[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Absolver

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 1

Will it be shit or a surprise hit?
>>
It'll be a decent 7.5/10 and everyone will make a meme out of some flaw the game has, as it usually goes
>>
For one the staff in that picture won't be in the game
>>
>>386366519
If it does what For Honor did right and simply have enough content to actually be worth it, then yes it will be a good hit. Otherwise, it will fail just like For Honor because it'll get boring
>>
>>386367334
Can we start by realizing its not much like for honor
>>
There is a middleground you missed, faggot
>>
>>386368202
nah, if it's not great it's not worth our time
>>
>>386368814
There is nothing wrong with playing games that don't get straight 10s, especially in a medium so saturated with shit
>>
>>386367334
Why do people keep comparing this game to For Honor? it looks nothing like it
>>
>>386366519

tell me, why do the wear the masks?
>>
>>386369079
It has 1v1 combat and is in third person!
>>386369098
Getting punched often ruins your face
>>
>>386366519
the actual combat part felt kind of slow and simplistic. it feels success depends more on your build and you just go through the motions. I don't think it will see much success based on the slower pace of the game alone.
>>
>>386369079
>>386367649

IIRC, devs who worked on For Honor are working on this. No idea if it's the core team, since that could mean it was just some retard making a couple art assets.

Also, since For Honor was the most recent 3rd person fighting game, they might as well learn from what worked and what didn't work
>>
>>386369265
The point is to test which person adapts to the others moveset quicker. No shit you can't have ultra quick moves in a game where the movesets aren't static, it would be pure chaos.
>>
>>386369668
looking at gameplay, it doesn't really look like a slow game though. wish I'd gotten into the beta to see for myself. maybe the fast moves are endgame? I'm sure some moves will come out faster than others, and it will be possible to make a fast moves deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOVrCEoIao
>>
>>386369535
Completely different ubisoft studio
>>
>>386366519
it'll be an 8 and the online activity will die faster than For Honored
>>
>>386369967
A lot of the speed is based on correct rhythm when you are linking moves, I don't know what the numerical speed bonus for that is, but the fastest moves in the game are 0.2 seconds minus whatever that speed bonus gives you.
>>
>>386370027
I know, I just remember that devs who had worked on For Honor who aren't part of the studio anymore are working on this. Again, not totally sure if it's true
>>
>>386370164
That's what I'm worried about. It looks fun, but I doubt the community will last longer than a month or two
>>
>>386366519
>online melee

>Hey dude lets take the worst part of online pvp and make a whole game around it!
>brilliant!
>>
Well, /v/, do you come from the school of the Parry, Guard, or Dodge?

There's only 1 correct answer.
>>
>>386370407
Y-You know there is a genre dedicated to this?
>>
>>386370482
Clever trick question, its none of the above but drunk fist
>>
>>386366519
>xbox port after ps4 and pc launch
Jesus fuck why does xbox get shafted for everything?
What did we do to deserve this!?!?!
>>
>>386370741
Kinda self explanatory aint it
>>
>multiplayer god hand where you unlock moves by fighting against enemies who use them

I was in just from the concept, I hope they do it justice.
>>
>>386371190
I wish you could use the move immediately the moment you learn it, it would make for cool moment of
>heh, I've mastered your every move, watch this
>*unzips*
>>
>>386371190
i wish it was as entertaining as godhand
>>
>>386366519
Will this game be more than a MP only game? otherwise it will be pretty much dead a month after release
>>
>>386371887
It has dark souls like SP

Probably not half as long though
>>
>>386372018
Is this confirmed? It wasnt like that in the beta test. It was more you just wandered around the open world looking for rare enemies to learn moves against. no real actual story or objective or bosses. It's "dark-souls-like" in that you can come across other players and kill them
>>
>>386371518
If it went for the over the top insanity of god hand this game would be an instant 10/10

Martial arts theme aint bad either, though
>>
>>386372431
It has the level and item progression of dark souls, as well as a stronger boss st the end of all of them. Not as linear though, you're right. And the story didn't seem like anything other than "you are baby go get good" from the beta.
>>
It has no 5f jabs its shit
>>
I really loved the beta tbqh
>>
>>386374226
Even the netcode?
>>
>>386374226
It wasn't that bad
>>
No staff no buy
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.