[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expeditions: Viking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

Why is this game not talked about more? It's actually a really good RPG and most bugs are now fixed

>be a viking
>invade britain
>slaughter christians
>raid monasteries
>faction reputation system
>companion permadeath
>good turn based combat
>>
>>386333629
It's not a high profile enough release just like Conquistador.
>>
>>386333629
I'd rather have Expeditions: Templars where I go to the Middle East and slaughter muslims while setting up Templar settlements and fortifications.
>>
>>386333629
How is it compared to Conquistador?
>>
>>386333629
I've had a brief look at it and it doesn't seem as interesting as Conquistador was.
>>
is it better than Conquistador? That game was kind of fine but didn't really have anything special to keep me playing.
>>
I was happy with turn based combat in Fallout and UFO, but melee turn based combat always seems to be a huge turn-off for me, somehow.
>>
>>386333629
>slaughter christians

:(
>>
I haven't played it but just visually it looks so much better then Conquistador, makes me wish that conquistador was the sequel and vikings was the original so the rad aztec cities could have been prettier.
>>
>>386333731
you know what I want.

Imagine Homeworld but set during the crusades.

as you get further and further inland you'll basically run out of supplies, and you'll be forced to raid villages or whatever for them, and this will only increase the number of enemies you'll encounter.

>the end will have Adagio for strings
>>
>>386333860
While it is mostly melee (excluding stuff like slings and bows) it's a pretty deep system,. For example, you can use an axe to tear away an enemies shield, making it useless for the turn. Dane axes and spears have more than one tile reach. Whole bunch of warcries and prayers give buffs and debuffs, fire and poison attacks, you can throw enemies, kick dust in their faces, etc. They really put in quite an effort to make it more deep than simple lines of melee combat.

In my playthrough I allied with the picts against the south, but you can also just kill pretty much kill anyone you meet.

It's so far my favorite RPG of the year (there really isn't much competition though holy shit, besides ELEX and Divinity OS 2 nothing looks decent)
>>
>>386333629
>>386334436

Does the armor you wear change your appearance? or are you stuck with the look you chose at the character creation?
>>
>>386334436
Wait, I thought ELEX looked like a pile of shit? I haven't looked at it in a long time.
>>
Is this their second or third game now?
>>
>>386334879
It looks like an RPG atleast

>>386334823
I never paid attention to that honestly, I only noticed that my character looked different when he wore chainmail, not sure about different bits of leather armor
>>
File: 20170714053125_1.jpg (221KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170714053125_1.jpg
221KB, 1366x768px
>>386333629

Nothing to shitpost about.

>>386334925

Second game. They haven't said what the setting of the 3rd game will be.

>>386333872

You can bully Christians too. Or be a gay viking and just befriend them.

>>386333731
>>386333961

I'd be cool, but I think it'd be a little dicey to make a game where you play Christians fighting Muslims in this current age. The same goes for a game where you play Muslims fighting Christians, even though something where you play as a group of Turks against Vlad the Impaler and other Eastern Europe figures.

Caribbean Pirates could also be cool, since you can have multiple European colonies to interact with, their slaves, as well as various native tribes.
>>
>>386333629
Is it like Conquistador?
>niggers constantly raiding your camp
>some shit about female soldiers in the 16th century Spanish army
>she starts crying, a fucking female soldier, and I can't tell her to shut up and fuck off
>>
>wanting to play a dirty Scandinavian faggot
how about no?
>>
>>386336846
It's very similar to conquistador but with the vikings raid of england.
It has much less emphasis on camping/exploring and much more in the rpg/questing aspect this time, which makes sense I guess and adds flavor as a whole if you play both games.
Imo was really good, didn't surpass expectaions but as good as it's predecesor (but obviously less innovative)
Also yes, it's still an extremely realistic world except for the fact that woman are soliders, I guess this time they can get away with the shieldmaiden thing.
>>
File: 20170709193643_1.jpg (230KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
20170709193643_1.jpg
230KB, 1366x768px
>>386336846
>niggers constantly raiding your camp

They cut down on camping events like that, but you can sometimes get attacked while traveling (but your scouting skill can help you evade them.)

>>386336846
>she starts crying, a fucking female soldier, and I can't tell her to shut up and fuck off

You can't? I could have sworn there was a "tough shit, deal with it" anytime anybody got pissy about something in Conquistador. But maybe it was a special event for someone I never recruited. I know an altruistic female doctor will get mopy because she wanted to help people, but you can tell her that that's the way life goes, and you have to accept that.

In Vikings, your character is the Thane (mayor) of a tiny little village, who is under the threat of being taken over by a much more powerful political rival. Since you're such a small village (that has suffered from mismanagement by the previous Thane), you mostly just get help from your childhood friends and neighbors, a few of which are grills.

However, by the time you get to the main questline, you can create custom characters and can just leave the girl characters behind if their presence bothers you.

Every character being a unique character with a unique backstory is something I missed from Conquistador, but I guess it let the devs flesh out the unique they did have a little more.
>>
>>386336318
>Turks against Vlad the Impaler
Dude, Vlad the Impaler was the hero during that time.
>>
>>386333961
>>386336318

https://youtu.be/Mxtl89aLJDA

the whole Adagio for strings bit would play at the end, as your exhausted, weary, with cracked lips and basically dehydrated crusade-leader/general makes it to whatever relic/shrine/thing they were after which is bathed in light

(basically so it's implied to be vague whether it's a hallucination and he's dying of thirst/lack of supplies, or if he's actually seeing what he's seeing, the music swelling/soaring in order to highlight the beauty/tragedy of his expedition, all the sacrifice, loss, all the brutal hardship, and all for a powerful faith or belief)

it could have fantasy names/be thinly connected to the crusades, (basically like quest for holy grail or like the "true true cross" or something on some fantastic god forsaken mountain across a very arid landscape with a 12th century technology level)

I'm thinking something with a M&B -ish overworld, maybe MoW:AS-ish or M2:TW ish interface, heck perhaps have Oregon trail-like events that pop-up, or management screens.

>I'd want each soldier/figure to have independent values assigned for things like armor condition, health, moral, etc, so you feel a sense of attrition and a sort of "need to pray" as you get closer and closer to the end
>you'd basically start off with an army of fresh faced types, young troops in shining armour, gradually you'd lose most of them, your troops at the end are battered, missing pieces of armor, half-starved, dehydrated, some mercenaries accompany you, many of your men are scarred by the things they did or saw, they only follow because they feel it will in some way provide penance for their deeds
>>
>>386333629
Can you rape? Otherwise what's the point
>>
>>386337701

I never said he wasn't. I just thought he'd be more interesting as an antagonist. You can play a bad guy in these games too.
>>
>>386337865
I think being able to enjoy gameplay with you impaling people and deciding who to impale is more fun and interesting.
>>
>>386333629
the predecessor was unpalpable, most probably tried it after how hyped it was by word of mouth and found it really hard to get into.
>>
>>386338018

Good point. Although it wouldn't be much of an expedition if you're just sitting around waiting for the strange foreign people to come to you, but I don't know much Ottoman/Eastern Euro relations at the time, I thought Eastern Europeans were mostly on the defense at that time, or were they gaining land from the Ottomans?
>>
>>386338035
Yeah I had that experience with Conquistador. I loved the idea of it but I just didn't enjoy playing it.
>>
>>386338314
If it were a game, concessions could be made instead of adhering completely to historical accuracy.
>>
>>386337040
you come say that to my axe you goddamn faggot
>>
>>386338314
Stuff's complicated. I know little about the period, but Vlad grew up in the Ottoman court, and Skandenbeg used to fight for the Turks.
It doesn't have to be a great stlryline that ends with the Ottomans being conquered for good. Skandenbeg fought them for over 25 years
>>
>>386333629
>it's another americans think they know viking names game
nope
>>
File: 1111.jpg (224KB, 1620x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1111.jpg
224KB, 1620x1080px
>>386340274
>Logic Artists is an independent game development studio located in Copenhagen, Denmark.

retard
>>
>>386333629
>>good turn based combat
ZZzzZZzzzzZZZzzz
>>
>>386340880
>prefering rtwp

pleb
>>
>>386334879

It looks like a pile of shit to Skyrim and Fallout players because it has a really low budget and shitty marketing.
>>
File: teno aztec captial 2.jpg (1MB, 1692x1312px) Image search: [Google]
teno aztec captial 2.jpg
1MB, 1692x1312px
>>386333910
This, we need more games showing off how cool mesoamerican cities and locations were
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.