[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 91+khicupoL._SX342_.jpg (39KB, 342x435px) Image search: [Google]
91+khicupoL._SX342_.jpg
39KB, 342x435px
Thoughts?
>>
>>386337742
Repetitive as fuck and you really need to enjoy the Nemesis system. Story is fan fiction level.
>>
>>386337742
It was alright. Map was pathetically tiny, got kind of repetitive, but it was a pretty solid foundation. If Shadows Of War (think that's what it's called?) manages to push everything up a level I'll give it a go.
>>
>>386337742
Pointless when Shadow of War will basically be a upgraded version. But then again in this one you won't deal with online microtransactions.
>>
>>386337742
I got this for $4 on the PSN store 2 weeks ago. Ill start it after I finish DS3.
>>
>>386337742
The fighting does get repetitive and it plays almost exactly like Assassin's Creed but in Mordor. I don't even really remember the story. The last boss is basically a QTE. It also felt kind of short, but maybe that was just me.

When you unlock most of your abilities, you become ridiculously powerful. It is fun making orc generals fight each other though.
>>
>>386337898
You can get the silver chests win in-game currency. No we don't know what he rate of the currency we get will be, but it's no reason to jump to conclusions and assume the rest of the game will blow chunks because it has microtransactions.

Besides, all AAA gaming has been trying to do is find a way to put this in Single Player games, and nothing is going to stop them from wanting to, nor the average Joe and Jane outside of the internet from buying that premium currency anyway. I say just accept that this will happen and hope developers think of better user friendly ways to implement these kind of systems.
>>
I finished the main story recently but can't bring myself to complete any of the DLC missions, Lord of the Hunt especially.
>>
>>386338649
>Nothing is going to stop them
People stoping buying their games.
>>
>>386340128
>people will stop buying games
>>
>>386340994
Boycotting is the only power consumers have. If you buy it hoping they'll think of better user friendly ways to implement these kind of systems you're wrong. They'll do everything they can to fuck you over. Buy buying the game, you're telling them you're ok with them fucking you deep in the ass.
The best thing you can do is not buy the game/get it used/get it on deep deep sale.
>>
>>386341195
But the concept of boycotting would be foreign to the majority of consumers. They just lap up whatever is thrown at them
>>
>>386341432
And that's why there are microtransactions in Shadow of War. That shit started in Ass Creed Unity and kept on going.
Also, ignorance is never an excuse.
>>
>>386341628
Don't get me wrong, I hate that shit as much as anyone else, but I also think it's just an inevitably at this point and a few people on the internet aren't going to change it
>>
>>386337742
>The last boss is basically a QTE.
Don't remind me anon. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry during that "battle".
>>
Having gotten to the third map, I think I've played as much of this game as I'm ever going to. If I had known that's what it was going to be, I would have never wasted the money on it. Neat concepts, shit game.
>>
>>386337742
Nemesis System is nice, even when it's bugging out. Shame devs didn't steal it for their games like their creators wanted.
Slightly peeved by the lack of weapons. Yeah this is supposed to be AssCreed with orcs but at least Ezio had a ton of crap to stick up a nearby guard's ass, while Talion doesn't
disappointed with the final boss, but eh
>>
Would've given it a 7/10 up until the final two bosses being QTEs.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.