[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Post the last game you bought on Steam. Rate each other's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 9

File: Capture.png (618KB, 1058x812px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
618KB, 1058x812px
ITT: Post the last game you bought on Steam.

Rate each other's purchases and tell them what they're in for, without spoilers.

I'll go first, just bought this today. Never played, despite loving survival horror games.
>>
>>386349253

Have fun, it's a good game. Just make sure you use classic control scheme, not the shitty new one that breaks the game. Also play in 4:3, all 16:9 does is crop out the top and bottom of the screen which is shit.
>>
File: Capture.png (433KB, 1283x750px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
433KB, 1283x750px
>>386349349
Classic control scheme being the tank controls, and the new one being the one where you have to constantly change your analog stick direction when the camera changes? I really didn't know which one to choose, I've never played a tank control game like this.

Also, gonna assume I should be playing on Normal for now? They have the weird "stroll through the park" difficulty settings, not just "easy" "medium" or 'hard".
>>
File: Capture.png (698KB, 1275x725px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
698KB, 1275x725px
>>386349709
This shit. Also, playing with an X360 controller. Don't see how I could play this with a keyboard and mouse.
>>
>>386349709
take your nostalgia goggles off it's better with analog controls
>>
>>386349709

Yeah classic is tank controls.

Also no, play on hard. IIRC they port they made the old easy mode into a new normal mode or something.

And yeah don't do wide screen, go original if you want to actually see the full image. Since the graphics and art in this game is really nice, and you will miss out a lot of it's all chopped up.

>>386349876

Jesus christ no it's not. It's actually unplayably bad. I tried to use it, I really did and I was dying abnd suddenly turning around when I wanted to go the other way all the time. Tank controls are consistent with directions and I never had an issue with them. With the new controls the direction you are pressing changes with the camera angles and it's really confusing. Also makes it way to easy to run in circles which breaks a lot of the tension in evading zombies.
>>
>>386349876
>take your nostalgia goggles off

I've never played this game, what nostalgia goggles are you referring to?
>>
>>386350102
Also, going with your advice, went ahead and chose hard, 4:3, and tank controls. I'll see how it plays. Thanks anon.
>>
Do refunds count? If so Grimoire because fuck that much money for what the game is.
If not, then PUBG because I'm a slave to trend.
>>
>>386349253
choose Chris, normal difficulty
DON'T read anything or follow any guides at all
enjoy one of the games that you will ever play in your entire life

btw, if you have framerate issues, check the guides section: there is a fix for that
>>
>>386350229

No worries I hope you enjoy it anon.

If you haven't played a classic RE game before, just remember, try to save ammo, don't save to often since you have limited ink ribbons. And use the times after you save to explore without the risk of losing to much if you die, because the game just gets more and more filled with tension the more you do stuff and achieve things between saves.

Also examine everything, just wallhug and hit examine and see what happens, and everything you pick up, examine the 3D object in your inventory.
>>
>>386350359

Nah Chris is for a second playthrough. Jill is for a first playthough.

Chris gets headshots way easier and is better for combat. But he has no lockpick and his game has far more backtracking so his playthrough is slightly more annoying. Jill has a lockpick so doesn't have to waste inventory space on too many keys, has less backtracking so her game plays better, but she's also a shit shot so combat is harder.

I'd go with Jill though, because she's nice to look at.
>>
File: boring shit.jpg (51KB, 554x367px) Image search: [Google]
boring shit.jpg
51KB, 554x367px
>>386349253
Silant age.
it was boring shit with so many plot holes.
>>
File: Capture.png (1MB, 1916x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
1MB, 1916x1044px
>>386350359
Not using any guides, this is my experience :^)

>>386350405
Awesome, going to keep all of this in mind.

>>386350540
I chose Jill, she's cute as hell anyway. I've always heard Chris is "hard mode".

But alright, thanks guys, time to enter the survival horror.
>>
>>386350540
all those reasons is why I find Chris a better run
Jill/Barry is easy run
>>
Rebel Galaxy. It was pretty crap.
>>
File: lastbuy.png (1MB, 1876x557px) Image search: [Google]
lastbuy.png
1MB, 1876x557px
>>386349253
Bought both Dishonored, Slime Rancher and Talos Principle, all at the same time. Going to keep me busy for a few weeks.
>>
Alien: Isolation during summer sale
>>
>>386350880

I don't really think one of them is easy mode and one of them is hard. It's more playstyles. They are balanced for combat and exploration each.

Besides, playing as Jill you will actually use slightly more ammo than Chris, since Jill is inaccurate and misses more often, or only gets bodyshots.

>>386350739

Enjoy my friend.
>>
Pretty sure the last thing I bought was PUBG last month. It's been fun with friends so far.
>>
File: SteamGames.jpg (10KB, 256x36px) Image search: [Google]
SteamGames.jpg
10KB, 256x36px
I literally created my first Steam account yesterday and got these.
>>
File: Untitled.png (731KB, 982x705px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
731KB, 982x705px
I didn't want to buy it at first because the whole 3-on-3 basketball combat looked retarded to me, but I ended up buying it anyway because Supergiant Games is one of the good guys.

And I have to say, this shit is fucking amazing. Supergiant is hitting 3 for 3 in my book. The gameplay is fast and tactical, and while it does get a bit repetitive you get to use different units against different teams and enable extra difficulty modifiers to keep things interesting. The story is easily the best out of their games so far, beating both Bastion and Transistor in the quality and scope of its writing and being every bit as good in its delivery. The characters are good, the art is good, the music is fucking phenomenal. And it's got multiple endings so you get a bit of extra replay value that way. The only thing I feel is lacking is online multiplayer, sure it's got local multiplayer but that's not always an option. Some basic online functionality would have added a whole new dimension to the game.

Either way I'm in love with this game and I'm not even ashamed of shilling it for free.
>>
File: Capture1.jpg (27KB, 722x185px) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.jpg
27KB, 722x185px
>>386351757

Good choice. Got these two recently.
>>
>>386352812
Also that 18 hour playtime is entirely me going full autism mode over the weekend. I don't get that way with many games, but this one was worth it.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.