[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this game so fucking easy? I am 60 hours in, playing on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 5

Why is this game so fucking easy? I am 60 hours in, playing on Hard and there are so many broken lineups that make every engagement a joke. Not to mention Joker can literally just counter everything and have every spell you ever need. Then there's the social confidant links that make the game even more trivial.

No one seems to say it gets harder either, only easier. It's definitely pretty, but holy fuck it's casual.
>>
>>386365192
>why is this game so fucking easy?
Because it's Persona
>>
>>386365353
This.

Go play the real mainline games.
>>
>>386365469
Recommend me a modern difficult RPG that requires a lot of minmaxing (something p5 clearly tried but failed at)
>>
Bump. Any ideas on making this game more difficult or shoudl I stop playing?
>>
>>386365192
>playing on Hard
that's problem, try playing the game in merciless difficulty.
>>
>A Persona game is bad
Can you honestly say you were surprised OP?
>>
>>386367104
Why did nobody tell me i had to download DLC for the game to become good?
>>
>>386365709
It's an abandoned design philosophy.
Etrian Odyssey still has some traces of it.
>>
>>386367238
at least it's free.
>>
>>386367104
Merciless is easier than Hard. Crit and Weakness damage multiplier is higher on Merciless, so if you manage to get a crit on a boss, they'll often lose like half their health or even get one-shot. If you get crit or your weakness gets hit, its pretty much an instant game-over for you. Plus its more grindy, you only get .75 EXP and Yen per battle so you end up fighting mobs more often than you would on Hard, so all Merciless really does is artificially boost the amount of time you spend in Palaces and make you poorer.
>>
>>386367510
>JRPG difficulty just boils down to grind
It's like Persona 5 is your first JRPG. Probably is.
>>
>>386367104
Merciless is the same as Hard but with extra grinding which is also made somewhat easier thanks to extra damage on Weak, Technical and Crticial.
Game is filled with blatant level checks so you can't even use it to try a low level run because it will end with you getting instagibbed by bosses.
>>
>>386365192
persona isn't a series to satiate your difficulty autism, go play dark souls again
>>
>>386367608
Its more grindy than Hard. Hard lowers the damage you do and increases the damage/stats of the enemies so its the better difficulty, it doesn't increase the damage multipliers on weak/techs/crits. Hard keeps the Yen and EXP payout from Normal mode, so you're getting difficulty while also not grinding as much. I've played other JRPGs and they've done the whole insane difficulty better than P5, but P5 isn't really a hard game so it doesn't really matter. The only hard battle in the entire game is the Twins.
>>
>>386365469
To be fair IV and IV:A are moderately easy, though more difficult then Persona. In IV magic is broken as fuck. Last really difficult SMT was Strange Journey. At least in IV and IV:A I actually got game overs in dungeons and against bosses, P5 is just pathetic.
>>
>>386367961
Twins are trivial because you just use meme Samurai.
>>
>>386365192
>Why is this game so fucking easy?
Because you open 99% of fights with an ambush.
>>
The game was disappointingly easy but it's hard to say because it could just be a case of the players having already developed an understanding of how the game works having played previous entries.

Lots of the challenge of SMT games and their spinoffs usually come early on, when you've only recently been introduced to the series, and you just have some kind of dumb party setup/wrong personas which makes the game extremely hard, and you aren't familiar enough with the battle or fusion systems to quickly fix the problem. Most people were probably playing this game knowing to watch out for weaknesses, knowing that each boss probably has a few ideal personas and skills to make it easier, and were prepared for this already, making any difficulty evaporate.
>>
>>386368245
Doesn't require like a few million Yen to give him all the stat immunities? You can fuse Satanael and basically do the same thing, but yeah the fights in this game aren't the main focus, the story and dating sim are.
>>
VNs are not supposed to be hard
>>
>>386368357
Yea I played/beat persona 5, my first smt/persona game. Honestly the thing that got me was not knowing when the bosses would use their charge up attacks so joker was at half health and died even if I blocked.

I didn't help that some charge up attack took two turns so I spent two turns blocking letting my def boosts and attack debuffs fall off right when they finally attacked : |
>>
>>386367104
I actually was going to make my second post about Merciless but my internet lagged out. Merciless literally has the exact same values as Hard, the only difference is the critical/technical increases that can easily be dealt with using the right gear and having a party and inventory with the methods of dealing with it. Just remember, THE REST OF THE GAME is the same. Merciless isn't even a real difficult.

>>386368357
This is my Persona 5 game and I loved the daytime feature of the game and the social link system that let your strengthen your party in unique ways. It was only after until I realized that you don't even need many bonuses to win every battle.
>>
>>386369107
I can see most of the game revolves around the constant dialog, but the characters are not nearly interesting enough to make it satisfying. You can tell by the fact that it's s easy to get the best possible response with every character interaction.
>>
Why do people say it's easy? I'm playing on Normal and getting destroyed at Kaneshiro's Palace
>>
>>386369970
The Onis are the second hardest normal encounters in the game.

P5 does punish players for playing badly, but playing optimally is not as hard as in other Atlus RPGs.
>>
>>386369970
There are multiple spells you should have already acquired that allows you to buff your attacks to not need a counter.

This game would be far more interesting if it wasn't reliant on knockouts.
>>
>>386368515
>the story and dating sim are.
Its amazing how spectacularly it fails at both
>>
>>386368515
>every character interaction is listening to teenagers whine while you compliment them
>literally no one cares if you do nothing but suck up to people

>dating sim is literally just like building a social link and then going to the same locations and having one conversation
>>
You didn't even mention the social skill buildup.

>need futaba link for combat bonuses
>spend a few days working at the flower shop and going to the maid cafe until I have the proper stat

what enjoyable fucking gameplay
>>
>>386365469
Persona is the real mainline game, retard.
>>
If it wasn't for the super flashy manga style and animations this game would have been a fucking 6/10 or 7/100
>>
>>386371732
>I'm a retard who is amused by flashing lights
>>
>>386365192
Persona is a spin off of a more hardcore series and that series sells like shit. Persona is casual because making SMT hardcore hasn't been profitable. Blame the casuals who only buy easy shit.
>>
>>386370990
>>386371224
Yeah I kinda wish they elaborated more on the whole relationship aspect of Persona. I mean, you can max link someone and never talk to them again and they will still treat you like you're the best person they've ever met. At least make the social links actually matter in the story, or focus more on the romance in that the girl you've romanced actually acts like a girl in love or whatever. The story leaves much to be desired too, I honestly couldn't really give a shit about evil adults when the protagonists approach the matter in some of the dumbest ways possible and barely get punished for doing so, such as Makoto being stupid as fuck and still getting what she wanted in the end.
>>
>>386371412
>friend plays and beats game first
>completes half the compendium and maxes out the social skills
>play through game for the first time on his NG+
Honestly I don't feel like I'm missing much. Having the compendium halfway complete means less trial-and-error when guessing an enemies strengths/weaknesses and having maxes out social skills means less time grinding and more time doing social links.
Is this wrong?
>>
>>386371853
Yeah clearly I'm amused by this game with my very low opinion of it.
>>
I hope p6 has social links that affect dialog in the story.

That being said, the game so far is pretty easy aside from two or three specific encounters. The game has become my GOTY so far, but there's tons of aspects that could've been improved.
>>
>>386365192
No one ever said it was hard. It's definitely harder than most FF/DQ games, but it's still not hard. But it's all a matter of perspective. Let someone who's only played FF/DQ play any Persona game and they'll get wrecked.
>>
The irony is that Hard is actually harder than Merciless. Because in Merciless the critical hit rate is so high you can abuse it.
>>
>X game is too easy
>Y game is too hard
why the fuck would you post this to /v/? i've never even seen anyone claim p5 is hard, so this thread doesn't really relate to any opinion this board "holds", you're just using /v/ as your personal diary
fuck off
>>
>>386365192
I think you're misunderstanding something. The actual difficulty in Persona games is time management to max out all social links and stats. Dungeons are expected to be cleared in one day so that you have the maximum amount of time for the actually important stuff in the game.
>>
>>386372657
I asked why it isn't hard whatsoever, even on the HARD difficulty. There are so many ways to make your party synergy OP as shit with all the buffs and equipment the game has against everything in the game.

Oh yeah, let's talk about money. Do one palace, sell all your unnecessary items and you are fucking loaded. It's just like FFXV where I had a constant supply of pots because getting money was so trivial. It is so easy to get everything you will ever require just because of all the loot you get from dungeons. Hell, you can even hold up strong level enemies that are too time consuming to kill and get 10k just from one enemy.
>>
>>386365192
P5 is the second easiest Persona game. If someone had trouble with this game it basically means it was their first one.
>>
>>386373356
>Actual difficulty is time managament to max out all social links
They fixed that in P5, Fortune Teller allows you to rank-up Social Links without spending time with that person, only costs 5K Yen and it doesn't make the day move forward. I maxed out all Social Links and Stats in my first playthrough.
>>
>>386373356
It's really not. Takemi's discount and SP items means you can clear every dungeon in one day. Social links is all about checking your map and seeing who you can hang out with. There is plenty of time to max your social stats and social links.

But there isn't even a reason to. Some of them only give minimal benefits and the only reason to do their social links is if you're a competitionist.
>>
File: 1499289492153.png (663KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499289492153.png
663KB, 640x640px
>>386365192
The real question is why is your mom easy ?
>>
>>386373385
Look, if you actually take your time to learn and use the game mechanics in a game instead of mashing buttons or applying brute force, pretty much any game becomes easy. Congratulations, I guess you're an above average player.

However, most people don't do that. Most people nowadays expect to beat RPGs by spamming attacks. Most of them don't use any buff/debuff spells, they don't fuse Persona without weakness etc., they don't guard or switch out members unless they're told to.
>>
>>386372005
>Romance Takemi doctorfu
>Do Ann's story afterwards
>At some point me and Ann go off to pray or something
>While at the temple Takemi bumps into us
>"Oh hi you guys, are you on a date or something? lol."
>Doesn't care that her boyfriend is with some chick.
>Doesn't even come over and say "Hi I'm [CHARNAM]'s girlfriend."
>Doesn't really acknowledge us at all.
Whatever, the game is still fun, but it lacks these things which is Japanese laziness at its finest.
>>
>>386373356
Senpai you can max out all your slinks in this game on your first playthrough without trying. They casualized the fuck out of time management compare to 3/4.
>>
>>386374090
>pretty much every game becomes easy
Literally not true. And P5 has no reason to be this easy. there are fucking DIFFICULTY modes so if you want to just go ahead and button mash, lower the difficulty.

At hard difficulty I expect enough challenge to not steamroll through every dungeon just by using a few stat buffs and counters every fight.

Oh, and gotta love how every boss fight is made trivial by forced gimmicks.
>>
>>386373931
Pretty sure you still need to spend time with them, you just get a bonus if you do it on that day.
>>
>>386372657
FFXV is truly the easiest game of this century.
I got bored and ran past every enemy.
I think I was 26 levels too low for the last boss.
I died 00 times.
>>
>>386365709
Mobile games without spending money. Here you go.
>>
>>386365469
the only smt harder than p5 on hard is nocturne
>>
>>386374513
Funny enough the same reason FFXV was so fucking easy is the biggest reason this game is. Running out of pots and money to buy equipment to survive stronger attacks is never an issue. Just like never running out of money let you have 99 pots at all time in FFXV ruined the game.
>>
>>386374480
Yeah you need to spend time with them in order to level them up but you can pay the Fortune Teller to build up points to another rank up. Basically allows you to ignore them until they're ready to rank-up.
>>386374194
Yeah I kinda wish they made you being a cheating bastard a bad thing in the game and not just for one day. Imagine this, you're dating one of the party members and the other party members know about it. But then you go and date some non-party member and one of your friends sees this and asks you what you're doing with another girl alone. Next time you meet the party members, your romance partner asks cold and distant towards you and everyone else is obviously treating you differently. You can rectify things by talking to them, saying you're just spending time with a friend and they'll accept the answer but still act differently towards you and your romance partner would struggle to trust you, but this all can be mended through the passage of time. But do this again and again and you could possibly lose all trust from your party members. They would still fight with you and all, but they wouldn't act as close as they did before and even start talking down to you. Hell, imagine being stood up by your romance partner on Christmas/Valentine's Day do to cheating on her?
>>
File: 1487358239779-b.jpg (10KB, 274x274px) Image search: [Google]
1487358239779-b.jpg
10KB, 274x274px
>>386365709
MH4U, blow through everything until you can do 140 guild quests. That shit is hard and fun as fuck. You're basically in 2 shot territory (at best) from any monster worth hunting.
You have to min-max if you want to solo it or you risk turbo-shitters using one of the following:
>a terrible relic weapon
>a GS that isn't Seregios or Black Fatalis
>any Hammer, LBG, HH, SnS, or Long Sword user
>starknight shitters
You get the idea. That shit still makes me mad, why can't they take 5 minutes to figure out what gear is actually good?
>>
>>386372657
That's bullshit. Even FF1 is harder than this.
>>
>>386375472
I solo Rajang 140 with Hammer, don't see the issue there.

And likewise when playing with friends. Hammer is fine if you're not completely retarded.
>>
>>386375710
But you can't trust most hammers you see. Hunting horn too even though I love using it myself. Also why hammer for rajang? It's built to be abused by GS and it has that 50% stun resistance.
>>
>>386375472
>MH4U

Not an RPG, retard.
>>
>>386375614

In DQ games, the key to winning is grinding your ass off.

In FF games, the key to winning is exploiting game-breaking combinations.

In SMT and Persona games, the key to winning is carefully planning an array of demons/Personae who can resist your enemy's attacks and counter by exploiting weaknesses.

Which one sounds more cerebral?
>>
>>386375614
I said most. Plus, any FF game except FF8 can be made trivial by grinding just a little. You don't even need to grind, if you do all side quests in FF games, the final boss is a fucking joke. Nothing can touch you at that point. FF8 is an exception because the enemies get harder with your level. Grinding would actually make the game harder, but then again the junction system is so broken, it's not a problem either.

In Persona games, you can't really grind because of lack of SP and having to clear the dungeons in as few days as possible.
>>
>>386376172
The problem is you're on /v/. People google good persona fusions and confidant exploits, and then they complain that the game is too easy.
>>
>>386375901
Just because I like hammer. I mean I don't play things like MH "for efficiency" once I'm mostly done with the gear I want.

I grew to love hammer after S-ranking Triplets Arena quest.
>>
>>386376172
Persona is identical to throwing pokeballs at enmies and then breeding pokemon until you have every counter spell, except it's easier than Pokemon because your party has 6 spells each and isn't limited to 6 pokemon.
>>
>>386365192
>Why is this game so fucking easy?
Because Purseowner isn't about dungeon crawlan, it's about time management.
The challenge is to max out all your social links optimally. Following the gamefags walkthroughs that only give you one day to do the dungeon is a bit of a challenge.
>>
>>386376584
But it's fucking not. This is my first persona game and after stocking up on some curry after the first dungeon I switched to hard early on and have cleared every dungeon in one day.
>>
>>386376417
This. I played P5 blind after having maxed out everything on both P3 and P4, and still didn't manage to max out all social links in my first playthrough because I started the fortune teller link very late. And without it, you'd have to follow a guide or be very lucky to max out all links on your first try.
>>
>>386376719
The map literally tells you where current social links are available. Every location also tells you about what social stats you receive from it and since it's so easy to clear every palace in one day you don't even need the fortune teller.
>>
>>386377035
>The map literally tells you where current social links are available.
That was never a problem.

I just looked up a max everything on your first playthrough guide. There's no room for error at all if you don't use the fortune teller. It's exactly like P3 and P4. If you mismanage even one day, you won't have enough time to max out everything. And that's providing that you cleared every dungeon in one day.

It's a lot easier in NG+, obviously.
>>
>>386377762
I still fucked it up in NG+
JDIMSA
>>
>>386376475

Yeah, except no Pokemon game is nearly as challenging as your average SMT game
>>
>>386377762
There are multiple social links that don't even need to be maxed. Some of them only give barely useful bonuses and some are irrelevant to max like the weak party members.
>>
>>386378773
The worst one by far is the journalist.
Sweet baby Jesus what a waste of fucking time.
>Hurr the palace alert doesn't go up as much!
>It goes up like 10% every time you get caught
>You only get caught by fucking up once in a blue moon
>It goes down again after you kill an enemy
??
?????
?????????????
>>
>>386365192
Are you doing each palace one day? I found the biggest challenge to be SP management if you want to clear every palace in one day, at least until S Links give you tons of SP items. Even without that, I didn't think it was super easy. I can't imagine how you would react to normal on most jRPGs.
>>
>>386378773
>the challenge of Persona games is to max out everything
>you don't need to max out some things because I don't like them

Yeah, I guess P5 is piss easy if all you want is beat it.
>>
>>386376172
You should play these games sometimes. You don't even need demons in SMT1/2.
>>
>>386379009
You can get SP items super early on. You can also buy more pots and use more physical attacks. You can also baton pass so you spend less mana on one character. You can also just buy the SP accessories from takemi early on. It's only an issue if you're an idiot
>>
>>386379009
>I can't imagine how you would react to normal on most jRPGs.
He's probably going insane.
>>
>>386376705
>stocking up on some curry
You fucking casual.
Of course it's easy if you make curry baka desu senpai
>>
>>386379151
Yeah just like the challenge of open world games is spending several hundred hours completing every single piece of content. Give me a break. There is no "challenge" in maxing out social links, its literally just competitionist bullshit achieved by autistically tracking how to efficiently spend daytime hours just so you can get multiple social links that barely even do anything for you.
>>
>>386379391
Well honestly it was more like making 1 batch per dungeon and that was more than enough with all the other SP items I picked up unintentionally.
>>
>>386379615
No matter if you like it or not, it is a challenge that is clearly set by the game. If you're going to ignore parts of a game depending on your preferences, you're not qualified to talk about its difficulty.
>>
>>386380603
Completion of every social link has nothing to do with difficulty as it requires no skill at all apart from memorizing the calendar.
>>
>>386365192
Baton pass also breaks the game.
>>
>>386380813
You could break down every task in a game like that, you know? And you really don't wanna talk about "skill" in a thread about a turn-based RPG.
>>
File: baofu_01.gif (280KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
baofu_01.gif
280KB, 500x278px
They made it way too easy to exploit the game. The secret boss in NG+ can be made into a joke using specific Personas. I still love the game, but it is way easier than the other games in the series.
>>
>>386374629
That's completely untrue.
>>
>>386380964
No you can't. Difficult RPGs require harder management of hp/mana, equipment, party composition and what spells are required for the situation. Every P5 fight is easily beaten with an initial defense buff, maybe an attack buff, and the rest of the strategy doesn't require any thought.

Also, did you know strategy can be considered a skill? Guess what turn RPGs are primarily about? This game seems perfect to button masher VNs, but not to anyone looking for a serious RPG.
>>
>>386381008
>I still love the game, but it is way easier than the other games in the series.
You really think people don't know the real meaning of that sentence?
>>
>>386381379
>management

Whoops, you used the word. Every skill in turn-based RPGs is about management of some sort because there is no actual sensory motor skills involved. Time management in Persona requires just another form of such skill. Deal with it.
>>
>>386381720
Yeah, management of what you do in COMBAT. Not managing your fucking schedule. If that's what you love doing apply for an assistant position.
>>
>>386381720
>there is no actual sensory motor skills involved
Not quite right, some games do require a bit of motor skills depending on the mechanics.
He's not wrong that Persona has bad design in terms of management though, then again, SMT as a whole has problems with that kind of thing, understandably so.
>>
>>386382278
>If that's what you love doing apply for an assistant position.

No, thanks, I'll just play Persona instead.

>>386382338
I thought we were talking about turn-based RPGs.
>>
>>386382278
They're talking about turnbased rpg. Unless you count few games where they have QTE (Final Fantasy) but they're not talking about that.

>>386382278
But you do have to manage the combat too.
>>
>>386382497
>I thought we were talking about turn-based RPGs.
Yes, we do, see Shadow Hearts, Valkyrie Profile, Unlimited Saga and so on.
>>
>>386382585
one meant for>>386382338
I should go to sleep. Where's my Morgana when I need one?
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.