[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth the buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 2886483-tlg_e315_06.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2886483-tlg_e315_06.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Is it worth the buy?
>>
It's not worth your time
>>
If you enjoyed ICO, then yes.
>>
I recently got it and its been great so far, definitely up there with its two predecessors imo. Be warned though it doesn't run well at all on a standard PS4.
>>
>>386358326
How were they planning to run this on a PS3?
>>
>>386358484
That could be one of the reasons it never got released back then.
>>
>>386357510
Yeah. The camera gets shifty and in the way sometimes, especially when riding on Trico's back and going to new areas. But otherwise the boy controls very similar to Wander. It's easily the most emotional I have ever gotten playing a video game. The story stays with you for a long time.

>>386358326
What issues are you talking about? I have Pro now, but I played it when I still had a standard PS4. I don't recall anything too bad.
>>
Everyone always claims this about H:ZD, but this game is truly the one that was immediately forgotten by everyone after its release
>>
>>386358843
The framerate takes a huge hit when entering some new areas early in the game but it's fine after that.
>>
>>386358843
I've noticed that when Trico jumps somewhere or dives into water the frame rate drops significantly, theres also drops when your in outdoor areas with lots of foliage. Its not that bad considering the PS2 version of SOTC I suppose
>>
>>386359032
It's a shame because this game is just as good as the first two ICO games. Too bad that it is somewhat understandable since I don't think the game sold that well, especially considering it released very close to FFXV. Plus, unlike XV which mas marketed to hell and back, I don't think this game had much marketing. Perhaps a trailer or two here and there after the release date was announced, but that's it. The news on this game was scarce, and the hype died down like 6 years ago.
>>
>walk into new area
>wait until Trico walks next to you and into a position where you can use him to reach a ledge or whatever
>yell a bit at him as he fidgets around until a scripted movement happens and you do what you need to do
>enter new area
>repeat

I find it really disappointing that during all that development time they didn't pick up on the fact the game is VERY repetitive and the locations you visit are fairly dull.

imho they spent way too much time making Trico's AI and figuring out how he'll do things in given locations but it always boils down to him literally having to walk towards one key spot where you direct him to do a very specific thing that "solves" the location.
And none of it feels particularly rewarding because you're only met with a new, very similar, location to do it all over again.

In any case SotC was a considerable expansion from Ico, but this feels like a retraction and walking around triggering puzzle events is just not that interesting to me anymore.
>>
>>386357510
it's a work of art
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.