[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

was luck a useless stat in fallout 3?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 3926676413_c3fe13a75e.jpg (136KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3926676413_c3fe13a75e.jpg
136KB, 500x375px
was luck a useless stat in fallout 3?
>>
3 was a useless game in the fallout series
>>
I guess, but it's not like F3 requires any level of min-maxing.
>>
the whole game
>>
>>386351098
>>
Fallout 3 alongside Oblivion was one of the worst modern AAA games until Fallout 4 came along. Seriously, it's like bethesda purposefully trying to destroy everything they touch
>>
>>386351098
This.
Play 2 or New Vegas
>>
>>386351309
Bethesda are perfecting the art of making games into a streamlined business. They've found their formula and their goal is to maximise the efficiency of furthering that formula rather than make entertainment.

That's not to say there's no entertainment in there at ALL, but that's not the driving force behind making it. They're not making a game out of the love of making games and there's no inspiration behind it at all, they're filling out a form and ticking boxes on a checklist that has been carefully crafted by their most cynical executives.

Bethesda games have 0 heart any more, absolutely none. Their games are a series of cynical activities designed to draw you in and take up your time, masquerading as fun but never being satisfying. That's why you can put hundreds of hours into their games and still not really be able to say you enjoyed it.

They are insidious.
>>
>>386351309
I would say that FO3, Oblivion and FO4 are actually three of the worst games ever made. Older games couldn't be so incredibly ugly, dead or hopeless. There's an argument to be made for awarding negative scores to these super-abortions.

>>386351756
>Their games are a series of cynical activities designed to draw you in and take up your time, masquerading as fun but never being satisfying. That's why you can put hundreds of hours into their games and still not really be able to say you enjoyed it.

They're basically making sick-people games. They're made to occupy players for as long as possible, it's basically a kind of long-term relief.
>>
>>386351098
Fucking this, even when NV is broken as it is, it is still Fallout just because it maintains the theme of the series instead of cartoon villains fighting over meaningless shit.
>>
>>386351756
Well said. I've lost hope on a AAA 3d role playing game. Emphasis on the role playing part.
The last one we had was New Vegas and with the cost of development as high as it is, I don't see a new one coming any time soon.
Will have to stick with indie/smaller steam releases like pillars, wasteland, divinity, etc. As good as the Witcher is, it isn't a traditional rpg and neither is it trying to be. That said I do still hope CDprojekt translate cyberpunk using its proper table top ruleset.
>>
>>386351756
>Bethesda games have 0 heart any more
Bethesda has been around for a surprisingly long time, and if you actually did research on their line of work (such as an awful Home Alone game) you'd know they'd always been a shitty company that got lucky only a handful of times with the earlier TES games.
>>
>>386352393
I was long term unemployed when Skyrim came out and I thought it was a meh game that I played for a bit here and there without ever really getting into.

Then a few months later I got a full time job and Skyrim became my most played game.

Bethesda games fit around a normie schedule ludicrously well because while there's always something to do, there's never anything particularly engrossing. You're not like "I NEED to do X Y and Z right now so I can see how this story plays out!", it's more "Well I have X Y and Z to do, but Y and Z can easily wait until tomorrow, I need to go make dinner". They're also very basic; there's no complicated gameplay to remember, no complex story or whatever. You can take a 3 week break from Skyrim or Fallout and come back to it and immediately pick up where you left off like you'd never stopped playing at all.

They're hollow, shallow games which means if you're still NEET they're a distraction at best, but if you're genuinely busy enough that you can only spend an hour or so playing games a day, they're ideal. They just slot right in there. I think that's why they're so popular in the wider world, and even with video game reviewers and so on; they're "massive" open world games *specifically designed* to be consumed an hour or two at a time, so for people who ONLY have an hour to play them, they're addictive as hell.
>>
>>386351098
You are a useless child in your family.
>>
>>386353316
Pretty good analysis. That goes for other crappy games like so many multiplayer games, and why they're so popular now. Video games aren't for the non-normie that has lots of free time, or kids who have lots of free time especially in the summer. They're for people who only have an hour or 2 of free time daily.

So we're going to get nonstop garbage like oblivion, fallout 3/4, Dota 2, and overwatch.
>>
>>386353547
t.odd
>>
>>386350971
can you tell me when luck is useful in a game?
>>
>>386353807
Makes you a fuckton of caps in New Vegas.
>>
>>386351098
>>386351256
>>386351467
>>386352827
>>386353547
I'm telling Todd.
>>
>>386354128
Uh, friendly fire much?
>>
>>386353961
to do what
>>
File: No seriously, get the fuck out.jpg (17KB, 180x269px) Image search: [Google]
No seriously, get the fuck out.jpg
17KB, 180x269px
>>386354210
>Uh
>>
>>386354361
Uh, your post is problematic.
>>
>>386354346
Rub your wealth in House's face
>>
>>386353807
When you need it for the blueblood sword of course
>>
FO3 got me into the series, I like both 3 and New Vegas, 4 can go to hell, haven't played the old ones dunno if I ever will.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.