[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IS IT WORTH IT?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 9

File: mass-effect-andromeda.jpg (122KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
mass-effect-andromeda.jpg
122KB, 1024x576px
Mass Effect Andromeda I'd on sale at the moment on the PS4 store, 45% off. I'm tempted to buy it but I want to be sure it's worth buying first.

I'm well aware of the terrible graphics and animations but that doesn't really bother me, I'm more interested in gameplay and story.

Please share opinions on the game and personal experience.
>>
There should be a 10 hour trial for the game on the store anon. If you like it after that, you can just buy it and continue where you left off.
>>
I personally liked it (Played over 90 hours)

The first 10 or so hours are pretty pants BUT It really picks up later on.

(Just for reference, I played on PC)
>>
>>386337197
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KWkao73HuU

You tell me, Anon.
>>
Hint: it went on sale 50% off a month after it was released.
>>
>>386337197
i think it's a good game, not great but good. most of the problems with the game have been fixed and the dev team still continues to do patches.

i'm just waiting for MaF to do another trainer so i can go back to play it.
>>
File: lelrekt.jpg (50KB, 480x615px) Image search: [Google]
lelrekt.jpg
50KB, 480x615px
>>386337197
No, but if you really want to play it, torrent it
>>
There's a demo of somekind available. Don't buy it, you'd be encouraging shit development.
>>
OP here, I've nearly downloaded the demo and I'll play it then decide. I'll probably just end up waiting for a massive discount or possibly it being free on plus.
>>
OP here, I've nearly downloaded the demo and I'll play it then decide. I'll probably just end up waiting for a massive discount or possibly it being free on plus...
>>
>>386337197
Gameplay is solid
worlds look nice
Drak and Vetra are cool

That's about all the positives.
The story is shit.
The cast is mostly shit or forgettable.
Ryder is forgettable in every way and more boring than Shepard.
>>
File: 1481846584230.png (791KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481846584230.png
791KB, 960x540px
>>386337197
I put 85 hours into it. Gameplay gets repetitive after the first world (and theres five worlds.)
Theres A LOT of pointless quests.
The characters on your team are pretty bland. Their backstories are uninteresting. There is no character development.
Your choices don't matter.
***There is no final boss. You kill a bunch of robots (the same ones you've been killing through out the game) and then The Archon just drops dead. Yup, just drops to the floor... dead.
The story behind the Kett is stolen from Star Trek's Borg. They take the best traits from a species and then convert them into foot soldiers. The Archon is uninteresting. Hes just evil for the sake of it.

Bad writing. Ok shooting.

Honestly, I'd recommend that you just pirate it. Chances are, you're not going to finish it.
>>
File: Final Build.webm (3MB, 1920x550px) Image search: [Google]
Final Build.webm
3MB, 1920x550px
>>386337413
>>386337383
>>386337743
>>386339215
How's that Buyer's Remorse feeling?
>>
Drak and Vetra are the only interesting and realistic people in the whole game.
>>
File: s.png (124KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
s.png
124KB, 300x270px
I tried the trial, first mini planet I was having fun jumping around scanning alien shit but when I got to the ship and they just casually introduced a female krogan, this indian and some other indian dude in a sidequests I already knew what kind of game it would be so I stopped.
>>
>>386340008
We could have had an interesting game about the ramifications of colonizing a new galaxy and interacting with the species in it, deciding whether to go full genocide or try to work with them. We could have had planets that hadn't been contacted by space faring civilizations and you choose whether to uplift them or be like gods etc.

We could have had a fun game about BOLDLY GOING but instead we got another uninspired "AN ANCIENT EVIL AWAKENS" story with little to no consequences to your actions, no meaning to actually moving to a new galaxy, and some open ended sequel bait that leaves a whole other part of the galaxy left to explore and more ANCIENT EVILS to kill but then the studio an heroed so hard there won't even be any DLC for this game.

tl;dr, play it for the shooty and the pretty parts, and don't waste money on it.
>>
File: Kill Me.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Kill Me.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>so many people on /v/ bought Andromeda
I didn't know there were this many idiots on this board
>>
File: 1501862254471.png (501KB, 773x648px) Image search: [Google]
1501862254471.png
501KB, 773x648px
>>386337197
It's a modern BioWare game, you really need to ask?
>>
>>386340309
First day?
We're all pirates.
>>
File: Ryder Angry.webm (396KB, 622x742px) Image search: [Google]
Ryder Angry.webm
396KB, 622x742px
>>386340463
People in this very thread said they bought it though
>>
>>386337197
Story is dogshit, companions are boring/annoying and which ones you take along is literally unimportant.
Game is riddled with bugs and bad coding in general.
Combat is unbalanced (shooting heads is way better than any abilities) and gets stale very fast.

I pirated it and couldn't even be arsed to complete it. Every planrt basically being the same didn't help either.
>>
>>386340505
no one in this thread said they bought it, anon.
>>
>>386340536
>>386340008 likely bought it if he said to "just pirate it" as it shows remorse
>>386337743
>>386337413
Clearly bought it because of how desperately positive they are trying to be
>>
>>386340505
they're redditors
>>
>>386340656
>likely bought it if he said to "just pirate it" as it shows remorse

i actually pirated it. OP said he was going to buy it, which is why i told him to pirate.
>>
>>386340303
This. A complete waste.
>>
>>386340303
>expecting an interesting game from modern EA or its studios
Your fault for being a dumbass
>>
For all the newfags out there
>Mass Effect: Amazing
>Mass Effect 2: Masterpiece
>Mass Effect 3: Good
>Mass Effect Andromeda: Shit
>>
>>386341181
Mass Effect was never that great if you had standards. 2 was decent but I wouldn't cite any of them as masterpieces.
>>
>>386340080
The only game that ever made me have buyer remorse was GW2...
>>
Andromeda feels like it was made to deliberately annoy the player.
Nevermind the shitty story, characters, world building and graphics, every quest is written so you're forced to visit 5 locations at least. You spend five minutes getting from A to B, spend 40 seconds talking / shooting / scanning and then you're off to C and so on and so forth.
>>
OP here, after reading your comments and playing the demo a little I've decided not to bother.

I'll buy it if it becomes extremely cheep, like £5.

Thanks guys, saved me £30.
>>
File: dogert.png (279KB, 566x372px) Image search: [Google]
dogert.png
279KB, 566x372px
>>386341181
>Mass Effect 3: Good
>>
>>386341385
>five pounds
That's like 50 cents worth of pounds at this point
All jokes aside, people have been able to find Andromeda in bargain bins at game stores for around that price.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.