[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shadow Tower (and old From Software games general I guess)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: ShadowTower.jpg (48KB, 600x593px) Image search: [Google]
ShadowTower.jpg
48KB, 600x593px
What stat am I supposed to upgrade to avoid losing health when wearing too much heavy armor? I can't quite figure it out.

Other than that, I got used to the dumb controls pretty quick and am enjoying the atmosphere & (above all else) creature designs in this game.
>>
File: shadowtower9.jpg (40KB, 608x456px) Image search: [Google]
shadowtower9.jpg
40KB, 608x456px
The only other From first-person dungeon crawler I played for a few hours was King's Field 4. Obviously better gameplay but man, the enemies were not even vaguely as interesting. Shadow Tower is full of weird, creative shit and manages to be really spooky despite being more colorful and silly than other From games and less "omgsodark". Maybe that's part of why the moments of genuine disturbing atmosphere pop out so much.

Might pirate & translation-patch the PS2 sequel to Shadow Tower when I'm done with the first; really fucking weird how you have guns in it though. Not even old timey guns but modern day stuff, so it's a buff FPS man shooting stuff in a fantasy setting.
>>
Meme games kys
>>
>>386343550
Thanks for the bump faggot
>>
File: Lost_Kingdoms.jpg (22KB, 256x366px) Image search: [Google]
Lost_Kingdoms.jpg
22KB, 256x366px
Were there any other rpgs with similar card based battle mechanics?
Baten Kaitos is the only other real competitor but FS nailed it perfectly by not having a turn based system.
>>
this game is way too hard. even harder than king's field or souls games
>>
>>386344331
Playing it back to back with Bloodborne,, found it easier so far. The only big problem I had was not knowing basic shit like the existence of trade stores or the fact that you can block along with the OP problem.

Maybe it gets really hard later though.
>>
File: echo-night-2.jpg (146KB, 800x788px) Image search: [Google]
echo-night-2.jpg
146KB, 800x788px
Old Fromsoft > New Fromsoft
>>
File: 250px-Enchantarm.jpg (33KB, 250x308px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Enchantarm.jpg
33KB, 250x308px
I feel like no one played this except me.
>>
>>386345564
didn't even know they made games that colorful back in the day
>>
>>386342298
I got to some invisible sell caster or something and then just stopped because the controls were too frustrating.
>>
>>386345564

This game was pretty interesting for a turn based 9x9 grid system but some of the golems in the game were so terrible. There was a lot of unused/underwhelming content.
>>
>>386347131
if it's too much for you, you can just emulate it and alter the controls so that they're the same as King's Field 4.
>>
I couldn't play 1. I enjoyed 2 for the most part. Being unable to drop items in a game where you can get over burdened is insane. I save summer a bit
>>
>and old From Software games general I guess
Wasn't too keen on Eternal Ring but the soundtrack was grand
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rolLe7il3Zs

>>386345564
Remember that time Xbox got first dibs on japanese games?
>>
>>386347870
you can easily configure it in an emulator so that the control scheme is the same as King's Field IV

if you think IV is also 'unplayable' then you probably just suck at games
>>
>>386343478
I remember people saying Bloodborne was a Shadow Tower sequel when it was first announced
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.