[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

Why is a souls rip-off better than bloodborne?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: cucked.png (1MB, 1247x998px) Image search: [Google]
cucked.png
1MB, 1247x998px
Why is a souls rip-off better than bloodborne?
>>
because the cheque came in
>>
>>386338774
Because it's better than Memeborne.
>>
>>386338774
>they got rid of pros and cons
no more embarrassments i guess
>>
Just because you popularize a sub-genre first doesn't mean you're always the best.
>>
Nioh doesn't run like shit.

The reviewer probably values performance a lot in action games. Which fair.
>>
>>386338943
>Roll Souls 3
no thanks
>>
>>386338774
because it doesn't have issues with frame rate and load times
>>
>>386338774
>frame rate, load times
Peasantry once again.
>>
>>386338774
>onimusha
>souls rip off
>>
much better framerate
much better variety in character building and playstyles
much better bosses
>>
I never bear Nioh. Nier and Persona came out and completely forgot about it.

I did like it, just never really fell in love with it
>>
>IGN reviews
I know you're shitposting but I feel this needs to be said.
IGN reviews are absolutely not a reliable way to compare two games. These were written and scored by two different reviewers with vastly different tastes. I would guess the first person, who reviewed Nioh, is a console gamer who has grown accustomed to and doesn't mind the console performance issues. Perhaps he also isn't as big a fan of the first Dark Souls as the second reviewer.
The second reviewer is likely a PC gamer who values performance heavily, and so cannot excuse the frame drops Bloodborne has on the original PS4 hardware.
I'm not saying who's right or wrong, but because reviews will always have an element of subjectivity, it's simply not valid to compare these scores.
>>
>>386339228
>much better bosses

Only Yuki onna and tachibana was good, maybey the flamed boss as well.

The MAIN villain was so fucking garbage like holy shit he was beyond a pushover
>>
>>386339228
framerate is not true. it slows down at points just like bloodborne, (attack effects like fire give off lots of particles)
variety in character building is not much better, in fact there are more weapons in bloodborne and the only viable builds in nioh are still atk / dex with a side of magic (guns for bloodborne)
much better bosses? that's just like your opinion man.

this thread is shit why am i even posting here fuck you guys

t. someone who played both which is probably 2 games more than anybody in this thread.
>>
File: 1477417374355.png (131KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1477417374355.png
131KB, 294x265px
>>386338774
I don't know man. As a fan of all the souls-borne games I went to try Nioh and although I initially really enjoyed it, i felt that it became a huge drag towards the ending segment of the game.

The selectyourlevel style story missions was kinda shit and enemy variety was slim to none. On the other hand the combat and performance was great.
>>
>>386340025
but in Nioh you can have all sorts of different tools and magic

also you can actually change your weight in Nioh.

both games pale in comparison to DeS and DaS 1 and 2 in terms of character variety but I still think Nioh has more. And Nioh's weapons have way more fleshed out movesets that feel different, 85% of Bloodborne weapons consist of mashing R1
>>
>>386339849
The main villain of Bloodborne is a pushover too though. Albeit a very charismatic one

Awooooooo
>>
>>386340330
Nah, he was stronger than half the bosses in the game atleast.

The nioh fag was literally weaker than the first boss
>>
>>386340330
The two last fights in Bloodborne were such a shit way to close the game, way too fucking easy. I beat the Moon Presence first try, which I can't at all atribute to MAD SKILLZ. It was just piss easy, I had actually spent my blood vials on German and didn't even need to use any.
>>
File: framerate machine broke.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
framerate machine broke.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>Bloodborne
>good
L O L
O
L
>>
File: 1494265701407.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494265701407.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>Nioh is a HARD gam-
>>
>>386341847

>Magic

Opinion discarded
>>
>>386342307
Magic in bloodborne doesn't cripple a boss like this
>>
>>386340202
>souls-borne games
Do not use this term. Ever. They are "Souls Games." Bloodborne is a souls game and didn't add nearly enough to the genre to warrant hyphen-marriage to the Souls Games name.
>>
>>386342450

That's the point, you shouldn't use Magic or Living Weapon in Nioh. Those were made for casual fags.
>>
>>386342578
Bloodborne isn't a souls game, though. "souls" isn't anywhere to be seen in the title.
>>
>>386342608
Nah, they clearly intended that to be a corse aspect to the game if you actually played it, even the dlc's shill more of them. Don't blame me your shit game appeals to casuals so hard where in bloodborne the only easy mode is summoning which you can also do in nioh.
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 382x204px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 382x204px
>>386338774
>why is resident Evil better than alone in the dark?
>why is Street Fighter II better than "international Karate"
>why is final fantasy better than dragon quest?

Why can't you just wnjoy things OP
>>
>>386342895
And Nioh isn't a Soulsborne game because it has neither Souls or Borne in the title.
>>
>>386342578
But Bloodborne is not a "souls" game just as Dino Crisis is not a "resident evil" game
>>
>>386343051

If you need Magic or Living weapon then you're a shitter period. Easy mode was implemented for your kind.
>>
>>386342608
>use items in the game
>"well uh your point is invalid cus um casuals lol xD"
>>
>>386343167
Correct.
>>
>>386343218

Bet you're a shield/magic fag on souls games too.
>>
>>386343218
This. Faggots be making life harder for themselves in games just so they can e-thug on the internet.
>>
>>386343273
If they didn't want us to exploit the game they wouldn't put it in there. What? They just suddenly forgot about that one aspect and unbalanced the game and now you have to self impose difficulty on yourself for e-peen points? Get fucked. Go play souls with pair of donkey kong bongos or whatever, e-thug.
>>
File: 1486055812942.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1486055812942.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>386343193
Nioh is a game made for casuals.

Bloodborne is a game where you actually have to try if you play alone. You get used to the same 10 fucking enemies in Nioh it's impossible to classify that game as "hard"
>>
>>386338774
Idk. When should I ever give a fuck what IGN says about anything?
>>
>>386343438
>>386343445

In Nioh the bosses have mechanics and patterns, exploiting it completely bypasses the difficulty of those fights. This was made for shitters that don't even want to bother with these fights in other words casuals.

>mfw every souls baby complaining on the first beta test because it was too herdd...

LOL
>>
>>386343549
Why should you give a fuck what anyone says about anything? Especially us.
>>
>>386343708
Okay anon, but it's not souls. If you pick up MGR and find a boss easier in that than you did in say, the orginal DMC, is it correct to start talking about "in DMC you would..."
>>
>>386338774
Because bloodbourne is overhyped garbage that only got praised because
>never ever goldface
>>
>>386342608
>Don't use items in the game designed for everyone because the devs fucked up the balancing

Shit devs
>>
>fast, tactical combat
>"journalist" doesn't know the difference between tactics and strategy
>>
>>386341203
kek what the fuck are you doing to your discs for this to happen
>>
>>386343708
So the main audience? Because the game gives you abundance of exploits where if you want to fight a proper hard fight you gotta be shirtless and use really specific weak weapons. These fuckers got persuaded by faggots after the beta to make the game easier, what a bunch of spineless developers who forget they are the ones who made NGB before.
>>
>>386340025
Framerate in Nioh can be a pretty stable 60 compared to the shitty frame skipping 25-30 in Bloodbourne, it's a huge difference.

Other than that Niohs got way more combos and way better combat.
>>
because at launch, bloodbourne would take like 2 minutes to load on death
>>
>>386343869
It's literally the same shit as darksouls, which you faggots never shut the fuck up about 4 times a day. If anything you are now just dismissing it for being "never ever gold face" literally hating on it for exclusivity. Don't ask me though, i find them all incredibly dull ukemi simulators for the most part, but i do like a meme challange.
>>
>>386339228
the only things it had better were the variety of stances and framerate. not once during bloodborne did it feel like a chore or repetitive like it did for me in nioh.

it's a solid game, probably the best ripoff in the genre but it's a 8 to maybe an 8.5 at best.
>>
>>386343945

Every weapon is alright, there's an obvious gap of strength between them but it's okay because you will at the very least go through mechanics. Most of the people that play Nioh uses Sloth + infinite Living weapon to go through content and call it easy after that which is retarded.
>>
>>386344094
this is a valid point,
loading times have been patched though.
>>
>>386342608
>my favorite game has all the attributes I imagine it does! anyone showing that not to be the case is a casual!!
>>
>>386344907
This.
>>
File: 1427799724434.jpg (54KB, 896x349px) Image search: [Google]
1427799724434.jpg
54KB, 896x349px
>>386338774
IGN ratings are inconsistent essays mostly made by different people who greatly lacks any kind of observation and gaming skills.
They are basically art critiques that cannot see the difference from a sauce stained napkin to a pollock.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.