[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can vidya even compete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: roll20-logo.png (21KB, 550x150px) Image search: [Google]
roll20-logo.png
21KB, 550x150px
How can vidya even compete?
>>
I don't have to interact with people to play vidya. Plus, I wouldn't even know where to find a group to play with. I doubt /tg/ accepts complete newfags.
>>
You can be good at vidya. Tabletop is just roleplaying.
>>
Online D&D honestly sounds like a fucking nightmare.
>>
single player games ensure I never have to deal with the horror that is the Roll20 community
>>
>>386380007
/tg/ loves newfags, go make a thread about being new and wanting to play DnD and you'll get dozens of recommendations to play a system that isn't shit.
>>
>>386380957
You can be good or bad at roleplaying, too. Some players are good story tellers or actors, while a lot of people have no clue what to do when they need to improv on the spot.
>>
>>386381908

5e is fine, pathfinder and other 3 / 3.5 offshoots are a special kind of autism
>>
>>386382393
What if I don't want to play DnD
>>
>>386380007
Roll20 website itself, /tg/, Reddit
>>
>>386382457
Then you can play Stars without numbers, Paranoia, Dark Heresy, etc. etc.
>>
I wonder what the odds of getting a roll20 group without a turbo-autist is? Every group I've had contains at-least one sperg.
>>
>>386382570
>2017
>Still disliking reddit
I shiggy diggy doo-doo pop
>>
>>386382736
Someday you'll find a sperg-less group, but you'll be their sperg.
>>
>>386379817
By not tying me down to a schedule. Roll20 is shit for most of the games I'm interested in, anyways.
>>
My only experience with D&D was in middle school and it always ended with the DM threatening to kill us.
>>
>>386382949
Reddit is pretty good for finding resources, pretty terrible for discussion, the up/downvote system turns it into a retarded echo chamber.
>>
>>386382736
Just form 2 groups, kick the shit ones and merge them into a super group.
>>
>only game shops nearby are a state away and only play Magic
>never RP'd in my life
>wary of the online tabletop community
>bad at socializing

these problems don't affect me playing vidya
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.