[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOLY FUCK just finished the main campaign and killed kitava on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 508
Thread images: 43

HOLY FUCK just finished the main campaign and killed kitava on softcore after dying like 16 times to him

Is this game of the fucking year? Best ARPG in human history?

>find new white bow because I'm bow is like 10+ iLevels behind
>orb of chance it for 2 modifiers, ok no unique
>regal it and get only 1+ modifier and its accuracy
>fucking rage exalt it because fuck it all and get high physical damage roll
>fuck it lets keep going on my third jeweler orb it becomes 6 socket
>go even further beyond by 6 linking on my fourth fusing
>take it to my hideout and slap on physical damage multiplier
>go to kitava with my new bow which double my dps when I jumped from 4 link to 6 link
>have to micromanage all of my flasks because he deals unavoidable damage while throwing mobs and the floor is fucking lava and when its not there are worms making poison floors and secret one shot bombs creeping up as well
>have to shoot my blink arrows to jump over his swings
>have to cast my attack totem that I linked with rain of arrows every 8 seconds
>have to resummon my fire golem every 15 seconds
>basically playing starcraft 3 against 2 koreans at the same time
>killed kitava get epilogue feels good man I saved the day
>EXILE LOOK AT THESE MAPS SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT HERE
>mfw an actual endgame after the main game that took me 2 days marathon to complete

does diablo even have an endgame LOL. All I remember when I played diablo was putting everything into vitality and my main stat and melting diablo at the end on my first try without every dying once throughout the whole thing and then after that there was nothing left to do except grind for the sake of nothing.
>>
>>386359827
>All I remember when I played diablo was putting everything into vitality and my main stat
So you only played Diablo 3?
>>
Did you come up with that story yourself or did GGG give it to you when they hired you?
>>
>>386359827
kys
>>
>>386359827
Best (anything)? Fuck no.
It's a nice loot sim though
>>
>>386360240
I played diablo 2 but it sucked. Maybe if I played it on release. It sucks and needs a ton of modern features to be playable now though. You just spam one ability. Needs work desu.

>>386360280
I copy and pasted it from my brain since it just happened an hour ago
>>
>tfw everyones ingame instead of on /v/
>>
>>386359827
why is duelist the least bummy exile
>>
>>386359827
>dies 16 times to kitava

what the hell build are you using, silly
>>
>>386360681
>I played diablo 2 but it sucked.
So you only Played Diablo 3.
Got it.
>>
>>386361758
a fun notmeta build

I just needed more life nodes and more than one life flask desu
>>
>>386361758
Doh, nevermind. His arm swings don't reach the entrance though, don't know why you blinked over them
>>
>>386361758
A very fucked up build if he is using summoning, Totems and Arrows.
He has no consistency.
>>
Shithole for casuals.

Initial progression through the compaign is a complete nobrainer nowadays comparing to how it used to be like 5-6 years ago.
The game focuses on the endgame content, to which you progress via oneshotting literally everything. You can use 5 quicksilver flasks because that's the easiest content in any ARPG that doesn't even require thinking.

Late game which this game focuses on comes down to how good your build is. If it's good, you just buy the items required for your build and continue no mindlessly farm maps, still oneshotting everything.

In the end the game provides 0 challenge. It's only difficult if you hold your mouse for the first time ever and is no capable of performing repetitive tasks with the equal level of success.

This game is aids for casual autists. But sadly the ARPG genre has nothing else to offer.
>>
>>386361972
You can carry a unlinked decoy totem as well when youre in a pinch. Would help you a bunch with the summons he calls to buy you a second for the flask to do its thing or get some distance
>>
>>386362194
>casual autists

lol, only autistic fucking chimps like you give a shit about "muh challenge." it takes a very special kind of aspergers to die over and over to bullshit game mechanics and think "yeah, im having fun"
>>
>>386362067
my summon is a golem and the totem is a ranged attack totem support
>>
>>386362350
Only the casual dumbhead would think that "challenge" means that you are getting killed.
You dumb fuck probably has never used a single cell of your tiny brain to perform a task in the game that requires skill.
>>
>>386362508
name 3 games that take skill, shitposter
>>
>>386362621
Any MOBA, any FPS, any classic board game, many other ones.
>>
>totem build
>put totems on ground
>run in circles until it's time to put them up again
zzzzzz
>>
>>386362905
>Use one support totem
>Totem build

Zzzz
>>
>>386362812
>Any MOBA
LOOOOOL just as i thought you're a stupid dumb smelly nigger ogre who needs to back to his stinky nigger swamp

just die
>>
File: pepe vector.jpg (114KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
pepe vector.jpg
114KB, 1252x1252px
>hey let's make a melee dual wielding build and make use of skills that are made better by dual wielding
>exchanging any of the possible main skills at any point with blade flurry triples dps
>it's not even a single target skill
>>
>>386360681
>I played diablo 2 but it sucked
Opinions on anything: disregarded.
>>
>>386363235
I mean if you take 100 people and made them play diablo2 and then a modern arpg like Poe I think it's pretty obvious that the majority of them are going to think diablo2 is shit.

Like I said it was prob REALLY good when it came out but to be fun in 2017 it needs so much to even compete right now. I think the number of people currently playing Diablo 2 right now speaks for itself.
>>
>>386362194
>Initial progression through the compaign is a complete nobrainer nowadays
You must not be up to date because the latest expansion makes the campaign probably the hardest the game has ever been at any point. Even experienced players are licking their wounds and calling for nerfs by the end of act 10.
>>
File: lol.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>386362812
lol
even my captcha thinks you're retarde
>>
>>386362194
>Initial progression
>What the fuck the early part of the game is easy what were they thinking reeee

Play act 5 my nigga
>>
>>386363176
>Path of Powercreep
>Playing melee builds
>>
>>386363513
PoE is all the former Blizzard North employees that left when Blizzard was starting to go the Activision route. If you shit on D2 you're also shitting on the thought processes that makes PoE so good.

IMO D2 is still the absolute standard which all ARPGs are measured against. That being said, PoE is a worthy successor.
>>
>>386363923
>Not playing melee
>Not having infinite life
>Not having infinite armor
>Not having infinite fortify
>Not having infinite endurance charges

When will rangelets learn
>>
File: Logo Small.jpg (227KB, 1024x325px) Image search: [Google]
Logo Small.jpg
227KB, 1024x325px
>>386359827
>Best ARPG in human history?
Not even close.
>>
>Path of +2 to strength isn't really a skill tree
>>
>>386364280
Ashes of... Mal

Mouth? Lol someone got fired over this name
>>
I tried playing this game but i couldnt really get into it.
My friend was all excited for the new expansion and even I thought I was going to have fun but he likes to do a hardcore character every league, but I just don't see the purpose.
>>
>>386364372
>2017
>People still look at the passive skill tree and try to joke that it is filled with passives

There isn't a single skill on that tree LOL
>>
I've always wanted to get into this game. Everything from the art style to all the minmaxing seems right up my alley. But then I just hear about how the entire game is based around you leveling up so that you just one-shot everything over and over again for an autistic amount of time.

It's like Monster Hunter or Dark Souls but without any of the skill involved.
>>
>>386363013
I don't know, I'm just following this,
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931084
and it's boring as fuck
>>
>>386360240
Not sure if you've played Diablo 2 at all recently but nobody puts points in anything but health and strength outside of specific builds, unless they're new
>>
>>386364850
Just play game
>>
>>386364998

Shill me on it.
>>
File: 1501418777076.jpg (347KB, 1456x2052px) Image search: [Google]
1501418777076.jpg
347KB, 1456x2052px
>>386364280
>grim dawn
lel no. even TQ was better.
>>
>>386365080
if you don't want to play it don't you autistic faggot, absolutely nobody's waiting on you with bated breath like you seem to think
>>
HOLY FUCK this game is trash
>>
>>386365109
>didn't play the game: the post
Name one (1) thing Titan Quest does better.
>>
>>386359827
No, because you can't laze out while playing it, you have to pay attention, move with the fucking mouse like some sort or archaic 1400's game and use abilities with the keyboard.
>>
>>386364948
>Following a build as a new player

Wew

If you are low level I would recommend dropping your character and switching to hardcore and just playing the game with what you think is cool and having the wiki open on another tab to look up what keywords mean and learning from what killed you and trying out a different character to see more of the passive tree.

It's more fun that way. Use a build if you just want to beat the campaign and want to learn the lore or something.
>>
>>386364850
The appeal of the game is in the character building and customization and optimization. In many ways, the most fun part of the game is the part before you actually play, as counter intuitive as that may sound.

The appeal is not really in the gameplay or the "skill" involved since the gameplay is simplistic and doesn't require much skill once your character becomes powerful.

You play PoE to see how many different ways you can solve a puzzle, not because you enjoy using a hammer to solve every issue.
>>
>>386365080
Ok

If you have a fireball ability to can change it to instead shoot 3 fireballs or deal posion damage or make the fire ball move slower but with more damage or it explodes but with a bigger aoe. You can combine a ton of effects with a ton of different skills. It's fun trying out something new Everytime.

Also the get has no gold or standard currency. It's all trading even with ai. Feels good man.
>>
>>386365364
>just playing the game with what you think is cool
lmao, who the fuck plays for fun you retard.
If you are just gonna waste time fucking wank instead of playing.
>>
>>386365327
better setting better visuals better skills better models better structure better bosses
>>
>>386365364
Terrible advice. I hope I don't have to see this shit post again and that you never tricked anybody into playing like this.
>>
>>386365340
>Move the mouse like some game from the 1400s

What the fuck

Like playing marbles but instead your smashing mice?
>>
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1924975 I was thinking going duelist or Necromancer. Can Necro put out some good single target damage?
>>
>enhance this skill gem for 90 levels
>"build diversity"

Garbage
>>
>>386361645
cause handsome
>>
>>386365867
Necro can , yhea. You'll need to carry a Convocation gem if you ever want your critters to focus on anything in a crowd though
>>
>>386366093
Oh, and run right next to your target of choice before casting it
>>
>try out a flicker build
>instarip to volatile elites

sure is fun :))
>>
>>386365757
>T-the setting and v-visuals!
like clockwork

Expected nothing else from a retarded 3dpd poster. The only thing you can name is something as subjective as this, because Grim Dawn improved on pretty much all aspects or is at least the same. And even then you are wrong as TItan Quest's setting is uninspired trash that just copies everything from Mythology. That said it's still a vastly superior game to PoE.
>>
>>386359827
Literally nothing you said happened
>>
>>386366256
>instaripping to volatile in current PoE

Pray tell how that happened considering volatile no longer instantly explodes
>>
>>386359827
>softcore

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh HAHAHAHA
>>
>>386359827
too much RNG to be good, you need money or a lot of luck for good gear.
>>
>>386366257
>your arguments are subjective
>but if I say something is better because it's better then it's obviously factual
wow
some really impressive persuasion power in here
>>
>>386366256
if you're going to shitpost like an autist at least use non-outdated info
>>
How come I can't even play this game anymore after 3.0? I'm getting some kind of memory leak on my shittop.
>>
>>386366381
>>386366515
was a couple of leagues ago since I last played
ok

good thing they changed it, maybe it's worth giving flicker another try
>>
>>386366530
Unninstall and reinstall?
>>
>>386363551
>my friend got one shot on tidal island act 6 after paying some one to down his katava

Aaaaaaahahahaha, I hope they don't need it act 5 was fun as fuck. My only complaint was how the map changes after talking to sin and it confused the hell out of me
>>
The mods in the game are cancer
I was told to rename my name because it was "too offensive", I had that name on my character for like years before that
It's SJW shit now
>>
>>386366678
Didn't work, sadly. Verified the integrity of the files, started the game right after I restarted my computer and closed any extraneous programs. It's a bummer cause I was most excited about the performance improvements.
>>
>>386366486
>I like thing!
Just admit that you never played either and couldn't comment on anything that matters which is gameplay mechanics. Go back to buying stash tabs and armor sets for 40 bucks.
>>
>>386366395
Hey man I never got this far because I also drop the game after beating act 4 becauase doing it all over again killed my motivation and never got to maps. Now that I'm here I'm going to try shape and after that I'll throw this build away and head to hardcore self found after I've experienced the story.
>>
>>386365364
I agree with this, this is how I played this game / dwarf fortress / and every card game

Figuring out shit for yourself is a huge part of the fun
>>
I see people with 2.5k hp getting one shot by the brine king
I'm nervous
>>
>>386366954
>Complaining about sjws

Inb4 nuckingfiggers
>>
>New update.
>Log in.
>Wanna play through this cool-ass new story, get some levels & get into endgame mapping to see if anything changed.
>Instead, I'm logged in on Merc difficulty, at the Epilogue.
>The map is already fully explored, the game things I've been through the whole story already.
>Gotta go back and backtrack it and do all the sidequests in disjointed order though zones that I don't know the story of.

...ok.
>>
>>386367010
I'm not the one you were arguing with to begin with, retard. You both sound like idiots, is all.
>X does it better!
>Don't be so subjective. Y does it better!
>>
>>386366906
they used to damn giant ruined square too much for my taste

also
>take out innocence kitava and tukohama in 1 try
>die 3 times to the fucking goat god

fuck that firefucker and his meteors
>>
>>386367161
Is the game "Path of life nodes" again?
Jesus fuck
>>
>>386367161
>I see people with 2.5k hp getting one shot by the brine king
I had like sub 2k life and ~50% in resistances and he was no issue, just dodge his aoe shit.
>>
>>386367161
It's a resist/armour thing probably
>>
So there's more than 3 acts now?
Cool, did they remove any difficulties yet?
>>
>>386367378
pretty much, they also nerfed energy shield
>>
>>386367504
Yes
>>
What should I name my toon?
>>
>>386365702
I don't think you understand the core principle behind what a game is. Or you are intentionally posing as a clueless bugger. Either way, the way you are going about this is no good.
>>
>>386367341
>fuck that firefucker and his meteors
I died like 4 times to him, the meteor shit wouldn't be a problem if it did not stun.
>>
>>386367689
something lewd and subtle
>>
>>386367339
>Wanna experience the full story on a fully decked character
Yeah damn, why can't you experience the feeling of progress killing Merveil again on your level 90 character, that's just not fair man
>>
>>386367754
Are you retarded?
>>
>>386364280
i tried to play grimdawn but got bored because the map was just a straight line and all the enemies were the same, and i wanted to dual wield guns but the game wouldn't let me.

does the expansion make it better?
>>
>>386367807
Are you?
>>
>>386367859
you need to craft a relic for dual weilding guns or get an item that has that mod
>>
This game is the definition of the "it gets fun 50h into the game" except that when you finally hit endgame it's just about to go super sonic fast pressing 1 button to clear everything in the room without any difficulty.
Oh and remember to download that alt+f4 macro :)
>>
>>386367340
>I'd just like to interject for a moment and say that you are both wrong!
I named one point why I think Titan Quest's setting is inferior. I would actually find a mythological setting more interesting if it were better executed. I don't have a problem with either and in fact PoE's setting is much much better than either. At the end of the day it doesn't matter because everyone will judge it differently which is not true to the same degree with shit game mechanics or other things. Kill yourself fencelet.
>>
>>386367378
>Path of basic game mechanic

Haha don't you mean path of leveling up

Or path of equipping items
Or path of using a mouse

Haha ree
>>
Can i get a quick rundown on what actually changed in this 8 gigabyte update?
>>
>>386368034
>Every character in a party has to be a tank because good design
>>
Can I use earth magic in this shit?
>>
>>386365757
>better setting
>better visuals
Untrue. While ancient greece is interesting, Titan Quest fucked it up by making you walk down bland, featureless roads for fucking hours on end.

I've tried to replay TQ but I can only go so far down that satyr-covered, repetitive road before I'm already bored.
>>
Man some of these new zones are fucking beautiful and comfy

I want to live on "The Beacon" in act 6
>>
>>386368143
You mean proper earth magic with gravity and earthquakes or retard earth magic with nothing but poison spells?
>>
>>386368019
That's the thing, you're neither "wrong" nor "right", just a spastic sperging about how X does something better than Y without even bothering to explain why
>>
>>386368236
I hate how Titan Quest was colorful and had very varied areas, and then Grim Dawn was just dark shit everywhere
>>
>>386368059
Here's a quick rundown

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1930316
>>
>>386367859
The expansion is not released yet so I can't say for sure, but I like the changes they announced so far. Dual wielding pistols requires a relic or the new Inquisitor class has skills that allow that.
>>
>>386368324
The first one
>>
>>386363834
That would be fine if the "early game" didn't last 40 hours. Have fun wasting your life on braindead unfun content, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>386368059
6 new acts
>>
>>386368143
There is earthquake

You can make a wall but of ice

It's mainly fire ice and lightning as elements.
>>
>game looks fun
>is completely braindead piss-easy for the first 80 hours
>supposedly gets hard and fun after you spent a two full work-weeks worth of manhours on it

Why is this a thing? Who does this appeal to? Children? Aspies?
>>
>>386368059
10 act of which one his new and 4 are old acts with some changes depensding on the gods who showed up. it starts after killing the beast instead of going to cruel

basicly the beast we kill in act 4 was keeping gods sealed away and now that theyve been released, theyre running amok in Wraeclast and need a boot up their ass
>>
File: dllhost_2017-08-06_22-20-04.jpg (824KB, 1917x655px) Image search: [Google]
dllhost_2017-08-06_22-20-04.jpg
824KB, 1917x655px
REMINDER
>>
>>386368481
Anything.for a you huh?
>>
>>386368481
Aren't you trying a little too hard? First you call the game too easy, then you say you need 40 hours to get past the tutorial?
>>
>>386368348
Fuck off faggot. I did explain why and it's not my fault you can't read or I apparently didn't go into enough detail for you. If you want me to justify my opinions further then ask instead of adding your pointless comments. Do not reply to me again unless you got something else to say. I'm sick of you GGG cucks.
>>
>>386368694
kia pls go
>>
>>386368481
>Early game
>40 hours

Lel

You can get to maps if you wanted in like 6 hours. Probly less but I want to be generous. I would expect first shaper and level 100 by today or tomorrow. Someone's already like level 90 since oriath release.
>>
>>386368694
Update your shitpost because orb girls are back
>>
File: Untitled.png (7KB, 355x62px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
7KB, 355x62px
Please, do not play this game. It's always been shit. Please do not support GGG in any form.
>>
>>386368890
Oh shit they are?
I quit in '14
>>
>>386368763
I don't think you realize how much of a loser you are. You are in favor of a game designed to be not fun or challenging for dozens of hours before it "gets good". Imagine this conversation taking place in public. Who would not point and laugh at you? Reflect on your life choices.
>>
>>386368797
You posted a picture of Grim Dawn and that was it, the entirety of the your argument there. I have nothing against said game and would actually be interested in knowing what it supposedly does better than other arpgs. But you provided no substance whatsoever.
>>
>>386368586
>Beast

Malachai? Or some map shit i never reached?
>>
>>386368581
>Two weeks

They didn't raise the level cap to 200 LOL
>>
Is the game still an unoptimized piece of shit?
>>
>>386368878
>You can get to maps if you wanted in like 6 hours.

The character literally does not walk fast enough for this to be remotely possible, unless you're using some kind of glitch or exploit.
>>
>>386364184
lol no PoE are random Kiwis, not ex Blizzard North
>>
>>386368971
the thing you fight Malachai inside off and smash hearts and stuff
>>
>>386369024
>ur a SJW

this is why everybody hates you and your faggy movement
>>
>>386368947
Is this what amounts as baiting in /v/ nowadays? What the fuck is this kindergarten level of provocation? Sorry it takes you 40 hours to complete something I do in 8. We're not all gifted with the ability to not be completely retarded.
>>
>>386368965
i don't have to make entire blog posts about why I like certain things. If you are honestly interested in it then I will give you an answer.
>>
>>386368586
Would it have been better for the world if we hadn't killed Malachai inside of the beast?

Then all these ancient gods and shit would've stayed sealed away
>>
>>386368878
>You can get to maps if you wanted in like 6 hours
not anymore, 12-15 hours seems to be the time now
>>
>>386368971
You were fighting malachai inside of the beasts stomach.

'belly of the beast' m80 pay attention to area names
>>
>>386363176
i know sunder and frostblades are strong and generally faster than BF
>>
>>386369024
Don't you have some tranny's twitter to stalk?
>>
>>386369181
I'm interested. What makes Grim Dawn the better arpg compared to PoE? Reminder, this was your first post: >>386364280
>>
>>386369046

>>386369046
M8 they literally race Everytime a new league starts. You just equip fast boots and quick silver flasks and speed run it .

Despite maps feeling like a maze there are tells in the tileset to tell you which direction the exit was generated in. You can do an act in like 30 minutes if you beeline it.
>>
>>386369250
shaper down in a little under 11 hours on softcore
>>
>havne't played in 2 years
>completely forgot what my build was
>passive tree has probably been wiped
reeee
>>
Got char up to lvl 70, realized my entire build is fucked on merciless Part 4 and there is no amount of currency that can fix it.

Too lazy to start over again
>>
File: 1461925147380.jpg (92KB, 583x800px) Image search: [Google]
1461925147380.jpg
92KB, 583x800px
If you have never reached 36 challenges and level 90+ in a HC season you are not allowed to discuss Path of Exile.

Keep this in mind, please. Softcore babies, casuals and other unworthy scrubs know your place.
>>
>>386369695
>defending

I'm telling you to go back to your safespace and quit shitting up with with internet politics. Take your failed movement and fuck off.
>>
>>386369695
>(((goldstien)))
Every time.
>>
>>386369158
Not him, but what's the point in beating it "as quickly as possible"? I'd rather take my time and enjoy it and make it last than try to be all SANICSPEED GOTTA GO FAST and be bored sooner. Games worth playing these days are fucking rare with all the shovelware and microtransaction shit seeping into everything, why would I want to make that number smaller faster?
>>
>>386369810
Except for like 80 orbs of regret u pleb
>>
>>386369805
Is there a source on the 13% figure? That's so much more than I thought
>>
>>386370082
No one mentioned beating it as fast as possible, which would be much lower than 8 hours. The campaign simply doesn't take that long at with average pace. The 40 hours numbers he threw out there outs him as either a mentally deficient idiot taking 5 times as long as normal people to complete content, or an outsider with no clue what the game is about baiting.
>>
>>386369158
So that's 8 hours of your life wasted due to retarded design choices. Why are you defending that? What is wrong with you? Have you told your therapist about this?
>>
>>386370082
Its just mobs are easy earlier on so if your spending more than a certain time in an area you are getting less experience for your time. It's not that those players are going fast it's that you are going slow. The abnormal one would be you m8.
>>
>>386369530
How about just design the fucking game properly so they aren't dozens of hours of boring worthless content to speedrun through?
>>
>>386370125
>leveling ED/contagion + blight trickster
It's slow and dull and this league is kinda lame.
I wana see if the new Death's Oath aura is any good and along with those blight gloves that are basically a pseudo 6 link.
Probably wont be.
I don't really wana re-roll another DW attack build though but i'm too used to fast.
>>
>>386370463
>wasted
Video games are a waste of time. What you're doing right now, baiting (You)s with shitposts is a waste of time. The early game in PoE is probably more engaging than the end game. If you were remotely intelligent, you would call the end game uninteresting, not the early game.
>>
File: 1405626188127.jpg (10KB, 258x195px) Image search: [Google]
1405626188127.jpg
10KB, 258x195px
Game takes 8 hours to install. Just reallocates space. Never get to play...
>>
>>386370581
Calm down nerd those people are doing it so everyone can see their name being posted to all current players on the server for being the first of an area or the first of a higher level.
>>
>>386370682
>Ripping this hard before washing ashore

Reeeep
>>
File: poe.jpg (166KB, 469x597px) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
166KB, 469x597px
Who can stop PoE?
>>
>>386370302
Fair enough

>>386370573
>less experience for your time
See, this is where I get that whole min/max gotta go fast vibe. I do shit like this in other games, like FFXIV, even though I've outlvl'd it and it's not as efficient(but I at least realize and know this), because I want to see the content and explore thoroughly.

The only time I ever "kept up" with the efficiency boys was back in early WoW when new servers opened, or Atlantica Online when it was brand new, while kinda fun at first, it also meant noone was able to craft shit and your options for grouping or doing shit were limited as hell. I could still do it if I wanted, but that's no fun, so I slow it down a little bit and enjoy the ride. Not as bad as the original 40hrs guy, apparently, but still.
>>
File: 1494975659365.png (66KB, 510x332px) Image search: [Google]
1494975659365.png
66KB, 510x332px
>>386370970
>23k in Euro Truck Simulator
what am I missing out on?
>>
>>386369497
Alright. Let me start with the main issue I have with PoE which is that it is unsuitable as a singleplayer experience which is how I prefer to play my ARPGs. The designers of PoE think that the game has to be multiplayer focused and have trading etc. I don't want that. I don't think trading is bad per se, but I find it tedious to keep track of how valuable items are and to make sure I make good deals. I don't want the game to turn into an Economy Simulator where I want to amass as much currency as possible. I just want to play the game. The solution to this would have been the SSF league which the community actually asked for and which they eventually implemented in a way that ultimately defeats the whole purpose. It should have offered slightly increased drop rates to make up for the lack of trading, but that didn't happen because they wanted the characters to be transferable to a normal league. They said something like "Everyone will want to trade eventually." The current implementation benefits noone except those that want to do it for bragging rights. The people that didn't want to trade could have done so before. I think they just implemented this system to shut people up. It doesn't align with their "vision". Because PoE is multiplayer focused it is also a LOT grindier than other ARPGs. Item variance is very high. It is extremely hard to actually find great items and crafting is expensive. Trading is actually a nice solution to finding gear that you need, because you can trade for the exact items you need. Offer ARPGs offer this too, but you are not forced to do it. Another method is to craft which PoE also offers, but like everything it is expensive. Grim Dawn and Titan Quest both offer a third option which is farming for Monster Infrequents which I think is a fantastic design decision. I can go on if you want to hear more. Don't want to write even more stuff that nobody will ever read.
>>
Is this the single best Free to Play game on the entire planet?

Most of the gaming community seems to think so.
>>
>>386371493
A truckin good time.
Euro's especially germans enjoy work related sims.
>>
>>386371493
ask Germans, be sure to ask about Forklift Simulator 2017 and Farming Equipment Sandbox Deluxe
>>
>p2w tedious grind game
>fun
lmao
>>
why is gear so shit in this game? I just finished act 10 and im still using some gear from before act 5 because everything I find is either a sidegrade or worse
>>
>>386371697
even Maplestory is better
>>
>>386371754
good buzzword:word ratio, here's your reward
>>
File: Read All That.jpg (78KB, 643x820px) Image search: [Google]
Read All That.jpg
78KB, 643x820px
>>386371636
Holy fuck, I know this isn't reddit but would it kill you to format that even a little bit to be more than a wall of text?
>>
>>386359827
>holding left click on your next target still doesn't show their healthbar
>no feedback on hits

it's still worse than diablo 1.
>>
>>386372114
>Will you add a space in between sentences sometimes so I don't run out of breath and kill myself when I read this in my head

l-lol
>>
>>386371697
I would say yes.
>>
>>386359827
>half the story is about rngjesus blessing you with bullshit amount of luck in making a new bow.
>>
>>386372114
tl;dr poe a shite, forced trading, shit trading, high variance itemization, legacy items, massive jewery ("""free"""), ... etc.

Just for you.
>>
>>386372030
1 chaos has been deposited into your mandatory currency tab :)
>>
>>386372328
>forced trading
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1931652
>>
>>386372324
Yes that is literally the best part of a game. When it makes you experience such emotions. Feels good. Makes my peenus weenus feel good too.
>>
>>386360420
Its really more of a trading sim, since the loot you get yourself is almost universally ass, and you have to trade to actually get anything good.
>>
Can this game be played without having to minmax everything and follow specific builds, I'm tired of having to do that in games now.
>>
>>386371724
>>386371749
>Germans
truly God's chosen people
>>
>>386372534
Yes just play the game and only use the internet to read the wiki not the forums. Just pick what you think is cool.
>>
>>386372534
of course
>>
>>386369307
this desu, but BF should probably still destroy tough bosses better
>>
>>386372534
You can maybe play through the game like that
But you'll never do endgame content (ie the actual part of the game anyone cares about) without minmax and paying
>>
>>386372994
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>386372516
Yes, and? What is this meant to prove? That there are builds that aren't as gear dependent as others? Is that the average person playing the game? How much time do I have to invest compared to other games? Please don't reply I'm actually tired of arguing about this.
>>
>>386372752
>>386372889
>>386372994
I'll give it another try then, last time I played was around 2-3 years ago.
>>
>>386373042
What the fuck do you think I meant retard? Need mommy to read it for you?
>>
>>386359827
I can't play the main story on standard so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>386373456
>getting this butt blasted over a copy pasta

wew
>>
>>386373534
Wow what a well informed opinion you got there
>>
File: varg-vikernes[1].jpg (114KB, 762x464px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes[1].jpg
114KB, 762x464px
>>386359827
Stop using currency to have fun with the game.
>>
>>386373712
>"I'm only pretending!!!!!"
lol
>>
>>386374094
>stop playing the game
is what you essentially just said
>>
>>386374094
>rolling the dice
>not fun

shit makes me rock hard when I accumulate currency and then It's like I'm going to Atlantic city
>>
i'm watching itmejp play right now xd
>>
>>386360240
you have literally never played Diablo 2 beyond maybe normal single player
>>
>want to support devs
>a single cosmetic piece of almost 10 dollars
nevermind then, who the fuck is going to pay 40 dollars or more for one set of cosmetic gear?
>>
I just read on the POE forums that people on standard had quests up to act 10 finished by default.

Basically, they can't experience the story of acts 5-10 without starting a new character.

GGG fucked up a bit.
>>
>>386375048
sounds like the players fucked up desu

were they expecting to to do acts 5-10 with a level 60 character lol
>>
>>386374926
You can buy a weta pet for 50 cents or a frog for 1 dollar
>>
>>386375242
>Release new content
>Oops!
>We completed it for you!
enjoy ;^)
>>
>>386359827
ITT ausitstic brwts who think playing games make hem anything irl
>>
>tfw just bought a victario's charity and all my SRS are now getting frenzy and power charges for themselves cause of necromantic aegis
>>
>>386359827
the game is boring tbqh
>>
File: consciousness-759x500.jpg (117KB, 759x500px) Image search: [Google]
consciousness-759x500.jpg
117KB, 759x500px
>that moment when you yourself figure out a new combination of skills, links and unique items to create something and it actually works, does well and is fun to play too
>>
>>386377487
I'm to dump to be able to do that
>>
>>386375048
>on standard
Literally no-one cares about standard
>>
>>386375048
Nobody gives a shit about standard characters. In ANY arpg the point is to try many characters and not get too attached to one. It is why leagues/ladder seasons are the go-to in D2, D3 and PoE
>>
File: 1425688530711.jpg (18KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
1425688530711.jpg
18KB, 267x200px
>>386377487
>>
>TFW you level up your gems higher than you should and then you're stuck wearing a chest piece 30 levels low because if you remove it you can no longer use anything
NICE GAME POEBABS
>>
>>386378406
>enemies hit me and remove all of my life points
>I die

what the fuck nice game
>>
>>386377487
>Was playing Infernal Mantle chaos conversion before it became a thing
It wasn't perfect as the Consuming Dark didn't exist at the time but it was pretty fun.
>>
File: 1464768087417.png (430KB, 574x642px) Image search: [Google]
1464768087417.png
430KB, 574x642px
>>386378536
>Dying
>In Path of Lifenodes
LMAOin' at you're life to be quite honest family.
>>
>>386378624
I really miss my 100% ice to fire to chaos conversion ice trapper
>>
File: scrubcore.jpg (143KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
scrubcore.jpg
143KB, 600x848px
Memes and elitism aside, once you have a grasp on the concepts of the game and have played through maps a bit, you should really be making a hardcore character. It will force you to learn the more intricate aspects of the game properly, and there is no rush in video games like when you accomplish a very challenging fight and almost lose your character.
>>
Things that are shit in PoE:
>gameplay
>crafting system
>trading system
>skill design
>art

Things that are good in PoE:
>witch's hairy as fuck vagina
>>
>>386379167
What if I just play in softcore but play it like hardcore? Only playing in SC to avoid dying due to crashes or lags or any other not legit deaths.
>>
>>386379167
>It will force you to learn the more intricate aspects of the game properly
pathing over to vp is truly next level intricacy
>>
>>386379167
>and almost lose your character.

which doesn't happen in PoE's babby HC that simply sends your character to standard league
>>
>>386380063
except no one plays standard if they were in HC, so yes you do lose it. I've never met someone who plays HC then goes "oh well i died, luckily i can play in standard" they just fucking rage and make a new HC char.
>>
>>386380063
Oh yeah because all these people playing HC season want to continue playing their dead character, now stash-less, in fucking permanent old softcore.
>>
>>386380063
Nobody plays in standard so it's the same thing. Lots of people just give their shit away if they die in standard and go make a new character in HC. This argument is so fucking retarded but you fags won't stop bringing it up.
>>
Hey guys, is 1.7k life okay at level 87?
>>
>>386380740
Nod really.
>>
Any1 know a good split shot build?
>>
I regret waiting so long to play a duelist. The bantz are pretty good, and Piety creaming herself every time she sees you is the icing on the cake.
>>
>>386380878
Yes equip split shot with both support gems that split your shots
>>
>>386380395
>>386380463
>>386380497
still not proper hardcore and people do play standard. you don't even have a permadeath option at all while they add silly SSF for spergs who need a reason not to interact with anybody
>>
>>386381010
>when you realize that Piety was literally a prostitute in her old home
>>
>>386380740
no not at all, jesus christ
>>
>>386380740
Yeah if you have 9k es and mings
>>
>>386359827

I want to get back into this, but the sphere grid system absolutely kills it for me.
>>
>>386381223
You're a moron
Stop posting.
>>
>>386359827
>Best ARPG in human history?

No, looks like it's still a sad ape of diablo 2 that misses the point, just like it always was.
>>
>>386380878
>Diablo2 still better than Poe

I don't get this meme. Diablo2 is old and has no features. I'm not talking about the resolution or graphics just the way the items work, the content, the skills. They were good but they aren't anymore. Poe is objectively better and no one has ever been able to actually argue against the fact.

But yeah also on top of it the graphics controls and atmosphere suck because of age too
>>
>>386381297
>>386381323

I think I fucked up my character with the reset...
>>
>>386381779
it's nostalgia fags jacking themselves off again

to some people D2 will never be beat because it would offend their memories too much to bear
>>
I have a very low IQ, should I stick to Diablo 3?
>>
>>386380740
>>386381323
What is the current standard for not getting fucking anal blasted these days? Want to make a summoner and prefer not to get one shot.
>>
Is this game good to play by myself or do I need friends to have fun...?

I've been playing Grim Dawn a lot but got bored, dunno, PoE seems the hype right now but i'm too lazy to even start from 0.
>>
>>386382746
Definitely don't need friends
>>
>>386359827
Would you niggas recommend POE and this expansion to anybody who has never played these kind of ARPG ever?
>>
>>386382746
It's comfy to play solo, most people would say they prefer it solo. Parties, especially high level ones are a clusterfuck of ability effects and shared drops.
>>
>>386383212
Sure, why not?
Feel free to start in standard harbinger for your first character and learn what you are doing and how shit works.

They made the tutorial help pages a little bit better now.
>>
>>386360240
That's every Diablo.
Diablo 1 is effectively automatic because each class has different caps on stats, and you'll reach them all. Everyone eventually gets to the Godly Plate of the Whale and reads every spellbook.

Diablo 2 classes have no use for any stat except having enough to meet any gear requirements. The rest gets dumped into Vitality so you can survive hits in the harder difficulties. The only choices are in which skill or two and the gear you build your character around.

Diablo 3 is literally automatic on attributes, and the choice in your build is based on the skills and modifiers you equip. Gear is mostly just incrementally statistical upgrades for your particular class, rather than gearing up for any kind of gimmick build.

Attributes have always been fucking pointless in Diablo. It's honestly a no-brainer that D3 automated it.
>>
>>386383212
as long as you stick to softcore and don't lisen to poeg memes, you'llbe fine
>>
>>386383212
If you were going to start POE, this expansion is the time to do it. Getting decent gear has never been easier and it's finally got a tutorial. Just don't expect your first character to be any good and be prepared to die a lot.
>>
so this is one of those games that you spend an ungodly amount of time building your character skills and equipment to jump on mods and spam the same single skill ad nauseam?
>>
>>386383341
Gimmick builds in D3 are based on what legs you have. But yes, its gear based more than what your attributes or any such thing are.
>>
it's like diablo but with microtransactions and a skinner box endgame
>>
>>386382093
He says as he plays f2p p2w trash that looks worse and has less build variety than D2
>>
>>386383394
What did they do to improve gear?
>>
Those spiked fuckers that throw spikes everywhere at a million damage and km/h are fucking cancer
Fucking ridiculous designed enemy
>>
>>386382606
PoE is easier than D3
just follow a cookie cutter meme build like everyone else does and pretend you're having fun
>>
>>386383539
Pretty much, except it's ranged characters pressing RMB and making enemies explode within 2 screens of distance in a 90 degree cone
>>
>>386383623
>and has less build variety than D2

>saying things that aren't true so many times you believe it
>>
>>386383674
One of the common orbs from harbingers turns an item from white to yellow and guarantees a 4-link if the item can hold 4 sockets.
>>
>>386359827
Yes, it's great.
However, everybody's playing it so you're only going to gather bitter /v/ consolefags right now.
>>
>>386383623
(You)
>>
>>386383724
hey they have 30% less rape in 3.0
>>
>>386365757
>>386365109
Stupid womanposter.
>>
File: 1479020157257.png (671KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479020157257.png
671KB, 1000x1000px
Quick, post your:

>main skill
>what act you're on
>health
>dps
>>
>>386384342
>srs
>6
>2.3k + 200 es
>I don't know

hc btw ;^)
>>
>>386383884
>Path of Excrement build variety
>life nodes
>no life nodes
that's about it
>>
>>386383212
as long as you are open minded and don't mind looking shit up

otherwise try diablo 3 as its more casual and user friendly. Not even trying to meme.
>>
>>386384703
>le all builds that have a life pool worth mentioning are the same xD
xdxxd
>>
>>386383589
>microtransactions
>skinner box
>unlike diablo

so
>it's like diablo but with an endgame
ftfy
>>
>>386383905
So it just makes an item probably decent?

I mean, I guess that helps a bit but its not like you couldn't do the same with some other orbs anyway.
>>
game is shit
>>
>>386384342
critical/ailments blast rain duelist
doing maps
2.3k with 20es
with everything turned on like 5.9k

though not sure how well it calculates crits and ailments. Is there a dummy that shows the damage it takes than shows the average damage being dealt for the set amount of time of your choosing? I don't like relying on just the tooltip
>>
grinning goy games
>>
>>386384918
It's great for pre-50 when 6-sockets can't drop, which was the only bottleneck in equipment progression for many years.
>>
>want to buy item
>it's only 1 chaos so the guy I whisper doesn't feel like stopping his map runs just for that
>don't get the item I want

Why did you even list it then, guy

Fuck I hate this
>>
>>386384342
>Raise Zombie/Spectre
>Meeps
>2.8k +300es
>Nobody knows because GGG always refuses to release minion numbers.
>>
File: hideout.webm (927KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hideout.webm
927KB, 1280x720px
>Malachai is a bloody mess where everything, every attack, enemy and trap blends together in a crimson soup
>surely GGG have learned from their mistakes
>mfw Kitava

At least one of his laser beams isn't red.
>>
>>386385382
so just wait for him? what the fuck do you actuallt expect people to list things than sit around looking at the screen doing nothing all day.

this post made me so butthurt ree
>>
>>386385531
just use Path of Building to calculate it
>>
>>386385585
>not playing at 1440p 165hz IPS with gsync and having at least 5.1 with the bass turned all the way up so you can hear kitavas next action coming at you

WEW
>>
File: 1385647082847.jpg (58KB, 435x502px) Image search: [Google]
1385647082847.jpg
58KB, 435x502px
D3 may be better than POE. Maybe... It depends. Both are fun for while..
>>
I wanna play it because skill system looks humongous but the game looks terrible. How do you endure it?
>>
>>386385818
fuck you cunt you can sometimes go 10+ whispers without anyone bothering to even sell their item to you

and I'm not even talking afk people
>>
File: 557.jpg (38KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
557.jpg
38KB, 680x793px
>>386385585
I couldn't see shit the entire act 10 except for on the cathedral roof.
>Entire act is badly lit with smoke and fire fucking everywhere except the Reliquary and Ossiary, which have monsters the same colour as the background anyway
>Every fucking skill effect is either red or black
Diablo 3 got a lot of things wrong, but they knew to make enemies stand out from the scenes they were in.
>>
>>386360240
>diablo 3
you can't even put points into vitality in that game.
>>
ok i got to maps and did a few of them, now what do i do?
>>
>>386385995
the game doesnt look bad. check your settings for dynamic resolution.

best part of poe is how godly you become after being a clunky piece of trash for the first 50 levels
>>
File: char.jpg (477KB, 624x702px) Image search: [Google]
char.jpg
477KB, 624x702px
This is my character right now
>>
So, they've made everything cartoonishly edgy with lakes of blood and mountains of corpses yet again?
>>
>>386384342
>Frost Blades
>Just finished with act 10
>3.3k hp
>15.8k with 7 frenzy charges and onslaught +%more from cold penetration

Shit gear, saving up for my first claw.
>>
>>386386424
better than literal rainbows and unicorns like d3 being """satirical"""
>>
>>386386424
Nah, they have all kinds of new zones. Some are very comfy, almost tropical with beautiful beaches. Others ash covered snowy volcano tops. Their new water and shit looks great too.
>>
>tfw they made nessa extra thicc
>>
>>386386734
>extra fishh
Fixed that for you
>>
>>386386734
>reinstalling
>>
>>386386184
Probably that, will check settings. Having multiple screens fucks up the game?
>>
is the expansion good?
>>
>>386386838
no, it's just going back through the same acts again with new bosses and the endgame is still just endless mapping
>>
>PoE
>Best anything
>Doesn't even have the "Overkill damage affects how far enemies ragdolls are launched when you kill them" feature from TQ / Grim Dawn

Nope. This is literally the BEST feature.
>>
>>386386838
It's okay, the main things holding it back are act 10, how blatantly some of the areas are copypasted, boring quest rewards and some of the boss fights are very similar to one another.
>>
>>386387084

What'S wrong with Act 10?
>>
>>386387084
Are you saying that it's an absolute garbage then?
>>
>>386387239
you could pretty much skip and ignore it going straight into maps if not for merc lab trials
Kitava in a10 hasn't been tested so it's riptown, pretty much everyone recommends to go back after mapping in low tiers to handle the fight
>>
this might sound pathetic but my hand is starting to hurt after left clicking 1000+ time since this game came out. is it possible to "retarget" another mob after killing the current one like by holding left click
>>
>>386387253
No, everything else is good
>>386387239
Shit scene composition, fighting literally the same four or five enemy types for the entire act, areas are entirely unchanged from act 5 except for a plot barrier blocking the way to the final boss
>>
>>386359827
So what, one more week? Maybe two? Then this shit gets put back into it's containment general where they theorycraft all day?
>>
>>386387504
Is Act 10 the one with nazi zombie cyborgs?
>>
>>386387779
I dunno, you literally can't see shit.
>>
>>386387761
>being this buttmad people are enjoying video games

heh
>>
>>386387084
I like Ossuary, Reliquary and Cathedral Roof. They're gonna be good for maps. But yeah Kitava sucks and >>386386106

>>386387498
You can hold shift click in a direction to keep attacking whatever is in that direction.
>>
Am I big shitter or did they went overboard with bosses in 3.0? While I love multiple phases and attack patterns it would be nice if most of them didn't instant kill me or left me with 25% hp at best.
>>
>>386359827
Who's the winged hot dude?
>>
>>386388530
Sin
>>
>>386388530
Sin
>>
>>386388609
>>386388624
You don't have to kill him do you?
>>
>>386388919
He's the good guy
>>
I've been trying to buy items on poe.trade for the past 50 mins.

Out of all the people who listed it that I whispered, only two responded with "sold sry"
>>
>>386389176
I know he's good I said that in my first post. That does not answer me though, is he even part of the story?

Also is blade flurry still viable? I haven't played since they nerfed that.
>>
>>386388316
Yeah some of the bosses are just retarded.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU6qymAoZPo

this boss is cool as shit
>>
game runs so much worse on my pc after this update. took me like an hour and a half just to get to the fetid pool because it was crashing ever 3-40 seconds. also after the patch it really fucks my gpu. hitting 94C just sitting at the main menu.

really sucks cause i just want to play.
>>
>>386389339
He's a major character from the end of act 5 onwards. You don't fight him, kill him or anything. He stands around in town and appears whenever you kill a god, plus a couple times for plot.
>>
>>386389945
Didn't he create the beast?

I don't get all of this lore
>>
>>386359827
nice artstyle on the poster, too bad the game is a shitty nobrainer
>>
>>386389326
that's because "trading" in this game is awful and 100% completely controlled by auction house barons.

Reminder that the end game is built around broken unique items, and the only way to get those items is to use third party tools to trade.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out some of the developers are making real money on the side from trading, there is no other reason why they haven't fixed their broken system.
>>
>>386390019
He did create the beast so it would fill space and stop gods from fighting for power. After its death the balance has been destroyed and that is the reason why the whole shitshow started.
>>
>>386390062
But anon, it's very hardcore and old-school!
>>
why does this game run like shit
>>
>>386389853
Buy a pc that wasn't made in 1999.
>>
>>386390394
it worked perfectly fine before the update. its not my pc.
>>
>>386390357
Custom engine being run by devs who only started giving a shit about performance when they realised Xbone actually has performance standards.
>>
i havent played in 5 years

is the game still a giant fucking confusing skillsheet?
>>
>>386390453
Change to the direct x version you're not using currently.
>>
>>386390574
only if your a plebian then for sure my man
>>
so how do i efficiently use these orbs ive been collecting to make a weapon that doesnt suck
>>
>>386392069
>>386392069
personally

I just save them until the item im thinking of replacing is behind in iLevel to my actual level by a decent amount prob like 10. That way its more likely to spit out something better than I already had. Ever certain points a new thing is unlocked for items to possible roll for. A higher range of numbers or more possible sockets (you can't get a 6link on a lvl 10 item unless unique or something).

Later on when you clear act 10 a lot more items with 6 sockets drop and those can be traded for 7 jewelers. Basically you get more and more currency more often the higher your level and you can attempt to craft more often. Also get masters to make your hide out ASAP. They let you strait up add a modifier if the item has room directly so you can always make sure your resists, armor/evasion, life, or damage is increased. The higher the masters level the higher the modifier tier you can roll for.
>>
>>386359827

>extremely interested in the new update, already really love the game

>computer fucking dies a few weeks before, too poor to get it fixed

FUCK
>>
>>386392542
m8 just run it on your phone it has dynamic resolution now so it'll just rescale itself to 1x2 resolution to make sure you get 60fps every time
>>
>>386392692

How would I go about doing that?

Sounds pretty crazy to manage if I want more than 1 skill but I'm willing to try.
>>
>>386392532
cool im only lvl 35 though. just found a nice level 32 yellow axe though
>>
>>386390248
It's less "stop gods from fighting for power" and more "keep the gods asleep so they don't fuck with humanity", though.
>>
>>386384342
> Cleave
> Act 5 Final Boss
> 2,315 HP
> 1523 DPS
:^)
>>
>>386393205
I was just meming lul

sorry m80 you have to get a job or steal a pc
>>
>>386394880
0/10
shit game
>>
>get to maps for the first time
>za warudo

jumpscares

in my arpgs
>>
what am i supposed to do with orb of alteration. seems like total garbage
>>
File: 1365761682201.png (875KB, 868x855px) Image search: [Google]
1365761682201.png
875KB, 868x855px
>>386396806
>>
>>386396806
to alter things u fookn dummy

reroll your flasks
reroll your magics when you get on the strand
reroll your jewels
reroll perfect rolls on anything in preparation for regals

just reroll ur life desu
>>
>>386367504
>more than 3 acts now
welcome to 2011 dude.
>>
>>386367504
There's 11 acts now.
>>
>>386397143
i only wear yellows so whats the point of all these orbs that mess around with blues and whites
>>
>>386397709
Nice yellow flasks you got there bruh
>>
>>386396806
Keep them until lategame, then spend literally 3000 of them rolling a weapon until you get Tyrannical, aug some IAS on it and then regal 1-2 cold damage and realise lategame gear progression is a farce
>>
>>386397709
because blues and whites are actually still useful but not if your a poor fag. You can meticulously craft with them. it will prob make more sense when you see some of the higher tier currency.
>>
>>386397709
best rare items are crafted from high ilevel white bases
>>
>>386389945
Oh right thanks, I'd play knowing I'd kill a qt.

What about blade flurry though? Still viable or was the nerf too much?
>>
>>386397709
craft good jewels with them and then regal once you get good things
craft your flasks properly with them. The affixes on your flasks are VERY important
In late game you use them to do real crafting for equips. You start by using alts to get two good things you want, then you use a regal to turn it into a rare, then you use exalts and master crafting to finish it off.
>>
I went ham this weekend. Almost level 86. 3ex and a 5l carcass jack. The expansion is amazing even though I don't know how to get harbinger uniques
>>
>>386398681
You better be playing HC son
>>
>>386398742
No I like having fun and I'm playing storm burst
>>
>>386399030
Achievements invalidated
>>
>>386398681
same here. almost level 40 and i have 3 stacks of orb of alteration
>>
>>386364280
Grim Dawn > Diablo 2 > Titan Quest> PoE = Diablo 3
Those are all I've played by the way.
>>
>done with main quest
>never completed atlas

reee I want to complete this but I don't want to burn myself out and I want to play hardcore now but then I'll never complete atlas. fuuuug.
>>
>>386383341
>That's every Diablo
No it isn't. If you do a standard game in Diablo 1 you do want to build up dexterity to hit enemies and dump points into strength as a warrior for damage and of course wearing items. Vitality is always important but so are the other stats. Not only that the energy stat actually has a use since it allows you use higher tier scrolls, staves, and books and continually leveling spells unlike the Diablo games that came after.
>Everyone eventually gets to the Godly Plate of the Whale and reads every spellbook.
Yeah, if you play multiplayer and get duped items instead of playing legit. At most I found a ring that was +12 to all stats instead of something like the double zodiac rings with a zodiac amulet. Due to this the hard energy cap at 50 for the warrior means he cannot read a lot of the books, even with some of the attribute boosts.
>>
>>386399358
trash taste
>>
>>386399358
>old timey games
>somehow better than modern games

woow
>>
>>386399358

Diablo 2>PoE>Grim Dawn>Titan Quest>Victor Vran>A shitty Diablo-clone from an indie dev thread> Diablo 3.

There, fixed it for you.
>>
>>386399972
>diablo 2
>beating poe
>literally less features and content and weaker gameplay
>somehow being better than poe

gets me everytime
>>
Does all the gear still look boring as hell to try and make you use the cash shop?
>>
>>386397709

You can craft an item more like how you want by first making them blue, then using alteration to switch up the text until you like it, then using Regal Orb on top of it.

Before endgame you use Alterations to modify your flasks and modify Strongboxes. And then you also trade alterations for better orbs that you need more, like orbs that modify the number of sockets on the item.
>>
>>386400272
yes so go back to diablo where you pay 60+20+taxes+tips to even play the game :^)
>>
Apparently some top guy on the ladder is using a charged dash build. That new skill.

I'm curious.
>>
>>386400549
I'll go back to Grim Dawn that I got for $20
The point isn't money, it's that PoE is missing one important part of character progression
>>
>>386400371
when should i start using my orbs to speed up leveling
>>
>>386400974
implying poes equipment doesn't look better than ur smelly game and its free
>>
>>386401176
Hardcore? Asap
Softcore? Whenever you start to slow down significantly
Just remember that you can buy something from poe.trade for 1alch that's far more powerful than you'd be able to roll yourself in 99/100 cases. Crafting is only for when you have too much money, especially now that you can't chaos spam regalias for big gains
>>
>>386401423
Please show me this good looking equipment champ
>>
>>386401481
I'd post an image of every single items in poe but I don't want to hit the image limit desu
>>
>>386401593
Thread is dead anyway, go for it
>>
>>386401650
I don't care if its dead /I/ don't want to hit the limit
>>
>>386400235
>making shit up
>defending mtx p2w games
>>
>>386400549
>he says as he presses accept on his purchase of mandatory stash tabs
Hi Chris, when are you going to make your game good? It's been years mate
>>
>>386401821
>p2w
>making shit up

this need to be proven
And you can get cosmetics for free when you do league achievements. You literally get free cosmetics for playing the game. rip diablo.
>>
First blind-run through the new content, Cleave-duelist with the new melee support gems and jewel-shenanigans. Just reached Act 8. A total of two deaths so far:

1) Act 5 Kitava's inverse X-pattern AoE caught me when I was stupid enough to try and heal in the left top corner of the arena. Never walked into those corners, they're death traps.

2) When Gruthkul starts screaming by the time you get 6 of her stacks, get the fuck away from her because the black projectiles home in towards her. Safer to drink an armor/evasion potion and just tank her melee hits, those hard to see-projectiles are deadly with the debuff stacks.

So far otherwise hasn't been anything too challenging. All boss fights have been engaging which is nice, for some reason Harbingers have only been really tough in the burning court and act 6 Mud Flats. I guess their challenge depends on the area.
>>
File: Untitled.png (891KB, 657x595px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
891KB, 657x595px
>>
>>386401821
>p2w
>tfw just bought a cosmetic frog pet that makes me better at the game
>>
>>386402520

Try posting that on Pedogaf, instant witch-hunt mob guaranteed.
>>
File: Untitled.png (527KB, 479x451px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
527KB, 479x451px
>>
>>386364850
I tried it.
The character models are si fkn hideous. The legs are way to short for these torsos. I am a shallow fag and shit like that matters a lot to me.
>>
>b-but in PoE you only spam 1 skill all the time

Right now I use
>my main skill, SRS
>ball lightning that puts an enfeeble curse on enemies upon hit
>flame dash
>desecrate to create corpses
>flesh offering to consume corpses and temp buff me and my srs
>decoy totem for strong enemies, bosses etc.
>stone golem
>some auras
>>
>>386367378
I don't understand why people say this

People love Diablo 2, and yet you only put the bare minimum of points into Strength and Dex to meet gear requirements while dumping everything else into vitality.
>>
>>386403397
>>b-but in PoE you only spam 1 skill all the time
i remember in d2 when most builds used 2 or 3 skills total

poe has a huge amount of skills and combinations
>>
>>386403583
Diablo 2 didn't have the benefit of 17 years of hindsight
>>
>had 50% base speed and 65% speed flask
>decide to try hc ssf
>start to move

fug
>>
>>386384342
>Ice crash
>Act 6
>1.4k
>1.2k
I could be doing more but I haven't updated my gear since level 30.

Also using ice crash and forgetting to pick up any int nodes to level it is hurting some.
>>
>tips fedora: the game
diablo is never coming back is it?
>>
>>386384342
>Ice Storm
>Just started act 5
>Like 900
>Can't realistically calculate
>>
File: 1481161342207.webm (3MB, 1156x422px) Image search: [Google]
1481161342207.webm
3MB, 1156x422px
>>386403397
>not playing goku sim while you shit out firestorms every time you're hit
>>
>>386405045
yea but it will never beat poe in terms of just being hardcore

diablo 4 will still be casual friendly but with actual content this time. Will still have smart loot.
>>
I'm ready to come back to PoE, but this time I want to play a fuckhuge guy who swings a 2h around. Any builds that are like that?
>>
>used to think shilling was just a meme
>think no company would advertise on here on a site that most normies deem to be 'darkweb'
>see these threads
>now know differently
>>
>>386384342
>main skill
earthquake
>what act you're on
act 3
>health
>dps
>>
File: Untitled.png (224KB, 471x494px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
224KB, 471x494px
collecting things is good for my autism
>>
File: 1weekrace.png (352KB, 461x478px) Image search: [Google]
1weekrace.png
352KB, 461x478px
>>386405941
>Gems mixed with currency tab
It's so wrong, but it's a delicious kind of wrong.
>>
File: Untitled.png (119KB, 204x325px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
119KB, 204x325px
the fuck is this
>>
>>386406596
caw
>>
>>386406596
Trash
>>
File: 1357281126025.jpg (43KB, 380x391px) Image search: [Google]
1357281126025.jpg
43KB, 380x391px
>about to fight act 10 boss on solo self found - hardcore.
Help
>>
>>386406596
Filter "hide" parameter test. If your filter doesn't block it, you have a shit filter.
>>
>>386406714
get ready to die
>>
>>386406714
If you could kill Malachai on day 1 of 2.0, Kitava will be a breeze for you. Don't listen to Reddit and the forums, they're made up of scrubs who are playing the game for the first time
>>
>>386359827
I never played Diablo, should I get into this if I can only play during the weekends?
>>
>>386406714
Max your Res if you can by any means sans Flasks. Bring a stack of Portal Scrolls and always leave one up in arena center.
Bring a Basalt and a Ruby Flask. ESPECIALLY a Ruby. His Fire Waves hit like trucks through 76%.
>>
>>386406770
i have no idea what youre talking about desu
>>
File: 1461395647738.png (248KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1461395647738.png
248KB, 500x375px
Diablo > Grim Dawn > Diablo 2 > Titan Quest = Dungeon Siege > Victor Vran > Path of Exile > dogshit > Diablo 3

Honorable mention Secret of Mana

Debate me.
>>
>>386407431
no point in debating a single player pleb
>>
>>386371754
>p2w

[citation needed]
>>
File: arthas with a flesh golem.jpg (453KB, 667x482px) Image search: [Google]
arthas with a flesh golem.jpg
453KB, 667x482px
>all my Grim Dawn brothers ITT
REAL NIGGA ROLL CALL
GLAD Y'ALL REPORTED IN
>>
>>386359827
>tfw no pc
>still no beta invite for xboner version
life sucks
>>
>>386396806
I've just been converting them into higher currencies at merchants. They're common enough. Now if there was a good (early) dump for Chromatic Orbs...
>>
>>386359827
Bosses are good, endgame is boring
>>
>>386408434
do other arpgs even have endgames
>>
>>386408493
d2lod had ubers and decent pvp
>>
>>386408493
Diablo 3 does have endgame since Reaper of Souls
>>
I started this game and have no fucking idea what's going on. Game had 2 factions and a normal mode but no explanation on what the fuck they are. It seems to have a normal RPG quest system, but no currency? Most enemies die in a few hits, really easy overall. Also, it's an MMO but i can't find anyone outside of towns.
>>
>>386408703
>two factions

I really like this post and I hope this isn't bait
>>
>>386362194
>Initial progression through the compaign is a complete nobrainer nowadays comparing to how it used to be like 5-6 years ago.
If I played it in 2012, was it supposed to be hard then?

Because I don't really recall it was.
>>
>No mention of Torchlight in this thread
It's almost like you guys hate good games.
>>
>>386408883
>I hope this isn't bait
It isn't
>>
>>386409034
>Torchlight 1
Old, played to death.
>Torchlight 2
Mediocre.
>Hob
Probably not an ARPG, but same engine as Torchlight 2 and looks cool.
>>
>>386408703
You can only see other players in towns
There are no "gold" currency, the currency are the things you loot
>Most enemies die in a few hits
It gets harder as you progress
>>
>>386371636
I read it. Good points.
>>
someone give me a good cheap league starter build for farming early maps
>>
File: h2RvJRUjR2qeX4Mu6YeiUg.png (732KB, 469x667px) Image search: [Google]
h2RvJRUjR2qeX4Mu6YeiUg.png
732KB, 469x667px
What are they doing to my wife...

n-no..
>>
>>386410045
Poor fish-wife. 'Twas love that did this to you.
>>
My gay friend plays this, he fucking loves it because he clicks a million times and sips from his giant soda cup.

I hate gays.
>>
>>386359827
>because he deals unavoidable damage
He does not. Even his full arena fire attack can be dodged with a well times blink arrow, lightning warp, or smoke mine.
>>
>>386410405
>spending time looking at, thinking about, and posting about gays

lul
>>
>>386410405
>I hate gays
>>>/pol/
>>
>>386410045
VULTED
>>
>>386410658
>>>/lgbt/
>>
How's the enemy variety in this game?
>>
>>386412032
Poor.

You will run into many many reskins, and you see so many enemies at once it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>386412350
>poor
There's a shit ton of different monsters what the fuck are you on about?
>>
>>386407704
>playing endgame (where the game actually starts) without buying tabs
good luck kid
>>
>needing tabs for endgame

lah
mao
>>
>>386413608
lets see
skeleton
human
statue with tits
statue without tits
tittydemon
birds
monkeys
bugs

thats it
>>
>>386414398
t. someone never got to endgame
>>
>>386414629
t. someone who doesn't know how to use recipes and never got to endgame
>>
File: 1499463723963.png (721KB, 1599x989px) Image search: [Google]
1499463723963.png
721KB, 1599x989px
>>386414461
>no ribbon/curtain monsters
>no bull monsters
>no totems
>no squids
>no rock monster
>no eyeball things
>no giant birds
>no vortex thing
>no red Colossus that shits smaller Colossus
>jamming several different enemies into "human"
rly mks u tink
>>
>>386415745
>Kaom Volcano
what the actual fuck
>>
>>386415878
model in kaom's fight that spits the fireballs form teh walls i think.
>>
>>386359827
Diablo 3 is more fun and looks better. But I would probably play this game again if it had gamepad controls.
>>
File: 1498538668172.png (1MB, 771x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1498538668172.png
1MB, 771x1200px
Is there any summoner build that isn't just spamming SRS? That shit is tired as fuck.
>>
How do I build Mirror Arrow?
>>
>>386414461
There's a ton of different fauna and monsters you dumb fuck. Play the game.
>>
is this really the best f2p game on steam?
>>
>>386417018
No, but I'm sure it's not the worst, maybe
>>
>>386417018
Dota 2
>>
File: 1499101937438.png (319KB, 482x409px) Image search: [Google]
1499101937438.png
319KB, 482x409px
>excited
>act 5 is new
>act 6-8 so far is just doing act 1-5 again

is act 9 new or what?
>>
>>386418894
acts 6-10 is just doing acts 1-5 again but different

its better than just doing it again straight up.
>>
I want to like this game but I can't seem to get into it. Played D2 for years and loved it and I have thousands of hours in D3. I don't mind grinding for loot, it's actually a lot of fun but grinding levels fucking kills me. Does it take for-fucking-ever to level or am I just doing it wrong?

Do you actually have to hit lvl 100 to enjoy the end-game or can it be done earlier? I like that you can get to 70 in D3 in a couple hours on a fresh character.
>>
>>386419543
The game starts getting good when you can get some of your skill gem combos going which depends on your build.
>>
>>386419543
you can map (end game content) mid 60s, level 100 is not something that is a given for your character, you gotta work for that shit.
>>
File: 3xKJm8C.jpg (127KB, 866x955px) Image search: [Google]
3xKJm8C.jpg
127KB, 866x955px
>>386366395
haHAA

Btw, wage slaves, where did you get?

I'm act 8 taking my time exploring the new areas and sidequests.

performance is absolute garbage post patch BTW...
>>
>>386420458
i dont like reading guides, so if i play blind and undoubtedly create a shit build, will I have to start over or can I mess with builds as I learn the game? Is there a respec or some shit?
>>
>>386420728
Yes, you have to start over.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170807-082512~2.png (62KB, 1440x281px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170807-082512~2.png
62KB, 1440x281px
>>386368903
newfags get out
>>
>>386359827
How hard is the end game for a person that never played before?
Should I look up a cookie cutter build, or will I have a chance with character built with pure experimentation?
>>
File: 1404268904962.jpg (73KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1404268904962.jpg
73KB, 570x570px
When I played this game years ago I made a spinning blades (? can't remember what it's called) build and it was pretty fun. Is it still viable?
>>
>>386420728
>if i play blind and undoubtedly create a shit build, will I have to start over
You'll hit a wall, so yea
>Is there a respec
Sort of.
You get some respec points, but not enough to do a full reset for a character. You can use a certain item that drops to reset even more points, but it's easier to make a new character and do it over again.
Eventually you get a good idea on what quests and areas you should actually focus on and leveling becomes easy as hell.
>>
Nothing compares to being a Barbarian with a set of dual-wield throwing javelins and a set of dual-wield throwing bombs and just leaping around while going to town on anything within a 20 foot radius
>>
>>386420603
I can't decide on a fucking build so I have one character of each class sitting at the beginning of Act 2.
>>
>>386420964
You can use cookie cutters as a template for your build, but you probably won't see much success without at least looking at some other builds and their mechanics.
>>
>>386421185
Duelist where it at, boy. You can spec into Eva or Arm, claws, bows and anything else while getting awesome ascendancy perks.
>>
can classes be both sexes yet?
>>
>>386421650
no. why would this ever matter?
>>
>>386359827
>make cool build that is efficient and fun to play.
>becomes meta
>get nerfed to be useless and unplayable in the next patch.

That's how PoE runs out every time you start playing. It's a fucking circle jerk for nonstop addicts to keep playing to find the new meta after each patch and mostly to stay and buy microtransactions.
It's a rinse and repeat after each patch.
And these mouthbreathers won't understand that it is all but a joke to the devs. They keep nerfing meta builds because that how they keep the addicts playing and paying.
>>
>>386421650
no, its not a heavily requested feature plus they would have to not only make 7 new models, they'd need to make new unique animations for them (templar being left handed for example) and they would need all new voice work lines, not just for the characters but for all the other characters that interact with them.
>>
>>386421725
>not starting a new character at least once a patch regardless of nerfs
>>
>>386421724
Customization is the only thing to do in these games since they're so fucking boring to play.
PoE gear is butt ugly anyways I suppose, oh well
>>
>>386373202
>you are forced to trade, because people magically have everything and you don't
My marbles are magnifying
>>
>>386421945
>start new build
>"oh we overlooked this skill you use in patch is to op we that gotta nerf gg no re, your GGG team"
>>
>buy a really good new weapon from poe.trade
>guy only wanted 1xorb of alteration
>orb of alteration is easily created by selling a couple random rares

am i missing something? why bother keeping rares to trade when you can just vendor them for slightly less
>>
Installing now, what class/build should I play?
>>
>>386423115
Look up SRS build, have fun
>>
>>386360240

>diablo 3
>choosing where your stats go

pick one and only one
>>
>>386364184

blizzard north is runic games

i.e. torchlight.

>>386364280

that's not funny, kys.

even fucking victor vran aws better tan this shitpile

>>386369858

I agree entirely, but every single person I've met that plays this game on all the shitty "gaming" discords and shit that i'm in onkly play softcore.

even on the official PoE discord only like 30 people play hasrdcore compared to the liek 800 that play softcore.
>>
>>386362194
>nowadays comparing to how it used to be like 5-6 years ago.
>The game changed really hard
Get off here
>>
Post your builds boys
>>
>>386371636

they acutally just added the SSF league to solve thie psorlbem.
>>
>>386381338

just google builds on the forums or something if it's too hard for you tro just do someting and have fun

i guess you've been conditioned to need to plan everything first and then you'll have an awful time unless you KNOW everything first and then you dont ahve the time or effort or BRAIN power to fucking learn anything so wgod forbid you afctulaly just fucking TRY the game dumbfuck
>>
>>386407431
holy fuck what a retard

baldur's gate dark alliance is better than most of your list

how the fuck could you possibly think TQ = DS?

have you not played TQ with the skill tree mod? literally pushes it better to diablo 2 thread

torchlight is bette than you dbullshit

fucking

champions of norrath is better than every game you lsited except d2 and poe
>>
Can't we all just play multiple ARPGs? I've played PoE, D3, and Grim Dawn all before.
>>
>>386423663
Not them but SSF is completely retarded.
>No bonus for making yourself SSF
>Can revert anytime anyways
>All you get is a leaderboard only for self found people

If they at least boosted the drop rate and rarity for self found only but locked you in, I could easily see the appeal, but with how bad the drop rates can be it just seems like a measurement of will more than anything.
>>
File: hydro-storm.gif (419KB, 500x416px) Image search: [Google]
hydro-storm.gif
419KB, 500x416px
>>386360681
>played diablo 2 but it sucked
Y-you came t-to the wrong b-board black friend.
>>
>>386410045

>/v/ thread
>ends in cuck shit

every time

>>386410834
i will admit this made me laugh
>>
>>386417018

the joke answer would probably be warframe or toxikk.

>>386421724
>>386421650

fags who just want to play dress up as girls

kill youreslves and buy princess maeker
>>
>>386424028
dont bother with retards m8
>>
>>386415745
>all dem cool models wasted on this shitheap of a game
it's a travesty to be desuyo
>>
File: 1464429748498.png (357KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1464429748498.png
357KB, 601x601px
>>386415745
>tfw a roastie gets to find her soulmate and you don't
fucking petarus giving me dem feels
>>
just started playing poe and i sort of miss the multiplayer aspect of d2lod. which is pretty fucking dumb consdering everything was just getting rushed or leeching off godly players doing runs for me.

i hope the pvp is decent
>>
File: Untitled.png (127KB, 218x325px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
127KB, 218x325px
another one
>>
>>386424419
>Cool models
Where?
>>
Any solution for their bullshit tactic of introducing 500 currencies to bloat your stash and force you to buy more tabs?
Thread posts: 508
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.