[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suppose ASW is tasked with making a successor to pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 619ZVJV345L.jpg (103KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
619ZVJV345L.jpg
103KB, 500x447px
Suppose ASW is tasked with making a successor to pic related for PS4, Xbone, and PC, but actually built for competitive play. A 2.5D competitive platform fighter (the Smash-killer), with the visual style of DBFZ.

Who makes the cut?

Let's assume a roster of 25 characters.
>>
>>386341451
>25
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>386341451
>Who makes the cut
only the most relevant and popular characters, meaning alot of cool characters would be left out
>>
>>386341583
You want a balanced game, you gotta start small. Smash Melee only had 27, and it was the sequel to a game with 12 characters.

I'm sure we could fit 50 into the final entry, but starting out it's gotta be small.

>>386341735
Alright, who are your picks?
>>
Assuming we're only getting 1-2 playable characters per series, I think those are a given:

>One Piece (Luffy and Law/Zoro)
>JoJo (Jotaro)
>HxH (Gon and Killua)
>Dragon Ball (Goku and ?)
>Hokuto no Ken (Kenshiro)
>Reborn! (Tsuna)
>Naruto (Naruto)
>Rurouni Kenshin (Kenshin)
>Saint Seiya (Seiya)
>YuYu Hakusho (Yusuke and Hiei/Kurama)

As for newcomers:
>Boku no Hero (Deku and Bakugo)
>Boruto (Boruto)

>>386341892
They really shouldn't try to make a super balanced, competitive game. They should go out with fanservice and have even the sport characters duking it out as playable characters.
>>
File: 308187_front.jpg (58KB, 500x512px) Image search: [Google]
308187_front.jpg
58KB, 500x512px
>>386341735
This. OP game introduced me to a lot of interesting series a decade ago, some not even translated - like Midori Makibao, a manga/anime about a tiny midget horse who looks like a hippo and races against more realistic horses. The people are also much cartoonier than the other horses so the art style is charmingly weird overall. And the OP kicks ass: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UBiaCe75K8 It also has a PS1 game I guess and I'm posting it because the cover art is good.

Then there's Rokudenashi Blues which has been on my "to read" list for ages.

To be fair, part of it may be that a horse racing manga & a realistic school delinquent manga with boxing might not fit the over the top gameplay of the series. But some of the most interesting shit only comes in the form of assist panels.

So... I guess put Gutsy Frog characters in there as assists.
>>
>>386341451
For this kind of game to work, they would need a lot of characters. If you just limit the roster size you will still get mediocre crap like J-Star Victory VS.
>>
>>386342147
Well they could bring back the assists to have a lot of fanservice, and even do something like the trophies on Smash as well. Also fleshing out the Power/Tactical/Joke mechanic could be interesting.
>>
>>386342147
>forgetting Yugi and Bobobo
>>
>>386342147
Man Reborn was such trash. Glad that ship sunk fast into irrelevancy.
>>
>>386341451
>25 characters.

So it going to be just as shit as Jump VS.?

Yeah i'll pass
>>
>PS4, Xbone and PC

Yeah, let's make a half-way Smash clone with great own shit (switching characters and using assist strategically with the touchpad while replicating comic strips with it) into a soulless straight Smash clone with a laughable roster that wouldn't go out from DB, Naruto, Bleach, Jojo, Hunter x Hunter and One Piece.
>>
>>386342485
It had some good ideas and characters, but the author had no idea what she wanted to do with the series.

>>386342464
Eh, I wanted to mention the ones that I sure to get in. Thou I do admit I forgot Bobobo, that one would probably get in.

>>386342396
Sports characters could make for interesting movesets, thou.
>>
>>386341892
>Yoh
>Yusuke
>Gon
>Goku
>Kenshiro
>Kenshin
>Suguru
>Train
>Josuke
>Seiya
>Allen
>Gintoki
>Oga
>Arale
>Bobobo
>Nura
>Shishio
>Hao
>Saga
>Raoh
>Kira
>Hisoka
>Hagoromo

Then i'd like to see some character that doesn't fight get in, i wanna see how a character like that could potentially work in a fighter, and finally Shion, magico didn't deserve to die like it did
>>
>>386341892
Balance doesn't fucking matter if the game is fun, so 25 characters would definitely not be anough especially when arcsys is gonna try and charge you $50 for and the next version with 5 more characters so Its only resonable to expext atleast 40+ characters since the last had 56.
>>
File: 762078.jpg (416KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
762078.jpg
416KB, 1024x768px
>>386343460
>Nura
You mean this one, I don't see why he would get in?
nurarihyon no mago wasn't that popular right?
>>
>>386344510
it was decently popular when it was running, and arcsys actually made a nura game for ps3
>>
File: Jumpu.png (4MB, 1930x1121px) Image search: [Google]
Jumpu.png
4MB, 1930x1121px
>>386341451
28 characters.

You can hit all the main faces.
>>
>>386342147
>Jotaro for the JoJo slot
I'd fucking hope not.
>>
>>386346163
Dio for sure. But it's hard not to justify both him and Jotaro. On the plus side, they can both be Duo characters a la Eddie.
>>
>>386345908
>Hisoka instead of Killua
>>
>>386347248
>Not wanting to use Bungee Gum
Think of the possibilities. It's got the properties of Rubber AND Gum.
>>
All I would care about is if Kenshin and Gintoki were in the game.

I need to see which 'war hero samurai trying to live a normal life' is stronger.

BATTOUSAI THE MANSLAYER or THE WHITE YAKSHA
>>
>>386347348
Only if you can use O MY RUBBER NEN once per match to get an after death powerup
>>
>>386347613
Make it a stock based platform fighter with HP bars instead of percent, and I'm sure you could have all sorts of crazy shit thanks to ring out being a viable option for KO, and not having rounds to pause the match.
>>
File: file.png (197KB, 260x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
197KB, 260x300px
ill make the PS3 game but with more characters
Like shaman king, yu gi oh and machoman

god how did the same people that made that master piece can make the shity naruto games?
>>
>>386347829
But that's a shitty arena fighter with ugly visuals. Give us a 2.5D fighter with ASW's cell shading instead.
>>
>>386347984
but i like shity arena fighters
>>
File: tumblr_mhlk9tyEGq1r45vupo10_1280.jpg (371KB, 1280x919px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhlk9tyEGq1r45vupo10_1280.jpg
371KB, 1280x919px
>not having Gash+Kiyo as a guest character
>>
>>386348029
I don't. Give us a game to dethrone Smash instead.
>>
>no one even remembers D.Gray-man
feels bad man
>>
>>386341451
Is this game localised for the west? I could only play it with the acekard on Japanese. Loved it, but always reading moon runes kinda sucks.
>>386345908
>Bobobo and Soma
I'm happy with that.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.