnautica devs are American, there is only one Australian guy.
>>
>>386382035
I'm playing the story now. Just gave the old lady her firewood
>>
>>386384153
Is this the only playable character?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (55KB, 372x432px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
55KB, 372x432px
>>386393480

Its a genderless asian minority

What more do you want gosh, don't you even understand what being diverse means you stupid nazi drumpft supporter
>>
>>386382035
It's not easy, I've already froze to death once on the story campaign. I like the final wolf AI, they seem more likely to run from you while you're healthy.
I'm only in Milton but besides the terrible cliche in the opening cut scene about saving the world the writing is pretty good.

>>386382116
If it was bad there would be 5 threads tearing into it. /v/ feeds off failure.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.