[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unpopular opinions I prefer Nioh over the Soulsborne games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: crowd control.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
crowd control.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
ITT: Unpopular opinions

I prefer Nioh over the Soulsborne games
>>
>>386377435
>i like easy mode

Ok
>>
>>386377435
I never played this game but combat looks like shit
>>
>>386377435
I prefer its combat but otherwise nah
It's a good starting point for a series though. With some fat-cutting and refinements the next Nioh could be a 10/10
>>
>>386377435
I haven't played a video game in 5 years but wow this game looks fun
>>
>>386377435
It's better than dark souls but not bloodborne
>>
I like the game more mechanically, but it doesn't ever capture's Soul's sense of exploration or adventure. There's nothing really interesting to find other than kodama since the game is a non-stop lootfest. I feel like the loot also ultimately starts hurting the gameplay, because the craziness of the damage multipliers inevitably leads people to only do one thing. Spam the same skill, or only attack from behind, or only use critical living weapon, or whatever.
>>
It's funny how people on here hyped this up to BTFO souls and then it was so utterly mediocre.
>>
>>386377435
I definitely like it more than Souls 2 & 3. The stuff they added to combat is really a fresh breath of air and makes the overall experience valuable even if the presentation isn't as good, and the difficulty significantly easier.
>>
>>386377435
There was too much shit you had to mind in the game--takes like 20 minutes just to optimize everything, only to get a rare-drop upgrade 5 minutes into a level.
>>
Combat is a really great evolution of the souls formula. I even like the level select and NG+ style of Nioh. But the constant flood of loot and a really small variety of enemies make it a slog after a while.
>>
Remember that cunt who would dump nioh webms on every souls thread?

Wonder what he's doing now and whether his anus has stopped giving him pain.
>>
>>386377435
Its interesting game, but the only reason I even explore in the game is because of habit from the souls games. The enemy design of existing enemies is good but I do hate that there are no new enemies past a certain point in the game aside from mildly different enemy variation. Dark Souls 2 had the same problem
>>
>>386380725
I heard if you get a the season pass they enter the new enemies from the dlc to the original game
>>
>>386377435
Preferred it over any Souls game or Bloodborne. I mean, don't get me wrong. I enjoyed Bloodborne immensely and got some enjoyment out of Souls games. I mean, it could have been better if you had a giant map to explore that wasn't some obtuse nonsensical bullshit like Dark Souls II and III. Mind you, the DLC for Nioh isn't great and is only difficult for difficulty's sake. They're also pretty short.
>>
>>386381867
I can confirm that dlc enemies started showing up in main story missions in way of the wise. Dunno if that's only with buying the dlc, and I didn't notice any changes like that on earlier difficulties.

I wouldn't say it changes much though. I actually think the game has a decent amount of enemy variety, it's just that there's so little reason to fight things when you're playing through the same stages over and over again and there's zero reason to explore. Having different enemy layouts on missions might be interesting in a game where there's a real reward for clearing out the map, but that's barely there the first time around, much less the 4th. People just run past everything to the boss.

The other thing hurting enemy variety is just the general power gaps. I'm killing most regular enemies in 1 hit, rarely 2. It really doesn't matter what the enemy is or how different it acts at that point, because the fight lasts literally 2 seconds.
>>
One thing's for certain, it's got way better weapons and combat than Soulsborne.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.