[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It begins...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 27

File: fw.jpg (43KB, 981x455px) Image search: [Google]
fw.jpg
43KB, 981x455px
It begins...
>>
> simpsons picture
Ironic
>>
Something can be overrated and still good, untwist those panties.
>>
this happens with ever new Zelda. In a year everyone will agree it's good, not great.
>>
>/v/ can't accept that something can be called overrated and still be good
>>
It is overrated though. That doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but it's definitely an overrated game.
>>
Of course It's overrated like every Zelda game but it is great still
>>
>>386360569
This.
I still remember people trying this shit with skyward sword, it was priceless.
I actually fell for it with twilight princess being "Better than oot", bought a wii, catastrophic waste of money
>>
>>386360823
>Of course It's overrated like every Zelda game
Quote for truth.
>>
File: IMG_1060.jpg (121KB, 700x913px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1060.jpg
121KB, 700x913px
> sonygro bargaining phase
>>
>>386360728
Is it really overrated if people are bitching about it like this?

Overrated is OoT or Mario Galaxy, games getting 100s across the board despite notable flaws.
>>
File: 1501370071359.jpg (520KB, 600x892px) Image search: [Google]
1501370071359.jpg
520KB, 600x892px
>>386360839
Skyward Sword is a piece of shit though.
>>
>>386361035
>getting 100s across the board despite notable flaws.

isn't that exactly how BotW's record has been since release?
>>
File: 1500502333752.png (73KB, 279x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500502333752.png
73KB, 279x336px
The voice acting in the game gave me aids.

Those Gorons. Jesus.
>>
>>386361035
The problem is oot is still good, botw is not.
Both are overrated, botw is just more overrated, relatively speaking.
>>
>>386361130
Everyone knows that now.
But when it came out people were saying it's the best zelda ever made.
>>
File: 1499913629499.jpg (130KB, 500x420px) Image search: [Google]
1499913629499.jpg
130KB, 500x420px
>>386361238
>oot is still good
>>
File: 1498873148437.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1498873148437.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>386360997
Seconds edit when?
>>
If anyone wants the article:

https://www.destructoid.com/breaking-down-why-breath-of-the-wild-is-highly-overrated-452329.phtml
>>
>>386361358
/v/ was calling it shit since Day1 when we realized it was a "you can't do anything" game.
>>
Zelda 2 is my favorite video game, and not over rated at all. Fight me
>>
>Tons of filler content
>5 dungeons, 4 copy pasted
>120 shrines, all copy pasted assets
>900 Korok seeds
>Unbalanced combat, it becomes a constant numbers game
>Lack of enemy variety leads to repetitive combat
>Damage dealt is the sole difficulty factor
>Flurry rush is cheap reward that rewards quick timing, not skill
>Weapons are still too brittle at the endgame, due to the numbers game
>No sense of progression due to above factors
>Copy pasted bosses, overworld and in the dungeons
>Blood Moon happening every few minutes means combat is meaningless
No story
>17, 2 minute memories scattered around the world to increase playtime
>Zelda and Link the only characters with development
>No attachment to other characters because they have very little screen time
>Side characters are one-dimensional
>No building tension after the Great Plateau
>Significant ruins are left with no explanation
>Inconstant lore in the names of the areas
>Setting is 10,000+ years after the last NES game, which had little to no story, to distance itself from a fleshed out timeline
>Doesn't explore that period of 10,000+ years in any fashion
>Plot holes - e.g. why is Zelda still young, why did Calamity Ganon only start rebuilding himself once Link awoke, why didn't the Divine Beasts stir up any trouble before Link awoke, who the sorcerer was, etc.
>Amateur voice acting, and bad amateur voice acting
>>
>>386361490
Revisionist history bullshit at it's finest, I wonder if 5 years from now people will be saying "nobody on /v/ praised botw, we always knew it was skyrim with dungeons replaced by angry birds levels!"
Skyward sword had more non-copypasted content than BOTW
>>
>>386361585
>17, 2 minute memories scattered around the world to increase playtime

The game is already like 130 hours long, I really don't think they added a half hour of anime cutscenes as "filler"
>>
>>386361740
>I really don't think they added a half hour of anime cutscenes as "filler"
Worse than that they added it as "content"
>>
>>386361585
>Blood Moon happening every few minutes means combat is meaningless

The enemies regenerate whenever you do anything in every Zelda though.

And Blood Moon happens like once every three hours.
>>
>>386362092
>The enemies regenerate whenever you do anything in every Zelda though.
That's not even remotely true.
Have you ever played a zelda game before?
>>
>>386361585
>900 Korok seeds

You know there's so many so that you don't have to find them all, right?
>>
>>386362219
What fucking Zelda game doesn't have enemies respawn constantly?
>>
>>386360839

Why do people hate twilight princess? sure it has some dumb shit like the light orbs, but so do have all the other zeldas, and unlike the other zeldas it feels like it's a game with an actual personality rather than "BOMB GOES INTO CRACKED WALL, YOU FIND A CHEST, IT CONTAINS 20 RUPEE YOU CAN'T PICK UP BECAUSE YOUR WALLET IS FULL"
>>
>>386362092
They happen quicker if you kill a lot of the rarer enemies, but otherwise, yeah they're hardly that often at all.
>>
File: 1501714119051.png (72KB, 283x268px) Image search: [Google]
1501714119051.png
72KB, 283x268px
>>386361238
>oot is still good
>>
File: 1500827124668.jpg (58KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1500827124668.jpg
58KB, 600x500px
>>386359412
Overrated is such a meaningless word. You can't just say something is overrated without first giving it some sort of objective value.
It's just one of those typical ''I have no real arguments, but I dislike thing.'' words. Just like using words like clunky and outdated.
>>
>>386359412
>Trying to start a /v/ think tank.
You actually need intelligent people for that.
>>
>>386361391
>>386364181
It is though. It's not the best game ever, but the game is good.
Has some solid dungeon designs, even some of the best in the series(Water Temple, Spirit Temple), combat is basic, but nice and fluid and items have good combat use as well as puzzle solving purposes.
>But the overworld is empty
Yeah, it is mostly empty. It's just a large hub area made to offer some downtime between dungeons. Nothing really wrong with that. There's a lot of content in the game anyway in the form of side-quests and mini-games, which I'd say justifies the lack of overworld content.
>>
>>386361740
>The game is already like 130 hours long,
Try 30.
>>
>>386364612
>Has some solid dungeon designs, even some of the best in the series(Water Temple

WHAT
>>
>>386361585
>any content is considered "filler"
>incorrect use of the word "copy paste"
>each is unique bar combat and gift shrines
>not a negative
>only if you make it so
>enemy variety everywhere
>difficulty isn't solely combat
>not everyone can do it consistently, thus is skill
>weapons all over
>complete sense of progression from story to map completion/exploration
>incorrect use of "copy paste"
>blood moon isn't that often

>little cutsceens doesn't mean no story
>plenty of NPC's with little arcs and stories, as well as all the champions
>opinion
>characters express multiple emotions or motivations, so more than one-dimensional
>tension builds constantly
>over explanation would not help and isn't necessary as we know what happened
>lore isn't important to the story
>not proven
>not necessary
>not necessary, and is interpretive
>depends on region, but true for english
>>
>>386364612
Honestly the only N64 dungeons I thought were "good" were the Goron Shrine and the Spirit Temple.
>>
>>386363659
Becuase like you said it's full of dumb shit. It's also ugly as fuck, even for it's time it was subpar in terms of style/graphics. It looked like a muddy mess in 2006, it's downright awful now. I mean dead rising came out the same year.

It's just not an impressive game. People hyped it up as the next coming of Christ, the only reason OOT holds that position is for most people it was their very first 3D game. Most people that pay it afterward can understand why it was considered so good but only find it alright themselves.
>>
File: 1489249852600.png (158KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489249852600.png
158KB, 400x400px
>>386365853
Are you disagreeing because you got lost in it? Isn't the point of a temple to be challenging and require at least some amount of thought to solve?
The Water Temple is a great example of what a Zelda temple should be. Non-linear design that lets you obtain keys in different orders and featuring some kind of central gimmick. In this case raising and lowering the water to unlock different parts of the temple.
Any problems people have are either that they're too fucking stupid to solve it, which is a retarded reason and should be discarded, or that lowering and raising the water is a fucking hassle due to the game taking so long to play Zelda's Lullaby, or that equipping/unequipping the iron boots takes too long. That is a valid complaint, but has nothing to do with the temple design, rather a main gameplay mechanic being kind of shit.
>>
File: Link migrane.gif (1MB, 391x334px) Image search: [Google]
Link migrane.gif
1MB, 391x334px
>>386365961
>>any content is considered "filler"
Stopped reading right there
How can you look at all the exact same tests of strength, hinox battles, tallus battles, and enemy camps and not see all the pointless repeated filler?
>>
>>386365961
>nintendo fuckboi detected
>>
>>386366682
Because you don't have to do them
>>
>>386361608
No one praised skyward sword calm down you sperg
>>
>>386366704
ok
>>
>>386366828
Fuck off. This is wrong. There were plenty of threads calling SS the best Zelda game so far. They may have been the minority, but they were there. I remember this, because I spent so many threads arguing with retards who thought any overworld was filler and that the dungeons in SS made up for any of its flaws, as well as how the motion controls were perfect because ''Works on my machine!'' when they were objectively bad.
>>
>>386366745
You don't have to do anything in BotW.
>>
>>386366975
Holy shit you believe bait.
>>
>>386367128
You have to do the Great Plateau shrines and you have to beat Ganon.
>>
>>386367128
Exactly, so if you consider 1 thing filler, you consider it all filler
>>
>>386366745

But if you didnt do them, you would have a 4-hour game at most.

So youre admitting there is no actual game here?
>>
File: lKPaHzp.jpg (20KB, 575x356px) Image search: [Google]
lKPaHzp.jpg
20KB, 575x356px
>>386359482
>>
>>386367235
Some people would be satisfied with just that, and what are you talking about no game? It's still a game even if it's 10 minutes long.
>>
>>386367215
It's filler if it's thoughtlessly designed and exist only to pad out the game, like the Triforce hunt in WW, the Song of the Hero in SS, or the Owl Statues in TP. The Test of Strength exist solely so Nintendo could say "Over 100 Shrines!" the repeat bosses are only there so they could say "a world boss around every corner!" etc. etc. It's there to make it seem like the game has more content than it actually does.
>>
>>386367880
>or the Owl Statues in TP
That wasn't filler. They were like mini-puzzles.
>>
Someones genuine feels on BOTW is a perfect litmus test for if someone has shit taste/is a shill or not.

I specifically bought a Wii U to play this shit, so above many I have every reason to convince myself this game is good to justify my purchase. The truth is the game is fairly shallow. Is it okay? Yeah, its okay. You hop in, fuck around with the same enemies youve been fuckin around with, glide around a little, whatever.

The game is extremely promising from the start but the plateau is literally indicative of the fun in this game - it drops right off its boring repetitive trash. The world of this game is so empty and shallow its honestly depressing. I think the thing that really upsets people with this game (and definitely for me) is the wasted potential. They gave me this perfect outline for an amazing zelda sandbox, then forgot to fucking fill it with sand. They just gave me the same boring enemies, pointless NPC with almost no interactions, zero story. The little details they got down pretty well, but then they forgot to do the bigger stuff thats supposed to drive the player.

If this game wasn't Zelda nobody would have liked it as much, and thats the bare ass truth.

The only memorable thing so far from the time I left the plateau is the island where they strip you of you gear and you have to survive. That tiny island was more fun that the entirety of the mainland.
>>
>>386367880
Please don't compare anything in BotW with the triforce hunt.

Also, I really liked the pirate bases in WW and BotW's enemy camps are basically that.
>>
>>386368251
If it wasn't Zelda and was on PS4 or something it would be considered the new Zelda Killer like Okami and everyone would be saying "BotW BTFO Nintendo by making a Zelda game better than any Zelda game they've ever made"

I don't know if that shitposting would be better or worse.
>>
>>386368251
Honestly, if the game had better movement, this could have been so fucking fun. For example, I was so incredibly disappointed that the glider didn't have any kind of momentum based physics build into it. You can't dive down to gain speed and pull back up like you would an actual glider. I can understand not wanting the players abuse this to get to higher places, but you can just limit how much height you can regain after a dive.
The running and jumping also feels pretty stiff and combat is somehow worse than the previous games. Wind Waker had a really nice fluidity to the combat and the way you used items in unison with your sword was great, but BotW makes it all so boring. Link just kind of stands there and swings whatever weapon you have. I guess they figured they could replace interesting combat with more weapons, but it's not like they make much of a difference other than making combat horribly unbalanced and based on numbers rather than skill.
Then there's the fucking flurry attack. The flurry trigger is broken. It's supposed to trigger when you just barely dodge an attack, but as long as you dodge right as the enemy's attack ANIMATION starts, you can trigger it every time. There is no risk here.
>>
>>386367880
But it is content, and is a lot, but it's only repetitive if you make it repetitive. You don't have to fight every Hinox you come across, you don't have to do every shrine immediately, and you don't even need all the koroks. So I don't understand how you can say "They're so much content that there isn't any!" without seeing how stupid that is.
>>
>>386361035
What flaws does Mario Galaxy have? It is literally a perfect platformer.
>>
>>386369397
The camera is flawed and the comet system is random which makes getting those stars a pain.
>>
>>386367880
Here's a legitimate question. Why are shrines and korok seeds seen as filler but Heart pieces, which might I add are far and away the most common reward for exploration in Zelda games, aren't?

They're effectively the same thing.
>>
>>386369101

You got it wrong, Zelda games get a pass for all the wrong stuff they have for being both Nintendo and Zelda and have their scores grossly inflated
>>
>>386359412
A new age of knowledge
>>
>>386369616
But what did it get a pass on? Your personal opinion? If a majority likes it, it's okay for you not to like it, but you look like an idiot calling everyone shills or nintendo fans for finding enjoyment in it.
>>
>>386369804

I'm not calling anyone shill or Nintendo fan, you seem to think I'm another person you have been answering too or something, I have nothing against you for liking a good game like BotW
>>
>all the college dropouts with "game blogging" on their resumes are already jumping on the bandwagon to shit on Zelda
>meanwhile, genuinely bad games like Skyrim not only haven't had this kind of scutiny yet but also keep showing up on "Top Games of All Time" lists

Someone remind me why we even give these hacks the time of day anymore.
>>
File: 1501969378508.png (2MB, 1472x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1501969378508.png
2MB, 1472x1004px
>>386359412
>>
Isn't Breath of the Wild what most people wanted after the Ksyward Sword backlash? An open adventure that doesn't hold your hand where you can get lost and no annoying partners or tutorials or forced boring narrative?

Who knows maybe they'll go back to the Skyward Sword format if you guys keep bitching about it.
>>
>>386367128
>Game has optional content
>Filler
2/10 bait made me reply.
>>
>perqona 5 isn't that good and poorly written
>cue dozens of reply by angry teenagers
>Y-you're retarded !
>This is clery not your kind of game why did you play it ?
>You didn't play it

Every time.
>>
>>386369397
Throws out all of the exploration/discovery/wonder elements of Mario 64.
>>
>>386370038
No one agrees with the right statement, but the left one is definitely true.
>>
File: 1477054399057.jpg (2KB, 85x125px) Image search: [Google]
1477054399057.jpg
2KB, 85x125px
>>386359412
>This is The Legend of Zelda, and a large part of a Zelda experience is the story and characters.
>>
Shit posters will never EVER stop being mad about this game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmIgjAM0uh0
>>
>>386359412
>using the word 'overrated'
>"Independent thought"

"Overrated" is a meaningless and reactionary criticism that shows an utter failure to engage with a work of art on its own merits, instead attacking its popularity relative to how popular you feel it should be based on your own tastes. Take a lap.
>>
>>386369932
Thought you were >>386368251
Still don't know what zelda reviews were given passes on though
>>
>>386369616
I won't deny that, but BotW is clearly one of the best games of the decade and if another company made this while Nintendo's last major console release was fucking Skyward Sword, Nintendo would be a laughingstock.
>>
>>386369101
>I don't know if that shitposting would be better or worse.

Youre just making a scenario for you to be mad at that hasnt happened. Its a shit game.
>>
>>386370285
I see your Youtube video and counter with my own.

https://youtu.be/T15-xfUr8z4
>>
>>386370417
Based on personal parameters?
>>
>>386370216
You can't blame a game for not being what you want it to be. That's not a flaw the game has.

Mario Galaxy isn't trying to be an exploration based game. Judge it based on its on merit as a linear platformer. If you don't like it well that's on you.
>>
>>386370379

BoTW has the same problems as many of the open world games we have today, repetitiveness, no sense of progression and inability to have impactful moments, all because these games are designed around making the adventure you want in the order you want, however it has the advantage of having gimmicks like climbing that make the world more immersive but to make this real it looks a generation behind its time graphically.

The game has many virtues that future games should emulate but critics act like it has no flaws when it obvious that the game made many sacrifices to consolidate its design and style
>>
>>386370485
one seems more professional and not overstaying than the other
>>
>>386370228
So why bring up critic scores as if they matter in Zelda's case?
>>
>>386370708
One is also a lot more in-depth and critical.
>>
File: peace out.gif (948KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
peace out.gif
948KB, 200x200px
>>386370708
Dude Mark Brown isn't that bad.
>>
>>386370485
I've seen both and both of these videos are accurate.
>>
>>386364861
If you skip all the side content sure? But why would in a game that is primarily about side content
>>
File: 1501001502668.jpg (118KB, 677x805px) Image search: [Google]
1501001502668.jpg
118KB, 677x805px
>>386369587
Counterpoint, from someone who loves BotW: BotW kind of fucks up the immediate sense of reward of finding a heart piece because the "discovery" is the shrine, not the orb.

And Koroks just get tiresome because they reuse the same eight Korok puzzles over and over. The "surprise" wears off. If you see something odd on the overworld it rarely leads to anything except a Korok popping out.
>>
>>386370820
Spending over an hour to explain your opinion isn't in depth so much as unnecessary, especially since it's not technical, but more surface level stuff.
>>
>>386370070
Zelda fans are idiots, I'm glad they didn't go back to complete scripted bullshit after people bitched about the incredible ALBW.
>>
File: 1491512951530.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491512951530.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
Why do people on /v/ seem to believe that you can't love a game and acknowledge its flaws/problems at the same time? Nobody said BotW was perfect.
>>
>>386369587
I played the game on WiiU, so my experience may differ, but I hated shrines because I had to sit through a loading screen to go in and out, so to go into one and just see a chest or the same single enemy I fought a dozen times already is frustrating and underwhelming.
>>
>>386370995
What should they reward you with, in a game where all you're abilities are given to you at the start of the game and you're equipments is expendable?

They can't give you new tools or impactful items because you're able to go anywhere from the get go.

Maybe freedom is overrated and linear games like Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword are the way to go.
>>
>>386371290
It seems the opposite where they can't accept people love it DESPITE flaws that are mostly opinionated
>>
>>386371290

Critics and a lot of zealous fans say it, they may be a vocal minority but still annoying as fuck
>>
>>386371290
The difference is that BotW has a contingent of obnoxious fanboys who jump in at the sight of any criticism with the same old
>that doesn't count because I say so
>you didn't play it
>SEEETHING
>>
File: tea.png (113KB, 325x400px) Image search: [Google]
tea.png
113KB, 325x400px
I've got a challenge for all you BOTW fans: explain to me why I should consider BOTW to be the best game of this generation when I have many other recommendations for that title. I will listen to all arguments, but I have one condition: I will instantly discard every single argument I hear if I see even one opinion. When you argue your point, I want to hear nothing but facts. If you cannot verify it as a fact, don't bring it up. For example, saying something like "this is something no other open world has done before and I think it did it better than all of them" I will ignore that because that's your opinion and I don't want to hear it.
>>
>>386370946
If you're smart enough you'll realize soon enough that the side content isn't worth your time.
I wasn't smart enough.
>>
Let's be honest, it's a pretty generic open world action game. The only thing that is above average are the characters.
>>
>>386371578
All I see is people calling the game shit based on nothing or opinion related things, then being called out on it, and then making posts like the one you did
>>
File: 13&up content.png (122KB, 364x364px) Image search: [Google]
13&up content.png
122KB, 364x364px
>>386371827
>based on nothing or opinion related things
>It doesn't count because I say so
Wow!
The lack of self awareness of the BotW shill is astounding.
>>
>>386371290
there were threads on /v/ 24/7 after release claiming it's the best open world game ever made
>>
>>386371631
Nobody gives a shit about what you consider good or bad. Who the fuck are you, a king of England?
>>
>>386371942
Are you trying to say minority opinions outweigh majority ones?
>>
>>386371942
>everyone who likes a videogame is a shill
Stop trying so hard to fit in, reddit.
>>
>>386372072

Believe it or not, the majority has been wrong in many things a lot times in history
>>
>>386371970
>it's the best open world game ever made
That's kinda true though. Other than Witcher 3 there really aren't any open world games that are as good as BotW
>>
File: fact.png (1KB, 81x84px) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
1KB, 81x84px
>>386371631
inb4 "insert excuse here"
>>
File: 1437178057104.png (10KB, 555x198px) Image search: [Google]
1437178057104.png
10KB, 555x198px
>>386359412
>/v/
>independent though
What did he mean by this
>>
>>386372220
Not applicable to video games as it's a 100% opinion driven product
>>
>>386372262
>a massive collection of opinions

You had one job anon.
>>
>>386371578
I never actually see nintendo fanboys attacking anything unless people attack them first, just a lot of people crying wolf, but what's weird is I do see SONY fanboys actively tearing down anything not sony.

Like, most nintendo fans are generally pleasant and seem to just enjoy games(low standards not withstanding), yet sony fans seem determined to make everyone as miserable as they are
>>
>>386372682
AC fag kill yourself
Just kill yourself already
You autistic fuck
Why do you even exist?
Nobody will miss you
Just die
>>
>>386372682
Those are...all pretty good games though, I enjoyed playing all of those?
>>
>>386371331
Except TP and SS suck.

You do get new clothes that serve a similar purpose. But it would have been cool if you got more Slate powers as the game went on.
>>
File: 1457658375448.jpg (14KB, 356x357px) Image search: [Google]
1457658375448.jpg
14KB, 356x357px
>>386372838
>Gone Home
>good

>Uncharted and TLOU
>games

>Undertale
>not Homestuck 2.0

Apply yourself next time.
>>
>>386372960
>I've played none of these games and only dickride /v/'s hivemind opinion and spout memes
>>
>>386371331
>Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword are the way to go.
Still trying to force that epic zelda cycle mehmeh? Just stop.
>>
>>386372682
Undertale is great, kys
>>
>>386372705
You're seeing SONY fanboys where there are none. Every time people say BotW is not a particularly good game nintenbros accuse them of being a sony fanboy.
>>
File: 1501939339365.jpg (58KB, 720x576px) Image search: [Google]
1501939339365.jpg
58KB, 720x576px
>>386359412
The weapon system in this game is pretty fugged. I'm surprised they didn't add any sort of crafting, and I was disappointed that there's only one weapon shop and that's for Ancient Gear. Like, you can only buy arrows or find them. Why can't I take a Bokoblin Fang and some wood or some shit and make an arrow myself. I'm not going to fukken make 5000 elixirs with 'em. Tired of having to dress up like a trap or hope Beedle's around to be able to use bows again. Not to mention like, it'd be a great use for ChuChu jelly. Fuck if anyone used anything other than the Fire one, and that's just to be a decent substitute for flint. Nobody's going to take the time to set up ChuChu traps except when you're in the fringes of the map and enemies can take a third of your health, so why not let me make elemental arrows or some shite.

Then it's like with weapons, I'd get these sick ass elemental ones, and I never want to use them. I hear that you can farm them after you cleanse all the Divine Beasts, but what's the fukken point in the post game. All weapons break like easy shit for that matter. People say it's to encourage different playstyles, but it just means I'm going to bomb some Moblins to get the same clubs n' shit I've been forced to use the rest of the game. Why can't I use these buckets of materials to craft, repair, or enhance weapons. Why is it that even when I can get weapons like the Trident back, I have to pay actual diamonds for that privileged. The only actual challenge with fighting shit like Lynel or bosses or what not is just having to ration out with this brittle fukken weapon system.
>>
It's a good game, but it's not even the best Zelda, nor likely not even my GOTY. I don't care what people think of it.
>>
File: ''game journalism''.png (536KB, 825x817px) Image search: [Google]
''game journalism''.png
536KB, 825x817px
>>386373214
>>386373045
>people unironically doing damage control for games where the gameplay was touted as something that was "unimportant" by the developers
>>
>>386373593
A game can be good despite lacking gameplay though. It's not the only reason why you'd enjoy a game. Look at Morrowind, Silent Hill and Final Fantasy.
>>
File: doctor lowers glasses.png (105KB, 326x332px) Image search: [Google]
doctor lowers glasses.png
105KB, 326x332px
>>386373797
>games don't need gameplay
>>
>>386373904
>shitting on Silent Hill
Nu-/v/, ladies and gentleman. Kill yourself.
>>
>>386373904
Who are you quoting? Because that's not what I said.
>>
Breath of the Wild is a good 8/10

If you faggots couild just accept that it has some flaws holding it back but is still good none of this shit throwing would occur
>>
>>386363659
I dunno, it is one of my favourite Zeldas up there, but Link to the Past is still king after all these years
>>
>>386373243
They're the biggest shitposters on this board and sony is considered nintendo's 'traditional' rival. It's not really out of line to think anti-nintendo posters are sonygros.
>>
>>386374248
After BotW, I don't think that's the case
>>
>>386370228
Except it's not, as highlighted by BotW's scores. Unless you consider it to be cinematic?
>>
>>386374451
>You should never trust professional games critics
This is true and yes, they do tend to lean towards story-heavy ''cinematic'' games.
>>
>>386374059
It has some flaws but it's still a solid 9.4/10 desu
>>
>>386373973
Silent Hill is spoopy tryhard jumpscare garbage. I could go play Five nights at Freddys and get the same experience.
>>
>/v/ criticizes every game ever
>even widely acclaimed games like The Witcher 3
>somehow criticizing BotW means you're a jealous sonygro
Why would BotW be the first game that everyone on /v/ loved?
>>
>>386359412
BotW is objectively a shit game made for pedophiles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdx9Sd1JxI
>>
>>386374571
That's not what the left statement says. Aside from Uncharted there aren't a lot of cinematic games that get amazing reviews, see Grand Theft Auto, Bloodborne, Red Dead, Zelda, Mario, etc

Unless you're one of those retards that think any cutscenes = cinematic.
>>
>>386374691
>/v/ shits on every game ever
ftfy
>>
>>386374989
>there aren't a lot of cinematic games that get amazing reviews

erhem.

>>386372682
>>
>>386374723
Is this that autistic guy who made Fez? Or was that some other guy?
>>
8/10 maybe a 7 if you ignore Nintendo games are for children.

Fuck Rito village and Death Mountain.
Fuck the majority of side quests being lazy fetch quests
Fuck that exploring mid game onwards is a pointless cycle of sacrificing weapons to gain different weapons and an unnecessary amount of orbs
>>
>>386375282
This guy made Braid and The Witness. You're thinking of Phil Fish.
>>
>>386374691
>widely acclaimed games like The Witcher 3
TW3 kinda sucks so it makes sense. When it comes to BotW there was so much shitposting because it was perfect and every criticism was pathetic.
>>
>>386374691
Welcome to NintendoGAF.
>>
>>386375310
>children
would not be able to play this game

They'd either lose patience before leaving the plateau or ragequit after they got oneshotted to many times.
>>
File: file.png (413KB, 600x627px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
413KB, 600x627px
>>386375282
He's the guy that made Braid and The Witness.
And pees using a homebrew catheter attached to a plastic bottle
>>
>>386375365
>TW3 kinda sucks so it makes sense.
>93 metacritic "sucks"
>>
BOTW is one of those games where I can't even joke that "the best thing is the fact it ends!" because it literally never ends, you just grind copy-pasted content until you run out of shit to grind.
I don't know how people can like this shit. Atleast with skyrim mods can fix it, even sex mods couldn't fix BOTW because there's nothing worth fucking.
>>
>>386375574
93 is still less than 97, senpai :^)
>>
>>386375536
>would not be able to play this game
Then it would've gotten a lower metacritic score since all game journos are children.
>>
>>386375558
Who doesn't though? I've used a fair share of piss bottles in my life. They work pretty well.
>>
>>386375536
>this what botw retards actually believe
>>
>>386375574
So?
>>
>>386375558
Damn.... so this is the power of western video game developers....
Not bad........
>>
>>386375676
Do you use your piss bottles by shoving a plastic tube you bought from the hardware store into your urethra?
>>
>>386375641
>>386375715
How can it suck if it has such praise from game journos? Remember, you said they can't be wrong, and that "only sonybros argue against metacritic scores".
>>
>>386375828
No, that would hurt like hell. I just put the tip of my cock in the bottle and piss in it. It's not rocket science.
>>
>>386375845
Anything less than 95 on metacritic means the game is shit, buddy. That's a fact.
>>
>>386375845
Fuck off, retard
>>
>>386375174
wow three whole cinematic games you really got me there anon

tell me, how did until dawn do with critics? that's the most cinematic game i've ever played.
>>
>>386359412
will /v/ ever get over botw?
>>
>>386375941
It didn't do well because they didn't pay enough bribe money.

>>386375923
>Anything less than 95 on metacritic means the game is shit,
So games like Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, bayonetta, ARMs, and Splatoon are irredeemable trash?
>>
>>386376063
>So games like Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, bayonetta, ARMs, and Splatoon are irredeemable trash?
Yep.
>>
>>386361487
Clearly not lel
>>
>>386376168
So why try to convince me that I should buy a Switch? If it's for Zelda, I can play it on wiiU AND emulate it perfectly on PC.
>>
>>386376063
>So games like Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong, Kid Icarus, bayonetta, ARMs, and Splatoon are irredeemable trash?
Are you too dumb to check metascores anon? Of course they are. Jesus.
>>
>>386376273
SMO which will get the first 100/100 on metacritic in history.
>>
>>386376440
Which I'll be emulating since they've cracked the Switch's kernel.
>>
>>386375536
You actually are delusional
>>
>>386375923
>Uncharted has exactly a 95

Wtf I love sony now?!
>>
>>386376440
Wait a second, doesn't that mean that every single game journo has to agree on a perfect score? how are you gonna manage that with ol' Jimbob?
Thread posts: 176
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.