[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I never owned a 3DS. Should I pick this up and, if so, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: new-2ds-xl.jpg (146KB, 1080x600px) Image search: [Google]
new-2ds-xl.jpg
146KB, 1080x600px
So, I never owned a 3DS. Should I pick this up and, if so, what should I get for it?
>>
>>386362667
cheap build quality, you're better getting a used *new* 3ds xl on craigslist for 100 buckaroos
>>
>>386362667

yes but don't update your firmware if you want to install CFW
>>
Only if you're gonna hack the shit out of it.
>>
>>386362842

Hm, I've heard nothing but good things about the build quality. Have you messed with one?

>>386363118

No real interest in pirating. Thanks though.
>>
>>386363175

How come? Aren't the games still good?
>>
>>386363326
Yeah but what's wrong with getting stuff for free?
>>
>>386362667
Just buy a refurb one from Nintendo. It's like the first post said but in new condition.
>>
>>386363228
He's an idiot. The build quality is good. You won't regret it.
>>
>>386362667
Just get an N3DS XL from Nintendo's site under the used ones. Cheap and isn't the flimsy shit that the 2DS XL is, plus it has the slight sharpening and autobrightener that is provided by putting the 3D on minimum. Also doesn't have the retarded speaker placement.
>>
>>386363228

It's fine, people are just saying that because it's lighter. Same reason why apple puts weights in beats l m a o

It's pretty good, the speaker location kinda sucks but everything else is great. I especially like the cover over the cart now. My game popped out of my New 3DS before when I put it down thanks to the shitty placement.
>>
>>386363816
>Also doesn't have the retarded speaker placement.
>putting them on the top so it weighs down the screen is better

Holy shit 3ds xl idiots need to off themselves itt.
>>
>>386363228
like other anons said, feels light. I don't like the plasticy feeling that is has either
>>
>>386362667
It's alright if you want the cheaper price, but there's not much in regards to bonus features in the New models over the old. The new 3DS has better 3D, without the 3D it's pretty much you can play 3 more games than the normal one can. Just get a cheap used non-new one if price matters to you, the N2DS XL isn't really worth it.
>>
>>386364070
You're a fucking retard if you think that's worse than the N2DS's idiotic placement that is covered by your hands. Or are you one of those retards who claim they get injuries from holding the XL because they have weak wrists?
>>
>>386362667
Might as well get a 3D supported model before they off the 3DS. /v/ bitches about it but some of the best games use it really well, like Kid Icarus Uprising, and it's guaranteed gone after the 3DS.
Unless you have astigmatism I guess.
>>
>>386364362
You're the fucking idiot for buying dead hardware. The 2ds XL is easily the best handheld Nintendo has put out in over a decade. And... I work a man's job, I would crush your tiny manlet face with my hands little boy.
>>
>>386364642
Well then why are you complaining about the weight? Shouldn't be an issue for a macho gorilla like you. N2DS is just the same dead shit minus a feature and with a terrible build.
>>
>>386364613
the 3d on the 3ds is the best 3d effect i have experienced compared to all other 3d effect media with my astigmatism, if only for short moments
>>
>>386365101
More of them should use depth based 3D, it works much better than popout.
Sorry about your eyes bro. My sister has severe astigmatism and can't use it for long either.
>>
Cheapo!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YnqZYVR3Oc
>>
>>386365017
>N2DS is just the same dead shit minus a feature and with a terrible build.

A gimmick feature that no one uses and the build is fine. It's clear you've never even used one. Lighter, smaller, same size screen, no gimmicks, looks nicer. Easily best handheld of the generation. Just because you made a shit purchase doesn't negate the fact it's the best anyone has seen in 10 years.
>>
What firmware did these ship with?
>>
>>386365563
I held my friend's, he bought it because he's a poorfag and wants to play Xenoblade.
It's light but that's not really that much of a bonus since you're a big strong manly man who shouldn't have any issues with that, aren't you?
You can dismiss the 3D all you want but the system is inferior to the N3DS XL simply because it's the same thing but with less. Looks nicer is an opinion but not one I share, it looks fucking terrible since they only have two crappy color schemes to choose from.
>>
>>386365563
It's not though. It's if you can't afford a better one.
Demo models felt like it was taped together and the lack of 3D means that you can't even stick it on minimum to use the autobrightener and the slight sharpness boost that 3D gives.
>>
>>386362667
How mant of these fucking threads do we need, just ask /vg/ or google it.
I'll repost this list.
>Premium
New 3DS XL-the best model with all the features and such. Best for playing anything (unless you prefer the smaller one). But pricier in most stores.
>High end
New 2DS XL-the premium one but with 100% TN screens and no 3D. Plays the same except for the lesser screen quality and options, but is cheaper. Odd audio placement. Light build if you're a weakling.
New 3DS-smaller version of the XL one, otherwise the same aside from extra cosmetic stuff. Would be the same as the premium tier one but is very difficult to find outside of Japan.
>Good
3DS XL-Large screen, plays everything adequately except for some laggier games like Hyrule Warriors.
3DS- small and cheaply made, but otherwise the same as the normal XL.
>Budget
2DS- cheaply built with budget everything, but it's the absolute cheapest. Can't fold.

Pick your poison.
>>
>>386362667
Get any 3DS and hack it
>>
>>386365901
>since they only have two crappy color schemes to choose from
wrong
>>
>>386366024
>It's if you can't afford a better one.

More assumptions. I already bought a 3dsl xl for my g/f since I net $1500 a week and money really isn't shit to me. I bought the best Nintendo system, you didn't.
>>
>>386366597
>Japan only
Good for you. Yeah yeah hack it but an LE, Japan only model that's probably been bought out by rabid DQ fans isn't much to work with.
>>
get the zelda remasters and a link between worlds. pokemon alpha sapphire or omega ruby. mario 3d land. idk theres a shit ton of 3ds/ds games to get i own like 40 so far.
>>
>>386366805
Cool story buddy, good for you that you can spew your money around like that and buy stuff for your gf all the time, it sounds like you're super successful and live a happy life.
N2DS XL is still dogshit though, but I ended up getting it because I'm an ultra poorfag. Feels worse built than my phone but plays worthwhile games.
>>
>>386366805
You bought a Gamecube? Good for you pal. Must feel better playing that than all these plebs with these shitty 2/3DS's.
>>
>>386367087
>Feels worse built than my phone but plays worthwhile games.

>something worth $150 feels worse built than something $600-$800

Man, you're as sharp as a balloon.
>>
>>386363228
cfw is worth it just for region-free and actually getting use out of the enhanced processor
>>
>>386367380
>implying
My phone was $80 richfag, not everyone buys the most pricey shit out there. Still feels better built than this thing, but I want to play Pokemon with less lag.
>>
>>386366805
I mean if you're having fun with it then alright, but I generally just prefer the model with all the features, and I like the new 3D in stuff like FE and Kirby. You seem unnaturally aggressive.
>>
I have both, I would recommend the New 3DS XL. The N2DSXL has a worse screen, has a midget stylus you'll have to replace, has TERRIBLE speaker placement, these niggers are right where your palms cover you have to actively shift the natural position you hold the fucking thing. Other than that it's fine but the slightly lower price doesn't make up for the shoddiness. Not sure why all the publications shilled the hell out of it.
>>
>>386367380
People pay that much for phones? Damn. I thought this $200 one was good enough. Are those iPhone prices or something?
>>
>>386367780
>The N2DSXL has a worse screen
IF you're lucky enough to win the screen lottery and get dual IPS.
>>
from what I've read youre better off just getting a Normal *new* 3ds if you live in the states
>>
The non-XL model was always better, why did the cucks win?
>>
>>386364642
>works a man's job
>plays Nintendo games
>plays any video games at all

Sure thing.
>>
>>386368060
This, but they're pretty fucking hard to find.
I wish you luck if you decide to get one of these.
>>386368098
Almost no one bought the normal one in Japan, where it wasn't a limited release. XL sold vastly more and thus they decided to cut production of the standard size.
>>
All matte finish & easily accessible SD card >>>>>>>>>> glossy shit & having to unscrew the backplate to access the SD card
>>
>>386363936
>Same reason why apple puts weights in beats
this can't be real
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.