[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>three playable characters What were they thinking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 8

File: GTA-5-Download.jpg (64KB, 300x369px) Image search: [Google]
GTA-5-Download.jpg
64KB, 300x369px
>three playable characters

What were they thinking?
>>
I liked it. It allowed me to act differently for each character, and not break "immersion". I could go to a drive-by on other niggas with Franklin, go muddin in the hills with Trevor in a tricked out truck, and fuck prostitutes then dump them off a pier with Michael.
>>
>>386356886
Trevor ruined the game. Prove me wrong.
>>
>switch character
>wait a few minutes
>switch back
>all of your customization for that character are now gone

if it wasn't for this I wouldn't mind as I can just neglect the other two characters.
>>
>>386357270
I can't.
>>
>>386357294
>muh customization
nigga thinks he's playing The Sims
>>
>>386357270
I don't see how he ruined a game with an already shit story with almost no fun missions.
>>
>>386357294
Customization in GTAV is beyond bad anyway.
>>
File: cj.jpg (82KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
cj.jpg
82KB, 640x480px
>>386357431
>he didn't pimp out his CJ

top pleb.
>>
File: 1502020384023.png (300KB, 482x448px) Image search: [Google]
1502020384023.png
300KB, 482x448px
>>386356886
Everyone liked it except /v/ So they were probably thinking. "We want to make more money than last time and don't care about autistic /v/ posters."
>>
>>386357470
>I don't see how he ruined a game with an already shit story with almost no fun missions.
We're not talking about San Andreas in this thread anon
>>
>>386357534
yeah, lacked being able to make the character morbidly obese or a roid junkie.
>>
File: 1488497481457.gif (573KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1488497481457.gif
573KB, 267x199px
>>386357712
S A V A G E
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>386357891
All clothes are same shit you choose in clothing stores around you. What's the point?
>>
File: 1308114031001.jpg (45KB, 648x595px) Image search: [Google]
1308114031001.jpg
45KB, 648x595px
>>386357712
I was just about to say this. Am in the middle of playing SA again and it has aged like shit.

For every fun mission there are like 3 shitty ones in between. Also
>that one mission where you have to flail around in water like a retard for 10 minutes to get the lung capacity
>flight school
>35% gang territory
what a fucking drag
>>
>>386357534
>Very limited customization for hair
>Clothing is different for each character
>No fun weight options
>Any of the cool online clothing and hair isn't available in single player
>>
>>386356886
they were thinking, holy shit, we just spent 200 million dollars making a digital replica of los angeles, someone think of a gimmick to substitute for the plot or we're sunk.
>>
>>386357712

GTA5's story missions are still shit. I tried to speedrun the game and there were only a few missions where you actually play in a shootout. The rest is just driving while listening to someone ramble on in the car. They should have just made this game about being a fucking taxi driver, because picking people up and dropping them off is pretty much all you do.
>>
>>386356886
It was neat idea. I really liked how gta iv with dlcs told connected stories of three characters and I guess rockstar too.
Though I liked gta iv aproach more, since you didn't you will be able to play some guy niko met, so later it was nice surprise.
>>
>>386358189

Almost every mission in SA is terrible. Playing through that game is such a chore. If the entire world was open from the start I would probably have no motivation to do the missions. Only one I can say I really enjoyed was the black project, and maybe the one where you rescue sweet in that motel
>>
>>386358539

Every complained that IV had too many shooting missions, so for V they severely decreased them. I never understood the complaints myself, shooting was one of the most fun mechanics, so why not base most of the game off it? It had a really nice simplicity to it. And yet in V you have way more gimmicky missions like having to drive a fucking crane or submarine
>>
>>386359089
It's those game journalists that try to influence developers into doing what they want by writing a bunch of bullshit. They aren't even journalists, they are retarded political activists with misguided beliefs.
>>
File: monkeyfuck.png (2MB, 1448x1080px) Image search: [Google]
monkeyfuck.png
2MB, 1448x1080px
if it aint white it aint right

also franklin is a shit character
>>
>>386357089
I regularly forgot who I was even playing as when I was in first person. They really should have differentiated the characters more (maybe have different fighting styles, more of a variation in their skill stats, a few different animations for certain items that one character may know better than another, etc.)
>>
>>386357270
Narrative wise, yes.

Gameplay wise, he was the only thing that saved it.
>>
File: 1491741128900.jpg (44KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491741128900.jpg
44KB, 540x540px
>>386360287
I actually sometimes forget who I am because real life in in first person
>>
>>386359089
I think the number of shooting missions in GTAV was fine, I just hate that they made basically everything else driving missions. There are tons of unused assets in the game both weapon-wise and location wise.

For example, when was the last time you used tear gas in the game? What about the baseball bat? Did you ever get into a fight with someone on Mount Chiliad? Or on that gigantic farm on the eastern side of the map? Ever had a fist fight on top of the blimp?

There was so much potential for cool missions in this game but they just had to make 2/3 of them driving ones. In my opinion, The Ballad of Gay Tony was much better than GTAV and had the kind of mission design that made the PS2 era games great.
>>
>>386356886

does the enhanced version look noticeably better than the normal one? What did they do to improve it
>>
>>386361254
The PC/PS4/Xbone version looks noticably better than the original PS3/Xbox release if that's what you mean.

They didn't just update the graphics but also fixed some of the AI issues with the police and added first person mode along with some different weapons. If you ask me, it's probably worth it to save up for the enhanced version than to buy the old version now. I remember being impressed by the original version when I first bought it but I find it hard to play now.
>>
>>386357294
>switch character
The character you're now controlling has his personal vehicle near him.
>switch to another character and switch back
That character's personal vehicle has disappeared.

I know it's not that big of a deal, but it still really annoyed me.
>>
>>386357270
Was a good character. Should not have been a protagonist, though.
>>
>>386356886
What were they thinking?
>we stretched the target audience so far that our multiple core audiences can't relate to a common main character anymore
>let's just have a ghetto nigger striving for money, a bored suburbian white man and a redneck lunatic to easily please everyone
>>
i cant tell if my console is fucked or if it just controls weird. every action feels weirdly delayed and I feel like I have to turn really sharply
>>
File: 1501317123251.jpg (19KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501317123251.jpg
19KB, 480x270px
>GTA VI
so they're gonna make 3 playable characters again? having only one will feel like "going backwards" in the eyes of the normies who loved GTAV
>>
>>386364986
I don't think we'll get 3 characters again, mainly because the whole motif of V was built around interaction between the three characters, particularly surrounding the missions. Isn't like they didn't already take a step back from SA when they brought out IV with most of the features cut.
>>
>>386360287
I noticed that while Franklin and Trevor hold the uzi (and maybe some other weapons) from the hip 'gangster style' Micheal properly shoulders it when he uses it. I thought that was a nice touch.
>>
>>386364986
>>386365227
I'm thinking VI will just be GTA O with a playable single player campaign to get people to pay for shark cards for single player content as well.
>>
>>386364986
it's their excuse for never having to make DLC again.
>>
>>386357654
gtaforums hates it, too
>>
>>386356886
The sad truth is that the three player system would've worked better with IV, allowing you to move between each individual character and play their story. a possible fix to progression between all three is to force a switch once a certain character has reached a point where the other two are required to be there(diamond heist, apartment raid, etc), and let the player choose which character point of view he wants to play from during that mission.

>switch to niko
dealing with russians, italians, playboy, brucie, michelle, mannie and elizabeta(sp?)
>switch to johnny
biker shit. can't remember the story, but I vaguely remember it being far different from the shit you do on niko. some sort of betrayal or somethnig like that.
>switch to luis
night clubbin', underground fighting, protecting tony, dealing with yusuf and the niggas trying to smoke you.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.