[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do I get this on 3DS or PS2? 3DS version is censored and has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

Do I get this on 3DS or PS2?

3DS version is censored and has worse orchestra, but it also has more content and mechanical improvements.
>>
ps2 desu
>>
>>386380265
>>
>>386380083
If you have CFW, you can uncensor the 3DS version and restore orchestral music.
Graphics are MUCH worse on 3DS though and so is the draw distance.
The new content is ehhhh and irrelevant really, the gameplay adjustments are very nice though.
Still, the presentation being so butchered I recomment you go with PS2 for your first playthrough.
>>
>>386380083
First playthrough on PS2, second one on 3DS

I just fucking hate nintendo and their garbage systems for this even being a problem

You should never have to ask yourself if a remake of a game is actually better than the original
>>
>>386380379
Presentation is sufficient for the handheld and the lower draw distances allows you to manipulate spawns and make it easier to proc metal slime family.
>>
>>386381107
>remake of a game
It's a port, not a remake. A remake would be like Lunar: The Silver Star for SEGA CD being completely redrawn, rebalanced, and with new mechanics in Lunar: Silver Star Harmony for the PSP.
>>
Get Nocturne on PS2 and nevee touch that casual trash DQ
>>
>>386380083
PS2. People talk about "mechanical improvements" in the 3DS version but always seem to leave out how much better the menus are in the PS2 version, which is a pretty big deal in a menu-based game.
>>
how well does DQ8 emulate?
>>
>>386381689
Harmony is LITERALLY a port of Lunar from PS1, just with sprites swapped like StarCraft Remastered, it's literally an asset swap with no other changes whatsover.
>>
PS2, just the thought of playing a long jrpg on that shitty 3ds screen makes me wanna puke
>>
>>386381993
Yeah, on the 3ds they don't even use the circle pad, which is a real turn off because it make it really uncomfortable to deal with. To be honest I'm thinking on selling my copy and just getting it for PS2. It seems to me that, day by day, there's not much reason for me to own my 3ds.
>>
>>386382138
Yeah, but it WAS a remake from the OG Sega CD version. I take it you're on a computer or an android phone, right? Download them both right quick and go see what I mean.
>>
>>386382316
PS1 was the remake you retard, not PSP.
Harmony is the PSP version.
PS1 is called Complete.
You said Harmony, so I correted you since Harmony wasn't a remake, it was an enhanced port of a remake.
>>
>>386380083
IF YOu have a good computer, emulate ps2 and upscale the textures, looks beautiful.
>>
File: 1447621344890.png (52KB, 232x205px) Image search: [Google]
1447621344890.png
52KB, 232x205px
>>386381819
its funny because nocturne is the smt equivalent of dq8
>>
>>386381993
does the 3ds version use the nip ps2 menus or something?
>>
>>386380083
God I Just want the hero to fuck Jessica's face without having to emulate a 3DS game, why is that so hard?
>>
>>386382954
Yes.
3DS version, while vastly improved, is at the core based on the Mobile version which in turn is based on Japanese PS2 version.
So you get those black and white awful menus, shit fonts that are barely readable even on an XL 3DS, no SSJ hair when going High Tension and so on.

Honestly this is one of the cases where remake simply isn't better, but more of an alternative.
All thanks to retarded Japanese and putting this shit on 3DS.
>>
>>386382202
If you don't like Pokemon there is literally no reason to ever dust off your 3DS anymore. Even with the "new" metroid you'd be better off just playing the fan made games again.
>>
>>386383301
If your choices are playing DQ8 on 3DS or not at all I would still probably say people would be better off not playing it at all. So much is lost in the 3DS version that it's just not even enjoyable and loses so much of its charm.
>>
>>386383815
Sorry anon but that's just douchey and I don't agree with this at all, playing 3DS is better than not playing at all.
Yes the visuals are downgraded as fuck, so is the HUD and some of the atmosphere due to 5 meters long draw distance but the story still carries the game.
The only thing I wouldn't recommend is playing at all if you don't have CFW because the orchestral music and uncensor patches are absolute must for the 3DS version to make it acceptable.
>>
Whoa, I didn't expect people to dislike the 3DS version so much. I've been having a lot of fun with it, I don't mind the menus and Morrie and Red are pretty cool. Not having to deal with random encounters are also a plus, and graphics don't make much of a difference to me.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.